Sitting In Salah

GAZZH1991

Allahu Akbar!!
Salamu Alaikum

When we sit for the full Tashahaud in Salah, I find the position we are supposed to sit in physically impossible!

What should I do?

Salam

summertime

sister :)
:salam2: brother,

You will get used to it inshAllah. When i first started praying i used to find very hard to sit like that. Now i'm so used to it i don't even realise. However, if you have some kind of problem with your legs, joints e.t.c thats a different case.

:wasalam::salah:

nizar83

selemu aleikum

i love the motivation and persistance of summertime lol
she is right..but inshalaah you will get used to it..
however if its not ok in terms of health reasons...than inshalaah you can try something else..praying while sitting...like many older muslims do..
but you shouldnt forget...there is a huge difference between 1 you cant possibly sit like this and 2 it doesnt feel comfy sitting like this

ALLAH subhana wata3ala knows our every struggle...so if you put up with the struggle..you get rewarded inshalaah

summertime

sister :)
hmmmm...maybe you aren't doing it properly...maybe you could get someone to look at you while you sit in that position to tell you if your doing it properly or not :)

ahmed m

asalamualaikum. my dear friend gazzhi, i understand wat ur goin through cus a few other brothers have shared their experiences with me. Keep on makin dua to allah to make it easy for you, and at the same time keep on tryin. One brother told me previously that it took him some time to get used to it. the reason why your findin it difficult, is due to the fact that the muscles in your toes arent used to that level of high contraction. Inshallah as youre tryin your best, inshallah Allah will give you the full reward for this beautiful sunnah.

And Allah knows best.

jazakallah

nizar83

visit a mosque brother, so you can see how other brothers ( some of them 88 years old ) manage to sit that way...lol

by the way..dont forget ALLAH subhanawata3ala created us..and knows what our body better than we know it ourselves..so our way of praying...must be posibble to do for any healthy muslim..no matter if he is 6'12 or 5'1

gazkour

Assalamo alikom wa rahmato Allah wa barakato

Walaykum Salam

I know and It isn't that it doesn't feel comfy, I actually cannot sit like that!

Salam

Don't worry GAZZH1991! You probably are doing it right! The thing is that it takes time for your muscles and tendons to adapt to this very new position. I know exactly what you're saying, because it happended to me : at the beginning I tried and I found it literally impossible and so uncomfortable, that I gave up for many years, but the when I knew it was important to really follow the sunna, I tried and kept trying until it felt natural and comfortable.

EnshaAllah you'll be allright! Just don't expect it to happen the same day!

May Allah guide us all.

Assalamo alikom wa rahmato Allah wa barakato

Jannah03

Asalaamu alakum warahmatullah, i feel ya, im STILL trying to get it right, naam it is uncomfortable bu we gotta keep trying to follow the sunnah.

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq
:salam2:

It is quite difficult at first, but hey do some pilates lol. Stretching or some form of exercise to wake up the muscles will help.

Pilates really did help me, but of course praying regularly helps also :D

Now I sit like that all the time. I find it to be the most comfortable sitting position besides Indian style.

I remember my legs always fell asleep and when I went to get up one time I fell into a woman. Thanks to Allah to she was kind about it and laughed with me.

:wasalam:

BrotherZak

It is quite difficult at first, but hey do some pilates lol. Stretching or some form of exercise to wake up the muscles will help.

Now I sit like that all the time. I find it to be the most comfortable sitting position besides Indian style.

I remember my legs always fell asleep and when I went to get up one time I fell into a woman. Thanks to Allah to she was kind about it and laughed with me.

Sister i realized many funny incidents happen to you during prayer lol :)

BrotherZak

Indeed many things happen to me within community lol. Alhamdullilah I guess I could say. I thought that I would be pro at praying now but I am still clumsy and I have no balance haha.

Been Muslim since birth(last 21 years) and still make some mistakes that make me look like a spaz :( lol

A Kashmiri

Well there are two ways to sit during the last Tashud.

1. Left feet on the ground and the right feet standing with toe and the fingers touching the ground and rest of the feet on it. ( This takes time to practice and sometimes it is difficult for people to sit in this position)

2. The second way is to keep both the feet up with toe and fingers on ground and rest of the feet up( Like the right feet in the 1.). ( This is easiest way and it is not difficult ).

Many people dont know that 2 way of sitting in Salah is permissible and is one of the ways prophet used to sit during Tashud.

I am not sure i am clear in describing the second way but i can scan the picture in this posture and send it.

faazin

that shudnt be a problem, wenever you get time ,try practising it, cuz i wud liek to remind you that, if its is in a wrong position,that prayer will not be accpeted....

no worreis...try practicing it ......

Rosheen

Sister in Islam

Its not just you sis...i have difficulty geeting up from prostrating...fine at home, but embarrassing when you are in a line of women...sigh

ahmed m

AWW. to sit in the position youre describing is the sunnah of prophet mohammed(PBUH), and not a requirement. even if you dont sit in that position on purpose, yoursalah will be valid. the only reason why we should try and sit in the sunnah manner, is to get the pleasure of allah. Keep on tryin and keep on gettin your reward.

and Allah knows best.

jazakallah