Where are the Old ones gone?

bintul islam

biz musulmanikh
oh my name wasn't on that list, guess Im not an old one then, or maybe coz I always find another side to a story. As some of you already said, whatever someone says, the others are ready to pounce at it and shred it into pieces, I agree, arguing is not good, but at the same time, it's good to express your views, even if that means you stand all alone. The views of the threads we get are based upon what we read-the literal words-so if there are some hidden meanings, then of course there will be confusion.
I keep saying to myself I will log on only to post Islamic hadiths and ayats but then I get lured into meaningless conversations.
Inshala after reading this thread, I will restrict my threads and replies to only, restrictly only, what is based upon the Quran and sunnah, no personal opinions, experiences, feelings, no nothing.
Thanks for opening my eyes

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Assalam aleikum Noorah, i would defineltly class you as one of the Old Ones :)
I miss Amy as well..:(

Hager, i know sister..i've been quite busy :)

As for the brother: i didn't use a list..except for 2 or 3 :)..

Appa BK

Muslimah Light
Concerned

:salam2: brothers and sisters of TTI.

In the time that I have been on this site, I have grown to love it, so much so that I stay logged on the WHOLE day... :)

The Mohabbat (love) between Muslims here simply filled me with absolute joy, and I have learned so many things and have been in contact with amazing people especially these last couple of weeks when I REALLY had a VERY difficult time ALHAMDUDILLAH, many people here have shown me support and have given me a wonderful sense of belonging that I treasure so dearly in my heart....

Sister Libin's post has a VERY good intention too it and I think its wonderful because she has shown a sense of care towards friends and contacts that she has made here :mashallah: may ALLAH (SWT) reward you well.

I dont remember in any Hadith were the Prophet (SAW) or his companions ever used harsh words with each other, sometimes it saddens me that words like grow up is used, please make me maaf if I am offending anyone its not my intention. The beauty of Islaam is a Mu'meens gentleness, and encouraging words, kidness and love for a fellow Muslim, no matter what the next persons tone, statements or remarks might be.
Its sheer charateristics of kufaar to deal with their kind with harshness, arrogance, intolerance and abruptness.

I hope that I have not offended anyone in this post if I have please make me maaf as it was not my intention, I was just concerned at the lack of Islamic ettiquete that are between the brothers and sisters lately...
May Allah (SWT) increase us all in Imaan and Taqwaa... Insha'Allah... Ameen

Ma'asalaama...:)

dianek

Alhamdulileh YOU'RE back :)

I was surprised to come here and see my name there.

I was away for a few months and just came back recently. I needed a break.

I am fairly busy with school and the kids but do try to come every now and then...I am sad to say that I have been a bit disappointed with TTI lately since I've gotten back.

It seems that whenever someone post a new thread others are ready to pounce like waiting tigers...there is a lot of misunderstandings, accusations, and just plain heated debates for no apparent reason.

I think that people skim through threads without fully understanding the point the person is trying to make, then post a somewhat negative or accusatory comment and all the others just follow in line.

I posted one yesterday and had to ask for it to be deleted right away because I was completely misunderstood and it was about to snowball into a HUGE debate over Ahadiths for no reason. No one but Joannacyb and mirajmom got what I was trying to say. I think??

ANyway, you didn't ask all that did you? :D

Well, I am happy to see you back and I hope and pray that you are in the best of health and Imaan. May Allah shower you with mercy and blessings!

Ma Salaama

Salaam Sis!!!!! You know I got your back on that one!!!!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

So lets try again. Let us gain the energy to post appropriate, educational, and loving posts in an Islamic manner remembering the Prophet always used good manners. I know I miss posting and I promise, InshaAllah to post more: thought provoking insightful thoughts. ( I am very tired at the end of the day after spending time with the kuffir. It takes me a while to get centered).
Where did our humor go? Muslims do have a sense of humor.

Targamh

i am new here but i ve been a visiter since 2006 ..
but is ok i am out of the list :) ..
maybe i will on it oneday..
about the arguments in the threads ..
i think we should be care with our posts and choose them carefully ..
that is the best way ..
hope you will take a look at the translated Arabic movies i have worked on :SMILY346::
The first video: "Where is your Heart? very touching
The second Video: " Day of Judgment" a kind of reminder :blackhijab:
The Third Video:" Righteousness towards Parents" very very touching ..

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?p=171757#post171757

together we stand :)
:salam2:

Nazihah

Be A Stranger
:salam2: brothers and sisters of TTI.

In the time that I have been on this site, I have grown to love it, so much so that I stay logged on the WHOLE day... :)

The Mohabbat (love) between Muslims here simply filled me with absolute joy, and I have learned so many things and have been in contact with amazing people especially these last couple of weeks when I REALLY had a VERY difficult time ALHAMDUDILLAH, many people here have shown me support and have given me a wonderful sense of belonging that I treasure so dearly in my heart....

Sister Libin's post has a VERY good intention too it and I think its wonderful because she has shown a sense of care towards friends and contacts that she has made here :mashallah: may ALLAH (SWT) reward you well.

I dont remember in any Hadith were the Prophet (SAW) or his companions ever used harsh words with each other, sometimes it saddens me that words like grow up is used, please make me maaf if I am offending anyone its not my intention. The beauty of Islaam is a Mu'meens gentleness, and encouraging words, kidness and love for a fellow Muslim, no matter what the next persons tone, statements or remarks might be.
Its sheer charateristics of kufaar to deal with their kind with harshness, arrogance, intolerance and abruptness.

I hope that I have not offended anyone in this post if I have please make me maaf as it was not my intention, I was just concerned at the lack of Islamic ettiquete that are between the brothers and sisters lately...
May Allah (SWT) increase us all in Imaan and Taqwaa... Insha'Allah... Ameen

Ma'asalaama...:)

:salam2: Sis,

Very wise words. Thank you and thank you again.
Jazakallahu khair.

P.S to all: Please please. Harsh words hurts.

Sulikha

Tawakal-Allal-Allah

Welcome! sister libin :hearts: I am around mainly I read some ofthe posts . I also hope to see the old good postes again. inshaAllah.

:wasalam:

warda A

Sister
FRIENDS

Friends come and go and new ones are created, it is the circle of life and iam glad of all the friends i have here, the old and new.
But we still need those old members to show us the way around.
And i agree with everyone,maybe we should go back and read the rules of the website once again.
Inshallah everyone will get to the basics

May Allah have mercy on all of us and guide us to the righteous way. Ameen

Attachments

• friendshiph0011.JPG
    friendshiph0011.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 14

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

Welcome back sister Libin, actually I got confused (when I first saw Libinette) but later on realised that you are sister Libin, the very same sister. Though I am not included in the list but am old enough :)

I agree with many members here that we are falling apart and I think our problem lies in forgetting that the people do get disheartened and discouraged if hikmah and politeness is missing and that a little humour never hurts.

Allah SWT tells us by the way of telling his Prophet SAW,
And by the Mercy of Allâh, you dealt with them gently. And had you been severe and harsh¬hearted, they would have broken away from about you; so pass over (their faults), and ask (Allâh's) Forgiveness for them; and consult them in the affairs. Then when you have taken a decision, put your trust in Allâh, certainly, Allâh loves those who put their trust (in Him). (159)
Aal-e-Imran

Allah SWT tells us in another place,
Indeed in the Messenger of Allâh (Muhammad SAW) you have a good example to follow for him who hopes for (the Meeting with) Allâh and the Last Day and remembers Allâh much. (21)
Al-Ahzab
One of the examples that I can instantly think of about him (SAW) being polite, understanding and wise while correcting mistakes of his followers is this hadith of Ahmad.
Ahmad (21708) narrated that Abu Umaamah said: A young man came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said, “O Messenger of Allaah, give me permission to commit zina.” The people turned to him to rebuke him, saying, “Shh, shh.” (The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)) said, “Come here.” So he came close to him and he told him to sit down. He said, “Would you like that for your mother?” He said, “No, by Allaah, may I be sacrificed for you.” He said, “Nor do people like it for their mothers.” He said, “Would you like it for your daughter?” He said, “No, by Allaah, may I be sacrificed for you.” He said, “Nor do people like it for their daughters.” He said, “Would you like it for your sister?” He said, “No, by Allaah, may I be sacrificed for you.” He said, “Nor do people like it for their sisters.” He said, “Would you like it for your paternal aunt?” He said, “No, by Allaah, may I be sacrificed for you.” He said, “Nor do people like it for their paternal aunts.” He said, “Would you like it for your maternal aunt?” He said, “No, by Allaah, may I be sacrificed for you.” He said, “Nor do people like it for their maternal aunts.” Then he placed his hand on him and said, “O Allaah, forgive his sin, purify his heart, and guard his chastity.” And after that, this young man never did anything.
Al-‘Iraaqi said in Takhreej Ahaadeeth al-Ihya’: Ahmad narrated this with a jayyid isnaad whose men are the men of saheeh.
May Allah forgive us all and unite us and make us follow the uswah of the Prophet SAW to our best.

samiha

---------
Staff member

Sis, I meant to reply to you on the other thread! Subhan'allah I know we havent quite been in touch. :( Just I'm literally stealing time on TTI, much rather being able to do other things.

Time is an insanity factor these days, so it's been inconsistant. I'm even being very lazy about responding to PMs and emails. But I havent forgotten you!!!

:D You should check our page sis ;) Isra has so kindly named me a chicken and it's just funny.

Now to get to a tad bit of the serious side of this thread. I realize what you mean, as do many of our members. It's weird how I made a whole rant on this elsewhere, I guess I'll just put it. It was directed at the Mods mainly but I think it applies to all of us so i'll change it a bit :)

Bismillah

Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barkatuhu out to ALL my brother and sisters,

I just wanted to make a new thread. :D No no, it's not just that.

It's just that as I was looking at the forum page I noticed all the green among the oranges and deciding to count, saw perhaps there were about 17 Mods online today.

It made me think of beginnings, of change, of results and of the future. Ever have that flashback? Not just on TTI and how it's changed over time, from a few brothers and sisters to all of us as we are now, :) of people coming and going, of everything that has occured and are yet to happen. A future of paths, open... we make what we will.

A blank canvas waiting for paint. :D I may be just rambling away, as I'm slightly under the weather. But that's not what I'm driving at. I mean, at one point I remember if we had 6/7 Mods online at the same time it was a celebration subhan'allah, now we are all over and though we may not be online at the same time we have double more that online :) Masha'allah. I remember a few groups of Users who came to TTI were active and then left as they came, on with their lives, in their paths... May Allah bless them in it.

It's as if life and community being brought down to names and dates and numbers and registrations. I mean in some ways TTI is as alive and real as any community in society. We have the same disputes in opinions, and range of knowledge and types of people who are found within it. Only we have ban options here ;) which is much more difficult in a real community.

It being thus, gives us responsibilitiy, and to fuel that responsibility is our need to also improve.... and there is no end to that!!! All the knowledge in the world and time and ability its all ... there and yet its never easy but it is our need and with everything going backwards it's the only way forward.

All the misguidance and misunderstandings, stemming from different roots can only be corrected by returning to the truth (or getting a brainwashing machine, hooking up all the correct information and going BAM BAM BAM... anyone up for it?). Then the definition of truth and reliabitly is also difficult.

If anyone is wondering what I'm driving at right now, it would be a really good question, if I had the answer. I dont know I just felt like I had to say something.... :muslim_child: seeing all my brothers and sisters online made me happy and also sad, thinking of change in our lives and all that has come and will be and we dont know about, and how we have to improve in the people we are and the things we know in order to be able to combat it and defeat it. Made me think how we are close yet so dependent upon each other here, I mean... in the sense that if anyone of us died, hardly would another know it, if one of us were sick or disappeared, who would tell? Our knowledge of each other is bound here, but knowledge of Islam is not.

So what I have learned from each of you, what I have improved in and had my eyes opened to, for all the good times, I thank you all. May Allah reward and bless you ALL in whatever paths you take in the future and whichever way you choose to go.

In this world we may never meet, but May Allah grant us all paradise and allow us to meet there...

'Scuze for my rant .... :shymuslima1:

wasalam

I think a few cycles have come and gone, and we have altered in the process as our community grows larger. But we have to remember that we are Muslims, the best of nations, and that our behaivors and attitudes should be more exemplary than any others.

Somtimes I think if we took two extra seconds to read what someone writes, we'd understand it better. If we gave them that one benefit of the doubt rather than accuse or even make apparant which has no reason to be. As those who hide a Muslims fault in this world will have their own fault covered on the Day of Judgement.

I value all our sweet members, past and present... though I too feel lost nowadays sometimes. Before I could tell you about most active members, about them etc now...not so much, but alhamdulillah, once I get time I would like to get to know you better insha'allah.

wasalam

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic

Welcome back little Sis!!

Thanks for remembering us.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said:

“The believers with respect to one another are like a building, each one lending support to the whole.”

[Sahîh al-Bukhârî and Sahîh Muslim]