new member from turkey

Superman_mb

es selamu aleykum

I was born a Moslem elhamdulillah. I always been happy when I see people who impressed from İslam and converted. That is a fabulous episode for me. When you feel the feeling of other person cross the street that you felt he is coming to your side or way and he/she doesn't know yet but he shows it with his sign language and energy which spreads all over and you feel it with your heart and sixth sense perhaps! Allah is great and He wishes to turn some to hidayeth (right way, happiness) and he wishes some to turn delaleth (bad way, darkness). All power is in His hands. I always believed it and kept it hot and alive.

There is a fate which written to our fourheads which no one knows his/her last breath or last situation. We do our best, we work, we struggle for life, for happiness and misery at the same time. That is the balance of life. We try to do our best for ourselves and others. But we are not legislatives. Legislative is the one and matchless. We are the servants whose life ruled and chained to the Holy, to the Legislator.

And who is here that came to the path of hidayeth (entering the right way) by divine fate is more lucky than I am. I think so and I thought so. Because I came from a Moslem family and I was born so. I never calculated and examined my life, my religion so deep, I just simply believed what is filled my heart and mind from my parents and I simply followed their way which lead them through their life. But Hazreti Omar (r.a) or Hz. Ali (k.a.w) or Hazrat Ebubekr etc was converted to Islam and they examined it, calculated it at first and then became very firm, strong Muslims and always remembered as great examples of Muslim individuals. So you are lucky than me in that sense.

Imam Gazali said once that a Muslim individual who born from a Muslim family and eventually became a Muslim who cannot be real Mumin/Muslim until he/she accepts the information and all knowledge about religion as a false, cliche, taboo which learned from his parents then firmly and deeply search through all sources of Islam, from tafseers, hadithes, sunnah, strong books which written about Islam and akidah (belief) and then satisfies both his heart, mind and soul than he becomes a true believer. That is the way you do. And that's why you are lucky. Although i don't believe luck :) that's the another matter.

I believe people not chose Allah but he. this is looking perhaps alike Omar Hayyam's approach to the Superior in his rubai's (quatrains). But my sense and approach is not the same. Yes I believed we are pre-destinied in some sense, but not complete. It is a complicated issue to discuss. There are some hadithes that makes my mind confused. Like if you give charity (sadaka) Allah protects you from accidents and injuries. In another hadith if you visit your relatives and keep it always fresh Allah extents your life scale. Or another hadith about salat/namaz, that if you keep practicing salat five times a day, Allah protects you to commit big sins even you wish them to perform. I personally experienced this many times in particular moments of my life. I used to pray salat since my 13 years old and never quited. There were some examinations in my life which bad things or that is to say big but sweet attractive sins called me or whispered in my ears so softly and I wished to take her hand in my heart, but always something stopped me to walk to the limit. I always felt I was protected.

Yes I do and I did mistakes and committed sins. I am not an angel. I did what called in Islam bad things or sins when I left to pray salat regularly in particular times of my life for very short period. You can feel that there is an amulet around you, an unseen surrounding which protects and warms you when you practicing Islam regularly and keep your faith always alive and fresh in your heart. There are moments that we forget Allah and His existence in our life and sink to the beauties of ugly life. Life is beautiful that's true if you are an optimist, but neither i am a pessimist. Life is an illusion, Plato believed life is full of ideas but not truth or facts, not real in essence. So he concluded there must be a place which things have their perfect shape and that is the place is blessed. So if you dream or imagine, think about heavens (cennets) of Allah, how beautiful, how generous they are, and things had their perfected shapes there and everlasting life without misery and illness and boredom, why some should claim that world is beautiful?! World is illusion of ugliness which covered with spell. Thus there are some moments that we are intoxicated with false beauty of life and forgot the everlasting beauty and our aim. It happened to me so many times and it will but I will struggle till the end to keep my Iman/belief and try to give my last breath in Islam. Insaallah.

AnAngelofWood

Thankful for my deen
Assalamu Alaykum Brother,

I am like those you mention who come to Islam by way of searching. I am still searching, but feel myself drawing closer to Islam each day that I read Qu'ran and books, etc.

It's wonderful to have you here and I hope that you will be one to contribute much from your knowledge that you have gained being raised in Islam.

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Assalamu alaikum

I enjoyed reading your post because you have spoken from heart.
I agree that the more one thinks about what certain things

happen...predestination...the more it gets difficult and sometimes as you mentioned, confusing.

We have Quran to refer to for the answers to our basic questions which satisfy hearts:

"Those who believe and whose hearts are set at rest by the remembrance of Allah; now surely by Allah's remembrance are the hearts set at rest."
13:28

Maybe i understand why you said

why some should claim that world is beautiful?! World is illusion of ugliness which covered with spell...

but i dont fully agree with you brother.
Life is beatufiul because Allah is its creator.

Everything around us is beautiful as we can gain access to ultimate beauty
with its help if we use them correctly.

The fruit, the love, the happy moments etc. are all samples of the perfect beauty awaiting those who follow the truth.

If there was no beauty in this world, we would not know it and wouldn't be tempted to find way to heaven.

This world indeed has an ugly side too. It is mainly caused by human themselves.

But we should not forget that in everything there is a test from Allah. Some tests are for individuals others are for the whole communities.

Once i spoke toa musilm? who was not praying. I asked why? And he said,
"i believed in Allah, but after I saw American troops destroying Afghanistan and killing its innocent musilm civillians by the thousands, I lost faith in him. How could he allow this to happen?.."

So, I know what ugly side of life you are talking about.
Brother, the return of all matters is to Allah and humans are awaiting a day called the day of judgement, regardless of anyone who believe in it or not.

Nice reading your post. Jazakallahu khairan

Wassalam

Superman_mb

we alaykum selams brothers, and sisters.

i am thinking i wonder how many turks we are here? which we can write application :) to the admin thay perhaps they might also support us to open turkish language division under the roof of turntoislam in future. thus another turkish moslems who are not able to speak a foreign language might converse or discuss about islam and etc.

maassalamah