Praying and Studying

I am a spiritual seeker. I have come to many dead ends. Many years ago I glanced at a Qur’an and read a little of it. It was the only time in my life that I felt the racism, prejudice, and hate in heart melt away. Sadly, because of outside pressure and my own prejudices I stopped my reading and continued seeking answers to life in other schools of faith. But lately the emptiness in my heart has called me to seek again the small joy I felt years ago. And so, I am happy to have found this forum. I pray it will help me to gather information and seek the advice and wisdom of practicing Muslims. So many of you have been so kind to this undeserving soul. Many Americans believe that the Muslim community is insular but the trust and warmth I have been shown proves otherwise. You are a beautiful people with a beautiful faith.

I received my Qur’an today. I ordered one from Amana Publishers. It is the revision of A. Yusuf Ali’s "The Meaning of the Glorious Qur’an". As it has much commentary I hope to learn much.

Please pray that I be constant in my own prayer and steadfast in my search for Allah’s will for me.

Peace to you all this day.

bdot

walaykum salaam wa Rahmatullahi wa barakatu

(and peace be upon you and the mercy of Allah and His blessings)

May Allah (swt) guide you aright and give you the peace and joy that you seek brother Yusuf. Allah (swt) is always aware of his slave and knows of their striving. And none whom Allah (swt) wills to guide can be misguided.

Stay well, and keep up on striving towards the final goal.

As salaamu alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa barakatu

A Kashmiri

Asallamu Alaikum

Welcome brother and May Allah help you.

Well we muslims dont bother about how people in west highlight us as we believe as quran which says " when truth is heard against false hood , falsehood persihes, for faleshood by its nature is bound to perish"

We are all here to discuss things, however please note i am not a scholar but an ordinary muslim who only knows the basics of Islam, but would love to share whatever i know about Islam \inshallah.

Wasallam

palestine

Servant of Allah
salam. i'm happy for you. that you have chosen to understand islam more. i hope you find what ur looking for. inshallah i hope you say your testimony of faith soon. cause we don't know when we'll die, so it's always better to say now then later. as 'uthman said: death keeps no calendar. he was one of the companions of the prophet and also a leader of the muslims. the 4th muslim leader. salam.