Dear Members...

Mairo

Maryama
Salaam Peter, and warm welcome to you! Your sincerity and integrity are so very encouraging, I hope you will continue to be inspired as you learn more about this beautiful religion. Reading the Qu'ran is the best first step you can take, as it is the instruction Allah, The Creator, himself wanted to reveal to us. Those whom God intends to guide will have proper understanding of this book, and of the religion of Islam.

In addition to reading the Qu'ran I would like to encourage you to get a hold of a good biography of the prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him. Once you start learning about his example, your heart will be even further touched by the ways in which he demonstrated kindness, justness, and mercy towards all creatures.

Best wishes to you, God bless!

Inquirer

Firstly welcome to TTI. It's loveley to have you join the board and hopefully this community will be beneficial to yourself and help you gain new friends and knowledge of Islam.

I just wanted to thank you for your post. I just found it to be incredibly honest and respectful and a great insight to your view of Islam - before and after learning about the true Islam.

Thank you Amirah, for your warm welcome and your kind words.

I still have everything to learn about Islam, and although I have owned a Quran for less than twenty four hours, right there on the very first page, the Quran, or should I say Allah, gave me the answer to something that it was so important to me to find, and this is the quote I provided in an earlier post, which clearly gives no justification to the reckless horror that is perpetrated in the name of Allah. This I must commit to memory. It is so important to me, because I feel that this quote would dispel immediately the undue suspicions that so many have regarding Muslims, and if I am to pursue this path, no doubt I will have to explain this to many when I encounter inevitable misunderstanding.

For example, I do not even know how to pray, and so for now, I will just recite the first chapter of the Quran, and dedicate it as a prayer to Allah, and because I have no idea where to find the direction of Mecca, then I will turn to the direction of the town which lies North along the coast, for this is where there is a mosque, as this is the best that I can do, as my path is so very new, and my understanding so very small. I know that this is not standard practice, but it is all I can think to do for now, and so with a sincere heart, I will do this until I know better.

My next step is to contact the mosque, and I do hope that I would be accepted, and that what I find will be good, and that it’s people are as welcoming as you kind people have been towards me in this environment.

I don't know if any of the other brothers and sisters have asked in the replies above my post but I wanted to ask how you overcame your initial views of Islam. What made you want to look away from what the media was showing as the "truth" and learn about the true Islam?

You know Amirah, this is something I really had to think about, because this calling has come very suddenly and I am quite bewildered, all this has hit me like an avalanche.

I had seen a film on the BBC about a white, English working class girl from a Northern town, who comes from a dysfunctional and morally corrupt background, and finds solace and comfort in Islam. Apart from being the opposite sex, I felt that I could relate to her, and I wanted to find out if I could similarly find what she had found. I had never really thought about the possibility of being white, and being accepted by Islam, nor of Islam being accepted by whites, as I had always felt that white Muslims were making a anti-cultural political statement rather than walking a spiritual path, much to my hapless ignorance. I needed to find out then, why it is that the character in this film had been so inspired, and so I had to investigate, because this coincided with my yearning to find that framework becoming intensely strong, and so I began researching. I did of course inevitably come across a great many negative things on the internet, but I also found beautiful and inspiring things as well, and so I was confused. I decided that what I really needed to do, was find an environment in which I could actually talk to some practising Muslims. The first communicative environment I found, scared me away, when I observed that there were members that seemed to support terrorism and seemed too involved in cultural politics to be considered to have a truly spiritual agenda, or at least, that’s how it seemed to me. However, due to a video I saw on YouTube, called, ‘British Kids Converting to Islam’, which I found very interesting, I saw a link to this site, and quite unlike the forum I had encountered earlier, this was exactly what I was looking for, because there seems to be a clear theme of peace here. I came to discover lots of videos about white, English converts to Islam (nearly all women for some reason), and I find it hard to explain but my need to find out more was really intense, and Islam is already having a positive effect on my life. I must definitely find out more, and more, and more, and I shall. I don’t know how to explain it really, I’m not sure what’s happening to me, but I just know that this is right. I have so much to learn, but this is exciting. I know that this is right, I just don’t know quite how to explain it. My mind boggles with why this is happening to me, but I am happy that it is.

Usually when I have considered some religious path or other, I encountered something that caused the feeling to dissipate, but this is different because I wanted to begin communicating straight away, I rushed out to buy a Quran, which I was going to leave for a while, but as Moshin had inspired me, I decided to waste no more time, and I found the answer to something so important, I am very enthusiastic to see what more I can find out.

I just don’t feel that I can really explain this adequately to be honest, but I know that Allah is calling me, and I have never felt something like this before, I’m not really sure what’s happening, but I am enthusiastic to find out.

In general I have felt so lost in my life in every respect, and I always have, and I am thinking that Islam could help me find my way in every respect.

I, as all of our brothers and sisters I am sure, are thrilled to have you join our community at TTI. I think we are going to learn alot from you, and hopefully you'll learn about Islam.

Thank you Amirah. I do not know what you could possibly learn from me, as I know next to nothing as yet. I will certainly learn from Islam, because I will never let it escape my mind from now on.

It was good to communicate with you.

Peace be upon you.

Hello TheHumbleWun.

Thank you very much for the links! I have watched the first link, and I have found out so much about Mohammed! What an extraordinary human being he was! Thank you for guiding me to this. I am very grateful. This was wonderful and deeply informative information and I will watch this again so that I can absorb the information better.

I have yet to watch the second video link, and I will do this later on, as I have had no sleep for I have been reading and watching enthusiastically.

Thank you Humble for your kind welcome, and for guiding me as you have with the information that you made accessible to me.

Hello Mumin,

Thank you for your response. However, I must tell you that I have not yet converted, but I have no reason to think that I will not. I have yet to approach the mosque. A big step. I still have such a huge amount to learn before this event takes place. I do believe that I have come to find what is to be my faith however, and all of you are helping me along this path, even with just these kind words.

Hello there WanttobeMumin,

Brother peter, i read your post today and i felt like leaping forward and hugging the screen and call you my brother and tell you that we the muslim ummah which you will join someday (Inshallah..means Allah willingly) will help you when ever you will need us. Inshallah.

This is very kind and very comforting of you to say. I appreciate this a lot.

I would love to call you my brothers and sisters, but I don’t feel that I am yet entitled to do this. I have yet to pluck up the courage to contact the mosque and begin to learn how to study and worship, and then, when I feel that I have been accepted by the mosque community, and if they accept me, then I will feel entitled to call myself a brother, but I am honoured that some of you are referring to me as such already. You are good people, truly.

Thanks for helping me understand some terminology.

I truly wish you that you may seek solace and pure contentment with Allah. Amen

This is my wish too, and I do hope that this comes to pass before too long.

Salaam Mairo,

It was a joy to read your words.

In addition to reading the Qu'ran I would like to encourage you to get a hold of a good biography of the prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him. Once you start learning about his example, your heart will be even further touched by the ways in which he demonstrated kindness, justness, and mercy towards all creatures.

Yes, I very much want to find out about the prophet in detail. Mumin gave me a link to a very informative video about Mohammed, and in this video there is an English lady who is very well informed about his life and deeds, and apparently, she has written a book all about his life, and she appears to know her subject very, very well, so I will try and seek out this book, as surely I must find out all about the prophet.

I am very excited to embark upon this path. There is so much for me to discover. :)

meer suhail

ILM seeker
Asalam o Alykum ( may peace be on you )

welcome brother ,,,opps sorry got late ,,,,but i had posted earlier ,my post is missing ,,,,,
here u go if u need to find addresses of masjid ( mosque) in ur region this site should help
www.islamicfinder.com
best wishes

Bluegazer

Hello Peter,

You deserve a very warm welcome to this forum. I truly wish you all the best.

I was very impressed by the way you write and of the deep feelings you convey. But there's one point you mentioned in post #16 that made me really stop:

So far, I have read the first book, obviously, as it is only very short, and now I am reading through the second book, that of 'The Heifer', and how very interesting this is!

The second chapter of the Qur'an is translated into English as "The Cow". I remembered reading the translation "The Heifer" [a young cow] in another place. Was the translator of the meanings of the Qur'an a man called Dr. Rashad Khalifa?

If the translator is Dr. Rashad Khalifa, then please return this copy and buy yourself a reliable and trustworthy translation. Rashad Khalifa was an apostate from Islam. One of the things that he committed was that he claimed to be a prophet of God Almighty.

