Dinosaurs?

Al Qassimi

:salam2:

I have always wondered about dinosaurs, does Allah talk about them in the Quran?

There is proof that they have existed on Earth.

Now I understand Allah created Earth and Universe in 6 Days(Please correct me if I am wrong). So afterwards, did he create dinosaurs? Then Jinn, then Humans?

Please you're thoughts about this.

Sir David

Since Allah is the all mighty, all powerful he could have made the earth and its animals using evolution as all time is under his sway too. If that’s what happened the intermediate steps such as Dinosaurs helped to make up the rocks of the earth.
Not a problem ;-)

hayat_yahya

I have always wondered about dinosaurs, does Allah talk about them in the Quran?

There is proof that they have existed on Earth.

Now I understand Allah created Earth and Universe in 6 Days(Please correct me if I am wrong). So afterwards, did he create dinosaurs? Then Jinn, then Humans?

Please you're thoughts about this.

i was thinking abt them too...:hijabi:

suumaya

Since Allah is the all mighty, all powerful he could have made the earth and its animals using evolution as all time is under his sway too. If that’s what happened the intermediate steps such as Dinosaurs helped to make up the rocks of the earth.
Not a problem ;-)

Salaam

What do you mean He could? Are you doubting that Allah (Ta'alaa) created the Heavens and Earth and everything in it???

Sir David

Thanks For that you are correct I did not question the fact who created this world space and everything just that we do not know how . I put forward an idea as to the how which explained the fossil records .
Many people use the fossil records to explain why they think there is no god I pointed out a major flaw in that argument.

Aapa

Mirajmom
dinosaurs, I think existed before humans. I do not know why there is nothing in the Quran. By the way I am mirajmoms son

Salaam,

While the word "dinosaurs" is a modern word that refers to the gigantic animals that existed perhaps millions of years ago, Allah Almighty referred to all created "beasts" as "dabbah". A "dabbah" in the Noble Quran consists of all animals, including the dinosaurs.

"He created the heavens without any pillars that ye can see; He set on the earth mountains standing firm, lest it should shake with you; and He scattered through it beasts of all kinds. We send down rain from the sky, and produce on the earth every kind of noble creature, in pairs" (31:10)

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Yes, they could talk and one of them was called Earl (you have to be a certain age to get that) ;)

right, I didnt get it :p

So yeh I used to wonder about dinosaurs too, and I decided (I have no factual basis for this view :D) that they were transportation for the Jinn ..cos Jinn used to be the sole inhabitants of the earth waaaay before human beings lived here..right? But all those Jinn back then were destroyed, dinosaurs along with them??

edit..hang on ...how do Jinn get around nowadays then? oops my hypothesis is inherently flawed :confused:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

I just want to thank you guys. My son has decided to become a member of TTi because of this thread. Wait until he reads that they were used for transportation!

Obase

Speaks his mind...
Salaam,

While the word "dinosaurs" is a modern word that refers to the gigantic animals that existed perhaps millions of years ago, Allah Almighty referred to all created "beasts" as "dabbah". A "dabbah" in the Noble Quran consists of all animals, including the dinosaurs.

"He created the heavens without any pillars that ye can see; He set on the earth mountains standing firm, lest it should shake with you; and He scattered through it beasts of all kinds. We send down rain from the sky, and produce on the earth every kind of noble creature, in pairs" (31:10)

Good answer- I think this verse is a sufficient proof.

BrotherZak

Good answer- I think this verse is a sufficient proof.

Let me add shed some light on this topic:

"Has there not been over Man a long period of Time, when he was nothing - (not even) mentioned?"- Al-insan Verse

Commentary: "Implying, according to all the classical commentators, "there has indeed been an immensely long [or "endless"] span of time" - the interrogative particle hal having here the positive meaning of qad. However, this meaning can be brought out equally well by interpolating the word "not"."

So their has been extremely a long time on this earth when man has not existed or as it said in the quran even conceived. Remember scientist estimate the age of the world in the billions so naturally Dinosaurs may fit in the picture. It does not contradict Islam at all. Remember we are commanded to by Allah to go out into the world and see the Signs of God in all things and to be of the people of Akl or understanding. Whatever result we get in Paleontology does not contradict islam at all...