Chuck E Cheese & Grocery Stores

msaeed

SalaamualikumwerahmetAllaahebarkatuh.

Im not sure how many people are familiar with the arcade/restaurant called Chuck E Cheese (I know its in Canada and the US at least)

but anyways...

its a place for young children usually. It has a whole bunch of arcades, games and prizes. They also have food like pizza, etc. The thing is, they also have beer and wine. Are we allowed to go to restaurants, etc that are licensed to sell alcoholic drinks?

Also, if someone worked there as a cashier or merchandiser...does that make all their previous income haraam now, considering they KNEW that alcohol was haraam but they just DIDNT put two and two together...like they were oblivious and unaware for some reason. Has anyone come across information related to this type of situation?

What about grocery stores that sell drinks with some alcohol? A common example in the US or Canada is Food Basics...

Are we allowed to shop at those stores (if not, then what about stores that sell pork?)

Are we allowed to work as a cashier for example, if we manage to get someone else ring in any questionable items such as beer or pork or is it simply haraam to work there?

Ive never really thought about it to be honest and there are a lot of Muslims that either go to such restaurants or that work at such places.

JazakAllaahukhairan for your time and efforts.

epilogue

Sister in Islam
Assalamu alaikum

The general rule I go by is that I don't work at places that sell pork/alcohol because my wage is coming from a haram source--from the profits of selling haram goods (even if I were not involved in the transaction).

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq
:salam2:

Chuck E Cheese scares me because of the mass amounts of children that are not being supervised by their parents. lol...I once had a girl of 6 years old steal my coins and I told her mother and her mother did not respond kindly.

I stay away from places that are infested with loud, running children who have pizza thrown all over the place and steal my coins :D

But I didn't think Chuck E Cheese sold alcohol, but they do have a lot of pork products like Papa Johns and Dominos and I stay away from those also due to the pans they use and pizza cutters.

:wasalam:

msaeed

Chuck E Cheese scares me because of the mass amounts of children that are not being supervised by their parents. lol...I once had a girl of 6 years old steal my coins and I told her mother and her mother did not respond kindly.

I stay away from places that are infested with loud, running children who have pizza thrown all over the place and steal my coins :D

But I didn't think Chuck E Cheese sold alcohol, but they do have a lot of pork products like Papa Johns and Dominos and I stay away from those also due to the pans they use and pizza cutters.

:wasalam:

lol. I LIKE places that have a whole bunch of kids running around :D

Well at least the chains here in Canada sell beer and wine but we dont have any of the dominos or other stuff.

JazakAllaahukhairan for your reply.

Epilogue, JAzakAllaahukhairan for your input as well.

SalaamualikumweRahmetAllaahebarkatuh

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq

lol. I LIKE places that have a whole bunch of kids running around :D

Well at least the chains here in Canada sell beer and wine but we dont have any of the dominos or other stuff.

JazakAllaahukhairan for your reply.

Epilogue, JAzakAllaahukhairan for your input as well.

SalaamualikumweRahmetAllaahebarkatuh

LOL. I wish I had your patience with children in enclosed areas lol. Insha Allah I will work on that :D

Wow I didnt know Chuck E Cheese branched out to Canada. I learn something new everyday. Do they have the really really creepy show and they all sing lol. Sorry singing characters also scare me.

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
My kids have been to chuckee cheese a few times, even on Eid. As far as I know, over here in NY, they do not serve wine or alcohol. To me that would not make sense for a childrens establishment to sell wine and alcohol??? The pizza...well I don't eat, we eat before we get there and if we do eat there, they have an all you can eat salad bar with free refills on your drinks...juice, soda, etc...It is fun and my kids have so much fun there, Alhamdullilah!
As far as purchasing food where they sell Khamra(Alcohol, wine, pork) like supermarkets, sometimes that cannot be avoided or we will just not eat!! We are not buying it, we are just in the store buying necessities that we need, we have no control over what is in the store. For serving it or touching it, maybe someone can post a fatwa on it inshallah. Allah knows best.

muharram23

Staff member
Salamu alaykum

guess what? I used to work at chuck e cheese's. I used to be the kitchen guy. And also, i used to be Chucky woohooo, the mouse :). Kids loved me!! :) They came and played with me and said "chuckeeeee i love youuu, you're the besttttt". Once in a while, some smart once would come and say "chucky, i know ur not reaaaaaal". As a chucky ur not suppose to talk but only play and wave and dance :). That was my first job at 16 when i didnt know much but then alhamduliullah i quiet.

Yes, chuck e cheese's does sell alcohol. But i mean, so does schnuck, walmart, dierbergs etc. I myself would not personally go there nor take my kids there inshALlah in the future when i have some :). There is to much music, games, etc. My kids brains should be filled with quran, ahadith, learn the deen and not junk.

Allah knows best
wasalaam

msaeed

WeAlikumAsSalaamwerahmetAllaahebaraktuh,

JazakAllaahukhairan for the replies. I havent yet found any answers as to whether or not all previous income for someone in such a situation is deemed haraam but InshAllaah I will post up what I find when I have it answered InshAllaah.

SalaamualikumwerahmetAllaahewabarkatuh

gazkour

Assalamo alikom wa rahamato Allah wa barakato

I've been taught that,
Allah will punish for the sins committed once you're aware that you're doing something wrong. What I mean is that if the person didn't know that was haram, and then realises it is and asks forgiveness truthfully then Allah The Most Merciful is going to excuse that, as long as they stop doing the wrong thing. Allah knows best.