I need some help in my faith please

Salam111

Salam, I am a revert to Islam and have been Muslim for about 1 1/2 years. I will have to say that I am struggling in my faith. I feel so alone where I live because there is no support from other Muslims. The only place I have to turn to is all of you.

It seems everyone is against Islam. When I try to teach Islam to others online I always get negative comments. My mother is trying to push me away from Islam and even tells my daughter to pray to Jesus (peace upon him)because he is who answers her prayers. Also, I am married to a non-Muslim.

It is just all too much for me to handle. I don't like feeling this way but I am having so much doubt. I went from a strong Muslimah to weak in my faith. I think what made it worse is that I read stories from those who left Islam. I know this is a bad idea I should have never went to that site. What I can't understand is some of the violence in the Quran as well as the Bible. Please I need advice and a lot of prayer brothers and sisters. Thanks:tti_sister:

nizar83

SELEMU ALEIKUM

Salam, I am a revert to Islam and have been Muslim for about 1 1/2 years. I will have to say that I am struggling in my faith. I feel so alone where I live because there is no support from other Muslims. The only place I have to turn to is all of you.

It seems everyone is against Islam. When I try to teach Islam to others online I always get negative comments. My mother is trying to push me away from Islam and even tells my daughter to pray to Jesus (peace upon him)because he is who answers her prayers. Also, I am married to a non-Muslim.

It is just all too much for me to handle. I don't like feeling this way but I am having so much doubt. I went from a strong Muslimah to weak in my faith. I think what made it worse is that I read stories from those who left Islam. I know this is a bad idea I should have never went to that site. What I can't understand is some of the violence in the Quran as well as the Bible. Please I need advice and a lot of prayer brothers and sisters. Thanks:tti_sister:

selemu aleikum sister..

i will start with giving you a big amount of respect for even reverting,,that must be a hard thing to do when you are a child of christian fam or other..
mashallah you are a strong wise sister.and surely ALLAH will reward you for this inshalah.

let me tell you something, ALLAH subhana wata3ala tests our faith especially the first period after having taken the shahaada.
sometimes very very hard, like you are experiencing right now...if you get trough this...surely you wont have to battle such problems anymore in your life.

dont let shaitaan trick you into doing things that are probably going to add to your struggle..like 4 example visiting sites where ex muslims come to make theirselves feel comfortable with what they have done ( givin up after being tested).,...im sure you arent that weak

as far as you feeling alone goes,and you having no 1 to share with u in your struggle..i can only say as a muslim or muslima you have always someone close to you to help you and guide you..dont ever think or get the idea you are alone in this..surely allah subhana wata3ala notices your every struggle..and surely you will be rewarded very much for this...soo much even you would wish for another struggle so that you may gain more rewards.

we are here on tti to help eachother fi sabeel Allah..to please allah with our deeds...
please sister remember to read ahadieth and to recite quraan..talking to other converts in here whom probably have been through the same thing you are right now...or even worse..they could help you get trough things inshallah..please sister...dont give up..remember what struggles the prophets had to go trough to be able to deliver us this beautifull religion..
be strong sister remember la ilaha ila allah!!:SMILY346:

OsMaN_93

Here to help
plz rememba' sis ;

ALLAH is aLawys WITH YOU AS LONG as you believe and put yr trust in HIM

first ,welcome to the site.. you have deffo chosen the right place Alhamdulelah (TTI)
mashallah u have chosen the right path too !! :)
second,islam teaches us to have sabbr .allmost every muslim has hard times
sis trust me and every muslim ISLAM is the right path.. why do you think many people are embracing it then ???? ther yuu go think bwt that
and tell yr daughter NOT to pray to jesus .. depending on hw old she is you should explain why :)...or if she is young dont go into much detail as she might get all confused..
teach her to pray and INSHALLAH she will be the best of girls:D
thirdly. you need to pray ,if you fear Allah and dont wana go to hell ..you will pray and worship him in the best of ways..
i kinda had same problemo but when i joined ere i started to get more closer to Allah and understand more .. u used to have some doubts about islam*astagfrAllah*
especially from that youtube.com website:mad:
this website is fot people who have nothing to do in life (age 14-30)
and jz waste it on Junk ...
"a GOLden rule : do not spend too much time on these websites.. "eg(google,youtube ..etc..
and about the last bit about violence *confused HUH* dont gfet wat u mean
:salam2:

abdellah007

there has never been violence in the QURAN or the BIBLE. the bible had been changed and the quran is misunderstood.

try brother to strengh ur faith step by step and ignore those who are against islam in these websites.

pray for ur mom,wife and ur daughter for guidance insha allah. we can all learn from YUSUF ESTES story and how his whole family become muslims.

wassalam

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
Sister,

Please donot loose hope. We are all humans our faith increases and decreases. If it was constant we would become angels!

Alhamdulillah! you have realised that and are trying to increase it It very positive sign.

You have come to the right place.
There are lot revert sisters on this forum. Probably they have also gone through same thing. PM them and inshaAllah...they can help you. And knows there might be one near you...InshaAllah.

- How about watching some videos of people who have accepted Islam?
- Could you please quote verses which you think(or that site says) are violent in Quran...InshaAllah we will take from there.

Imad

Salaam Walaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh,

You have mentioned some factors which insha Allah i want to clarify.

This factors are:

- Watching video's of some people who left islam
- The environment ( like mother, husband, etc..)
- Your understanding/interpretation of the Quraan

video's:

One of the main reason why some people left islam is ignorance and love for this dunya (money). I myself have watched some video's, really believe me.....so much ignorance and love for dunya. i have heard differend storied about jesus ( peace be upon him) who showed himself to them, who cured them when they were sick.

environment:

You have a bad environment, i am sorry to say this, but in my opnion it's the truth. My advice to you is to seek a good environment.

understanding/interpretation:

You have problems with interpretatin of the Quran. If you have any verse which you have problems with, pleasse post this verse and we will give you the right explanation insha Allah.

That was also my advice to some reverts. They can take you as an example regarding my advice in having you own interpretation of the quran. There is no violence in the quraan.

If you think there is violence, please post the verse.

Of course i wil do dua for you

Wassalmoelaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh

shahsanober

assalamualikum sister

Sister i feel so sorry for u. I know it's very hard in ur country to find muslim friends.sister i can't give u the answers but just want to say be strong and make alot of dua for yourself.:tti_sister:and please don;t go fast,i mean go step by step and don;t make burden on yourself.i know this will not help u but i'm sure that sister and brother on tti help u more

Wasalam

salahdin

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

Asalama aleikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu sister ,All praise is for ALLAH. WE PRAISE HIM , AID SEEK HIS HELP AND FORGIVENESS. WHOMEVER ALLAH GIUDES, CANNOT BE LEAD ASTRAY AND WHOMEVER ALLAH MISGUIDES NONE CAN GUIDE HIM

SUPPLICATIN for one afflicted with doubt in his/her faith .His/her should seek refuge in Allah.He/she should renounce that which is causing doubt.
(He/she should say AMANTU BILLAAHI WA RASULIHI.
He / she should also recite the following verse.
HUWALA- AWWALU WAL AAKHIRU WAZ-ZAAHIRU WAL BAATINU , WA HUWA BIKULLI SHAI IN ALEEM.
He is the first and He is the last. He is AZ-ZAAHIR (The Manifest One) AND AL-BAATIN (The Hidden One) AND HE KNOWS WELL ALL THE THINGS.)

