Is there any Halal suicide method?

Annonymous

Salaam,

I have lost my interest in living. I want to end my life peacefully
taking Allah's name before dying. I am very much aware that suicide is
haraam but what to do when one is extremely depressed, under emotional
pain and is no longer interested in love, respect or money in this world.

I want to be relieved of this life. I am not finding any reason to
live.

Plz tell me if there is a suicide-method which is acceptable under
islamic law or any supplication pleading Allah to end one's life.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
:salam2:

Allah is your reason for living and this distress that you're facing is all a part of the test He has given you. InshAllah it WILL pass but what matters is how you handle all of the hardships you are faced with. I don't believe there is an islamic suicide method since that's a contradictory statement (as Islam forbids suicide) so I dont think you should dwell on that. And if you were in case going to try this as well......it's also haram to pray for death.

Brother/sister, please know that you're not alone in what you're feeling as people do feel that from time to time but the point is to PERSEVERE through it all. You can't give up this life because of where your life is at the current point. You have to have faith that Allah will bring you through it. As Muslims, we all know that Allah tests us in various ways as He is testing our Iman and our part is to get through it all while keeping our Iman and our Deen strong and intact. Sabr, brother/sister, patience is what gets you through it and it is the KEY to Jannah. InshAllah I KNOW you will come out stronger in the end and inshAllah it is Allah's will that your Iman reach the highest level.

:wasalam:

ahmed112

ShahnazZ is right! All this is just a part of the test.

There is no possible way to comit suicide lawfully. I repeat, YOU CANNOT KILL YOURSELF. Praying for death on yourself is also haraam.

Salaam,

Many people (non-Muslims) claim that the purpose of life is to become wealthy.

Could the acquisition of wealth guarantee happiness? Of course not.
When we hear of millionaires, hollywood actors or members of their families committing suicide, how could we consider the purpose of life would be to gain great wealth?

Wealth and its accumulation as a purpose would be doomed to a temporary success at best and in the end it would only spell out self destruction.

So, what is the use of wealth to a person without belief? He would always fear his end and would always be skeptical of everything. He may gain a great material wealth but he would only lose himself in the end.

Worship of the One True Almighty God of the Universe (Allah swt) as a primary goal or aim in life provides a believer with everything he needs to succeed in both this life and the Next Life.

The word for total surrender, submission, obedience, purity of heart and peace in the Arabic language is "Islam."

To a Muslim the whole purpose of life is "ibadah" or worship to the One True Almighty God on Terms and under His Conditions.

Similarly, in the Next Life as well, his faith, intentions, attitudes and good deeds will all be weighed into his account as favorable putting him in high esteem with his Creator and Sustainer.

Because Islam teaches that this life is only a test or trial for the individual to show him his true nature it is only natural that he would accept death as not so much an ending to everything but more as a beginning of the final and lasting life in the Hereafter.

Before entering into either of the final lodging places i.e.; Heaven or Hell, there must needs be a Day of Judgment or showing of one's true self to make them aware of their own nature and thereby understand what they have sent on ahead during the life here on the earth.

Every person will be rewarded (or punished) according to their attitude, appreciation and efforts during this stay on earth. None will be asked about the actions and beliefs of others, nor will anyone be asked regarding that which he was unaware of or incapable of doing.

As the life here is considered as an examination for the individual, the death stage is considered as a resting period after the test. It could be easy for those who were faithful and dedicated or it could be grueling and horrible for the wicked.

Reward and punishment will be in direct proportion to each person and it is only Allah, alone who will be the Final Judge over us all.

So in the teachings of the True Surrender, Submission, Obedience, In Sincerity and Peace to the Almighty One God (Allah swt) the line of life and its purpose is logical, clear and simple:

The first life is a test

The life in the grave is a resting or waiting place before the Day of Judgment

The Day of Judgment brings about the clear understanding of what will now happen to the individual based on his own desires and actions

The Permanent or Afterlife will either be spend in luxurious splendor or miserable punishment .

Following this clear understanding of life, the Muslim's purpose is clear.

First of all, he has no doubt in his mind that:

1) He is only created by Allah
2) He is going to spend a period of time in this material world (Dunya)
3) He knows he will die
4) He knows he will spend time in the grave, either pleasant or difficult depending on his own choice of attitude and actions
5) He knows he will be resurrected for the Day of Judgment
6) He knows he will be judged according to the most fair of standards by Allah the Almighty, the All Knowing he realizes his attitude and actions are going to come under very close scrutiny he knows that this short life compared to the Eternal Life was in fact, only for a test.

This life is very meaningful and purposeful to the Believing Muslim, as he realizes that it will determine is outcome and permanent position in the Next Life.

The Muslim's permanent purpose is to Surrender, Submit, Obey, in Purity and Peace to Allah the Almighty, carrying out His Orders and staying in some form of worship to Him as much as possible everyday.

This includes the orders of Allah in His Book, the Holy Quran and His final Messenger and Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him. It also includes:

Peforming your 5 daily prayers, paying your zakat (charity), Fasting the month of Ramadan, try to make a pilgrimage to the House of Allah in Mecca at least once in your life

For a disbeliever the purpose of this life is to collect and amass great wealth, money, power and position. Over indulging in eating, drinking, drugs, sex and gambling are a high priority to them. But all of this will not avail them anything good in the grave, on the Day of Judgment or in the Next Life.

Eventually he will be faced with the question:

Now what?
What's Next?
Where am I going?
What will happen to me?

He will come to know. For sure he will come to know. But then what will the knowledge avail him?

Look how Islam solves the mystery of the puzzle of life. It provides the answers to the questions and concerns of the human beings on all levels and in every aspect. It is really quite simple.

The purpose of life as understood by the Believing Muslim can be simply stated in only two (2) words:

Obey God.

Our only purpose and salvation lie in these two words.

We must come to know our Creator, Sustainer and Ultimate Judge. We must learn to believe in Him, thank Him, praise Him, honor Him and worship Him, alone without any partners from His Creation. We must learn about His Messengers and Prophets, peace be upon them, and the message with which they were all sent. We must learn the Word of God as was directly revealed, preserved and memorized and passed down by memory throughout all the generations of Muslims to the present day.

Those who are in search of truth, having open minds and hearts will recognize this as a message in truth and sincerity. Open your heart and your mind now and ask the Almighty God of the Universe (Allah) to guide you now to His True Way. And then be ready to accept your true purpose in life.

I also recommend that you buy Shaykh Khalid Yasin's "The Purpose of Life"

warda A

Sister
job

I want to be relieved of this life. I am not finding any reason to
live.

I hope you will get to read about prophet Job (Ayub), he passed throught quite alot but he did not loose his faith in Allah taala, same should go for you, try and be patient, and pray, read the Quraan,and ask Allah to forgive you.
Even if you are not a muslim, prayer is a great tool to ease your tensions and stress as well as depression, whenever you fill like your life is empty or devoid of something try and look at the next person, he could be worse than you,
When you are depressed fill you time with prayers and contemplate on wonders of creation, do you really want to leave all these? it is just a test.(look at it as a school test)
and do not worry we here will help you inshalla (God willing) you are not alone.
Suicide is haram, it is like dying as a nonbeliever.

may Allah grant you patience. Ameen

sajjuaiah

As-salaam alaikum,

Do ye think that ye shall enter the gardin of bliss without such trials as came to those who passed away before you? they encounterd suffreing and adversity, and were so shaken in spirit that even the messenger and those of faith who where with him cried ''when will come the help of allah? Ah verily, the help of allah is allways near.