To read more about Rashad Khalifa, please click on the following link:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=21049&postcount=5

Also, please click on the following link:

http://www.bilalphilips.com/bilal_pages.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=282

Scroll down using the side bar of the website until you see a book titled "The Quran's Numerical Miracle: Hoax and Heresy". Click on the words "Read more...". You'll find the following:

The Quran's Numerical Miracle: Hoax and Heresy

Written by Dr. Bilal Philips

This work is a refutation of Rashad Khalifa's claim in the 70's to have discovered the numerical miracle of the Quran which led him to claim knowledge of the date of the end of the world, to deny the validity of the sunnah and later claim prophethood for himself.

One of my students gave me a video-taped copy of Ahmed Deedat's presentation of Dr. Rashad Khalifa's theory of 19 being the miraculous numerical code of the Quran and asked my opinion of it. Although a good friend of mine, Abu Bilal Mustafa al-Kanadi, who is doing his M.A. thesis on Numerical Exegesis of the Quran, had previously mentioned to me that the theory was based on falsified date, I reserved comment and instead showed the tape to my grade 10, 11 and 12 classes and asked their opinion about it. Most students were thoroughly convinced of its authenticity, so I made the issue a research project for my grade 10 students and supplied them with a copy of Ahmed Deedat's book on it entitled, Al-Quran The Ultimate Miracle, as well as facts and figures from Dr. Rashad Khalifa's own book on the subject, Quran: Visual Presentation of the Miracle. Most of the students enthusiastically embarked on the project of checking the accuracy of the data. Some initially used an IBM program in which the whole Quran had been loaded, however, the program proved to be unreliable and thus most of the cross checking and counting had to be done visually. Their research uncovered many inconsistencies and errors which raised doubts in their minds about the authenticity of the whole theory. When I confirmed their doubts and informed them of some of Dr. Khalifa's heretic claims, most of them concluded that the theory was totally false and that something should be done to inform others. At this point, I considered writing a thorough refutation of the theory, but I was told that a number of articles and booklets had already been written so I gave up the idea. During this period I also came across a plea written by a reader of the magazine, ‘Islamic Horizons’ for clarity on Rashad Khalifa's claim. There was a reply in the issue of the magazine, however, it did not tackle the core of the claim to my satisfaction. I then gathered what I could of the articles and booklets, much of which was from South Africa, but, to my disappointment, I found them to be more emotional than factual. Most dealt with only a few of Dr. Khalifa's claims, many had errors in their rebuttals and perhaps the most comprehensive of them all was written in very poor English. Consequently, I decided to make a thorough study of the theory in order to present comprehensive factual refutation of its claim.

I would at this point like to thank all those who contributed to the preparation of this booklet, especially my grade 10 class of 86/87 at Manaret ar-Riyadh School. And of those who took part, special mention goes to Omar al-Musa, Ahmed Qteishat, Ghassan Kashmiri, M. Akif Rahman, Mohammed Tahir Qureshi and lastly Syed Osman of Grade 6A.

May Allah accept this effort as one done solely for His pleasure in defense of His religion, Islam, and make it reach and benefit those who are in most need of it.

I sincerely advise you to stay away from Rashad Khalifa's translation. And if you find the time, read the book "The Quran's Numerical Miracle: Hoax and Heresy".

In the meantime, please check out the following link that shows documentaries about Islam produced by some Western companies. You'll be very surprised by what you'll learn:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=88428&postcount=5

At the bottom of the page accessed by the link above, you'll find links and/or information about three translations of the meanings of the Qur'an into the English language. Please buy any one of them, or better yet all three.

Also, please check out the books found on the following link:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/sho...06&postcount=5

Best regards,

Bluegazer

Inquirer

Hi Meer Sulhail,

Asalam o Alykum :)

Thanks for the link. It has helped me to find out when the prayer times are for where I am, and I know also know that the direction of the Kabah in Mecca is S.E.E from where I am, with a little more inclination to the East.

I do need to know about prayer, what it consists of, and how to go about it properly, and this is why I need to approach the mosque, so that I can learn.

I know where the mosque is near me, but I need to make myself known and tell them that I seek teaching.

The link was useful to me, so thank you.

Hello Shari.

Thank you for your welcome. :)

Inquirer

Hello Bluegazer.

