a little help

sal12

Assalamu alaykum,

U know how men are allowed to marry christian and jewish women? where in the Quran or sunnah does it say this? Does anybody know?

Jazakallhu khayran

MubarekMuslimah

Today all good things have been made lawful for you. And the food of those given the Book is also lawful for you and your food is lawful for them. So are chaste women from among the believers and CHASTE WOMEN OF THOSE GIVEN THE BOOK BEFORE YOU, once you have given them their dowries in marriage, not in fornication or taking them as lovers. But as for anyone who rejects faith, his actions will come to nothing and in the hereafter he will be among the losers. (5:15)

Hope that helps insha'allah. Also one of the Prophet's, peace be upon him, wives was Mariyah who was a Christian.

Wasalaams

deepheart

Assalam alaikum,

though it is halal for brothers to marry from the Christian and Jewish faiths, due to the prevailing situation ( so many unmarried sisters ) i feel its better for us brothers to marry our Muslim sisters. this is not a Fatwa, its just my personal opinion. we should help reduce the fitnah in Muslim lands by marrying fellow Muslims.

its nice to come home and be greeted with salam, isn't it? and no matter how good a nonmuslim is she can't be like a Muslim ( in the sight of ALLAH ) even she pleases you.

also i've heard stories of children who were taken to other religons by their mothers after their Muslim fathers passed away. i know this may cause a debate but i just had to speak my mind.

sal12

Jazakallhu khayran
Thanx for showing me the evidence. It wont cause a debate, i don't plan to marry a christian or jew because im a sister anyway! :blackhijab:

Ma'asalama

Doris

Alaykumu salam ua rahmatullah,

It is allowed for the men to marry women who are not muslims, but still nowdays is not very advisible. They could do to you many unknown things. For example take to church your kids meanwhile you are at work until you hear them one day say to you "father may you be blessed by the holy spirit". And above all, men need muslim women to teach their children qur'an and sunnah. This is a very important issue that let alone the disbelieving women cannot do this, but now days even our sisters are having some issues. They teach them some greek aristotle philosophies insdead of Tawheed of Allah, or they have the sabr to teach them who was Mozart the kafir that when he would write his music had to be drunk, or other times he would urinate from his window down in the neighborhood. So our sisters insdead of teaching the children who was Umar ibn Hatab radiallahu anhu have started do other things.

Angela Hillyer

Wa`alaykum salaam.

Men can marry other people of the book. However, women aren't allowed to marry non-Muslim men. Such a marriage is invalid.

Ok thanks for that. But can you explain why muslim women cant marry non muslim men?? and why muslim men can marry non muslim women even if they are of the book.

Salam. Asiya

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
Assalam alaikum,

though it is halal for brothers to marry from the Christian and Jewish faiths, due to the prevailing situation ( so many unmarried sisters ) i feel its better for us brothers to marry our Muslim sisters. this is not a Fatwa, its just my personal opinion. we should help reduce the fitnah in Muslim lands by marrying fellow Muslims.

its nice to come home and be greeted with salam, isn't it? and no matter how good a nonmuslim is she can't be like a Muslim ( in the sight of ALLAH ) even she pleases you.

also i've heard stories of children who were taken to other religons by their mothers after their Muslim fathers passed away. i know this may cause a debate but i just had to speak my mind.

:salam2:

i definitely agree that in this current climate, it would be more beneficial for a muslim man to marry a muslim woman. especially here in america, because there is a huge christian population that doesn't practice their christianity. they have given themselves into all kind of sin. most don't go to church, read, bible or even attend services during the holidays. i've been having a hard time finding a wife as everyone knows, but what's bad is that i wouldn't have a hard time finding an unbelieving woman as a wife. i know that 9 out of 10 of the average american women ( non muslim ) are engaging in illicit relationships. they are so used to these types of relationships that they would be too impatient to wait for marriage before being intimate and at the same time would not be willing to get married as fast as most muslims do, because they have to get to know each other first. in america you date for about 3 or 4 years then plan a wedding 1-2 years in advance. if a muslim man gets involved with a non muslim woman the chances are there will be much fitnah involved.
:wasalam: