i have problems

Imad

Assalamoelaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh,

I have problems with people who translate the name
" Allah" into "God", because Allah is not the arabic word for god. The arabic word for god is Illah.
Allah is the name of God who is the only One who has the right to be worshipped.

Illah is something that is worshipped. Allah is worshipped, but there are also other things which are worshipped.

The people in arabia who where polytheists called their gods "Alliha", which is the plural form of "Illah". They had differend names for their gods.

But when this polytheists were asked who is the One who created the Heavens and the earth, they said "Allah".

وَلَئِن سَأَلْتَهُم مَّنْ خَلَقَ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضَ وَسَخَّرَ الشَّمْسَ وَالْقَمَرَ لَيَقُولُنَّ اللَّهُ فَأَنَّى يُؤْفَكُونَِ

See 29:61

They didn't say it's my "illah" Hubal, or Oza

So this means they knew Allah is the One who created the heavens and the earth, but they worshipped other things next Allah. That's why they are polytheists.

If someone does not understand what i have written, please ask. And also if you want to say iam wrong, you have the right to say this.

Wassalamoelaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh

BrotherZak

I have problems with people who translate the name
" Allah" into "God", because Allah is not the arabic word for god. The arabic word for god is Illah.
Allah is the name of God who is the only One who has the right to be worshipped.

Illah is something that is worshipped. Allah is worshipped, but there are also other things which are worshipped.

The people in arabia who where polytheists called their gods "Alliha", which is the plural form of "Illah". They had differend names for their gods.

But when this polytheists were asked who is the One who created the Heavens and the earth, they said "Allah".

وَلَئِن سَأَلْتَهُم مَّنْ خَلَقَ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضَ وَسَخَّرَ الشَّمْسَ وَالْقَمَرَ لَيَقُولُنَّ اللَّهُ فَأَنَّى يُؤْفَكُونَِ

See 29:61

They didn't say it's my "illah" Hubal, or Oza

So this means they knew Allah is the One who created the heavens and the earth, but they worshipped other things next Allah. That's why they are polytheists.

If someone does not understand what i have written, please ask. And also if you want to say iam wrong, you have the right to say this.

Wassalamoelaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh

Good point.

Sabra

Salaam,

I agree. I even have a hard time saying God, when I am reading translations.
I prefer to say Allah(swt), in reading or speaking. I am still learning Arabic, though even the word God, does not compare to saying Allah(swt).

Salaams

Abel213

OP makes a good point and you can only translate Allah into God if you are referring to the God of Abraham.I really like to say that I am honoring the Creator because I think it just sums up everything.

shahsanober

assalamualikum brother/sister

A very good post.Brother/sister i want to add one thing,i have seen lot of people writing Allah from small a (allah).so please when u write Allah remember this.

Wasalam

El Gordito

strength thru faith
Al - Illah = Allah (swt) ?

i think i read that soemwhere... so instead of translating into god it is translated into "The God"....

am i wrong?

but you are right .. many people will deny worshipping many gods, but they still live their lives in pursuit of worldy pleasures, money, fine clothes, fast cars.... and put these things first...

they need to ask themselves that... what do i put first in my life?

Do i wake up thankful for a new day and ready for Fajr with Niyah... or do i wake up dreaming of my BMW with new rims? or do i wake up planning on making overtime money so i can buy new Michael Jordan sneakers?

GAZIJA

Staff member
Esselamu Aleikum

That is good point. But try to explain Allah to some christian, and break it down to the minings, then you will have problem?

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member

وَلَئِن سَأَلْتَهُم مَّنْ خَلَقَ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضَ وَسَخَّرَ الشَّمْسَ وَالْقَمَرَ لَيَقُولُنَّ اللَّهُ فَأَنَّى يُؤْفَكُو

Yes, they believed that it was Allah who created the heavens and the Earth...So they didn't do shirk in Rububiyah(that is Allah being Rabb of the Universe)

But, their problem was they did Shirk in Uluhiyah or shirk in Worship...(That is associating others in worship of Allah).

So, even though they believed that Allah was Rabb, they worshipped the idols.

Many mushriks even today say that, just try asking them they will "I believe that God created all this"...and then will go and worship idols.

Bothers and sisters, we should know what is Tawheed to identify the shirk....Please see the below thread:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104

aishah_2304m

peace lover
asalamualikyum wr wb brother....dis s ver similar to a question asked by a lady in a lecture- "Is Quran the god's word?" by dr.zakir naik ...masha Allah da lecture waz amazin...

da significance of da word Allah s dat u cannot add anythin 2 it as in u can't make it plural or masculine or feminine or etc (referring to surah-Al ikhlas).... but u can do soo wid da word god....

u may as well c dat lecture to clear ur queries further more....jazaaq Allah khair.

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
That is very interesting. I am taking an Arabic class and that is the way they said it. I honest thought that Allah was God in Arabic. But thanks!

Imad

Some of you have given me some questions.

1)- is Allah "The God"?
2)- But try to explain Allah to some christian, and break it down to the minings, then you will have problem?

answer 1: Allah is de name of our Lord. In every language His name is Allah, you cann't translate this name into God or the God.

The word God is in france: Dieu

Do you think that you are able to translate Allah into
le Dieu?

Does your name is perserved in all languages or it's translated into something else?

Answer 2: No it's very easy, they know that the creator is Allah, like the arab polytheists. But the big problem they have is : The trinity, so they worship also jesus .
Arab christians also call Allah "Allah" and not God.

Read the Quraan and you have your answers, because they are clearly facts.

Allah says:

وَلاَ تَقُولُواْ ثَلاَثَةٌ انتَهُواْ خَيْرًا لَّكُمْ إِنَّمَا اللّهُ إِلَـهٌ وَاحِدٌ

see 4:171

And more verses.

Of course there will be people who don't believe that Allah is the creator, because they think it's the god of the muslims or he is a moon god or something like that.

Do you know what the problem is with this people, they don't know anything about islam.... and maybe they don't know so much about their own christian religion...they have to study.

Wassalamoelaikoem warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

massi

:salam2:
by the way it's Allaah not Allah because there is shada on L what's mean you spell it stronger الله :)