Do you Study or Work...!?, Educated or Careers...!?

Ferrari1981

Salaam Peeps

Hey all..!

Just wondering what level of education and future careers you all intereted in!!!

I'm currently a full-time Masters student studying MSc E-Commerce and Logistic at a Birmingham Univesity (UK), also a part-time Admin Assistant!!!

Also in the process of starting my own online Islamic arts and crafts business cant wait starts in September 2006!

What about you guys...!?

Ma'aslaama

38khadj

May Allahs Peace and Blessing be upon You
I believe the best form of education is following the commandments of Allah and the beloved ways of our Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him)
Every other knowledge is just a art, phd ect has no weight in the eyes of Allah one must keep it as an nesccessity. The knowledge that is important is the one that only gets us closer to Allah SWT. Our Prophet Mohammad peace be upon him could not read or write, yet he was the greatest Prophet and the best of all men. What a great example he set to his companions and the people after him.
Our purpose in this life is preparing for death, so one should use his gifts and interlect which Allah has bestowed upon him to benefit him. If one is not doing this then he or she are wasting their time.

May Allah give us the ablity to use our time correctly Inshallah.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
38khadj said:
I believe the best form of education is following the commandments of Allah and the beloved ways of our Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him)
Every other knowledge is just a art, phd ect has no weight in the eyes of Allah one must keep it as an nesccessity. The knowledge that is important is the one that only gets us closer to Allah SWT. Our Prophet Mohammad peace be upon him could not read or write, yet he was the greatest Prophet and the best of all men. What a great example he set to his companions and the people after him.
Our purpose in this life is preparing for death, so one should use his gifts and interlect which Allah has bestowed upon him to benefit him. If one is not doing this then he or she are wasting their time.

:salam2: I believe that yes, gaining the accurate Islamic knowledge is important and comes before everything. I can understand it is a priority, and often people leave this out of their thoughts.

However, gaining knowledge about the world is also very important for Muslims. This is a necessity in order to help the Ummah move forward and become advanced in other fields..

It is very important for all Muslims to study well in fields such as medicine and engineering etc. These things can have weight on the scales of akhirah, if Muslims use them to aid the Ummah. Such as giving medical aid to the poor people, engineering a building or a bridge etc. There is a reward for that.

The only problem can be when people simply devote all their attention to striving for the Duniya without thinking about the Akhirah.

Mabsoot said:
:salam2: I believe that yes, gaining the accurate Islamic knowledge is important and comes before everything. I can understand it is a priority, and often people leave this out of their thoughts.

However, gaining knowledge about the world is also very important for Muslims. This is a necessity in order to help the Ummah move forward and become advanced in other fields..

It is very important for all Muslims to study well in fields such as medicine and engineering etc. These things can have weight on the scales of akhirah, if Muslims use them to aid the Ummah. Such as giving medical aid to the poor people, engineering a building or a bridge etc. There is a reward for that.

The only problem can be when people simply devote all their attention to striving for the Duniya without thinking about the Akhirah.

:salam2:
If only rich and wealthy muslim give Charity and ZAKAT (i don't mean ZAKAT that we give in Ramadan but the one that muslim who has a stable sum of money across a year and must give 2,5% from it) that Allah asks them, at least it will be less people who need to eat etc.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Adil said:
If only rich and wealthy muslim give Charity and ZAKAT (i don't mean ZAKAT that we give in Ramadan but the one that muslim who has a stable sum of money across a year and must give 2,5% from it) that Allah asks them, at least it will be less people who need to eat etc.

:wasalam: yeah, and the Zakat is minimum, wealthy Muslims need to do a lot more.... inshaAllah. Like the late Rafiq Hariri, rahimahullah, he spent a lot of money on different charities, there were many family's who he helped by sending them food every week and he supported students, including Islamic schools and universities. The amazing thing is, he never boasted about it or advertised what he did. A lot of the things we only found out after he died.. subhanAllah. Allah yer7amuh

Wasalam.

Beko29

Im LoViNg It.. ISLAM

Im a socialworker, i work whit young criminal boys in the age of 15-19. unforten many of them are moslims.
I always juse ISLAM in my work, when i speak and give advise to them.

:wasalam:

38khadj

As salaam Mo Alikum
Quite right, what you say but if we look at the condition of our muslims today, the people who are educated how many actually help the uninterlectual. The people who are strong how many of them do help the weak?
The people who have knowledge of Islam how many do help the ignorant?
The people who are rich how many help the poor?
Mankind will always look and say he is doing something good, but we will get lost on the way, power, pride, lack of sincerety to Allah.
Can a man stay dry when walking on water?

What you say is right, but the Prophet Mohammad SAW is the best.
Knowledge is our weapon, not our fists. If not used properly we harm the Ummah of our beloved Mohammad SAW.

Wasalaam

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Asalaam alaykum

I work part tym in call centre...
I have applied for job with the council, insha-allah if allah swt wills i wil get the job..

The spare time i have i learn about my deen, this brings me closer to allah swt and gives me peace.
I would like to go on umrah or hajj, is there dua i can read??? We was supposed to go this year with my brother and sister in law but they have little boy, and wana wait til he bit bigger. So we not going now...If any1 knows a dua, let me no plz..

jazakallah khayr

W/salaam

ashah

38khadj said:

I am agree with Mabsoot

Manuela

bismillahi rahmani rahim

salam aleikum wr wb

for me, i have to say that i do both. first after my school i made an education and now i work and study, too. sometimes it's hard, because i have a full time job in which i nearly work 190h during a month, but i love it.
i guess i whould not now what to do with all my freetime.

but there is one bad thing: i study international management because i started during august last year. but since my convertion it is very important for me to study the islam and arabic. maybe later i am able to do it also. for now i use nearly all my freetime to look videos about islam and read about it.

it doesn't matter if you go to school or if you work. the only education which is really important is your knowlege about the islam.

may allah guide you all
wa aleikum wa salam

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Asalaam Alaykum

'it doesn't matter if you go to school or if you work. the only education which is really important is your knowlege about the islam'.

Sister i agree with u, learning about your deen is important for this life and the next...

Insha-allah allah swt keeps us on the siratul mustaqeen...

W/salaam

Salah eddine

both islamic and other knowledge :D

I entirely agree with u saying that we should both have an islamic and "life" knowledge if I can say
I also think that get the "life" knowledge as engineering medecine management and all this fields and to have muslims who are the best will allow to all muslim community to improve their status in the world and to be seen as people with camels traveling in the desert or as people with no hops in the life
we have a lot of capacities young mislims are clever and are able to learn and to lead and thanks ALLAH we see that wherever we go. I've been in US,France and morocco and muslim community is rich of these capacities.

So please every body don't neglect this knowledge and try to make it on an islamic way respecting quran and sunnah.

now I'm an engineer student in electronics I try to get all the knowledge that I need to help muslim community and all the human being.
May ALLAH helps us.

wa sallam

tour brother yaseen :bananabb2in:

Abu.Amirah

Brothers and Sisters I also went to school and now am working too...Though I didnt go to University but still Allah gave me a good Job and I can survive in this world.
ILM (Knowledge) is very important and to know our Rabb is more important than all but we also need to know ILM for the world so that we might protect ourselves.
I feel bad that most of our sisters are not going further for studies and parents stop them when it comes to Education.One reason is that when my wife was about to give birth there was no Muslim lady doctor round as this is not an islamic country and I was forced to agree with the male doctor to take care of my wife.This is what we need to think about also.I didnt like it but I had no option to save my wife and my kid.So its important too for us to learn about this world because the more we discover in this world :subhanallah: we are sure of how Our Rabb created this world and be aware of His knowledge and thank Him.

Please correct me if i say anythig wrong,am not perfect.Allah is all knowing!

Jazakallahu kheir!!

abdulrahman4u

askm

assalamlikum this is abdulrahman iam frm india and iam doing a bachlors degree in physiotherapy and looking foreward for my masters if by any way iam can help others i will be pleased to do so

Higher education is very important

Allah's Peace be with You All,

I think education, particularly higher education such as university, is very important even though it does hold a controversial status because of the mixing of genders it involves. Univeristy gives people opportunities to talk and share thier Deen with other people unlike at work where there are policies and restrictions on talking about religion.

These times also bring together divided people even of the same faith and help them to work together and learn of each other's knowledge of thier faith.

Personally, i feel that if i did not go to university and meet muslim people, and there were no opportunities for them to share thier Deen with me, then i may never have discovered the path which Allah SWT has set forth for me and seeked-out His Truth and the Beauty of His religion. Also, if I had not learnt to read and write I would never have been able to read about His Glory, never been able to learn how to live my life in the best and Right way and never been able to read the insightful articles on this website! So everyday I am so thankful for education and I pray that what i have now learnt at university and in my academic life, I can bring into my work when Inshallah i graduate!

Also, as one of the other posts was saying about female doctors - I agree that the need for women to go into higher education needs to be emphasised so that women can have the choice of being able to see women doctors and other professions whom they may need. Assalamu Alaykum

3assal

I feel education is very important in the world we live today. My family is from Lebanon, but we have lived in different countries all our lives. In these places if you dont have college degree or higher it is very difficult for you to find a job to support your family.

I understand what some of you are saying as far as having knowledge of Islam, but this is where we must create a balance. We must learn for our future careers, but we must also prepare ourselves for the hereafter. Allah (swt) is the only one who knows where our lives lead us, when will it end, and we must be ready for this.

Btw, I am an english/education major. I will graduate next year inshAllah :)

3assal

Mabsoot said:
:wasalam: yeah, and the Zakat is minimum, wealthy Muslims need to do a lot more.... inshaAllah. Like the late Rafiq Hariri, rahimahullah, he spent a lot of money on different charities, there were many family's who he helped by sending them food every week and he supported students, including Islamic schools and universities. The amazing thing is, he never boasted about it or advertised what he did. A lot of the things we only found out after he died.. subhanAllah. Allah yer7amuh

Wasalam.

Allah yer7amu, he was a great person. He helped many people get housing, food, and education! :ma: inshAllah he will be rewarded!