And when My servants ask you concerning Me, then surely I am very near; I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he calls on Me, so they should answer My call and believe in Me that they may walk in the right way. 2:186

“And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a
him to get out (from every difficulty).
And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever
puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish
purpose. Indeed Allah has set a measure for all things”[al-Talaaq 65:2-3]

"Be sure We shall test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in
goods, lives, and the fruits of your toil. But give glad tidings to those who
patiently persevere. Those who say, when afflicted with calamity, 'To Allah we
belong, and to Him is our return.' They are those on whom descend blessings
from their Lord, and mercy. They are the ones who receive guidance." (2:155-157)

Jazakmullah Hu-Khairan.

sajjuaiah

As-salaam alaikum,

“Verily, Allah will never change the condition of a people until they change what is within themselves” (Qur’an13:11)

jazakmullah Hu-Khairan

ShyHijabi

Oh my dear brother/sister in Islam, suicide is never the answer. When I was ten years old my father was missing for a week before his body was found in the woods. He had taken his own life after writing us a goodbye letter. In his efforts to end his own pain he compounded our pain by a thousand-fold. The repercussions of his selfishness still echo in our lives.

He could not see past his depression to understand that there was so much more in this life than the blackness that had engulfed him. I am from Jews and they are extremely harsh on suicides. The person is not buried among their own and they are not given a proper Jewish funeral. We were treated as if we had been tarnished by his death, as if the shame rubbed off on us. I was told to lie about the nature of my father's death which caused me more pain and confusion.

My point is thus, by trying to escape your own pain you will burden your loved ones with much more pain. They will forever wonder what they could've done or said to ease your struggle. They will blame themselves and live a life of grief and guilt. There are many counselors/medications/and prayers that can help you in this time. Please reach out to someone for help...even if it's to call a suicide hotline and just talk and cry and scream. You are not alone.

Wasalaam and your sister in Islam,

~Sarah

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Assalamu alaikum and peace be upon you dear brother/sister!

Please know that you are not the only one who feels like this.
Many people feel as you do now, at some point in their lives, but suicide is not
the best option.
The best option is patience. Have patience and believe me you will see a different picture of life, much more beautiful than what you see now.

I know it is hard for you to believe this now, but nothing stays the same in this life.

There is no need to end your life as we all die one day anyway. So while we are alive, we should make use of it.

Trust me there are many things you can do to your life.
If you think your life is of no use for you (which is never true), then it can be of great use for many needy people.

If you are an able bodied individual, you can give some time of your daily life to an old, sick or disabled person and help him/her in many ways.

The purpose of life is not making money, love..., but the worship of God alone.

When you do that properly, you will find light, peace and happiness in your heart.

Please stay around and communicate with us. Tell us more and don't be shy.
Don't close the doors of many other options on your face by committing suicide as life is an edowment (Nimat) of Allah.

Depriving yourself of this blessing is equal to being ungrateful to God almighty.
There is purpose bhind our lives. Please continue to live to see that purpose.

Take care of yourself and may the help of Allah be with you, Ameen

bintul islam

biz musulmanikh

Dearest brother,

Plz dont commit saucide, we love you for the sake of Allah sw. If something bad happens to you, do you know how many people will be affected? It's not just about you, it's about all those around you as well.

The Prophet asw said one should not wish for death and if he must, then he should say oh Allah, allow me to live so long as life is good for me.

Do you have eyes? ears? legs? can you breath? Do you have food? Have you not found Islam? Then why be sad?

Brother, don't make us sad, don't make us cry, please, we beg you. I want to see your post by tomorrow inshala saying you have found hope, and that you will never resort to such thoughts.

I dont know what else to say. I personally knew of two people who lost their lives to saucide. What a waste, they had so much potential, so much to live for, they were so young. What a waste.

My dearest brother, please read the Quran, Allah sw has said that hearts find rest in the rememberance of Allah sw. Go on hajj or something. If you need anything, please PM us in private or post your thoughts and questions on TTI.

Remember you are loved and this is just a crazy phase you are going through. May Allah sw help you.

Keep smiling :SMILY335::SMILY335::SMILY335::SMILY335::SMILY335:

Your sister in Islam,

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum.

Allaah doesn't burden a soul more than it can bare, so there is no need for this act dear Muslim. It is important that you try to have patience (sabr) and forbearance (hilm) with any trials that afflict you, so that you can deal with them justly. As for suicide, then would you really want to be an eternal inhabitant of the Hell Fire? There is no halaal suicide in Islaam, i repeat NO halaal suicide in Islaam. Be it via a knife, gun, drugs or even what you see in `Iraq, Palestine and other areas, where people use themselves as human bombs, it is all haraam.