The second chapter of the Qur'an is translated into English as "The Cow". I remembered reading the translation "The Heifer" [a young cow] in another place. Was the translator of the meanings of the Qur'an a man called Dr. Rashad Khalifa?

Not to worry, the Quran I have is not translated by the man, Dr. Rashid Khalifa, but by a man called, Abdullah Yusuf Ali.

I thank you for your warning to avoid the translation of Dr. Rashid Khalifa, which I shall bear in mind. I have no choice but to rely upon a translation for the time being, as I do not know Arabic, but as my studies progress then I would like to learn some. It would be good to learn the first chapter of the Quran in Arabic at least, because it is only short.

In the introduction to the Quran I have, Maulana Wahiduddin Khan, writes:

The Quran is the Book of God. It has been preserved in it's entirety for all time to come. Although written originally in Arabic, it has been made accessible, thanks to translations, to those with no knowledge of Arabic. While no substitute for the orignal, translations serve the signal purpose of spreading the word of God far beyond the Arabic speaking peoples to a far broader spectrum of humanity.

The Quran is apparently in the Arabic language, but in reality, it is in the language of nature, that is, the language in which God directly addressed all human beings at the time of creation. This divine invocation of humanity, is ever present in the conciousness of all human beings, that is why the Quran is universally understandable - to some on a concious plane, and others at a subconcious level. This reality has been described in the Quran as 'clear revelations in the hearts of those who have been given knowledge.'. This verse goes on to say that, 'none deny Our revelations save the wrongdoers (20:49)'.

Reading this helped to allay some of my fears about being, as yet, unable to understand the Quran in the tongue in which it was writte - but I hope the day will come.

Thankyou for your concern Bluegazer, and for your advice.

Oh, and thanks for your links also. :)

nadya

romanian muslimah
as-salaam aleikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatu
:SMILY206: to TTI, inshaAllah you’ll have a pleasant and long stay.

Looking forward your posts.

May ALLAH (swt) keep us all on the right path.

:hearts:

*Saniyah*

ukhtikum fillaah
Salaam/Peace Peter! Welcome to this forum, insha'Allaah/God willing
you will benefit from many knowledgeable Muslims here.
From your nice posts seems to me like you are already a believer so do not hesitate to say your Shahada/testimony of faith and become part of this great Ummah/nation who worships Only One True God and follow the footsteps of His Last Messenger (May Peace and Blessings of Allaah be upon him).

As you are new in prayers, I wish I could help you little bit.

This website is excellent, it makes easy for people to learn and memorise important verses, which can benefit us all in our life... Here you can practice pronunciation of sura Al-Fatiha and many other shorter suras(chapters) from the Qur'an which you need during the Salah(prayer).
http://www.mounthira.com/learning/surah/001-al-fatihah/
http://www.mounthira.com/

If Allaah wills, your sister in Islaam

Saniyah

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Hello Peter !

