Islam is different?

sam5d

Alaykoum Salam Sister,

Please be careful in your understanding. The Sharia (Islamic Law) is defined by the Quran and the Sunnah (life and interpretation of the Prophet). The basic rules of the Sharia are fixed and for somes cases there is room for interpretation hence the 4 schools of jurisprudence.

Now what you are pointing at, is the practice of the people in Turkey which is not in line with the sharia. This can be true of course because people don't always practice islam 100%. Also the law enforced in Turkey is not sharia but secular law (forcefully imposed since the fall of the Ottoman Califate in 1923 at the hand of Mustafa Kemal Ataturk a secular army general). However the lack of islam does not change the fact that sharia law is always the standard for believers to follow, regardless of the political context (religious like in Saudi Arabia or secular like in Turkey) and the cultural practice of the people (like in turkey where SOME may say smoking is not haram).

In a nutshell there is no purely islamic country where the law is 100% islamic/sharia and the people practice islam at 100%. We have to strive towards that goal but earth will never be paradise unfortunately. May Allah grant us Jannah (paradise) inchallah.

sam5d

:salam2::hijabi: Sisters and Brothers!
Jazzakallah khair for all your posts. :ma: I'm really pleased that I started this discussion. I have learnt a lot. To be honest, yesterday after I talk with my Turkish friend, my mind was a little bit devastated. I'm reeally very optimistci toward Islam, maybe too optimistic (I mean when it comes to people and their attitude). I'm happy that you have ansered my questions:hijabi: I didn;t mean to offend anybody. If someone feels like this, I'm sorry. I'm still learning....:hijabi: I would like to make a comment about pigs and calling them darlings...It's not my fualt that I live in Poland, 99% Catholic country. In Catholic church is not forbidden to eat pork, to drink alcohol (in reasonable amount, but actually waht does it mean..hmmm...it means different thing for each of them). My point was, because of this optimism:), that if I'm in Muslim country, I would like to feel Islamic atmosphere,a dn I thought(maybe too optimistically again), that it's like this, that rules are respected everywhere. Islam is just so clear to me...But sometimes heard to understand fuly, as a previous Catholic and European woman. One more time Jazzakallah khair!
:tti_sister:
:salam2:
Salam Sister,

I think it would do you a lot of good to visit a traditional muslim country like Egypt,Morroco, Saudi or maybe Turkey. You would feel so well in the company of so many muslims like you, especially if you live in Poland we muslims ara rather rare.
I strongly suggest if you have friends to go visit a muslim country because it will be a great spiritual journey which you will never forget (like being wakened up by the morning adhan at 5:00AM). If you can't do that, then try a Omra in Mecca. It will fill up your heart inshallah.

Tell us a bit about you and your life in Poland. Are you a convert ?

Joanna-Aisha

Jazzakallah khair for your posts! You are amazing! Yes, I am a convert. I converted 2 months ago. I was brought up in Catholic family. Maybe once I'll tell my story in TTI's section for this...:) Here are 99% Catholics, then Jewish people, Buddism religion, and some of Muslims...I agree, and it's my dream to visit especially Egypt, and other Muslim countries:)I can imagine how hospitable are people there. I have heard it....:)
Salam alykoum!

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
:wasalam: sister Aisha
Allah is free from every Imperfection.
It wasn't Muslims that made Islam great it was Islam that made the Muslims great.
So we can only remain great if we follow the Quran and the sunnah to the full.
We don't have to look far, just look at ourselves.

Surely Allah does not change the condition of a people until they change their own condition. (Ar-Ra`d 13:11)

May Allah guide us to the straight path. Ameen. :tti_sister:

Muslimah99

Bosnian Muslimah
:salam2: Sisters and Brothers!:hijabi:

I have a problem. I 've just finished talk with my Muslim freind from Turkey. He told me something, what made me concerned. He claims that Islam is different in Turkey, because of mixed culture. I tild him that Islam is everywhere the same, only people try to change it. He said that in Turkey woman don't have to cover, that smoking is not haram but mekruh (is taht true?). I am in shockHe said more things, that these rules ar from Shariat (I hope I pronunce it well), and they do not exist in Turkey, only in Saudi Arabia. I know that tehre exist cultural mix, but is it the truth? Is it ok to say what my Muslim friend said? I'm concerner, really!
Jazzakallah khair for all your answers.
:tti_sister:

wlc salam sister, I recommend you not to follow his example

turks tend to have a more liberal view on islam..."everything that matters is what is in your heart" they keep saying...I have met many Turks...there are many Turks in Denmark...most of them I met drink alcohol, go to parties, act in a hypocritical way, but not everyone is like that...there are bad and good people in every nationality.

I completely agree with you that islam should be the same everywhere :ma:

people shouldn't try to "change" it!! :SMILY286:

Muslimah99

Bosnian Muslimah
I am a Muslim from Malaysia. Malaysia is a liberalised country. That said, it does not mean we do not practise Syariah law or the main practises of Islam. What we do not practise is wearing the hijab. There is a lot of women here that wear headscarves and no, it isn't banned here!

I do not wear a headscarve but my late mother did. Often times, some people would ask why don't I wear one - I don't wear one because I am not ready to wear it. I believe that when one is ready, and by ready I mean - practising ALL aspects of Islam - only then one should wear it as not to come across as a hypocrite. I have seen a lot of Muslim women here in my country that wear a headscarf but at the same time, they wear tight clothes which to me is wrong but who am I to judge this people, right?

If you were to see me on the streets, you wouldn't think I am a Muslim by the way I dress. I can't say it is something that I am proud of, I am in fact offended if someone mistaken me for a non-Muslim but as I stated above, I will only practise wearing a headscarf when I am fully educated in Islam. I think a lot of people would call my family the modernised Islam but by no means do we alter our beliefs.

salam aleykum,

every woman who goes outside uncovered is sinning..we can take things gradually, HIJAB IS AN OBLIGATION, w can do our best and pray to Allah to help and guide us...just because we can't handle everything at once it doesn't mean one is a hypocrite!

when you are "fully" educated in islam? LOL you are educated enough to know hijab is an obligation!

pırlanta

sorry for my english.turkish people always be the most powerfull warriors of islam and gave millions of people as şehid since we accepted islam about 1000 years ago.turkish people always in the frontline defending islam against crusaders from christian europe.the way of living islam is different from arabic understanding of islam.of course every nation has some different ways of living islam.that does not mean one is better than the other.there are many ways to reach Allah (c.c).today turkey have large islamic movement that can not be seen from outside world.because of its nature it is going on home to home man to man.as bediiüzzaman(greatest of his time) Said Nursi (r.a) said ''most powerfull voice will be the islam in future(close time) of the world''.

cihan

Left The Website
sorry for my english.turkish people always be the most powerfull warriors of islam and gave millions of people as şehid since we accepted islam about 1000 years ago.turkish people always in the frontline defending islam against crusaders from christian europe.the way of living islam is different from arabic understanding of islam.of course every nation has some different ways of living islam.that does not mean one is better than the other.there are many ways to reach Allah (c.c).today turkey have large islamic movement that can not be seen from outside world.because of its nature it is going on home to home man to man.as bediiüzzaman(greatest of his time) Said Nursi (r.a) said ''most powerfull voice will be the islam in future(close time) of the world''.

As salamualeykum wr wb
I also live in Turkey and i know that Said-i Nursi stuff and their bad stuffs surely but for now i will take it short and i will just ask "WHAT IS THAT "(R.A)" YOU PUT AFTER THAT SAID-I NURSI'S NAME?" ...By the way i didn't ask really why ...i guess ppl call these kind of speechs as "irony"

Some other ironic questions too ..
- Can you tell us about "Bank Asya"
- Can you tell us why you call yourselves as "nurcu"(nurist)
-Can you tell us why your leader Fetullah Gülen is in the u.s.a now?(you will tell me "because of the turkish goverment,army " but i ask for example why not in other muslim countries)
- Can you tell us why your leader's tv channel "STV" never makes news against u.s.a?
- Can you tell us why you trade only inside of your "nurcu cemaat" ?
-Can you tell us why you see other muslims different from you who are not in your cemaat?
-Can you tell us why you add so much holy words to your leader's names? (For ex:Fetullah Gülen Hoca Efendi Hazretleri... also you added (r.a) after Said-i Nursi)
-Can you tell us who told you Said-i Nursi was the best commenter of Quran-Islam in his time?
-Can you tell us never you read for example surah en-am 159?
-Can you tell us if you didn't find it enough to call yourselves "muslims" then you added the word "nurcu(nurist)" ?
-Can you tell us how can your leader Fetullah Gülen find a right to make "dialogue between religions" ?
-Can you tell us if something like that is possible >>> "dialogue between religions"?

Anyways i can find more questions ...this is it for now
A few links Dr. Zakir Naik 1st part http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nr7BGzfeXw
2nd part http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mY8fKRfTRI&feature=related
Khalid Yasin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbOIImn9pbo

Allah Hafiz

pırlanta

cihan müslümanlar uğraşacağın kimseler değil.uğraşmak istediğin birileri varsa kafirlerle uğraş.bozgunculuk ve bölücülük yapma.herkesin kendi yolunu en iyi görme hakkı vardır.ama kimsenin başkasının yoluna kötü deme hakkı yoktur.anlama kabiliyetin yoksa mübarek insanların hakkında haddini aşacak laf söyleme.allahın tokadını yersin.

Sonia88

eesssh thats offit the fact they been bought up 2 call that islam... the fact ur frend sed that 'islam is different' is offit.

dunno

islam is the same always been always will be
it just people follows it are different
i meet few turk while hajj they were very nice and they talked about how the goverment is anti-islam hope that will change some day
thanks for the post

jamafg

My dear brothers and sisters,
I request you all please to not mix up culture with Islam.
Islam does not recognise any culture, but only the Sharyah.
If you're a good Muslim then follow the sharyah not your culture.
ISLAM IS NOT A CULTURE, BUT A FAITH (DEEN, MAZHAB).
In the day of judgement Allah SWT will not ask you, were you’re from, but will ask you what your Faith (Deen, Mazhab) is!
Faith and culture are two different things, which shouldn't be mix up.
Jazakom Allah