Abu Hurayrah may Allaah be pleased with him, narrated that the Messenger of Allaah sallAllaahu `alayhi wasalam, said:

"He who kills himself with a iron weapon will be an eternal inhabitant of Hell, and he will have that weapon in his hand and will be thrusting it into his stomach forever and ever. He who kills himself by drinking poison will sip it in the fire of Hell forever and ever. He who kills himself by throwing himself from the top of a mountain will constantly fall in the fire of Hell forever and ever."
[Saheeh Muslim]

If it helps, then as other users have said, look at the Prophets such as Ayyub, `alayhi salaam, who remained patient throughout the trials and afflications that came to him. Look at these examples and remember, that no one was tried with more hardship than the Prophets and Messengers, upon all of them be peace.

Rosheen

Sister in Islam
All I want to say is think of your family.

I have the effects of suicide in a family....you are not only ruining your life you will ruin others

kamranasif2004

being hopeless from Allah mercy is kufr

Assalam-o-alaikum

u r so true that u have lost interest in everything but rememeber for a guy who calls himself muslim the only reason of existence is Allah

I can imagine u losing interst in all the worldly things which always keep one self going but think again !

were these things ur reason of existence, if they were then believe me bruv that more often than not these things do betray u

only thing which can be with you throughout is the name of Allah and his word Quran

ask urself u want to take the name of Allah before u die but have u done enough to come closer to Allah ?

I read it in Quran that when Allah will ask his bondman about his wants he will say i wish for more and more lifetime in world again so that i can go there and do my best again to please u

i think in ur question is ur answer .......

May Allah Bless you

abou haytam

Ruling on wishing for death

Question:

If a Muslim is faced with many problems in life, and cannot resolve them, is it permissible for him to pray that he may die, so that he will find relief from these problems?.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly: A long life in which a believer does righteous deeds is better for him than death.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The best of people is the one who lives long and does good.” Narrated by Ahmad and al-Tirmidhi, 110; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

And he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Glad tidings to the one who lives long and does good.” Narrated by al-Tabaraani and Abu Na’eem, classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 3928.

Ahmad (8195) narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: Two men became Muslim with the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). One of them was martyred, and the other remained for another year. Talhah ibn ‘Ubayd-Allaah said: I was shown Paradise (in a dream), and in it I saw that the one who was delayed was admitted before the martyr. I was surprised by that, so the next morning I told the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) about that. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Did he not fast Ramadaan after he was gone, and pray six thousand rak’ahs, or such and such a number of rak'ahs, the prayers of one year?” Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 2591. al-‘Ajlooni said in Kashf al-Khafa’: its isnaad is hasan.

A man said: “O Messenger of Allaah, which of the people is best?” He said: “The one who lives long and does good.” He said: “Which of the people is worst?” He said: “The one who lives long and does evil.” Narrated by Ahmad and al-Tirmidhi, 2330; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

Al-Teebi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: Time is like the capital of a businessman, and it should be invested in such a way as to make a profit. The greater the capital, the greater the profit. Whoever benefits from his life by doing good deeds will succeed and prosper, but whoever wastes his capital and does not prosper will evidently lose out. End quote.

Hence it was said to one of the salaf: Death is a good thing.

He said: O son of my brother, do not do that, for an hour of life in which you ask Allaah for forgiveness is better for you than an eternity of death.

It was said to an old man among them: Would you not like to die? He said: No, for youth and its evil have gone, and old age and its goodness have come. When I get up, I say Bismillaah (in the name of Allaah), and when I sit I say Al-hamdu Lillaah (praise be to Allaah), and I would like this to continue.

Many of the salaf would weep when they were dying, in sorrow for the cessation of their righteous deeds.

Hence the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade wishing for death, because it deprives the believer of the goodness of obedience and the joy of worship, and of the opportunity to repent and make up for what one has missed.

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No one of you should wish for death or pray for it before it comes, for when one of you dies, his good deeds come to an end and for the believer a long life will not increase him in anything but good.” Narrated by Muslim, 2682

So he mentioned the prohibition of wishing for death alongside the prohibition on praying for one's own death.

