A great danger , please helpe !!

m.amin

please help! I beg you all

Assalamu Alaikum

Dear brothers and sisters, I am a convert.My previous name was Joel.I was in love with Jesus Christ so much , but I found The real jesus in Islam , so I became muslim. I started to study the Islamic sources and shortly after that I bumped into a series of Hadith that realy made me confused, and made the job difficult for me !
There was a Hadith that repeated over and over again in the valid and famous books. It is narrated from Prophet Muhammad Salallahu Alaihi Wa’sallam that :

The Omah of Moses (Jewish)devided after him into 71 branches one of them went to heaven and the others to hell !about the the same, Omah of Jesus , 72 groups , only one of them went to heaven ! and I swear to Allah that my soul is in his hand my Omah
will be In the same situation , they will be 73 different groups and minorities (translation of Ferghah) , only one of them is a real muslim group and the others are in the hel !!!![1]

When I read this Hadith ,realy I felt uncomfortable,I got afraid! I said to myself :I should find this branch . seemingly these branches should have major
differences in their beliefs and behaviors, because the minor
things can nat lead to hell.something else, that is obvious :no one says my path is wrong!

The first part of the Hadith seemed very logic to me , because after Jesus, some of his companions said he is the son of God , others :he is the God and so on . And we have in a Sahih Hadith(a valid one)that prophet said:what happened in previous Omahs it will happen in my Omah , too. Even if they went in a hole of an animal you will go too!![2]

Long stiry short , this single matter made me go from one Shaikh to other, from this book to that book and from this website to another . And TTI is my recent hope.
O ! brothers and sisters please help me , I beg you all !
Maybe you can not believe that there is no single night I can sleep comfortably .Every time I say to myself that : if you die tomorrow ,and in the judgment day prophet will ask you : "did you notice my word ? did you find the real Islam ?" what would be my answer ? please don’t forget your brother .

Vassalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

1-Mosnad ahmad al-emam ahmad –ene hanbal,volume2,page 332
-sonan ebne maje , volame 2,page 1322
-sonan abi davud , volume 2,page 390
-sonan Termazi ,volume 2, page 134

2-Bukhari-sahih-volume4.page 144

shahsanober

assalamualikum

first of all welcome to islam. secondly dont go soooooooooooo fast.Step by step bcz there r lot of things u have to learn so what u want to do u want to become a true muslim in one day.Give it some time and please dont go so deep. first of all learn the basic thing e.g about praying etc. If u went like this believe me u will go mad, i'm not joking so please give it some time.Dont think u r doing something wrong and Allah knows u r trying and i'll make dua for u.

Wasalam

Navid103

As-salamalikum

Welcome to Islam Brother. I would suggest the same as shah. I would like to tell u that after the last prophet(S.A.W) v hav still a source of guidance that is the Holy Koran. So first of all use the KORAN as the criteria of weightin the beleifs of different sects. And if u follow the koran to the word there is no reason that ALLAH(SWT) will not bless u with heaven. Coz its mentioned in a hadith that if someone follows the Quran, the Quran ill fight for him and wont let the follower to b burned in hell. So surely the one sect will b that which assess every thing in the light of Koran. ALLAH (SWT) provides guidence, He led u to the true path and he will guide u further.Dont worry that much, ALLAH(SWT) is Rehman And Rahim.May ALLAH (SWT) bless us. Hope this might help.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum warahmatullaahi wabarakaatuh.

The ahaadeeth you mentioned are well known. When being asked about the saved sect, what was the Messenger's sal-Allaahu `alayhi wasallam reply? He replied in one narration, "it is the jamaa`ah" and in another narration, "that which I and my companions are upon today". So whoever is upon what the Messenger sal-Allaahu `alayhi wasallam and his Compaions were upon, they are following the way of the saved-sect.

Many books have been written, clarifying the characteristics of the saved-sect. One famous title is "Methodology of the saved-sect". It is well worth a read, and parts of it can be found here. To sum up, we adhere to the Qur'aan and Sunnah, with the understanding of the pious-predecessors (Salaf us-Saalih) who are the early Muslim generations; the companions being at the head of them, then those who followed them, then those who followed them. I hope some of the other users can explain the matter better than me, as I have some time constraints as of now.

mahermaa

Assalamu Alaikum

Dear brothers and sisters, I am a convert.My previous name was Joel.I was in love with Jesus Christ so much , but I found The real jesus in Islam , so I became muslim. I started to study the Islamic sources and shortly after that I bumped into a series of Hadith that realy made me confused, and made the job difficult for me !
There was a Hadith that repeated over and over again in the valid and famous books. It is narrated from Prophet Muhammad Salallahu Alaihi Wa’sallam that :

The Omah of Moses (Jewish)devided after him into 71 branches one of them went to heaven and the others to hell !about the the same, Omah of Jesus , 72 groups , only one of them went to heaven ! and I swear to Allah that my soul is in his hand my Omah
will be In the same situation , they will be 73 different groups and minorities (translation of Ferghah) , only one of them is a real muslim group and the others are in the hel !!!![1]

When I read this Hadith ,realy I felt uncomfortable,I got afraid! I said to myself :I should find this branch . seemingly these branches should have major
differences in their beliefs and behaviors, because the minor
things can nat lead to hell.something else, that is obvious :no one says my path is wrong!

