admin& mods

Meraj

Brother
:salam2:

I thinnk it is good idea....as i put it before....most brothers have already done it...hope to see the same for all soon inshallah....

ps: sister warda i think you forgot to put the same in ur case...hope you will consider my suggession...
:wasalam:

warda A

Sister
CHANGED

I thinnk it is good idea....as i put it before....most brothers have already done it...hope to see the same for all soon inshallah....

ps: sister warda i think you forgot to put the same in ur case...hope you will consider my suggession...

Sorry was asleep:lol: suggestion taken,
hope to see people do that

msaeed

Salaam,

Sorry but i disagree! I think posting to a thread with out knowning the gender of the person is a good idea. The only think you should say is Salaam and you real don't need to know their gender. We are humans and the way we response to each other is sometime effect by our gender. The tone we use is effect by the posters gender so i disagree.

Salaamualikumwrwb

I agree with TheKnowledgeSeeker and think its a bit risky...Subconsciously our reactions might slightly differ towards a sister or a brother. Of course anyone can just look at the member's profile but because its more time consuming, its less likely to happen as often compared to it just being available without having to do any work to get it...thats my personal opinion at least.

Salaamualikumwrwb

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member

Lol, I still thought you were a sister once, its cos I saw your avatar and its a nice birdy and looks girly (no offence :D its nice! :rolleyes:)

..uuhhh yeh ..:confused:

I dont know how someone can 'post like a brother' as some people have said to me :redface: whatever!

warda A

Sister
oh

A good point raised... It is therefore probably better and safer to leave it how it is.

oow brother alkashmiri, you change your mind after three nos?
look at the yes, good idea? huh, i bet people could just write it under their avatar as suggested.
it would not change the tone of writing because we should always remind ourselves of where we are.
Anyways why not leave it to the members to decide what they like?
jazakallahu kheiran.

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaam alikom,

It had been done before the gender was under the name of the person but it end up creating more problems on the site like people start msging with marriage offeres etc, so it will be better to leave without if we have a good responce to any thread or post just say salaam alikom and reply, its not haraam to say salaam alikom to sister.

people at the time of the prophet peace be up on him use to intract with female but within islamic laws and manners, :) all we need to do is to be respectable in all of our replies, and dont let the emotion take us while replying...

Wa salaam

warda A

Sister
salaam alikom,

It had been done before the gender was under the name of the person but it end up creating more problems on the site like people start msging with marriage offeres etc, so it will be better to leave without if we have a good responce to any thread or post just say salaam alikom and reply, its not haraam to say salaam alikom to sister.

people at the time of the prophet peace be up on him use to intract with female but within islamic laws and manners, :) all we need to do is to be respectable in all of our replies, and dont let the emotion take us while replying...

Wa salaam

It had been done before the gender was under the name of the person but it end up creating more problems on the site like people start msging with marriage offeres etc,
I may sound insistive but actually am not , i just tried raising a valid point, like you said it had been done before etc, now i would like to make a suggestion, the admn & mods will definately know the cross gender pms, so they should add a programme to block those as well as telling members that no cross gender pms because they will be blocked.
I can tell you even now with most people not knowing the others gender there are such types of pm.
I mean no offence.

Faisal_01

Art is my Expression

I may sound insistive but actually am not , i just tried raising a valid point, like you said it had been done before etc, now i would like to make a suggestion, the admn & mods will definately know the cross gender pms, so they should add a programme to block those as well as telling members that no cross gender pms because they will be blocked.
I can tell you even now with most people not knowing the others gender there are such types of pm.
I mean no offence.

Blocking cross gender pms will bring more inconvenience than keeping them unblocked. There are a lot of members on here who look up to older people for advice, regardless of gender diffrences. There are members here who are more comfortable with speaking to them privately over pms than starting a thread and making it public over a problem they may be having.

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
I don't see what the problem is.
If you want to address a person by brother or a sister just check the public profile for thier gender to be 100% sure, its a matter of seconds.
For the new members they have to have like 50+ posts

Faiza619

Strangers on earth

I think this thread should be closed since it is causing more problems.
People should have their choice of what they write under their avatars but keep in mind what the mods said about changing your tones when addressing the opposite gender

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullah

Been away from TTI for a few days and this conversation is still going :p

Here's how I'm going to put it insha'allah and hopefully it will be acceptable.

We do not mind whatever people want to put under their titles, that's no problem if you want to put brother/sister. Some people with ambigious titles might feel a stronger need to do this, than others.

However, I do not think it is needed that we place it on each and every post. Foremostly I do not see it as a neccessity, that we must know who it is, as perhaps our method of addressing then may alter in a manner which may not be correct. Though to not give leeway to that suggestion, more importantly would be the fact that MrMuslim posted, that then cross gender PMs occur more often with offers of marriage etc. When a person sees a post they like many times they go off and PM them seeing it's the opposite gender asking for their hand and giving a long bio detail. Sound crazy?

It's not. After having to deal with some of them and send countless warnings it does happen! And it's not something that we can just stop PMs from boys to girls as it is needed sometimes via getting information, sending to Moderators etc.

However, what I most dont get is what the big deal of being called a brother or a sister if you are not is? I mean does it make you confused in any way? (I hope not! lol) In that case, just forgive and forget. Or if you dont want to, just correct it in the forum, I mean seriously, it's not as if it's a matter of severe importance. Truthfully if someone wants to check, just pop over to the User Profile and look at it. And the reason it's prohibited for new members is because they are the ones (not all) most prone to sending these proposals as their purpose is not to come to TTI for the original reason intended.

Basically, my view is that I dont think we need it on each post, but user titles are personal preference.

:)

wasalam