A version narrated by al-Bukhaari says: “No one of you should wish for death. Either he is a doer of good and will do more, or he is a doer of evil but perhaps he may stop.”

Al-Nawawi said: This hadeeth clearly indicates that it is makrooh to wish for death because of some harm that has befallen one, such as loss or distress caused by an enemy, or other such hardships of this world. But if a person fears harm or fitnah with regard to his religious commitment, it is not makrooh to wish for death, according to this hadeeth, and several of the salaf did that.

There is another reason why wishing for death is not allowed:

The throes of death are very hard, and the terror of seeing one's end draw nigh is immense. Man is faced with nothing else like it. Moreover, no one knows what awaits him after death. We ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound. Wishing for death is seeking something which is unknown. Perhaps if he wishes for death because of some hardship that he has fallen into, he may end up like one who jumps out of the frying pan and into the fire, and after death he may find himself in an even worse situation. In that case, wishing for death is akin to seeking to hasten calamity before it happens. No wise man should do that, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Do not wish to meet the enemy, and ask Allaah to keep you safe and sound.” (Agreed upon). A hadeeth to this effect has been narrated, but it is da’eef (weak).

It was narrated that Jaabir ibn ‘Abd-Allaah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Do not wish for death, for the terror that follows death is immense. It is a sign of blessing to live long and be guided by Allaah to repent.” Narrated by Ahmad; classed as da’eef by al-Albaani in Silsilat al-Ahaadeeth al-Da’eefah, 885.

Ibn ‘Umar heard a man wishing for death and he said: “Do not wish for death, for you are going to die. Ask Allaah to keep you safe and sound, for the dying person is exposed to great terror.”

Ibn Rajab (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: Many righteous men have wished for death when they were healthy, then when it came they hated it because it is so difficult, such as Abu’l-Darda’ and Sufyaan al-Thawri, so what do you think about people other than them?

Wishing for death, if the reason for it is difficulties in worldly matters, is forbidden because wishing for death in that case is indicative of impatience or panic as a result of the calamity that has befallen.

It was narrated from Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No one of you should wish for death because of some harm that has befallen him, but if he must do that then let him say: ‘O Allaah, keep me alive so long as life is good for me, and cause me to die when death is good for me.’” Agreed upon.

What is meant by “some harm that has befallen him” is worldly harms such as sickness, loss of wealth and children, and the like. But if he fears harm to his religious commitment, such as fitnah, then there is nothing wrong with wishing for death in that case, as we shall see below.

Perhaps the one who wishes for death in order to find relief from the harm that has befallen him will only increase in exhaustion and pain, he does not know.

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: It was said: “O Messenger of Allaah, So and so has died, and has found relief.” The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) got angry and said: “Only the one who is forgiven finds relief.” Narrated by Ahmad, 24192; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 1710.

Secondly: There are some cases in which it is prescribed to wish for death, such as the following:

1 – One who fears for his religious commitment because of fitnah

Undoubtedly death which takes a person away from fitnah (tribulation, temptation that takes one away from religious commitment), even if his righteous deeds are few, is better for him than being subjected to tribulations with regard to his religious commitment. We ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound.

It was narrated from Mahmoud ibn Labeed (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There are two things that the son of Adam dislikes: death, although death is better for a believer than fitnah; and he dislikes having little wealth, but less wealth means less reckoning.” Narrated by Ahmad; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 813.

The fact that wishing for death in this situation is also prescribed is indicated by the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in his du’aa’: “If You should decree fitnah for Your slaves, then take my soul (in death) before I am put to trial.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 3233; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’.

Ibn Rajab (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: This is permissible according to the majority of scholars.

Based on this, the reports of the salaf wishing for death are to be understood as meaning that they wished for death for fear of fitnah.

Maalik narrated that Sa’eed ibn al-Musayyab said: When ‘Umar ibn al-Khattab came from Mina, he made his camel kneel at al-Abtah, and then he gathered a pile of small stones and cast his cloak over them and dropped to the ground. Then he raised his hands to the sky and said, 'O Allaah! I have become old and my strength has weakened. My flock is scattered. Take me to You with nothing missed out and without having neglected anything.'

