please help me!I am having trouble!

more2life

Ok, first i must say this striaght forward...I am christian,but
lately in my life i have been feeling very empty or like something is missing in my life, something unexplainable.
Recently i have been looking into becoming muslim, convertin to Islam. This is very hard you know because i was raised in a Christian family, and to convert..i just need all the help i can get to teach me about!Its soo hard... i dont get along with my family very well..i notice my family has different beliefs than me...for example like the hijab..even though i was raised christian i still always thought it is good to wear hijab..to be modest and to cover...one day i went to school wearing one to see what people would say, to cover myself to show modesty..everything went well that first day...so i went to school wearing hijab 21 days!! yes 21 days sneaking out the house so my mother would not see me! Since my family is christian they would think that it is embarresing for them to see me wear one!
well...this morning...my mother saw me sneak out the house wearing hijab...she stopped me and said to me to take it off!You are not muslim!:angryred: This really offended me...because i think i should have my own choice !
Even i think that it is not only muslims should be modest i think all women should cover!
well now i feel very left out my family....i really want to learn about islam and how to become muslim and continue to wear hijab....
but my family...:frown:....someone please tell me what i should do...

croatian/jewconv

slave_of_Allah
as a convert to islam i know what you mean....its very hard
all i can suggest is pray to Allaah(swt)
He is more powerful then any of us and is the only true one who can help you
may Allaah(swt) give you strength and victory

Joanna-Aisha

Salam alykoum! That's very hard situation. I understand you. Firstly, it's good to read the Holy Quran and watch some videos with converted people. Read, read, read, watch, watch, watch, and talk with people, ask them questions..especially here, and in Mosque....I think it's better to have professional help and somebody to talk face to face....

Coming back to your Hijab:) MashaAllah. You are very brave and I think Allah(swt) put much power into you....I totally agree with you about wearing Hijab or modest clothes even if you are not Muslim...And I think you need to talk with your Mom about it now. In honest way..tell Her what you know and what you think...It's very important, so being open helps much! My Mom was crying when I told Her that I'm interested in islam...So I can imagine how she's gonna behave when she knows I am a Muslim, adn I wanna wear Hijab and marry good Muslim man! Actually she tries to convince me that one Christian man is suitable for me.....

You know, we all people (Christians, Muslims, Jews) and poeple from other religions have problems...But when such feelings come to you, it means Allah(swt) is giving you a sign....Don;t waste it.Just open your heart and mind, and mouth:) in shaaAllah!

Take care!!!!Sister!

maa el salama

more2life

Thankyou very much for your help..i know its going to be really hard but in the end it is all worth it.Its just still kinda hard when my mother always uses the quote" When you live in my house you live under my rules"((

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
:salam2: Sister :hearts:
Allhamdulilha that Allah has put the urge into your heart to accept Islam, I hope it is made easy for you.
Main thing do lots and lots of dua's to Allah. :tti_sister:
Meaning supplicate to God to help you, inshallah Allah will help you.
There is no might and power over His.

croatian/jewconv

slave_of_Allah
When you live in my house you live under my rules"((

thats exaltly what my granmother yelled at me

she said to me once in her european accent " I dont vant muslim in house, i vant good christian boy"

lol

oooh my lord is it hard, especially when everyone else is eating and your the only one fasting during ramadhaan
but inshallaah well get through it

user expired!

peace to all !!,

Yes but when u step out of the house u are not under her roof any more!
just a joke,
be very patient and Inshallah you will find the truth!

abou haytam

Salam alykoum! That's very hard situation. I understand you. Firstly, it's good to read the Holy Quran and watch some videos with converted people. Read, read, read, watch, watch, watch, and talk with people, ask them questions..especially here, and in Mosque....I think it's better to have professional help and somebody to talk face to face....

