3 Questions

Al Qassimi

:salam2:

I have 3 questions I need to be explained in details

First one is: What does the Fitna mean?

Second one is , what does Fatwa mean?

Last one is, in Islam the hitting of the women is it allowed or not?(Hitting the wife)

Shukran :salah:

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
well I know a fatwa is a ruling or law issue by a scholar. I am about 99% sure that base these rulings off of Quran and Hadith and I once heard a knowledgeable person say that a scholar can not issue a fatwa regarding a group of people unless he lives like in the country of poeple and understand the issues face with the people.

I will tried to locate the answers to your other questions.

arabiantxn

This is probably how I would define those words
Fitna can be defined as derivation/deviation to get astray from straight path.

Fatwa- fatwa means verdict /decree.

Hitting wife is harm its not allowed.(cultural)

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
Fitna --> It means test. I guess it also means confusion

Fatwa --> It means an opinion. But, in Islamic context it means opinion of qualified scholars (usually on topics which are not very clear)

Is it allowed to hit wife ?

I guess it would be politically incorrect answer, but we should speak the truth.

I think it is allowed to hit according to Islam under certain circumstances.
But, Islam also encourages us to be good and gentle and caring to Wife normally.

ahmed m

asalamualaikum. Inshallah i will answer your question in due course. its quite lengthy, and want to dedicate some time to it.

jazakallah

aishah_2304m

peace lover
asalamualikyum wr wb brother Al Qassimi...
fitnah - refers to the trials n tribulations a muslim undergoes dat might lead him astray

fatwa - mostly refers da lectures by da scholars thru which one can gain knowledge.

as far as i knw in islam wife beating s haraam!....but yes if your wife s not bein just or chaste u can beat her slightly but dats not severe....dats lyk hititin wid da cane which s a ver light weight wood lyk grass...and it should not leave any mark in da body...its similar 2 da way a father hits a child 4 fun!...n brother dis s da last option....
des r da proofs....i hope dis helps u insha Allah

Not harming one’s wife.

This is one of the basic principles of Islam. Because harming others is haraam in the case of strangers, it is even more so in the case of harming one’s wife.

It was narrated from ‘Ubaadah ibn al-Saamit that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) ruled, “There should be no harming nor reciprocating harm.” (Narrated by Ibn Maajah,, 2340)

This hadeeth was classed as saheeh by Imaam Ahmad, al-Haakim, Ibn al-Salaah and others. See Khalaasat al-Badr al-Muneer, 2/438.

Among the things to which the Lawgiver drew attention in this matter is the prohibition of hitting or beating in a severe manner.

It was narrated from Jaabir that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said in his Farewell Sermon:

“Fear Allah concerning women! Verily you have taken them on the security of Allah, and intercourse with them has been made lawful unto you by words of Allah. You too have rights over them, and that they should not allow anyone to sit on your bed [i.e., not let them into the house] whom you do not like. But if they do that, you can chastise them but not severely. Their rights upon you are that you should provide them with food and clothing in a fitting manner” (Narrated by Muslim, 1218)

The evidence that it is permissible to discipline one's wife includes the aayahs (interpretation of the meaning):

“As to those women on whose part you see ill‑conduct, admonish them (first), (next) refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly, if it is useful)” [al-Nisaa’ 4:34]

jazaaq Allah khair brother!:)

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله

1-Fitna means Sedition or seduction in all aspects of life ( women, children, money, food, cars, nature..etc.).
"And know that your possessions and your children are a test, and that with Allah is immense reward. (28)".[quran 8:28]
where sidition or seduction is a test from Allah(swt).

2-Fatwa is the opinion or consult of a scholer or Imam ( like Bukhari, Imam Shafi'i or Malik..etc) regarding a matter, based of quran, sunna, or measured by comparison to a similar situation in the past.
"They consult thee concerning women. Say: Allah giveth you decree concerning them, and the Scripture which hath been recited unto you (giveth decree), concerning female orphans and those unto whom ye give not that which is ordained for them though ye desire to marry them, and (concerning) the weak among children, and that ye should deal justly with orphans. Whatever good ye do, lo! Allah is ever Aware of it. (127)".[quran 4:127]

3-As for hitting women:
a. If your not allowed to touch a strange woman, then obiviously you can't hit her.
b. if she's your wife:"Men are in charge of women, because Allah hath made the one of them to excel the other, and because they spend of their property (for the support of women). So good women are the obedient, guarding in secret that which Allah hath guarded. As for those from whom ye fear rebellion, admonish them and banish them to beds apart, and scourge them. Then if they obey you, seek not a way against them. Lo! Allah is ever High, Exalted, Great. (34)"[quran 4:34]
notice that he(swt) said:"scourge", as in a slight whip anywhere but not on the face".

when he was asked about a wifes right, Allah’s Messenger [sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam] said:"That he should feed her whenever he eats and cloth her whenever he clothes himself, that he not hit her face, that he not call her ugly and that he not boycott her except within the house".[Ibn Majah]
OR "Feed her when you feed yourself, clad her when you provide yourself with cloth, neither hit her on the face nor use impolite language".[Tirmidhi]