Still shaken up....

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
:salam2: I hope you're all in the best of health,

Yesterday an incident at my MSA left me and several other sisters very shaken up.

A man posing as a niqabi entered the female section of the MSA and told us that he "wanted to be a sister." He had actually followed another niqabi from the train station and came into the MSA with her. She suspected him of foul play and asked him to remove the niqab. Initially, before admitting that he was a male, a few sisters had suspected that he might be a male based on the fact that he had a very deep voice, refused to show us his face, and carried a very large duffel bag of clothing, including men's deoderant.

At first glance, I, along with several others, was terrified because I really did believe he was threatening as I didnt' know what was in the bag. The entire time he sat there quietly while we interrogated him I felt that he would pull a gun on us or tell us he was going to hold us hostage.

After getting him to admit that he was a male, he showed us his face and I asked him to step outside as it was disrespectful for him to be in the sisters' section to begin with. He was lectured on what the Quran says about gays and about Qadr and the Law of Allah. Despite this, I doubt we really helped him. The brothers decided to take over after that and a short while later, he left.

All of us sisters were extremely shaken up after that and alhamdulillah we're all grateful he didn't harm any of us. However, we're now dealing with the realization that he might have been a pervert looking to spy on hijabis and niqabis within the confines of our MSA space. Another point brought up by another sister was that coincidentally he "invaded" our territory at the very day and time, that all the brothers were at a nearby masjid for the Jumaa prayer. The fact that he might have known that there wouldn't be any men around could possibly have made it easier for him to enter the sister's section.
However, this is just speculation since based on HIS words, he was a born muslim man but wanted to be a sister. Whether this is true, I do not know but if it is inshAllah I hope he finds peace and if it's not and he is a pervert, then my MSA is now on high and vigilant alert lol.

This incident left many of us feeling unsafe and exposed somehow in addition to the fact that we're no longer allowed to consider the MSA our safe haven as many of us once did. And I, for some weird reason, now feel "dirty" even though I know he didn't have time to "watch" any of us as we immediately started interrogating him before he had time to get comfortable in the MSA.

What exactly are we supposed to do in a situation like this where we come across Muslims who want to be the opposite gender but still Muslims? How are we supposed to deal with individuals like this? (The brothers contacted an Imam for instructions on how to proceed with the situation, but I doubt it took them very far since he left not too long after.)

Thanks for listening and please pray that we get our sense of security back.
:wasalam:

OsMaN_93

Here to help
salam
well many lost people are the same ,i guess he is lost :S
lol
wat dos MSA mean ?
thnx 4 sharing waslam

wonnee3

Trying 2 plz ALLAH
As Salaamu Alaykum, Al Hamdulillah that all the sisters were unharmed, maybe the ummah should discuss some brothers around to prevent such things from happening n the future. not 2 sound sexist, but, you sisters r the most vunerable of the ummah, (unless 3 or four go get the 9's and extra clips and stand point) which may be needed. May ALLAH protect all of you and keep you on the siratuul mustaqeem

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
Why are we not happy with the way Allah created us?? Allah created you a man, then what is he saying, Allah made a mistake??:astag:Why are we so unhappy with ourselves?? I don't understand what makes a person thinks this way, its really sick!!
I had an incident when I was in the masjid, and a man dressed as a niqaabi came in, and I thought he was a sister, in the bathroom next to my daughter, ya Allah!! A sister offered her/him lotion because his hands looked a little rough, subhanallah, and that is how we found out she was a he!! The brothers took him out and roughed him up a little. It was very scary, mashallah!! From then on, the sisters who come in with niqaab, has to take it off when she comes in, its mandatory now by the Imam.
This is a crazy world we live in, so we need to be extra careful inshallah. May Allah protect us, Ameen!!:tti_sister:

arabiantxn

May Allah protect my me my family my,my brothers and my sisters.-ameen
--
(not to divert from subject ) i would have asked allah for your protection first but i have read some where that you have to make dua for your self first and then others.
:tti_sister::SMILY346:

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
wonnee3, I COMPLETELY agree with you and you don't sound sexist AT ALL. I actually hope alot of the brothers think like you do in the sense that I do believe that all brothers should look out for their sisters in Islam. I was even thinking that during the incident when all of the brothers were at the masjid and I figured that at least one should stick around but what can you do? It's not like you can tell them not to attend Jumaa prayers just in CASE something might happen to threaten the sisters....

JazakAllah Arabiantxn for your dua and it's ironic that I was actually discussing the order of supplicating for people with my mother and she told me that you DO have to make dua for YOURSELF before others lol.

Right now I'm just at the point of paranoia because I dont think any of the sisters want to think that he really is a pervert in which case he did NOT hesitate in following a pregnant niqabi from the train station....that was another reason I was so mad. Because my friend that he followed is 8 months pregnant and at that point, very vulnerable to crazies.

warda A

Sister
:salam2:
First alhamdullilah my sisters are ok, always have faith in Allah Ta'ala in any situation.
Panicking always throws reason out the window.

This may sound crazy, but that guy needs help fast!
He may be suffering and most probably he is at the lowest of eman, it also depends on upbringing even though some parents do all they can and still their children do not listen.
We need parents who can instill the laws of islam in the hearts of their children, they should be confident enough in their skins. A confident person who has a strong eman wouldnt start wondering why he is a man and not a woman. Allah Ta'ala created us for a purpose in all our shapes and sizes and gender.
Some 20 years ago you wouldnt find someone doing something like that, that was because people had haya (modest) and now the world has gone haywire and who are we blaming? we start with ourselves.
I pray inshalla he is giuded back to islam. I would say look for him (the brothers) and try to help as much as you can.