The first part of the Hadith seemed very logic to me , because after Jesus, some of his companions said he is the son of God , others :he is the God and so on . And we have in a Sahih Hadith(a valid one)that prophet said:what happened in previous Omahs it will happen in my Omah , too. Even if they went in a hole of an animal you will go too!![2]

Long stiry short , this single matter made me go from one Shaikh to other, from this book to that book and from this website to another . And TTI is my recent hope.
O ! brothers and sisters please help me , I beg you all !
Maybe you can not believe that there is no single night I can sleep comfortably .Every time I say to myself that : if you die tomorrow ,and in the judgment day prophet will ask you : "did you notice my word ? did you find the real Islam ?" what would be my answer ? please don’t forget your brother .

Vassalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

1-Mosnad ahmad al-emam ahmad –ene hanbal,volume2,page 332
-sonan ebne maje , volame 2,page 1322
-sonan abi davud , volume 2,page 390
-sonan Termazi ,volume 2, page 134

2-Bukhari-sahih-volume4.page 144
Please see this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF8joJaOVJw

Salam

muna

ابنة الاسلام
Wa alaikum salam warhmatuAllah wabaraktuh
Bro i'm so glad that u found the truth n mashaALlah Allah loves u bro the fact that he guided u in his path. i’d n’t add much as the brothers said almost everyting ..as one of the brothers said the Quran is everything learn as much as u can from it n follow it) Allah SW said in his Quran "But those who believe and work deeds of righteousness, and believe in the (Revelation) sent down to Muhammad-for it is the Truth from their Lord― He will remove from them their ills and improve their condition. 2:47 and in the resurrection day the quran is ur helper..inshaAllah I’ll make u dua that Allah bless u n increase u knowledge” wasalm AWW

http://www.quranexplorer.com/

Rosheen

Sister in Islam
I am really taking a shot in the dark here as i am really new to Islam but I am guessing surely if you follow the Sunnah and read the Koran and follow Allah's decree then that surely is the real Islam??? I think if you start following paths such as Sufis and don't stick purely to the Koran.....maybe this is what the surah means?

If anyone can answer this it would be good to know :)

Marwa17

assalamu alikum,
(i've heard that hadith on several occassions and this is the way i've always thought it should be interpreted...please correct me if i'm wrong)
yes, i agree with rosheen (i wanna say sister but i'm afraid of being totally wrong :shymuslima1:
so, ya
basically, the one true islam is sunni islam (that's not to say all ppl who claim to be sunni muslims will be going to heaven; since of course shirk is "a black ant on a black stone in a dark night" (hadith...))

so the sects have been taken to refer to like: shiite, sufi, etc (there's actually tons if you look deeply into it, even if those are the famous two)
and the prophet has told us that he has left us the qu'ran and sunnah and if we follow it we shall never go astray (it's an authentic hadeeth...dont' know the exact quote right now...sorry)

so basically, just turn to those...the prophet (saaw) didn't NAME a sect that was right...he didn't to say oh, sunni islams are the ones going to heaven
b/c these sects didn't exist until after the prophet's time (saaw)

but sunni islam is the islam that was followed during the prophet's time
(at least how the term is used today...

i don't know if anyone else has a problem with it...but i've always hated how many people you ask them their religion and they say sunni...
w/e happened to MUSLIM?!?!?!?!?!
it's sad...
shiites don't deserve to be called shiites muslims in my book, since they're not as far as i'm concerned...
(canada has a big/large shiite community and i've only recently realized all this...culture shock i guess)

hope this helps!!!

salam

A

aynur7

Don't believe in everything u read.Allah is absolute JUST.Don't worry so much.Inshallah Allah leads u 2 the truth. base on logics.

bintul islam

biz musulmanikh
Oh brother, I feel for you and Im so happy for you. Congrats a ton on accepting Islam, you will realise its the best decision you ever made.
Mate, we all have those times when we bump into something that seemingly doesn't make sense. My advice is not to dwell on it, inshala Allah will grant you its understanding when the time is right. There are heaps of examples of pious people coming to the realisation about certain matters after yrs of struggle. Don't worry, focus on the bigger picture. Allah sw will not forsake you, you have come to Him in search of the truth, Im sure you're an excellent person as well. Keep up the quest for knowledge, and may Allah sw make it easy for you. Remember every stuggle, worry, pain, saddness etc is a means of purifying our sins.

Revertee

As'Salaam Alaikum Brother,

First I would like Thank Allah(SWT) for giving you guidance to the Right and True path,

Coming to your post,
Eventhough Allah(swt) not divided the Musilm Ummah into sects, but people among themselves will divide into 73 sects, but only one sect will enter into paradise.
The one sect is, the people who follows the Commandments of Allah(SWT) and Prophet Mohammed(PBUH).

If you see borther some muslims are very close to Islam, where some people are far and some people follow some commandments and not some,

Allah(SWT) if he wills he might forgive whatever the sins we have done except shirk. Mash'Allah Now you are out of the Shirk.

So try to follow the Commandments Allah(SWT) and Prohet Mohammad(PBUH) in the Sight of Qur'an and Saheeh Hadeeds.

As it is mentioned in the Glorious Qur'an our belief should be like "We hear, We Obey" without any second thought.

Allah(SWT) may grant permission to enter into the Heaven to all the right follower- Insh'Allah

Bcoz , Allah(SWT) says in Holy Qur'an Sura Nisa 4: Aayat 40
Allah is never unjust in the least degree: If there is any good (done), He doubleth it, and giveth from His own presence a great reward.

Jazak'Allah Khair

Rosheen

Sister in Islam
good question.

i will ask my islamic teacher. God knows how bored i am with those every common things that he broght every week

will post the answer, Insya Allah

welcome to the site....Insha Allah you will find lots of topics here to take to your Islamic teacher and give us info :)