Coming back to your Hijab:) MashaAllah. You are very brave and I think Allah(swt) put much power into you....I totally agree with you about wearing Hijab or modest clothes even if you are not Muslim...And I think you need to talk with your Mom about it now. In honest way..tell Her what you know and what you think...It's very important, so being open helps much! My Mom was crying when I told Her that I'm interested in islam...So I can imagine how she's gonna behave when she knows I am a Muslim, adn I wanna wear Hijab and marry good Muslim man! Actually she tries to convince me that one Christian man is suitable for me.....

You know, we all people (Christians, Muslims, Jews) and poeple from other religions have problems...But when such feelings come to you, it means Allah(swt) is giving you a sign....Don;t waste it.Just open your heart and mind, and mouth:) in shaaAllah!

Take care!!!!Sister!

maa el salama

peace to you,

I see in your profile you are 14 years old?? is it true?? just cureous, because at this age many born muslim don t even know if they muslim or not. May allah guide you. don t hesitate to ask your questions.

You can start reading Qoran online.

http://www.quranflash.com/

http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/

bintul islam

biz musulmanikh
:salam2:
Wow sister, I congratulate you on being so open minded. All praise belongs t God for making me a Muslim from birth. When I was in my early teens, while everyone was into experimenting with the opposite gender, I was actually studying different religions. Teachers thought I was crazy, I used to go at lunch times, after school, before school etc etc to read about religions. I didn't want to be a muslim simply because my parents were muslims. I studied other religions and these are the things that I thought:
1-A god (Christianity) who died for my sins? thats not the religion for me
2-A god (Hindu) who is an elephant, rat, frog? ..thats not the religion for me
3-A god (Buddha, Krishna) who once ate and went to the toilet? Thats not the religion for me
4-A god (sun, moon, stars) who will one day pass away? Thats not the religion for me.

Im telling you sis, it wasnt easy, the more I studied, the more confused I got, every religion was claiming to be the correct one. I knew there is only one god...slowly I turned back to studying Islam. And once I started, I didn't stop. It's addictive I tell ya, the more you know, the more you realise there is to know.
I thank Allah sw every day for making me a muslim, I am a muslim upon evidence, upon insight and upon belief. I have believed, if I see the greatest sign it will add naught to my faith, if I am tested by the greatest trial, it will deminish naught from my iman, I HAVE BELIEVED IN ISLAM.

Sister, sorry this is taking forever, but i really want to encourage you to get educated in the field of Islam and science. I know you are young and I fear for you, but please be steadfast, prostrate to Allah sw at night and ask Him to guide you. Islam is common sense, Islam is a way of life.

If you need anything, plz feel free to drop a line, marshallah the people at TTI are awesome or you can even Pm me privately, I would love to help you. I love you for the sake of Allah sis and plz keep up the quest for knowledge.
:salam2:

salahaldeen

Al-SSalamu Alaicome Warahmatu AllaH Wa Barkatohu

First of all I'd like to ask you a kwestion .

When you came to this life waere you alone ?

If the ansuer was yes and that what I think , so it's very imortant to

remined us about the leeving day when we'r going back to Allah (S.W.T)

100% we will be alone so if I was amuslem or uther I will be lonly faceing

the cwistion ( Do I heard about mohammed (S.A.A.W.A.W.S.W.S)

or about Islam ?) .

And the anser should be from me only so my family wont hep or my dears

no body just me who should anser the couestio , and if you new about

Islam and Allah(S.W.T) opend your haert to be amuslem so you must tel the

other about Islam and you got in your haert .

And by the waye ouer prophet MOHAMMED (S.A.A.W.A.A.W.S.W.S)

was the last prophet and becouse of that his duty transfierd to all muslems

to inform about Islam .

Remark : I'm sory becouse of my langwige is week and I prefair to use my

Arabick languige if it is posseble !