First of all I would like to thank you for your nice words and I pray that Allah guide you in every matter. You have doen a great job by getting a copy of the Quran. You will soon realise its greatness as Allah SWT said,
And if ye are in doubt as to what We have revealed from time to time to Our servant, then produce a Surah like thereunto; and call your witnesses or helpers (if there are any) besides Allah, if your (doubts) are true. (23) But if ye cannot and of a surety ye cannot then fear the Fire whose fuel is Men and Stones, which is prepared for those who reject Faith. (24)
Al-Baqarah
Say: "If the whole of mankind and Jinns were to gather together to produce the like of this Qur'an, they could not produce the like thereof, even if they backed up each other with help and support. (88) And We have explained to man, in this Qur'an, every kind of similitude: yet the grater part of men refuse (to receive it) except with ingratitude! (89)
Al-Isra
Or they may say "He forged it." Say "Bring ye then ten Surahs forged, like unto it, and call (to your aid) whomsoever ye can, other than Allah!― if ye speak the truth! (13) "If then they (your false gods) answer not your (call), know ye that this Revelation is sent down (replete) with the knowledge of Allah, and that there is no god but He! Will ye even then submit (to Islam)?" (14)
Hud
Or do they say "He forged it"? Say: "Bring then a Surah like unto it, and call (to your aid) anyone you can, besides Allah, if it be ye speak the truth!" (38) Nay, they charge with falsehood that whose knowledge they cannot compass, even before the elucidation thereof hath reached them: thus did those before them make charges of falsehood: but see what was the end of those who did wrong! (39)
Yunus
You wrote,
For example, I do not even know how to pray, and so for now, I will just recite the first chapter of the Quran, and dedicate it as a prayer to Allah,
I find it interesting as how you concluded yourself that it is so. :) This chapter is an integral part of the Salah (the ritual prayers).
Here is a hadith about it.
Al-Fatihah and the Prayer
Muslim recorded that Abu Hurayrah said that the Prophet said,
«مَنْ صَلَى صَلَاةً لَمْ يَقْرَأْ فِيهَا أُمَّ الْقُرْآنِ فَهِيَ خِدَاجٌ ثَلَاثًا غَيْرُ تَمَامٍ»
(Whoever performs any prayer in which he did not read Umm Al-Qur'an, then his prayer is incomplete.) He said it thrice.
Abu Hurayrah was asked, "[When] we stand behind the Imam'' He said, "Read it to yourself, for I heard the Messenger of Allah say,
« قَالَ اللَّهُ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ: قَسَمْتُ الصّلَاةَ بَيْنِي وَبَيْنَ عَبْدِي نِصْفَيْنِ وَلِعَبْدِي مَا سَأَلَ فَإِذَا قَالَ:
[الْحَمْدُ للَّهِ رَبِّ الْعَـلَمِينَ ]، قَالَ اللهُ: حَمِدَنِي عَبْدِي وَإِذَا قَالَ:
[الرَّحْمَـنِ الرَّحِيمِ ]، قَالَ اللهُ: أَثْنى عَلَيَّ عَبْدِي، فَإذَا قَالَ:
[مَـلِكِ يَوْمِ الدِّينِ ]، قَالَ اللهُ: مَجَّدَنِي عَبْدِي وَقَالَ مَرَّةً: فَوَّضَ إِلَيَّ عَبْدِي فَإِذَا قَالَ:
[إِيَّاكَ نَعْبُدُ وَإِيَّاكَ نَسْتَعِينُ ]، قَالَ: هذَا بَيْنِي وَبَيْنَ عَبْدِي وَلِعَبْدِي مَا سَأَلَ، فَإِذَا قَالَ:
[اهْدِنَا الصِّرَاطَ الْمُسْتَقِيمَ - صِرَاطَ الَّذِينَ أَنْعَمْتَ عَلَيْهِمْ غَيْرِ الْمَغْضُوبِ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلاَ الضَّآلِّينَ ]، قَالَ اللهُ: هذَا لِعَبْدِي وَلِعَبْدِي مَا سَأَلَ
(Allah, the Exalted, said, `I have divided the prayer (Al-Fatihah) into two halves between Myself and My servant, and My servant shall have what he asks for.' If he says,
[الْحَمْدُ للَّهِ رَبِّ الْعَـلَمِينَ ]
(All praise and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of existence.)
Allah says, `My servant has praised Me.' When the servant says,
[الرَّحْمَـنِ الرَّحِيمِ ]
(The Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.)
Allah says, `My servant has glorified Me.' When he says,
[مَـلِكِ يَوْمِ الدِّينِ ]
(The Owner of the Day of Recompense.) Allah says, `My servant has glorified Me,' or `My servant has related all matters to Me.' When he says,
[إِيَّاكَ نَعْبُدُ وَإِيَّاكَ نَسْتَعِينُ ]
(You (alone) we worship, and You (alone) we ask for help.) Allah says, `This is between Me and My servant, and My servant shall acquire what he sought.' When he says,
اهْدِنَا الصِّرَاطَ الْمُسْتَقِيمَ - صِرَاطَ الَّذِينَ أَنْعَمْتَ عَلَيْهِمْ غَيْرِ الْمَغْضُوبِ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلاَ الضَّآلِّينَ
(Guide us to the straight path. The way of those on whom You have granted Your grace, not (the way) of those who earned Your anger, nor of those who went astray), Allah says, `This is for My servant, and My servant shall acquire what he asked for.').''
These are the words of An-Nasa'i, while both Muslim and An-Nasa'i collected the following wording, "A half of it is for Me and a half for My servant, and My servant shall acquire what he asked for.''
May Allah guide you. I am waiting for the good news :)

*Saniyah*

ukhtikum fillaah
:salam2:

From this website you can order up to 5 books FOR FREE!