"There is a polish for everything that takes away rust; and the polish for the heart is the remembrance of Allah." (Bukhari).He who said Subhan'allah (Glory be to Allah) at the rear of each prayer thirty three times and thanked God thirty three times and performed takbir (Said Allahu Akbar: Greatest is Allah) thirty three times, and said there is no god but Allah nor he has a partner, his is the Mulk (All that is) and to him is Gratitude and he capable of everything, his transgressions would be forgiven even if they were as much as sea froth). Transmited by Muslim ibn al-Hajjaj

"If you put your whole trust in Allah, as you ought, He most certainly will satisfy your needs, as He satisfies those of the birds. They come out hungry in the morning, but return full to their nests." (Tirmidhi)

"Verily, a man teaching his child manners is better than giving one bushel of grain in alms." (Muslim)

He, who wishes to enter paradise at the best gate, must please his father and mother." (Bukhari & Muslim)

dear sister i for one dont see any singel violence in the holy QURAN.All i see is the law of ALLAH S.W.T being reminded to mankind,Be strong you know down deeply that this is the true religion. Just remember when you became muslim ,was the feelings not peaceful, did you not get calm mind, were you not happy with your new religion if the answer is yes why doubt?. And all those who who left Islam they did it for money(propaganda) and turn muslims image to a bad religion so that those whose faith are weak may turn away from islam thats all they want.

O you who believe, whoever of you becomes a rebel against his deen (know that in his place) Allah will bring a people whom He loves and who love Him, humble towards the believers, harsh towards the disbelievers, fighting in the way of Allah, and not fearing the blame of anyone who blames."

(Qur'an, Al-Maidah 5:54)

BE strong sister and dont let shaitan come between you and your faith he will do anything to acheive his goal. i leave you with this

Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) speaking on the futility of this world and the reality of the Akhirah said:

* This world is a prison for the Mu'min and a paradise for the kaafir.
* I do not fear poverty for you. But, I fear that the world will become prosperous for you as it became prosperous for those before you. Then you will rush into it as those before you rushed into it It will then ruin you as it ruined those before you.
* Stay on earth as if you are a forlorn person (alone and lost) or like a traveler.

Salam111

Thanks

:hijabi:Thanks to each of you who have replied. May Allah bless you all. As for the Quran verses here are some I have questions about. Thanks

"As to the thief, Male or female, cut off his or her hands: a punishment by way of example, from Allah, for their crime: and Allah is Exalted in power." - Quran 5:38

Surah 4:34

Surah 2:190

Surah 2:191

Surah 2:216

Surah 4:74 :hijabi:

*Saniyah*

ukhtikum fillaah
Salaam Walaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh,

You have mentioned some factors which insha Allah i want to clarify.

This factors are:

- Watching video's of some people who left islam
- The environment ( like mother, husband, etc..)
- Your understanding/interpretation of the Quraan

video's:

One of the main reason why some people left islam is ignorance and love for this dunya (money). I myself have watched some video's, really believe me.....so much ignorance and love for dunya. i have heard differend storied about jesus ( peace be upon him) who showed himself to them, who cured them when they were sick.

environment:

You have a bad environment, i am sorry to say this, but in my opnion it's the truth. My advice to you is to seek a good environment.

understanding/interpretation:

You have problems with interpretatin of the Quran. If you have any verse which you have problems with, pleasse post this verse and we will give you the right explanation insha Allah.

That was also my advice to some reverts. They can take you as an example regarding my advice in having you own interpretation of the quran. There is no violence in the quraan.

If you think there is violence, please post the verse.

Of course i wil do dua for you

Wassalmoelaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh

as salaamu aleikum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakatuh

Masha'Allaah brother Imad, very true.

Many of those videos are actually made up...with some bad actors, I mean come on...everyone who knows basics of Islam can tell you that we don't say taslim to the left side first!:rolleyes:
I'm also a revert and finding out that these videos are fake only increased my faith, because Christians need to lie and go this far to spread their falsehood. Same they do with "Furqan" and printing some phrases in arabic caligraphy which include some shirk only to decieve muslims.

