Annoying Prayer Habits

ajmal_ihsaas22

Striving For Jannah
Unless you got some extremely weird beliefs of this religion, you all probably pray a few times a day or at least make an effort to try. Prayer is cool… a time where we can actually have a one-on-one link with the Almighty Himself. We can either pray alone or pray in congregation.

Unfortunately praying in congregation has its downside. When one is trying to establish a link to God, there is always some"one" that completely screws it up.

Aaaaaaaaameeeeeen

Depending on your school of thought, we should say Ameen aloud after Surah Fatiha is recited. I don’t mind this. What I do mind is people shouting Ameen on the top of their lungs. That’s not nice. Shouting Ameen doesn’t make your prayer better. It just makes everyone else annoyed. If you’re gonna say Ameen out loud, say it in a tolerable voice. Allah (SWT) can hear all Ameens, quiet or loud, so don’t worry about not being heard.

“OMG I know this sura!”
If there’s one thing to ruin your concentration, it would be those “karaoke imams” who are beside you and reciting the sura louder than the actual imam. Congratulations on knowing the sura that the Imam is reciting but please shut up so I can concentrate, thank you

RING RING

I’m sure everyone can relate to this one.
I truly wish cell phones were around at the time of the Prophet (SAW) so they could have been officially banned during prayer time. Because today we have a bunch of mongooses who think they’re important getting called in the midst of prayers. It’s a bit alarming that in the middle of Sura Fatiha all you hear is 50 Cent’s “In Da Club”, “Hello Moto” or some stupid Bollywood ring tone. What’s even more stupid is that no matter how many times I said “Subhanallah”, the Imam still wouldn’t turn off his cell phone during prayer.

Oh the horror.

dianne

Unless you got some extremely weird beliefs of this religion, you all probably pray a few times a day or at least make an effort to try. Prayer is cool… a time where we can actually have a one-on-one link with the Almighty Himself. We can either pray alone or pray in congregation.

Unfortunately praying in congregation has its downside. When one is trying to establish a link to God, there is always some moron that completely screws it up.

Aaaaaaaaameeeeeen

Depending on your school of thought, we should say Ameen aloud after Surah Fatiha is recited. I don’t mind this. What I do mind is people shouting Ameen on the top of their lungs. That’s not nice. Shouting Ameen doesn’t make your prayer better. It just makes everyone else annoyed. If you’re gonna say Ameen out loud, say it in a tolerable voice. Allah (SWT) can hear all Ameens, quiet or loud, so don’t worry about not being heard.

“OMG I know this sura!”
If there’s one thing to ruin your concentration, it would be those “karaoke imams” who are beside you and reciting the sura louder than the actual imam. Congratulations on knowing the sura that the Imam is reciting but please shut up so I can concentrate, thank you

RING RING

I’m sure everyone can relate to this one.
I truly wish cell phones were around at the time of the Prophet (SAW) so they could have been officially banned during prayer time. Because today we have a bunch of mongooses who think they’re important getting called in the midst of prayers. It’s a bit alarming that in the middle of Sura Fatiha all you hear is 50 Cent’s “In Da Club”, “Hello Moto” or some stupid Bollywood ring tone. What’s even more stupid is that no matter how many times I said “Subhanallah”, the Imam still wouldn’t turn off his cell phone during prayer.

Oh the horror.

Salam

LOL,its true what u said.
thanks for sharing.

wassalam

isabelelsherif

you are very funny

actually there is a sign in our mosque to remind us to put our phones on silence or turn them off

maybe they should make a sign for no talking as well

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
:salam2: Sister,
I agree with you. I liked your term “karaoke imams”. In the mens section I haven't noticed any “karaoke imams” so far, but several time there are brothers who sound like "African bushman" (a lot of clicking sound) in their rukoo and sujood and when reciting 'At-tahiyaat' etc.

The cell phone really bugs me a lot, even though it is posted on the wall where we enter into the mosque to turn-off the phones, but some people don't.
:wasalam:

MubarekMuslimah

Oh my gosh this is true...in our ladies prayer section at work we can hear the men praying on the other side of the screen...often I am mid prayer when someone goes into the mens section and starts reciting their prayer very loudly and I lose concentration...it got so bad I left a little note by their entrance that showed the number of rakats for each prayer in fard and sunnah and also when they should be said aloud and when silently....so big hint...it didnt work though...:(

Another one is people who are scared to touch you in keeping the line in jummah prayer....so you have to stand with your legs far apart to close up the gaps cos they are scared to come near you....its supposed to be shoulder to shoulder for a reason!!

Masha'allah I love praying in jummah though and I love to see other people pray...:) it still amazes me that we all come from all over the world and different paths to Islam but we all pray the same way....at the same time...facing the same direction...subhanallah it unites us...:)

Muhammad_A

Penguin fancier
Rocking backwards and forwards during the standing bugs me.

So much that I have taken to elbowing whoever is doing it :)

carpy321

im an annoying one i rock back and forth while praying and duing dua quite badly :D!!

i HATE the "whisperers" that whisper so loud all u can hear is them and smell there curry breath :girl3::SMILY286::angryred: i always eat chilly food ect myself!! but we dont want to smell it while we pray

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

the first few things that you mention have probably been going on from the beginning unfortunately. but the whole ring tone thing is so annoying, but it kind of shows where one's at in their deen when a 50 cent ring tone comes on. so many masjids have the signs up saying that cell phones be turned off, but so many ignore the signs. i also wonder about the people calling them during jummah time, doesn't the person calling know that the one they are calling is at a mosque? that person should probably be there too.
:wasalam:

saira1984

Trust in Allah swt
Masha'allah I love praying in jummah though and I love to see other people pray...:) it still amazes me that we all come from all over the world and different paths to Islam but we all pray the same way....at the same time...facing the same direction...subhanallah it unites us...:)

Masha allah thats so true alhumdillah :hijabi:

ScotsMuslim

Live for Allah and His Rasool (saw)
haha legend!! or what about ramadan time... when at magrib jammat.. all the uncles start to burp out load n u actually smell what the jus ate for iftari!! disgusting! lol

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
JazakAllah Khair for posting these but I think we should give credit to the brother at ManiacMuslim.com who originally wrote all these. His site is down but for those of you that don't know it was very successful for him.