FREE BOOKS
Dear visitor,
Feel free to choose any FIVE books from the UPDATED list below.
We will “God willing” ship them to you for free.
Pleasesend your request to: islam_cc(at)yahoo.com
1.A brief illustrated guide to understanding Islam.By I. A. Ibrahim
(One of the best ever written books about Islam in English.)
2.The Spirit of Islam. By Muhammad Asad
(Offers a crystal-clear view into Islam by an Austrian Muslim.. a former Jew.)
3.Islam Is Your Birthright.[FONT=&quot] NEW[/FONT] Compiled by Majed S. Al-Rassi
(- Is it necessary to adopt a religion?
- And how to differentiate between a false and a true religion?
Such questions arise in the mind of a Truth-Seeker. The present book addresses these issues.)
4. Interpretation of the meanings of the Noble Qur’an in the English language with
TRANSLITERATION (Part 30)
5.What Everyone Should Know About the Qur’an. By Dr. Ahmed Abdel-Fattah Al-Laithy
(An essential book for everyone wanting to know about the living miracle of Islam i.e. the Noble Qur’an. The work also paves the way for any reader who wishes to study the Qur’an in any degree of depth.)
6. The Amazing Qur’an. By Gary Miller
(Calling the Qur’an amazing is not something done only by Muslims; it has been labeled amazing by non-Muslims as well.)
7. The Qur'an & Modern Science: Compatible or Incompatible?[FONT=&quot] NEW[/FONT] By Dr. Zakir Naik
(Ever since the dawn of human life on this planet, Man has always sought to understand Nature, his own place in the scheme of Creation and the purpose of Life itself. The Qur'an, the main source of the Islamic faith is believed to be a Divine guidance for all human kind; its message is for all times therefore it should be relevant to every age. Does the Qur'an pass this test?
The present book discusses this and offers an objective analysis about the Divine origin of the Qur'an in the light of established scientific discoveries.)
8.Mercy for the Worlds. By Syed Abul Hasan Ali Nadwi
(A brief enlightening book showing the mercy God has given to the world through the
mission of His last Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) related by a renounced author.)
9.Who is Mohammed? [FONT=&quot] NEW[/FONT]
(A very brief account of Prophet Mohammed's biography (pbuh) with testimonies about
him by Non-Muslims.)
10.Fallacies & Misconceptions about the Messenger’s Marriages (pbuh).
By Sheikh Muhammad Aly Al-Saboony
(The book enables you to analysis & realize the true facts behind the Prophet’s plural marriages.)
11. Essential lessons for every Muslim. By Sheikh Bin Baz
(Covers a wide range of basic information, that explains the fundamental teachings of Islam)
12. A brief summary of FIQH essentials. Produced by Saheeh International
(A guide for new Muslim who needs to gain basic knowledge.)
13.Bearing True Witness.[FONT=&quot] NEW[/FONT] Dr. Laurence B. Brown
(The author, Dr. Laurence B. Brown, a practicing ophthalmologist and author of several ground-breaking books on Islam, has written this book to assist new reverts in navigating controversial issues of their new, chosen religion of Islam.)
14. Prayers for beginners.By Abdul Basit Quraishi
(This book supplies illustrated information to enable one to perform ablution &
prayer with transcription of the Opening Chapter (Alfatiha) and some short
verses.)
15. Woman in Islam. By B. Aisha Lemu & Fatima Heeren
(Two European women scholars express their views on the status of woman in Islam.)
16. Veils of Dignity. [FONT=&quot] NEW[/FONT]By Khadija Watson (Formerly Mary Sue Malvar)
(An informative book addressing the rights of Muslim women in marriage, polygamy & divorce. Included in this book is the personal dynamic testimony on how & why Sue Malvar a former Western Christian missionary & Professor, holder of Masters Degree in Theology embraced Islam.)
17.A view through hijab (veil).By Khaula Nakata (Japan) & Ruth Anderson (USA)
(Narration of ladies who voluntarily adopted hijab at a matured age having grown
up in a different culture.)
18.Polygamy in Islam. By Bilal Philips & Jameelah Jones
(This book contains basic guidelines for anyone interested in understanding the rights and obligations of males and females in Islamic plural marriages.)