Rana Sabir Ali

Dear sister
This is your mslim brother.I must say that u must enter in the circule of islam and i assure u after this bold decisiion u will get a spitual satisfaction in the life before death
go to the heaven after death.
I am living in my little home with my wife mother and Muhammad Abdullah Ghazi(My 5 Month Son)in Pakistan.My doors are open for u.
And kep it in ur mind That Allah will be with u after ur great decission.
Dont hazitate to contect me at ranasabirali*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!
Allah Ap ko Apnay Hifzo Eman main Rakhay
Wasalam
Rana Sabir Ali

more2life

Thankyou all for your support! This really helps me alot! I am very happy that i have posted this because i dont have many muslim friends, and it would be good for me to have to help me through this..

khadeejaq8

salam alaikum

I realy hope that your parents will understand your new way of life and support you in it. I will ask Allah to make it easy for you! Inshallah he will guide you to stay on the truth path.
Remember we should honor our parents and listen to them, specially the mothers. When our Prophet Mohammad (saws) was asked who has the most rights upon one, he answered three times: your mother!
Inshallah Allah(swt) will open your parents hearts for Islam! My mother converted together with me :)

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
I pray that Allaah directs you that which is good for you, Islaam. If you wish to learn more about the religion, then take a look at the Islamic article forums. If you want to understand the very basics of Islaam, take a look at

http://www.spubs.com/sps/sp_nm.cfm
http://islaam.ca/

Both sites have some nice introductory material on Islaam if you wish to read further. If you need any further assistance then we will help to the best of our abilities inshaa' Allaah (god-willing).

ummyaqubi

first things first

Hello sister, this is going to be a great challenge for you, but you have to keep in mind that must of the people that we deal with are far away from belief in god. Also, the fact that the media is putting such a negative spin to islam doesn't help either, and I think that its pretty safe to say, with over 90% of of our population here in the usa, stats my be slightly lower for the uk, watching a estimated 5 hours of tv a day, that most of our views are formed by the slanted media. So dealing with your family will take time. Be patient with them. Constantly try to educated them about the truth of islam.You though, must understand that islam is the greatest gift that a human being could receive from the creator of all the worlds. There are many ways (religions) of life parading around promoting themselves as monothiest ways of life. Some of these ways say the creator has a son and some bash the prophets. Islam, which means total submission to the will of the creator, is the only true way of life. It calls strictly to the worship of one god. this is the foundation of islam.We dont worship the tree,grass ,cars ,homes or anything created. We worship the creator of all things and that creator alone. the creator doesnt share the worship it is the creators alone. the creator is one not 2 ,3 ,4.
just one.This is what you must plant firmly inside you heart. It is mandatory that humans beleive this. Unfortunitly, most dont do this. the next thing is that we beleive that muhammed (saw) was the last prophet in a long line of prophets that said the same thing that their is only one god,alone. so keep these two things firmly rooted in you heart and start reading beginning information about Islam and god willing you will be just fine.

Inshallah

Its just still kinda hard when my mother always uses the quote" When you live in my house you live under my rules"((

She has a point if you are a minor, or have not yet reached the "legal age" where you are. You may still be under her custody.

I was previously a christian, until I explored Islam & realized that I didn't believe in the christian ideology.

You should sit down & calmly explain to her how you feel. Explain why you feel the way you do.

Mention to her that only 3.5 out of 10 people in the world are christians. IOW, the majority of the world's population DOES NOT agree with her religious beliefs.

Ask her if she felt different, wouldn't she want her mother to respect her feelings?

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
I would like to greet you with Islamic greetings..
ASSALAMUALAIKUM WA REHMATULLAHI WA BARAKATUHU
May peace blessings and mercy of Allah be with you.:salah:
Sister I would like to post a short prose in here
It takes courage to answer a call.
It takes courage to give your all.
It takes courage to risk your name.
It takes courage to be true!!
Alhamdulillah sister Allah has chosen you for this religion of Islam.
You are so lucky Alhamdulillah!
Dont let go of this.
Whenever you feel low recite this Hasbunallaha Wa Nimal Wakeel, Ni'mal Mawla Wa Ni'mal Naseer
which means
Sufficient for me is Allah, as my Advocate, as my Protector and as my Helper.
Then feel these words inside you .
InshaAllah you will feel strength of Allah being with you.
Fear nothing when Allah is by your side who can harm you?!
Moreover we are there to help you InshaAllah,feel free to tell us!