Sa’eed said: Dhu’l-Hijjah did not end before ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) was murdered.

Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: Whoever sees death offered for sale, let him buy it for me!

Al-Thabaat ‘inda al-Mamaat, by Ibn al-Jawzi, p. 45

2 – When his death is martyrdom for the sake of Allaah, may He be glorified and exalted.

There are many ahaadeeth which indicate that wishing for death in this case is prescribed, such as the following:

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Were it not that it would be too hard for my ummah, I would not have stayed behind from any campaign. Would that I could be killed for the sake of Allaah, then brought back to life then killed, then brought back to life then killed.” Agreed upon.

The Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) wished to be killed for the sake of Allaah, and that was only because of the great virtue of martyrdom.

Muslim (1909) narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever asks Allaah sincerely for martyrdom, Allaah will cause him to attain the status of the martyr, even if he dies in his bed.”

The salaf (may Allaah be pleased with them) loved the idea of dying for the sake of Allaah.

Abu Bakr (may Allaah be pleased with him) said, concerning the liar Musaylimah, when he claimed to be a prophet: “By Allaah, I will fight him with people who love death as they love life.”

Khaalid ibn al-Waleed (may Allaah be pleased with him) wrote to the people of Persia saying: “By the One besides Whom there is no other god, I shall send against you people who love death as you love life.”

This status is something desirable – may Allaah not deprive us of it – and seeking it is something that is praiseworthy, because the one who is given it will not be deprived of the reward for righteous deeds for which a person may want to live and which may be better for a person than death. Moreover Allaah will spare the one who attains this status from the torment of the grave.

It was narrated that Salmaan (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “Standing on guard at the border for one day and one night is better than fasting and praying qiyaam for a month, and if he dies, will be given the reward for the good deeds that he used to do, and he will be given provision, and he will be kept safe from al-fattaan [i.e., Munkar and Nakeer, the two angels who question the deceased in the grave].”

Muslim, 1913.

Conclusion: It is makrooh for a Muslim to wish for death if the reason for that is some worldly harm that has befallen him. Rather he must be patient and seek the help of Allaah. We ask Allaah to grant you relief from the distress that you are suffering.

See also question no. 22880.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

source:

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=46592&ln=eng&txt=قتل نفسه

aishajor

If you think killing yourself is the answer your very much mistaken....

You should look up about the HEARAFTER

its ten times worse there......
don't kill youself its never the answer.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member

Living was never particularly interesting anyway. shrug, alot of greif for some people.

Unless you know the purpose of your existance and why you have hands, feet, eyes, tongue, etc its all for the purpose of worshipping Allah (s).

InshAllah, by the mercy of Allah, Jannah awaits the believers:

[yt]A_K77TdKJdE[/yt]

Nice? but suicide would mean you wouldnt get it, a really rubbish exchange.. suicide is a total rip off you see?

And its haraam as you stated. :SMILY126:

Yousuf.

Something insightful to share.

Peace Be Upon You.
In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious and the Most Merciful.

Let the Qur'an clarify our doubts and calm our worries.

We ask: Why are we tested?
The Qur'an answers: 'Do men think that they will be left alone on saying, 'We believe', and that they will not be tested?
We did test those before them, and Allah will certainly know those who are true from those who are false.'
(Al-Ankaboot [The Spider] Verse 2 - 3)

We ask: Why don't we always get what we have always wished for?
The Qur'an answers: '...But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not.'
(Al-Baqarah [The Cow] Verse 216)

We ask: Why am I greatly tested?
The Qur'an Answers: 'On no soul doth Allah Place a burden greater than it can bear...'
(Al-Baqarah Verse 286)

We ask: Why do I feel frustrated?
The Qur'an Answers: 'So lose not heart, nor fall into despair: For ye must gain mastery if ye are true in Faith.'
(Al-Imran [The Family of Imran] Verse 139)

We ask: How do I face it?
The Qur'an Answers: 'O ye who believe! Persevere in patience and constancy; vie in such perseverance; strengthen each other; and fear Allah. that ye may prosper.'
(Al-Imran Verse 200)
'Nay, seek ((Allah)'s) help with patient perseverance and prayer: It is indeed hard, except to those who bring a lowly spirit,'
(Al-Baqarah Verse 45)

We ask: What will I gain from all these?
The Qur'an Answers: 'Allah hath purchased of the believers their persons and their goods; for theirs (in return) is the garden (of Paradise)...'
(At-Taubah [The Repentance] Verse 111)

We ask: To whom do I express my hopes and wishes?
The Qur'an Answers: 'But if they turn away, Say: '(Allah) sufficeth me: there is no god but He: On Him is my trust,- He the Lord of the Throne (of Glory) Supreme!'
(At-Taubah Verse 129)

We say: O Allah, this 'pain' is unbearable.
The Qur'an replies: '...and never give up hope of Allah's Soothing Mercy: truly no one despairs of Allah's Soothing Mercy, except those who have no faith.'
(Yusuf (Joseph) Verse 87)

Believe in Allah. Pray to Allah. Trust Allah cos only Allah knows.
He is The All Hearing and He is The All Seeing.

'Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek'
(Al-Fateha Verse 5)

Insya'Allah.
Ameen.

ps: do tell me if i get any of the verses wrong.

ama6621

Assalam Alaikum
Dear Brother/Sister, Insha Allah you will find the peace that you are looking for. As someone here posted, Allah brought you to Islam. Is there a bigger gift than that? Everytime a bad though crosses your mind, take a moment to thank Allah SWT for this greatest blessing that He has bestowed upon you. If He willed, He could have let you go astray. But here you are, blessed by Allah SWT. Remember this and thank Him every single moment.
Pray to Allah SWT for guidance. This is test and Insha Allah it will pass. Life is a test and we cannot afford to lose in it. Because it will determine where we live in the hereafter. May Allah guide you always and protect you. Ameen.

Johra

Salams
There are a few quite specific sanctions expressed in the Quraan against self-killing. The Prophet Muhammad (SAW) also assigns suicide to the lower levels of Hell.
Allah says explicitly in the Quraan,
"And do not kill yourselves. Surely, Allah is Most Merciful to you". (Surah An-Nisa Verse 29)
In another verse of the Quraan, Allah says:
"And do not throw yourselves in destruction". (Surah Al-Baqarah Verse 195

Dua'a
Allahumma la sahla illa ma ja'altu sahla, wa 'anta taj-alul hazna idha shi'ta sahla. O Allah, there is nothing easy except what You make easy, and you make the difficult easy if it be your will.
Have sabr and tawakul, ie, patience and trust in Allah and you will have sakinah and birr,
contentment of the heart and righteousness.
may Allah make it easy for you, InshaAllah.

Jannah03

Asalaamu alakum, some of us have been in your shoes before. i know i was. I didnt want to do ANYTHING. nothing seemed to go right, and i wasnt right with myself, i felt like i couldnt fit in, my parents only saw as one way, ive wanted to die, got fascinated with it, was failing classes and that was 3 years ago. I didnt want to die, all of that was a cry for help
throughout my depression, i really wasnt muslim anymore, just by name and my scarf i wore incorrectly. Throughout that time i still made dua for myself, and alhamduillah Allah ceased my ill thoughts. NEVER give up on DUA. I recommend that you get professional help immediately. There is NO halal way to kill oneself. In the Quran Allah states that we not kill ourselves since Allah is always with us. Allah will try us. You know what kept me going? the ayah "Allah does NOT give soul ANTHING IT CANT BEAR!" Allah promised us this!!! Allah promised us this! You. can. make. it. through. this. Keep making dua to heal you. keep asking Allah to protect from shaytan, keep asking Allah to protect you from the evil eye. Keep asking Allah to give you the patience to go through this.
I went to a hospital. i have no shame. i was in downward spiral. Im just grateful nothing happened to me during that time. Make dua, Find someone to talk to. Talk Therapy helps. If not find a behavioral health facility. You can learn healthy ways to deal with your emotions.
Please consider this. Those who attempted suicide realized that their problems weren't that bad.