QUOTES - Add your Favourites here! (quranic verses or anything)

raihana

:salam2:
well wht is ur favourite quote or verse of quraan????well here goes mines
O ye who believe! Be ye staunch in justice, witnesses for Allah, even though it be against yourselves or (your) parents or (your) kindred, whether (the case be of) a rich man or a poor man, for Allah is nearer unto both (them ye are). So follow not passion lest ye lapse (from truth) and if ye lapse or fall away, then lo! Allah is ever Informed of what ye do.

The Holy Qur'an 4;135

so whts urs sisters and brothers???
:wasalam:

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

When it comes to Quran its really hard to pick just one so here's one of my favourites.

O you who believe! Stand out firmly for Allâh as just witnesses and let not the enmity and hatred of others make you avoid justice. Be just: that is nearer to piety, and fear Allâh. Verily, Allâh is Well-Acquainted with what you do. (8)
Al-Maedah

OsMaN_93

Here to help
:astag::astag::astag::astag::astag::astag::astag::astag:
ASGFR ALLAH ALLAZEEM

:SMILY286::SMILY286::SMILY286:we shouldnt have favourate verses in the quraan sister we should appreciate the hole bookk which is the word of Allah

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Sorry bro !

Sorry bro if I said something wrong. I didn't mean to say that I dont like others. Even amongst sahaba there were people who used to recite some chapters more than others like one of the Sahaba who recited Surah Ikhlas in all his prayers, this in no way means he did not appreciate other chapters.

Still If you felt that I am wrong then I seek forgiveness.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
ASGFR ALLAH ALLAZEEM

:SMILY286::SMILY286::SMILY286:we shouldnt have favourate verses in the quraan sister we should appreciate the hole bookk which is the word of Allah

Thats an intersting point Mr Osmanelmais, but, I think the brothers and sisters are thinking of ones which have particularly had an impact on them or have moved their hearts at some point, they dont mean to say that one verse of the Qur'aan is better, or has more worth than any other part, if that was the case then yes I would agree whole haertedly with your post.

Sabra

Salaam,

Okay, here's one of my favorite quotes: "Intelligent humanity wants a reason for every belief, and that spirit is commendable and should be encouraged wherever it goes, and that is one of the prominent features of the spirit of Islam."

I Love Allah(swt)!

OsMaN_93

Here to help
Sorry bro if I said something wrong. I didn't mean to say that I dont like others. Even amongst sahaba there were people who used to recite some chapters more than others like one of the Sahaba who recited Surah Ikhlas in all his prayers, this in no way means he did not appreciate other chapters.

Still If you felt that I am wrong then I seek forgiveness.
im just giving my opinion, and point of view:eek:

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Hadith

Here is the Hadith in reference to what I said earlier.

Al-Bukhari reported from `Amrah bint `Abdur-Rahman, who used to stay in the apartment of `A'ishah, the wife of the Prophet , that `A'ishah said, "The Prophet sent a man as the commander of a war expedition and he used to lead his companions in prayer with recitation (of the Qur'an). And he would complete his recitation with the recitation of `Say: He is Allah, One.' So when they returned they mentioned that to the Prophet and he said,
«سَلُوهُ لِأَيِّ شَيْءٍ يَصْنَعُ ذَلِكَ؟»
(Ask him why does he do that.) So they asked him and he said, `Because it is the description of Ar-Rahman and I love to recite it. So the Prophet said,
«أَخْبِرُوهُ أَنَّ اللهَ تَعَالَى يُحِبُّه»
(Inform him that Allah the Most High loves him.)''

OsMaN_93

Here to help
thank you :D
Al-Bukhari reported from `Amrah bint `Abdur-Rahman, who used to stay in the apartment of `A'ishah, the wife of the Prophet , that `A'ishah said, "The Prophet sent a man as the commander of a war expedition and he used to lead his companions in prayer with recitation (of the Qur'an). And he would complete his recitation with the recitation of `Say: He is Allah, One.' So when they returned they mentioned that to the Prophet and he said,
«سَلُوهُ لِأَيِّ شَيْءٍ يَصْنَعُ ذَلِكَ؟»
(Ask him why does he do that.) So they asked him and he said, `Because it is the description of Ar-Rahman and I love to recite it. So the Prophet said,
«أَخْبِرُوهُ أَنَّ اللهَ تَعَالَى يُحِبُّه»
(Inform him that Allah the Most High loves him.)''

nizar83

selemu aleikum, its perfectly normal and allowed in islam to give a preference in reciting a suraah of the holy qoraan.

so there is nothing to be ashamed of!

these are all ALLAH subhanawata3ala's words.

raihana

no bro ,its not like tht i know the whole quran should be loved and faviourited by everyone but wht i mean is tht which quranic verse which moves u a lot or which verse do u get more ..u know more heart trembled certainly i have one which i fell in prostrate to allah
and thanks sis isra u understood my point ...:)

raihana

ASGFR ALLAH ALLAZEEM

no bro ,its not like tht i know the whole quran should be loved and faviourited by everyone but wht i mean is tht which quranic verse which moves u a lot or which verse do u get more ..u know more heart trembled certainly i have one which i fell in prostrate to allah
and thanks sis isra u understood my point ...:):)

Summer03

3doTs2sQuares
"The Day whereon they will (all) come forth: not a single thing concerning them is hidden from Allah. Whose will be the dominion that Day?" That of Allah, the One the Irresistible!"

Ghafir (The Forgiver)> [40:16]

OsMaN_93

Here to help
QuRaN !i!i!

Oh Okay jazakom Allah khairan

and thanks sis isra u understood my point ...:):)

OsMaN_93

Here to help

"And only on the Day of Resurrection shall you be paid your wages in full. And whoever is removed away from the Fire and admitted to Paradise, he indeed is successful. The life of this world is only the enjoyment of deception (a deceiving thing)."
--Al Qur'an 3:185--​

On that Day men shall proceed in sorted out groups to be shown their Book of Deeds. Then, whoever has done an atom's weight of good shall see it there, and whoever has done an atom's weight of evil shall see it there.
--Quran: Chapter 99--

As for man, when his Rabb tries him through giving him honor and blessings, he says: "My Rabb is bountiful to me." But when He tries him through restricting his subsistence, he says:
"My Rabb has humiliated me."
Nay! But you did not show kindness to the orphan, nor did you encourage each other in feeding the poor. Greedily you lay your hands on the inheritance of the weak, and you love wealth with all your hearts.

--Quran: Chapter 89--

I have prepared for My righteous servants what no eye has seen and no ear has heard, not has it occurred to human heart. Thus recite if you wish: And no soul knows what joy for them (the inhabitants of Paradise) has been kept hidden.
--Quran: Chapter 32--

:salam2::ma: