Effects of TV

salahdin

Effects of TV HADITH

The Prophet (S.A.W.S) has said

“verily, the gaze is a poisonous arrow from the arrows of SATAN”.

It is reported on the authority of Hasan Basri (R.A) that the Apostle of Allah (S.A.W.S) is to have said

“the CURSE of Allah is one the who sees and on the one who is seen”.

NAVEED

One simple solution, get rid of your TV and your life will be so peaceful.I did that 3 years ago and since then our lives are wonderful. no regret at all. But I must say this is all due to Allah SWT 's blessing that he blessed us with courage to do so.oh Allah make us steadfast on that. ameen

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
The TV is not the problem, its the choices that we make with that remote control. There are many benefits, if you use it wisely. Allah knows best.

Believer1985

I dont watch much TV, but surely there is nothing wrong with watching a programme here and there...?

PS: I always wondered, is it just my family that used to flick the channels over at love scenes? I dont want to watch them or anything, but as a child (and even now) I always wondered...

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

i really don't watch much television anymore. a good portion of what's on tv is haram, therefore i have to be very strong in avoiding it. i mostly watch the news and a few documentaries. there is so much madness on the tv, it just gets worse and worse; but i realize that i have the choice to not watch such foul programming. i also realized that the producers of these shows are only making them because there is a high demand for immoral programming. it sells. everything goes back to following the money. i say change the channel or turn off the tv. there is benefit in watching tv, but the harm is probably much worse.

i've heard it said that the average american watches 72 hours of tv a week. that's 3 days! imagine if we studied the quran for 72 hours!! we have been giving tv 3 full days and receiving no benefit from it. i know for a fact that if you have been dedicating yourself to watching tv for 72 hours a week, there is no way that you have been devoting 72 or more hours a week to quran. that's sad indeed, because the quran has benefit in this life and the next.

:wasalam:

Don_Salvatore

The ability to reason yourself is what makes you a human being

Reading your posts i cant stop wondering how one can end in a state where ideas and doctrines that are outdated (yes... you dont believe they are... which again is a problem) still are used to explain and to guide your lives. It is sad and frightening that you follow these thought like sheep instead of reasoning yourselves. This is the mightiest achievment of humankind. To wonder and to deduct yourself what is right or wrong is our purpose. To put ones fate in one religion or idea without an open mind to the mistakes and failures they always have is not only stupid but shows a lack of selfthinking and capabality to ever move forward.

Luckily reasoning and openmindedness will with time also eradicate your kind so that the world can move forward in union. With the one goal that is to find the universal truths and not the religious idiocy that penetrates all religions and doctrines. I pray to all gods and prophets so that we can get there sooner rather than later.

amy

I dont watch much TV, but surely there is nothing wrong with watching a programme here and there...?

PS: I always wondered, is it just my family that used to flick the channels over at love scenes? I dont want to watch them or anything, but as a child (and even now) I always wondered...

LOL!! no its nt just your parents, mine do it too!!
think its just a parent thing!!

fatimah1975

the truth isn't far

Since greatly resticting the t.v. for my children. their behavoir has greatly imroved. They read now at home. Read the quaran also. With chartoons on with adult themes it was to hard to screen everything. now i rent educational video's. I wish i could find more islamic video's,inshallah.

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
Reading your posts i cant stop wondering how one can end in a state where ideas and doctrines that are outdated (yes... you dont believe they are... which again is a problem) still are used to explain and to guide your lives. It is sad and frightening that you follow these thought like sheep instead of reasoning yourselves. This is the mightiest achievment of humankind. To wonder and to deduct yourself what is right or wrong is our purpose. To put ones fate in one religion or idea without an open mind to the mistakes and failures they always have is not only stupid but shows a lack of selfthinking and capabality to ever move forward.

Luckily reasoning and openmindedness will with time also eradicate your kind so that the world can move forward in union. With the one goal that is to find the universal truths and not the religious idiocy that penetrates all religions and doctrines. I pray to all gods and prophets so that we can get there sooner rather than later.

:salam2: Don_Salvatore,

It's good that you question yourself.It's the start of "trying to understand". But don't close your mind thinking that we, as Muslims, follow as sheeps. Islam is not only a religion, is a way of Life! And, if we don't want to end in anarchy and misbehave, we need to follow some rules,isn't it? Well, us Muslims we have the Qur'an,the word of God and that's what we follow.Together with the Sunnah(manners & traditions)of Prophet Muhammad :saw: Simple. Some rules may sounds "strict" for you but lots of them are based in your bible too. Then you are free to follow them or not. It depends of your feeling towards God. I was like you believe me,then I've found the truth Islam! :)

must91

my friend why are you so angry when there has been reasoning enough. why are you so afraid when Islam itself means peace.
Do you really think "reasoning and openmindedness will with time also eradicate your (our) kind so that the world can move forward in union? In union towards what? ...towards the disobediance of the one true Creator who is most merciful and oft-giving and to whom we all shall return.
My fellow human being your reactions are same as the people of Nuh (AS) (Noah) and the people of Lut (AS) Lot.
You seem to be lost and weak at heart. at least your last sentence suggests so. You "pray to all gods and prophets" neither were there any gods and any prophets before Him. He is the begining and He is the ending. Only man like Don Salvatore made these gods and elevated prophets to be in union with the very One who is free from all association and partners. Recite Don recite La ilaha illallah Muhammadur Rasool Ullah... accept Don.. accept that there is no one worthy of worship but Allah Muahmmad is Allah's messenger.

Don_Salvatore

Well... I am surely not weak at heart. I believe in a creator but not in a god that has made laws for humans. Only humans make laws for humans and only for their own benefit. As it is today and has always been.

Towards what? Towards what i believe is our purpose... To learn, to fathom more of gods creation each passing day without any "inside" obstacles that dictate what we may or may not do. If religion says something we can contradict by facts why then shall we not follow the truth?
Who are you to say that others who believe differently than you are wrong? Unless you can make god appear and make him tell the world that your faith is the right one i am not inclined to believe you more than the incan who sacrificed people to the sun.

Hehe... I am not weak at heart... I believe that my heart and my intellect outshines yourt faith by more than you can imagine. Reasoning and own judgement of what is right and wrong will in the end prevail over any doctrine that is inherently wrong in some way as well as it is right in others.

MOHAMMEDFALIQ

I watch a lot of TV and thank god i dont implant my system with the things i see on it .Like other people and plus I watch alot of the science channel and all (pretty interesting stuff they show) one benefit of TV .

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
Well... I am surely not weak at heart. I believe in a creator but not in a god that has made laws for humans. Only humans make laws for humans and only for their own benefit. As it is today and has always been.

Towards what? Towards what i believe is our purpose... To learn, to fathom more of gods creation each passing day without any "inside" obstacles that dictate what we may or may not do. If religion says something we can contradict by facts why then shall we not follow the truth?
Who are you to say that others who believe differently than you are wrong? Unless you can make god appear and make him tell the world that your faith is the right one i am not inclined to believe you more than the incan who sacrificed people to the sun.

Hehe... I am not weak at heart... I believe that my heart and my intellect outshines yourt faith by more than you can imagine. Reasoning and own judgement of what is right and wrong will in the end prevail over any doctrine that is inherently wrong in some way as well as it is right in others.

i've been asked by non believers about my surety of islam being the true religion. most of those people that ask me are atheists or hate religion. even if islam was false and not the truth, where is the harm in having believed? if you don't believe there is only one god or if you believe there are many gods, who can question acts such as fasting, praying 5 times a day, giving charity to the poor, etc? these are blameless acts and there is nothing in doing these acts that seem to be questionable behavior. i explain to non muslims, what if islam is right. they then realize that they may end up having to be accountable for their actions. why? because they have performed questionable behavior. therefore if islam was " false " we still would've died as good people, there would be no loss for us.

Don_Salvatore

"therefore if islam was " false " we still would've died as good people, there would be no loss for us"

That is very true indeed! But have you ever wondered what you are missing by following the strict rules of a religion? If as you say there would be no loss if in the end you are right... But what if you arent my friend? Then you lived your life without experiencing half of it for no reason whatsoever!

But this is a long and hard discussions. Why would a god create a world where you can sin at all? Because he has a sense of humor or because he in some way is evil? Oh yes... The devil... Which again is in my eyes a stupid way to think. The omnipotent god has an adversary? No... Again human ideas that have infiltrated the true state of things. There is no good or evil... There just IS... And mark my words... Experience life... The world... Everything before your end comes. That is the only reason god has created it all... Tha is why we are here...
And this does not mean one has to kill or do harm to others...

Shannonx

Don_Salvatore, Muslims still can enjoy life. We can still experience life. I don't understand why you're making it seem like we're not enjoying life? There's a lot of things Muslims can do, it just has to be halal. Watching t.v. is suppose to be experiencing life? Drinking alcohol, sleeping around, partying is experiencing life? I know you didn't say that, but i've heard many people say that before. I hardly see that as experiencing life. Please, before you tell us to start experiencing life realize that we already are..

muharram23

Staff member
"therefore if islam was " false " we still would've died as good people, there would be no loss for us"

That is very true indeed! But have you ever wondered what you are missing by following the strict rules of a religion? If as you say there would be no loss if in the end you are right... But what if you arent my friend? Then you lived your life without experiencing half of it for no reason whatsoever!

But this is a long and hard discussions. Why would a god create a world where you can sin at all? Because he has a sense of humor or because he in some way is evil? Oh yes... The devil... Which again is in my eyes a stupid way to think. The omnipotent god has an adversary? No... Again human ideas that have infiltrated the true state of things. There is no good or evil... There just IS... And mark my words... Experience life... The world... Everything before your end comes. That is the only reason god has created it all... Tha is why we are here...

