middle-east-rule

human_being

:salam2:
brothers and sister's, there is a lot of discrimination going on dubai, or they dont like peoples with hiv/aids. As far as i know if any body wants to work and live in dubai, he/she have to get tested if becomes positive then they reject your application and not allow to enter into country. Whereas dubai is a place where alot of stuff is going on everything so basically they donot like the peoples who are not arabic. OR my understanding is wrong.
Whereas europe countries if you want to go and work for them, they will only test you for TB, nothing else.

Now if you think that disease are less in dubai, how ? because every bad thing is happening ?

louly_sweet

Sub Han Allah
Salam dear sis/bro,
sorry I don't know whether u are a male or a female.
this is so unfair. iI hope things get better for you, in shaa Allah.
Salam

Amir_of_spain

Ive read and seen alot about dubai. Dubai is unique in that its dictatorship (ruling family) has a urge to turn the country around turning it from a backwards, uneducated, failing, undeveloped arab state into a modern city which is progressive and equal if not better than the developed countries of the west. This is unique as the other arab states do not possess the necessary governments or leadership to take their countries into such innovative directions. So when it comes to work, there is a social system there, they dont mind non arabic workers however they grade them according to their work function ie westerners prefered most, followed by those from developing countries. As for the hiv issue, its just a decision by the minister of health, since dubai has a low population density it makes sense to be more tough in the areas of infection control.

q8penpals

Salam

Kuwait does the same thing, and they include heptitis as well. The funny thing is that it only affects foreigners who are first arriving - you only get tested right away. So, if you go on a trip, visit a prostitute or are otherwise unsafe and contract any of these diseases, you can fly back in and spread it around. And Kuwaitis are never checked, so it is just discriminatory.

In Kuwait, the AIDS patients are cared for in the mental hospitals with medical treatment...*sigh* It is the year 2008 and some people think the disease is still only in gay people. It was only a couple years ago that Kuwait even admitted there were people with AIDS in Kuwait.

There is no education in any of the schools in Kuwait about such diseases, so the upcoming generation of kids will be highly uninformed about such things (and therefore, how to avoid such things).

Lana

Rivergirl

Ive read and seen alot about dubai. Dubai is unique in that its dictatorship (ruling family) has a urge to turn the country around turning it from a backwards, uneducated, failing, undeveloped arab state into a modern city which is progressive and equal if not better than the developed countries of the west. This is unique as the other arab states do not possess the necessary governments or leadership to take their countries into such innovative directions. So when it comes to work, there is a social system there, they dont mind non arabic workers however they grade them according to their work function ie westerners prefered most, followed by those from developing countries. As for the hiv issue, its just a decision by the minister of health, since dubai has a low population density it makes sense to be more tough in the areas of infection control.

i have always found Dubai interesting, that somehow it was heading for the direction of the west, i have been brought up in the UK and still find it amazing that countries like Dubai, Turkey and Egypt strive to be like the west, what is going on in the world, Islamic law, the shariah and everything makes complete and utter sense and still countries who should be proud of their heritage are becoming more and more like tourist places!!!
:wasalam:

Faiza619

Strangers on earth
Salam

Kuwait does the same thing, and they include heptitis as well. The funny thing is that it only affects foreigners who are first arriving - you only get tested right away. So, if you go on a trip, visit a prostitute or are otherwise unsafe and contract any of these diseases, you can fly back in and spread it around. And Kuwaitis are never checked, so it is just discriminatory.

In Kuwait, the AIDS patients are cared for in the mental hospitals with medical treatment...*sigh* It is the year 2008 and some people think the disease is still only in gay people. It was only a couple years ago that Kuwait even admitted there were people with AIDS in Kuwait.

There is no education in any of the schools in Kuwait about such diseases, so the upcoming generation of kids will be highly uninformed about such things (and therefore, how to avoid such things).

Lana

Sister Lana, i think that is spread around all the Arab countries
It is there in Yemen too.
Some few years back they used to jail anybody found with HIV but nowadays they just hide them and give them advise.
They dont teach the young generation how what they need to know about it
:wasalam:

:salam2: I disagree that dubai does not allow non arabs to settle there. 13% of the population is non arab and non muslim. As far as hiv is concerened i dont know about that.