On March 29th turn your lights off for Earth Hour !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Islam!!yay

wherever you may live . On March 29 From 8:00PM To 9:00PM participate with millions around the world to switch your household lights off for one hour to raise awareness of global warming .

[yt]9_c5K7Jdw9E[/yt]

Amir_of_spain

I think this is scare mongering tactics by the political media, the issue of global warming is far from being proven, thats my position.

nazir

Asalaamu alaykum,
Yikes i missed it! There are apparently two camps regarding the issue of global warming and something which i hope to delve into deeper given the time insha'Allah. In the meantime, global warming or not, we do know that our emissions are detrimental to our health, so let us at least do it in that respect.
Wassalaam

Islam!!yay

Asalaamu alaykum,
Yikes i missed it! There are apparently two camps regarding the issue of global warming and something which i hope to delve into deeper given the time insha'Allah. In the meantime, global warming or not, we do know that our emissions are detrimental to our health, so let us at least do it in that respect.
Wassalaam

well theres always next year .Inshallah

muharram23

Staff member
salamu alaykum

i dont think the kuffar can be in any more darnkess then they r already. So, that is the reason why the lights tonight at this one masjid that i went to for aqiqa shut of their lights for about 3 minutes. Verily we will follow the kuffar step by step, so even if they would enter the fox hole, we would enter with them.

wasaaalam

Akilah

I don't this this is a matter of kuffar or non. We all need to understand that God has blessed us with a beautiful planet. We need to take care of this gift that Allah has blessed us with. Turning off the lights has nothing to do with kuffar or non, so please let us be careful of not making things issues that are non issues. It sounds hateful and it is really quite pathetic.

danial

i agree with Akilah TOTALLY...

ive gone away from TTI for quite some time now coz what i've seen around the forum is that many forumers are ALWAYS CONSISTENTLY trying to highlight the divide between kuffars n non. i just wish ppl would identify themselves as family even if other ppl are non muslims, we are also family with them coz we are living in the same planet. its ok to have to families. just like when ppl get married they have another family but they still have their sis n bros n moms n dads family..see, 2 families!

lets let muslims be our one family n the rest of the world ALSO be our other family. i really really wish many of the TTI forumers would not be so pessimistic all the time. please.

thats my view.

Islam!!yay

ive gone away from TTI for quite some time now coz what i've seen around the forum is that many forumers are ALWAYS CONSISTENTLY trying to highlight the divide between kuffars n non. i just wish ppl would identify themselves as family even if other ppl are non muslims, we are also family with them coz we are living in the same planet. its ok to have to families. just like when ppl get married they have another family but they still have their sis n bros n moms n dads family..see, 2 families!

lets let muslims be our one family n the rest of the world ALSO be our other family. i really really wish many of the TTI forumers would not be so pessimistic all the time. please.

thats my view.

I don't this this is a matter of kuffar or non. We all need to understand that God has blessed us with a beautiful planet. We need to take care of this gift that Allah has blessed us with. Turning off the lights has nothing to do with kuffar or non, so please let us be careful of not making things issues that are non issues. It sounds hateful and it is really quite pathetic.

Theyre right... we are all family we are human beings... and we share one planet earth and lets not forget we are all sons and daughters of adam . And its not a non-muslim faith celebration thingy like valentines day or christmas its only a movement to raise awerness of global warming .

And Islam999 If we fight them then we might be killing someone whos interested in coming into islam but with ur thinking we just killed this guy . Thats not fighting in the way of allah . Thats not Jihad .

liaa

:)

in romania some ppl turned their lights off, at list in my town they did, but not many! They didn't turned the lights off on the streets !=)) they were afraid that ppl will fight or smth like this, lool , even showed on TV!

muharram23

Staff member

thats my view.

Theyre right... we are all family we are human beings... and we share one planet earth and lets not forget we are all sons and daughters of adam . And its not a non-muslim faith celebration thingy like valentines day or christmas its only a movement to raise awerness of global warming .

And Islam999 If we fight them then we might be killing someone whos interested in coming into islam but with ur thinking we just killed this guy . Thats not fighting in the way of allah . Thats not Jihad .

Salamu alaykum

First of all, we muslims are not family and will never be family with the disbelivers. Muslims are brothers and sisters to each other. Allah sva says in the quran

"[B]The Believers are but a single Brotherhood: So make peace and reconciliation between your two (contending) brothers; and fear Allah, that ye may receive Mercy. (Hujurat 10)[/B]

''Only those are Believers who have believed in Allah and His Messenger, and have never since doubted, but have striven with their belongings and their persons in the Cause of Allah: Such are the sincere ones. (Hujurat 15

Allah sva sent the quran and resulullah sva in order to divide us from kuffr. Quran is sent as a guidence to bring the truth and extinguish the falsehood. The truth and the falsehood can never coexist with each other.

And brother islam999
we should not fight them. We fight only those that fight us. It doesnt mean that each one of us takes the law in our own hand. We are not like osama bin laden and alqaida who kill anything in their path. Instead, we should seek knowledge, stay away from shirk and bidah, be obedient to muslim rulers (as long as they do not force us to do things contradicting the quran and sunnah) and spread the islam in a piecful way.

So, who ever likes the site should stay. If there is something wrong with what we do, then give us an advice in private and not bashing on the forum. And who ever doesn't want to stay, can leave. Islam doesnt depend upon muslims, but muslims depend upon islam.

Allah knows best

thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.