Sister Salaam111 should definitely change the environment, including separating from a non-muslim husband and finding a pious muslim insha'Allaah ta'ala.

meer suhail

ILM seeker

ok ,so here is answer no #1
4:34
follow the link
http://www.islamtomorrow.com/articles/women_treatment.htm

2nd
2:190. And fight in the Way of Allâh[1] those who fight you, but transgress not the limits. Truly, Allâh likes not the transgressors.

The Historic Context and the Nature of the Holy Quran

The Holy Quran comprises of revelations from God to Prophet Muhammad over a period of twenty three years (610 C.E. – 632 C.E.). The first 13 years of the prophethood of Muhammad were at his hometown of Makkah (Mecca), where he and his fellow Muslims were severely persecuted by the pagans of Makkah. During that time, Muslims were not ordered to fight back, but bear the persecutions. Finally, God ordered the Prophet and his fellow Muslims (known as Sahabah) to emigrate to the city of Madinah, about 400 kilometers away.

This emigration, known as the Hijrah, marked the beginning of an Islamic society in Madinah, in which the Prophet became the head of the state. It was not long before the polytheists of Makkah marched towards Madinah to wage war against Muslims and destroy the Islamic state of Madinah. This battle is known as the Battle of Badr. The verses 2.190-2.194, were perhaps the first injunctions from God to Muslims to prepare themselves for fighting. It was obviously a war in the defense of their homeland and their Faith.

In verse 2.190, God instructs Muslims to fight back, but not to transgress, and remain just even during the battle( Self defence ). "They are told that material interests should not be the motivation for their fighting, that they should not take up arms against those were not in opposition to the true faith, that they should not resort to unscrupulous methods or to the indiscriminate killing and pillage which characterized the other wars. The excesses alluded to in this verse are acts such as taking up arms against women and children, the old and the injured, mutilation of the dead bodies of the enemy, uncalled for devastation through the destruction of fields and livestock, and other similar acts of injustice and brutality.

The Prophet prohibited all these acts. The real intent of the verse is to stress that force should be used only when its use is unavoidable, and only to the extent that is absolutely necessary." (see note 201, page 151, Towards Understanding the Quran, Volume 1)

Commentary on verse 2.192:
God, in whom the believers have faith, is forgiving and ready to pardon even the worst criminals and sinners after they have renounced their arrogant defiance towards Him. It is suggested that this attribute of God should be reflected in the behavior of the believers as well. Hence, whenever the believers have to resort to armed conflict, they should do so not for the sake of quenching their thirst for vengeance but in the just cause of their defense. Their conflict with any group should last only as long as that group is fighting them. As soon as it gives up this fight the hostility should cease. (see (note 203, page 152, as above.)

It should be emphasized that so many revelations in the Holy Quran came down to provide guidance to Prophet Muhammad and the Muslims based on what they were confronting at that time. Therefore, it is important to understand and know the historic context of the revelations for a proper understanding of these verses.

The Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him, was the peace maker of his time. He endured torture, hunger and the killing of his loved ones by his enemies, but he remained a merciful person. In his most startling conquest of Makkah only four people died. In his 23 years of struggle for Islam, the total number of people who lost their lives from all sides was less than 2,000 in wars that were imposed on him and the Muslim community.

Imad

Assalamoelaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh,

Insha Allah i will clarify the verses you have mentioned.

5:38
This verse indicates that Allah wants to stop violence. If people know their hands will be cut of they will never steal. Do you know how many people die because of an attempt of stealing?

Not long ago in holland, some thiefs entered a house of an old lady. She had an heart attack, she died.This verse is not talking about kids who steal candies.
Not every muslim has the right to cut of the hands of thiefs, no...it is only the judge who will judge if someone his hands will be cut of or not. And also keep in mind that the judge will never cut the hands of those who need the food to stay in live. It depends on the situation. So there is no better solution than cutting hands of if you wants to stop the threat of stealing and the consequences of stealing.

4:34
this verse is not talking about violence. You think this verse is talking about mistreating the wive, that's not true. When our prophet has been asked about this verse he took his toothbrush ( miswaak) and said like this. That's also what the scholars of islam say about this verse.
Did you read the way of our prophet about how he treated his wives. He said: " The best among you are the best to their wives". Our prophet (peace be upon him) understood the Quran better than you and me, so why not studying his sunna? So there is no violence in this verse, but a good solution which will stop someone divorcing or mistreating his wive.

2:190
2:191
2:216
4:74

The verses are not talking about violence...they are talking about stopping the violence. If they see you are weak and cann't defend yourself, they will kill you and eradicate the whole islam and muslims. But Allah gave us the right to defend ourself and to stop the violence against muslims. But if we are the one who are strong, we are not allowed to eradicate the other or kill the other without any right.
That's why Allah says clearly in one of the verses you mentioned:

وَلاَ تَعْتَدُواْ إِنَّ اللّهَ لاَ يُحِبِّ الْمُعْتَدِينَِ

Don't transgress the limits, because Allah don't love the one who trangresses the limits. This means if they keep fighting we will fight them. If they want to kill us we have the right to kill them back. But if they stop, we have to stop.
Did you read the biography of the prophet when he entered Mekka. The muslims had a big army, because many people entered islam. The non-muslims in Mekka were surrounded. They thought they will be killed all, because they have killed many muslims. But our prophet forgave them.

So why not studying islam as a whole to understand the Quraan and the sunna? My advice is to study so much as you can. Try and try

If you have any question please ask. also regarding what i have written, you have the right to ask more clarification if you don't understand something.

Wassalamoelaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh

Salam111

To Imad

Imad,
Thank you so much for giving me those explanations. It really helped me to understand better. I have read a lot of the Quran but never any of the Sunnah. To be honest I have no idea where to get the Sunnah. Is there a book of the Sunnah that I can buy? To everyone who posted a comment or private message thank you all so much. You have really stepped up to help a sister. May Allah keep us all in strong faith ameen. :hearts:

Akilah

Hey Sis,

This is definitely a test from Allah. I know right now you are going through something difficult, and even those of us who are raised as Muslims go through this at times. I would advise you to give yourself some "daily vitamins"... basically, find a few hadith that you find really inspiring, or verses from the quran, duaas, nasheeds (islamic songs), video clips and use/read etc. these items daily. Also, finding more material on other people who have reverted to Islam may also help to revive your faith and really get you to appreciate the gift of light that Allah has given you. Truly, I know it is a blessing to revert to Islam and not everyone is so lucky. My mother was a revert, and even I as a raised Muslim who one often assumes should naturally appreciate all aspects of Islam, see so much conviction in her that she is constantly a source of strength for me.

Also, preventg your mother from inciting your daughter to certain religious beliefs, as it is really not her place, and you should try your best to keep your daughter away from her if that is the practice that she wants to engage in. Be firm, and respectful and just tell her straight up that you intend to raise your daughter as a Muslim, and that if she has a problem with that that you are going to limit her time with her and not allow the two of them to be alone together because you cannot trust her. If you find her breaking her trust, then you should not allow your daughter to see her, until she reconciles this matter with you. It is very serious because it is confusing to your daughter and steering her in a direction that is not what Allah intended for her (the whole concept of fitrah is what is key), and moreover, it also defiles your iman and messes you up.

Essentially you need to say to her Surah 109 Al-Kafiroon:
Say: "Disbelievers! I do not worship what you worship nor do you worship what I worship. I shall never worship what you worship You have your own religion and I have mine."

Here are some verses I picked for you sister:hearts:

"With it Allah guides him who will follow His pleasure into the ways of safety and brings them out of utter darkness into light by His will and guides them to the right path. "

"And (know) that this is My path, the right one therefore follow it, and follow not (other) ways, for they will lead you away from His way; this He has enjoined you with that you may guard (against evil). "

"And (as for) those who strive hard for Us, We will most certainly guide them in Our ways; and Allah is most surely with the doers of good. "

"Follow what has been revealed to you from your Lord and do not follow guardians besides Him, how little do you mind."
The Elevated Places Verses #: 3

p.s. Feel free to pm me anytime since there arent sisters near you. I'm in Toronto by the way.

Brotherfaisal

As-salmaulikum

Sister, if you feel you are alone, then I have a suggestion for you.
Why don't you mention which city you stay in. You don't have to give any other private information. If any of the sisters in this forum are from the same city, then perhaps you can exchange emails with that sister and converse privately. It might also help to meet up with that person, if the other person is ok with it.

This is just a suggestion.

May Allah guide you through your hardships.

Allah says:

"Verily, along with every hardship is relief. Verily, Along with every hardship is relief"
[94:5-6]

Scholars say that this means that for every one hardship, there will be two reliefs. So how can one hardship overcome two reliefs?

Allah promises us that after the hardship, He will bless us with two reliefs. So we should bear the stress with patience, and remember to make dua to Allah - for He is able to make anything easy for us.

Below is a dua to Allah, asking him to make things easy for us. Dua is the weapon of the believer, so don't forget about it.

Allahumma la sahla illama ja-'altahu sahla wa anta taj 'alu al hazana etha shi'ta sahla
O Allah! Nothing is easy except what You have made easy.
If You wish, You can make the difficult easy.

JazakAllah Khair

Salam111

Thanks that is a good idea and thanks for the information as well. If anyone is in Ohio or Kentucky USA please contact me.

Mumin01

ASk Allah to always boost your iman in anyway you can, believe me sister always there will be schemes those without faith will use to bring you down, it was done to all the Prophet ( Peace be upon them all) and towards the Muslim ummah, Remember that Islam is the only correct faith, It has to be, no other religion comes with the complete set of morals and ethics that are divinely inspired. Remember all the miralces of the Quran, Remember how Allah created creation to its most finest detail. Remember how just and merciful the prophet PBUH was, Remember that this life is a struggle and Allah places no burden on a soul which it cannot handle

Strive and pray that Allah gives you these words

O self at rest and at peace, return to your Lord, well-pleasing and well-pleased! Enter among My servants! Enter My Paradise. (Surat al-Fajr, 27-30)

Salaam

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum sister Salam111,

I have three points worth mentioning:

1- You posted the following in post #1:

Also, I am married to a non-Muslim.

Please click on the following link and read all of my posts on that thread. These posts discuss the issue of a woman who embraces Islam while her husband is a non Muslim:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3927

2- It would be a good ideo for you to listen to stories of Muslim reverts and the trials they had to face.

Please listen to a lecture given by Abdur Raheem Green [formerly Anthony Green] about how he became a Muslim.

You can listen to his story on the following link:

http://www.islamsgreen.com/talks/canada/islam101_what_it_means_to_be_a_muslim.html

Please listen to both the "Main talk: MP3" and the "Q&A: MP3".

He mentions some of the sins he used to commit while he was a non Muslim. I don't agree with that, since a Muslim should not go around exposing his sins. Still, his main lecture and Q & A session are really worth listening to.

======================

Aminah Assilmi [an American woman who changed her name to a Muslim name] had her young children taken away from her by a Court in America.

Watch this video of her and see what she went through:

[vg]3007125587197317811[/vg]

=====================

May Allah strengthen the faith of Abdur Raheem Green, Aminah Assilmi and yourself -sister Salam111- and reward you all for your endurance and patience.

Aameen

======================

3- I know that you've been a Muslim for over a year now, but I believe it will benefit you greatly to increase your knowledge of Islam.

Please click on the following two links to posts of mine which contain documentaries and books that will be an excellent source of information. Please also read my disclaimers about the documentaries [also found under the video windows of the first link]:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=88428&postcount=5
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=116206&postcount=5

Regards,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum