What is the reason for the prohibition on pork?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

:salam2:

Question:
I am an Arab living in Malta and I want to know the reason why pork is forbidden, because my friends at work are asking me about that.
Answer: from Islam Q&A

Praise be to Allaah.

The basic principle for the Muslim is that he obeys whatever Allaah enjoins upon him, and refrains from whatever He forbids him, whether the reason behind that is clear or not.

It is not permissible for a Muslim to reject any ruling of sharee’ah or to hesitate to follow it if the reason behind it is not clear. Rather he must accept the rulings on halaal and haraam when they are proven in the text, whether he understands the reason behind that or not.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allaah and His Messenger have decreed a matter that they should have any option in their decision. And whoever disobeys Allaah and His Messenger, he has indeed strayed into a plain error”[al-Ahzaab 33:36]

The only saying of the faithful believers, when they are called to Allaah (His Words, the Qur’aan) and His Messenger, to judge between them, is that they say: ‘We hear and we obey.’ And such are the successful (who will live forever in Paradise)”
[al-Noor 24:51]

Pork is forbidden in Islam according to the text of the Qur’aan,
where Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“He has forbidden you only the Maytah (dead animals), and blood, and the flesh of swine…”[al-Baqarah 2:173]

It is not permissible for a Muslim to consume it under any circumstances except in cases of necessity where a person’s life depends on eating it, such as in the case of starvation where a person fears that he is going to die, and he cannot find any other kind of food, based on the shar’i principle: “In cases of necessity, haraam things are permitted.”

There is no mention in the shar’i texts of a specific reason for the prohibition on pork, apart from the verse in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “for that surely, is impure”
[al-An’aam 6:145].

The word rijs (translated here as ‘impure’) is used to refer to anything that is regarded as abhorrent in Islam and according to the sound human nature (fitrah). This reason alone is sufficient. And there is a general reason which is given with regard to the prohibition on haraam food and drink and the like, which points to the reason behind the prohibition on pork. This general reason is to be found in the verse in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“he [i.e., the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)] allows them as lawful At‑Tayyibaat (i.e. all good and lawful as regards things, deeds, beliefs, persons and foods), and prohibits them as unlawful Al‑Khabaa’ith (i.e. all evil and unlawful as regards things, deeds, beliefs, persons and foods)”[al-A’raaf 7:157]

The general meaning of this verse includes the reason for the prohibition on pork and it may be understood that in the Islamic viewpoint, it is included among the list of things that are evil and unlawful (al-khabaa’ith).

What is meant by al-khabaa’ith here is all things that will harm a person’s health, wealth or morals. Everything that leads to negative consequences in one of these important aspects of a person’s life comes under the general heading of khabaa’ith.

Scientific and medical research has also proven that the pig, among all other animals, is regarded as a carrier of germs that are harmful to the human body. Explaining all these harmful diseases in detail would take too long, but in brief we may list them as: parasitical diseases, bacterial diseases, viruses and so on.

These and other harmful effects indicate that the Wise Lawgiver has only forbidden pork for a reason, which is to preserve life and health, which are among the five basic necessities which are protected by sharee’ah.

==============================
So we must avoid all that which Allaah has forbidden, out of faith in His laws, in the hope of His reward and in fear of His punishment. We must also believe that Allaah does not forbid anything in Islamic sharee’ah except that which is harmful and corrupt, whether we understand this rationally or not, because He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And no, by your Lord, they can have no Faith, until they make you (O Muhammad) judge in all disputes between them, and find in themselves no resistance against your decisions, and accept (them) with full submission.” [al-Nisaa’ 4:65]

And Allaah knows best.

===================
<wasalam>

islamicfajr

Submitter

Great info brother. Here's some more about the medical factors:

MEDICAL ASPECT OF THE PROHIBITION

Abstention from eating pork is a measure to safeguard
health.Of all the domestic animals, pig is the most
avaricious, eating anything including human excreta. It is the
cradle of harmful germs and parasites. Its meat is carrier of
diseases to man, thus making it unfit for human consumption.

CHARACTER OF PIG
All types of animals are lawful to be eaten whether those
living on land or in the water except those animals specifically
forbidden in the Holy Writings revealed by the Almighty Creator
and the sayings of the Prophet with clear and well defined
injunctions.

Pig belong to the forbidden animals, and not allowed to be
eaten by the believers. Pig eats almost anything dirty and they
are very lazy animals. It is the most avaricious of all domestic
animals. Amongst all animals, pig is the cradle of harmful germs.
It's meat serves as carrier of diseases to mankind. It is this
very reason that made it unfit for human consumption consumption.

FAT IN PIGS
Pork contains more fats than other meats.
Therefore, people who are fond of pork are more obese than
others. Cholesterol is higher in their blood thus making them
more prone to asthereosclerosis cardiovascular accidents and
sudden death.

OTHER DISEASES
Flesh of the pork is hard to digest and may
lead to chronic digestive disturbances. Pimples, boils, cysts are
common in pork eaters. These are some of the parasites and
diseases found in pork and/ or the skin of pigs and certainly
there are many more. There is still no means of killing these
parasites, in the tissues, neither has anyone found a method of
expelling them, even produced any specific treatment for the
diseases.

:wasalam:

dna1987

Muslim Guy
Cos it tastes bad!! :SMILY26:

Lol jokes, I've never had pork :p

Pig meat in one word -> unclean

Back up description -> unclean, therefore unhealthy

Conclusion -> pig meat = bad = haram

q8penpals

What I don't understand is how some people call pigs "evil" to the point where the government schools in Kuwait do not even allow any children's books that MENTION the word pig.

Pigs are one of God's creations - there are other things we cannot eat (carnivores, for example) but no one seems to be so vilely against them. I don't understand this complete and utter disgust at one of God's creatures. Baby pigs are so cute, and pigs, although they cover themselves in mud similar to other animals with tender skin like hippos and elephants), will not eat around nor sleep in their feces unless there is no other choice (as in, their human keepers do not teat them properly and clean their pen as necessary). I was raised in farm country and they are definiately cleaner than chickens!

The ONLY reason I do not eat pork is because I became Muslim - my family eats pork regularly as I did prior to being a Muslim, so I do not have the same feelings as someone who was raised from birth to not want to eat pork.

Lana

Abdul Malik

Asalam alaikum warahmatulahi wabrkatuh,

'You are what you eat' as they say, dont know about you guys but i most certainly dont wanna be a pig.........YUCCCKKKKYYYYYY.

ALLAH guide us all to the haq.....ameen

dna1987

Muslim Guy
What I don't understand is how some people call pigs "evil" to the point where the government schools in Kuwait do not even allow any children's books that MENTION the word pig.

Pigs are one of God's creations - there are other things we cannot eat (carnivores, for example) but no one seems to be so vilely against them. I don't understand this complete and utter disgust at one of God's creatures. Baby pigs are so cute, and pigs, although they cover themselves in mud similar to other animals with tender skin like hippos and elephants), will not eat around nor sleep in their feces unless there is no other choice (as in, their human keepers do not teat them properly and clean their pen as necessary). I was raised in farm country and they are definiately cleaner than chickens!

The ONLY reason I do not eat pork is because I became Muslim - my family eats pork regularly as I did prior to being a Muslim, so I do not have the same feelings as someone who was raised from birth to not want to eat pork.

Lana

I was born a Muslim ... and I don't see a problem about READING about pigs. Or looking at their pictures. I think not allowing them in books is going a bit far.

However, touching a pig, I'd think twice to myself before I touch one... but then again, I feel the same way about touching a chicken or a cow..it's scary lol.

Ayep

The lowest form of scavenger

If we delve deeper into the meaning of the verses of the Quran and Bible,
and do some research about it, we will find scientific evidences regarding the dangers of pork eating. Remember the swine is the lowest form of scavenger which feeds on every filth that it finds- a living garbage truck! Why people are still eating garbage?

" Forbidden to you for (food) are: dead meat,
blood and the flesh of the swine
and that
which hath been invoked the name other than
Allah. "
Holy Qur'an 5:4

Such prohibition is also found in the Bible:

" The pig also because it is a splitter of the
hoof but there is no cud
. It is unclean for
you. None of their flesh must you eat and carcass
you must not touch. "

Deuteronomy 14:8 ( Bible)

By J. H. KELLOGG M.D.

Where Scrofula Comes From
The word scrofula is derived from the Latin scrofu, which means a sow. The ancient Romans evidently believed that scrofula originated with the hog, and hence they attached the name of the beast to the disease. Saying that a man has scrofula, then, is equivalent to saying that he has the hog disease. After we have seen that the hog is the very embodiment of scrofulous disease, can any one doubt the accuracy of the conclusion of the Romans who named the disease?

Origin of the Tapeworm

We shall attempt to trace the history of this horrid parasite only so far as concerns its introduction into the human system.

With this end in view, let us glance again at the diseased liver. It will be no uncommon thing if we discover numberless little sacs, or cysts, about the size of a hemp seed. These do not present a very formidable appearance, certainly; but as soon as they are taken into the human stomach, the gastric juice dissolves off the membranous sac, and liberates a minute animal, which had been lurking there for months, perhaps, awaiting this very opportunity. This creature, although very small, is furnished with a head and four suckers, attach themselves firmly to the wall of the intestine, and the parasite begins to grow. In a short time an addition to its body is produced posteriorly, attached like a joint. Soon a duplicate of this appears, and then another, and another, until the body attains a length of several yards. Not infrequently tapeworms measuring thirty to one hundred feet in length are found in the intestines of human beings.

Under some circumstances the eggs of the tapeworm find entrance into the body, when the disease is developed in another form. The embryonic worms consist of a pair of hooklets so shaped that a twisting motion will cause them to penetrate the tissues after the fashion of a corkscrew. Countless numbers of these may be taken into the system, since a single tapeworm has been found to produce more than two million eggs. By the boring motion referred to, which seems to be spontaneous in the young worm, the parasites penetrate into every part of the body. Penetrating the walls of the blood vessels, they are swept along in the life-current, thus finding their way even to the most delicate structures of the human system. They have been found in all the organs of the body, even the brain and the delicate organs of vision not escaping the depredations of this destructive parasite.

When this lively migrating germ gets fully settled in the tissues, it becomes enveloped in a little cell, and remains quiet until taken into the stomach of some other animal, when it is liberated, and speedily develops into a full-grown tapeworm, as already described. But although quiet, the imprisoned parasite is by no means harmless. The cysts formed often attain such a size as to endanger life. When developed in the eye, they occasion blindness; in the lungs or other organs, they interfere with the proper functions of the organs; in the liver, which is the frequent rendezvous of these destructive creatures, a most serious and fatal disease known as hydatids is occasioned by the extraordinary development of the cysts, which are originally not larger than a pea, but by excessive growth assume enormous proportions. The same disease may occur in any other part of the body in which the germs undergo development.

The germs of these dreadful animals are found not only in the liver, but in other organs as well. Pork containing them is said to be "measly." Sometimes the condition is discovered; but that such is not always the case is evidenced by the fact that tapeworm is every year becoming more frequent. It has long been common in Germany. In Iceland it has become extremely common. In Abyssinia the occurrence of the worm has become so frequent, owing to the bad dietetic habits of the people, that it has been said that every Abyssinian has a tapeworm. In this country the parasite is most common among butchers and cooks.

Some time since, we received from a friend in the South a specimen of pork which was so densely peopled with the germs of this dreadful parasite that every cubic inch of flesh contained more than a score of them. The writer has in his microscopical cabinet specimens of the embryonic worms taken from hydatid tumors of the liver of a patient who died of the disease in Bellevue Hospital, New York.

The poor victim who is forced to entertain this unwelcome guest suffers untold agonies, and finally dies, if he cannot succeed in dislodging the parasite.

The Terrible Trichina

Now, my friend, assist your eyesight by a good microscope, and you will be convinced that you have only just caught a glimpse of the enormous filthiness, the inherent badness, and the intrinsic ugliness of this loathsome animal. Take a thin slice of lean flesh; place it upon the stage of your microscope, adjust the eyepiece, and look. You will see displayed before your eyes hundreds of voracious little animals, each coiled up in its little cell, waiting for an opportunity to escape from its prison walls and begin its destined work of devastation.

An eminent gentleman in Louisville has made very extensive researches upon the subject, and asserts that in at least one hog out of every ten these creatures may be found. A committee appointed by the Chicago Academy of Medicine to investigate this subject reported that they found in their examinations at the various packing-houses in the city, one hog in fifty infested with trichina. Other investigations have shown a still greater frequency of the disease.

A few years ago I obtained a small portion of the flesh of a person who had died from trichina poisoning. Upon subjecting it to a careful microscopical examination with a good instrument, I discovered multitudes of little worms. Each individual presented the appearance shown in the accompanying accurate engraving. The animal is there seen enclosed in a little cyst, or sac, which is dissolved by the gastric juice when taken into the stomach. The parasite, being thus set at liberty, immediately penetrates the thin muscular walls of the stomach, and gradually works its way through the whole muscular system. It possesses the power of propagating its species with wonderful rapidity; and a person once infected is almost certain to die a lingering death of excruciating agony.

In Helmstadt, Prussia, one hundred and three persons were poisoned in this way, and twenty of them died within a month.

It is doubtless not known how many deaths are really due to this cause; for many persons die of strange, unknown diseases, which baffle the doctors’ skill both as to cure and diagnosis. Trichinosis very much resembles various other diseases in some of its stages, and is likely to be attributed to other than its true cause. It is thought by prominent medical men that hundreds of people die of the disease without suspecting its true nature.

Article Source:http://www.giveshare.org/Health/porkeatdanger.html

Karima

Alhamdullillah!

Thank you for this forum about pork. Not eating pork is to help us be clean with the foods that Allah has provided for us. Pork is also not allowed in the Jewish community, as well.

Explaining the drawbacks from eating pork should make it easy for those who still find it ok to eat...and think twice before eating pork, again.

There are reasons for us that help us to be healthy, as directed in the Qur'an.

Thank you, Islamacfajr, for submitting this forum...and for Mabsoot to have this site for all of us to learn from each day.

q8penpals

"Explaining the drawbacks from eating pork should make it easy for those who still find it ok to eat...and think twice before eating pork, again."

Isn't it interesting though that there are tons of health problems from smoking (on the person themself AND everyone around them) but people still smoke? Guess you can't rely on everyone doing everything that is good for them, no matter what it is! :)

Lana

Submitter

"Explaining the drawbacks from eating pork should make it easy for those who still find it ok to eat...and think twice before eating pork, again."

Isn't it interesting though that there are tons of health problems from smoking (on the person themself AND everyone around them) but people still smoke? Guess you can't rely on everyone doing everything that is good for them, no matter what it is! :)

Lana

Quitting pork is probably a little easier than quitting smoking :) But I agree with you, you can't rely on everyone doing 100% good and no bad. Personally, I don't eat pork because:

1. It is forbidden in Islam
2. Of the negative effects it has on your health
3. I simply find it a disgusting animal (don't ask why!)

I don't smoke because:

3. I simply find cigarette smoke disgusting

Hey look, the same reasons! And the same goes for alcohol too.

dido70

Lana
I'm sorry i don't agree with you at all that pork's baby is cute
they are all disgusting however , you may say that you've known some people who have eaten pork and fond of pork meat all their life and they haven't had any bad effect i'm with you in this point but for me i just say to any one just have a look pork's face and that will be enough why that ugly face is forbidden neverthless it's God's creature and remember that snake is God's creature too and that doesn't mean that we should love it .

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
gazakum Allah khyran Bothers / Submitter & Ayep

Great info brother. Here's some more about the medical factors:

MEDICAL ASPECT OF THE PROHIBITION

Abstention from eating pork is a measure to safeguard
health.Of all the domestic animals, pig is the most
avaricious, eating anything including human excreta. It is the
cradle of harmful germs and parasites. Its meat is carrier of
diseases to man, thus making it unfit for human consumption.

CHARACTER OF PIG
All types of animals are lawful to be eaten whether those
living on land or in the water except those animals specifically
forbidden in the Holy Writings revealed by the Almighty Creator
and the sayings of the Prophet with clear and well defined
injunctions.

Pig belong to the forbidden animals, and not allowed to be
eaten by the believers. Pig eats almost anything dirty and they
are very lazy animals. It is the most avaricious of all domestic
animals. Amongst all animals, pig is the cradle of harmful germs.
It's meat serves as carrier of diseases to mankind. It is this
very reason that made it unfit for human consumption consumption.

FAT IN PIGS
Pork contains more fats than other meats.
Therefore, people who are fond of pork are more obese than
others. Cholesterol is higher in their blood thus making them
more prone to asthereosclerosis cardiovascular accidents and
sudden death.

OTHER DISEASES
Flesh of the pork is hard to digest and may
lead to chronic digestive disturbances. Pimples, boils, cysts are
common in pork eaters. These are some of the parasites and
diseases found in pork and/ or the skin of pigs and certainly
there are many more. There is still no means of killing these
parasites, in the tissues, neither has anyone found a method of
expelling them, even produced any specific treatment for the
diseases.

If we delve deeper into the meaning of the verses of the Quran and Bible,
and do some research about it, we will find scientific evidences regarding the dangers of pork eating. Remember the swine is the lowest form of scavenger which feeds on every filth that it finds- a living garbage truck! Why people are still eating garbage?

" Forbidden to you for (food) are: dead meat,
blood and the flesh of the swine and that
which hath been invoked the name other than
Allah. "
Holy Qur'an 5:4

===========
Dear Brother, what noble brother ur..:ma: gazakum Allah khyran 4 ur sharing..

<wasalam>

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
Cos it tastes bad!! :SMILY26:

Lol jokes, I've never had pork :p

Pig meat in one word -> unclean

Back up description -> unclean, therefore unhealthy

Conclusion -> pig meat = bad = haram

Asalam alaikum warahmatulahi wabrkatuh,

'You are what you eat' as they say, dont know about you guys but i most certainly dont wanna be a pig.........YUCCCKKKKYYYYYY.

ALLAH guide us all to the haq.....ameen

Quitting pork is probably a little easier than quitting smoking :) But I agree with you, you can't rely on everyone doing 100% good and no bad. Personally, I don't eat pork because:

3. I simply find it a disgusting animal (don't ask why!)

I don't smoke because:

3. I simply find cigarette smoke disgusting

Hey look, the same reasons! And the same goes for alcohol too.

i think brother / Submitter

reply good reply but just wanna thanks him.:ma:

<wasalam>

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
As-salam alaykum

Alhamdullillah!

Thank you for this forum about pork. Not eating pork is to help us be clean with the foods that Allah has provided for us. Pork is also not allowed in the Jewish community, as well.

Explaining the drawbacks from eating pork should make it easy for those who still find it ok to eat...and think twice before eating pork, again.

There are reasons for us that help us to be healthy, as directed in the Qur'an.

Thank you, Islamacfajr, for submitting this forum...and for Mabsoot to have this site for all of us to learn from each day.

gazakum allah khyran 4 ur nice passing..

May Allah direct All us to the right path and May Allah reward All us paradise and All us meet there..

<wasalam>

islamicfajr

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
Salam Alaykum..

Lana

Lana
I'm sorry i don't agree with you at all that pork's baby is cute
they are all disgusting however , you may say that you've known some people who have eaten pork and fond of pork meat all their life and they haven't had any bad effect i'm with you in this point but for me i just say to any one just have a look pork's face and that will be enough why that ugly face is forbidden neverthless it's God's creature and remember that snake is God's creature too and that doesn't mean that we should love it .

Sisters & Brothers..

When Allaah, may He be exalted, and His Messenger :saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) enjoin something, it is obligatory for the Muslim to say, “We hear and we obey,” and to hasten to carry out what has been enjoined upon him. This is what is required by faith in Allaah.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allaah and His Messenger have decreed a matter that they should have any option in their decision. And whoever disobeys Allaah and His Messenger, he has indeed strayed into a plain error”
[al-Ahzaab 33:36]

Shaykh ‘Abd al-Rahmaan al-Sa’di (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:
It is not for a believer, man or woman means: it is not appropriate or befitting for the one who is described as a believer to do anything other than to hasten to please Allaah and His Messenger, and to flee from incurring the wrath of Allaah and His Messenger, and to obey their commands, and to avoid that which they have prohibited. It is not appropriate for a believing man or a believing woman when Allaah and His Messenger have decreed a matter and enjoined it, that they should have any option in their decision. They do not have the choice of whether to do it or not, rather the believing man and the believing woman know that the Messenger is dearer to them then their own selves, so they should not let their own whims and desires form a barrier between them and obeying the command of Allaah and His Messenger.

And whoever disobeys Allaah and His Messenger, he has indeed strayed into a plain error means, an obvious error, because he has forsaken the Straight Path which leads to the reward of Allaah, and has strayed to another path which leads to a painful torment. So Allaah mentions first the reason for not going against the command of Allaah and His Messenger, which is faith, then He mentions the deterrent for that, which is fear of going astray, which leads to punishment and humiliation. End quote.

Tafseer al-Sa’di, p. 612.

The Messenger :saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us that the one who disobeys him is the one who does not want to enter Paradise! Al-Bukhaari (7280) narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah :saw:(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “All of my ummah will enter Paradise except those who refuse.” They said: “O Messenger of Allaah, who would refuse?” He said: “Whoever obeys me will enter Paradise and whoever disobeys me has refused.”

=========================

Pork is forbidden in Islam according to the text of the Qur’aan,
where Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“He has forbidden you only the Maytah (dead animals), and blood, and the flesh of swine…”[al-Baqarah 2:173]

then we Must say that:

"We hear and we obey,”

<wasalam>

yasmin623

The health effect of pork is not significant...

I am always facing problems explaining to people around me including my family, my teachers of why Islam make pork haram. The health effect that stated in the threads above are obviously not significant in my own country and also in Japan where I am staying now. Pig is not always dirty if they are kept in a proper way as in Japan here. I even came across with a muslim friend that asked why Islam forbid prok as the Japanese eat pork a lot but they are among the most healthy and long life people...I really do not know how to answer...:confused:

rguyah

Yasmin - Pork...

Before I reverted to Islam I was a pork eating Christian. I enjoyed pork. For those of you whom never ate it, it does taste good. That would be a reason for so many to eat it. It is also the cheapest of the meats... But, when I read in the Old Testament (pointed out by a Muslim) that pork was banned, I immediately stopped eating. That was the Book of Leviticus where I read it... there are other places of course as I paste below... It is clear for Hebrews (Jews), Christians, & Muslims to not eat of the swine. It is written... but Christians will say that Jesus abolished those laws of Leviticus and others of the Old Testament so they can eat pork. But woe to them because Jesus said to his followers and the people that he came to remind them of the laws, not to abolish or to change them.

Leviticus 11:7 And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you.
Deuteronomy 14:8 And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you: ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcase.
Proverbs 11:22 As a jewel of gold in a swine's snout, so is a fair woman which is without discretion.
Isaiah 65:4 Which remain among the graves, and lodge in the monuments, which eat swine's flesh, and broth of abominable things is in their vessels;
Isaiah 66:3 He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, as if he cut off a dog's neck; he that offereth an oblation, as if he offered swine's blood; he that burneth incense, as if he blessed an idol. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations.
Isaiah 66:17 They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the LORD.
Matthew 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.
Matthew 8:30 And there was a good way off from them an herd of many swine feeding.
Matthew 8:31 So the devils besought him, saying, If thou cast us out, suffer us to go away into the herd of swine.
Matthew 8:32 And he said unto them, Go. And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine: and, behold, the whole herd of swine ran violently down a steep place into the sea, and perished in the waters.
Mark 5:11 Now there was there nigh unto the mountains a great herd of swine feeding.
Mark 5:12 And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them.
Mark 5:13 And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand;) and were choked in the sea.
Mark 5:14 And they that fed the swine fled, and told it in the city, and in the country. And they went out to see what it was that was done.
Mark 5:16 And they that saw it told them how it befell to him that was possessed with the devil, and also concerning the swine.
Luke 8:32 And there was there an herd of many swine feeding on the mountain: and they besought him that he would suffer them to enter into them. And he suffered them.
Luke 8:33 Then went the devils out of the man, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the lake, and were choked.
Luke 15:15 And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.
Luke 15:16 And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him

west

The prohibition on pork is for one reason and that is a health issue. Pihs have many worms within their bodies and their flesh...tjis can cause harm to humans when ingested.

Status
Not open for further replies.