In the name of Allah the most Gracius, most Merciful

First of all, Islam is the truth, and it is better than all other religions. Why is that? Because all other religions are man made. They are named either after a place, name or thing. You said "

"Who are you to say that others who believe differently than you are wrong? Unless you can make god appear and make him tell the world that your faith is the right one i am not inclined to believe you more than the incan who sacrificed people to the sun. "

When you want to proove something correct, then you look at the evidence/proofs of that, right? Well, the quran has over 6200 verses in arabic called "ajjat" meaning signs, proofs. So, the quran itself is a proof enough. There are many scientific findings that are discowered today but mentioned in the quran 1400 years ago. Our religion is based on proofs and not desires. We don't teach, talk, innovate in our religion that which is not from it. That which Allah or His prophet Muhammad pbuh has not taught us.

If you have a chance then take time and read the quran if you are sincere and want to know. But, if u are arrogant, then u will never learn the truth.

After you read the quran, you will realize urself why we believe that we are right and everyone else is wrong, because ALlah (The only God worthy of worship) has told us in the quran.

By the way, many muslims will say that "islam" means peace, but it actually doesn't. It means submitions, obedience. Submition to ALlah the Lord of the worlds.

Finally, I call you to Say "laa illahe illlallah, wa muhammadan abduhu wa resoolullah" I bare witness, that there is nothing worthy of worship but ALlah alone (without partners) and that Muhammad pbuh is His slave and messenger'

with these words you become a muslims and all your previous sins are forgiven.

ALlah says in the quran

(3:115)

Did you think that We had created you in play (without any purpose), and that you would not be brought back to Us?

if you have a chance, read some more of these beatiful verses.

http://www.islambasics.com/view.php?bkID=135&chapter=1

Allah knows best

Muharram al-bosni

Faiza619

Strangers on earth
Mashaalah

In the name of Allah the most Gracius, most Merciful

First of all, Islam is the truth, and it is better than all other religions. Why is that? Because all other religions are man made. They are named either after a place, name or thing. You said "

"Who are you to say that others who believe differently than you are wrong? Unless you can make god appear and make him tell the world that your faith is the right one i am not inclined to believe you more than the incan who sacrificed people to the sun. "

When you want to proove something correct, then you look at the evidence/proofs of that, right? Well, the quran has over 6200 verses in arabic called "ajjat" meaning signs, proofs. So, the quran itself is a proof enough. There are many scientific findings that are discowered today but mentioned in the quran 1400 years ago. Our religion is based on proofs and not desires. We don't teach, talk, innovate in our religion that which is not from it. That which Allah or His prophet Muhammad pbuh has not taught us.

If you have a chance then take time and read the quran if you are sincere and want to know. But, if u are arrogant, then u will never learn the truth.

After you read the quran, you will realize urself why we believe that we are right and everyone else is wrong, because ALlah (The only God worthy of worship) has told us in the quran.

By the way, many muslims will say that "islam" means peace, but it actually doesn't. It means submitions, obedience. Submition to ALlah the Lord of the worlds.

Finally, I call you to Say "laa illahe illlallah, wa muhammadan abduhu wa resoolullah" I bare witness, that there is nothing worthy of worship but ALlah alone (without partners) and that Muhammad pbuh is His slave and messenger'

with these words you become a muslims and all your previous sins are forgiven.

ALlah says in the quran

(3:115)

Did you think that We had created you in play (without any purpose), and that you would not be brought back to Us?

if you have a chance, read some more of these beatiful verses.

http://www.islambasics.com/view.php?bkID=135&chapter=1

Allah knows best

Muharram al-bosni

Mashaalah that was well put.
Inshaalah he will be able to see your point and May Allah guide us all to the straight path :tti_sister: Ameen.
:wasalam:

amina88

I live & die 4 Allah
Mate, we are the happiest when we are in obdience to our Lord. Islam does not restrict us, rather it emancipates us. All the things that are forbidden in Islam are forbidden for our benefit. In fact, we are taught that the whole world has been created for our service and we have been created for the service of our Lord. What more can we ask for? We are Muslims by choice, each and every single one of us and we chose to be Muslims because we love Islam and see what you don't see, which is the tuth. How far from the truth is it to say that we don't have fun? What do u consider to be fun anyway? You seem a little bit lost but are trying to find out the truth so inshala you will find the truth and Im here to say that ISLAM IS THE TRUTH and the only way to true salvation!

Don_Salvatore

Well.... I read many of the verses you sent me muharram23 and I admit that it is beatiful. But it does not compell me to turn to Islam if you were hoping that. For example. Why would the creator for any reason at all sanction one to kill another being?
How can a creator decree that you may only praise him? When lots of people never even know he exists?
Had the texts been given to every people in the world I might have been inclined to believe in Allah or God or Buddha.... But as it is... None of the gods have been universal... Only regional. Why is that?

Amina88... Many people are not muslims by choice... But because that is the religion where they are born. As it is with all religions. At least in many western countries children have religion in school where you learn of all the big religions. How many muslim countries give that choice at all?!

No... You cannot deny that religion in most part comes from the parents and the culture around them. No choice there...