19. The Ideal Muslim Husband. [FONT=&quot] NEW[/FONT] By B. Aisha Lemu
(The Author, a well-known British lady writer tries to make the reader aware of the Islamic standard for an ideal husband and to encourage the husband to reach that standard as much as he wishes his wife to reach it as an ideal Muslim wife.)
20. The Ideal Muslim Wife. [FONT=&quot] NEW[/FONT]By B. Aisha Lemu
(The Author, a well-known British lady writer tries to make reader aware of the Islamic standard for an ideal wife and to encourage the wife to reach that standard as much as she wishes her husband to reach it as an ideal Muslim husband.)
21.Women's Ideal Liberation: [FONT=&quot]NEW[/FONT] By Rukaiyah Hill
(The Author, an American lady writer, tries to point out to women that there exists a
way of life that preserves, protects, comforts, dignifies and liberates them (and their
male counterpart) from snares of manmade ideologies.)
22.Khadijah bint Khuwaylid:By Dr. Daud Abdullah
(A brief biography of the first woman to embrace Islam)
23. Aisha bint Abi Bakr:Dr. Daud Abdullah
(A brief biography of one of the greatest Muslim lady scholar.)
24.A Day in the life of a Muslim Child:[FONT=&quot] NEW[/FONT] Compiled by Abdul Malik Mujahid
(A very interesting and illustrated book that deals with the ideal daily program in the life of a Muslim child.)
25.The road to happiness. Compiled by F. William Hamerman
(The goal of this book is to examine what leads to happiness, which so many people
seem to be searching for.)
26.The best way to live and die.By Donald W. Flood
(Biography of an American Truth-seeker who found his quest.)
27.It feels like somebody lied to me.[FONT=&quot] NEW[/FONT] By Yahya George Maxwell
(A bewildered Western Truth-Seeker relates his spiritual journey from Christianity to Buddhism until he found the Truth in Islam.)
28. The search for truth.Compiled by: Dr. Saleh As-Saleh
(A call for people to search for their salvation by examining an example of a long
search by a man called Salman.)
29. Why I embraced Islam. By Maryam Jameelah
(A fascinating account of how the author, an American female, discovered the beauty of
Islam through the Qur'an and the life of the Prophet (pbuh).)
30.Illimitable Determination. [FONT=&quot]NEW[/FONT] By Iman A. Alaseery
(Accounts of bewildered men & women who finally found happiness through
Guidance.)
31. My Great Love for Jesus (pbuh) led me to Islam.By Simon Alfredo Caraballo
(A fascinating book presenting facts about the beloved Prophet Jesus (pbuh) that will
eventually lead to Islam.)
32. The Bible led me to Islam. By Melvin LeBlanc
(Aims to present the true picture of the Christian doctrines to a Truth-seeker)
33. Dr. Jeremiah's Spiritual Journey. [FONT=&quot]NEW [/FONT]
(Facing a major problem with Christian thought, Dr. Jeremiah did not really fit anywhere, it was rough for him to know what to believe in. So he started searching and through reading the Holy Qur'an and about Islam and the true stories of Prophet Mohammad (pbuh), he discovered that the Holy Qur'an not only confirmed things he was already thinking, but completed thoughts he was only vaguely aware of. Coming from a background of formal studies in religious issues, Dr. Jeremiah found his way and embraced Islam.)

34.The Truth about the Original Sin.By Dr. Abdullah H. Al-Kahtany
(The book discusses objectively the concept of the Original Sin in Christianity.)
35. The relationship between Muslims and Non-Muslims. By Dr. Saeed Ismaeel
(Read to get a clear and broader understanding of the Islamic law concerning the relationship between Muslims and Non-Muslims.)
36.Controversial Questions about Islam & Comments. By Dr. Saeed Ismaeel
(In this well-informed & an eye-opener book, the author based on his years of dialogue with non-Muslims addresses frequently asked questions about Islam.)
37. Laxity, Moderation & Extremism. By B. Aisha Lemu
(In this informative book; B. Aisha Lemu a well-known British lady writer, discusses frankly three contemporary issues i.e. Laxity, Moderation & Extremism. She proves – with evidences- that Islam came to propagate moderation and to denounce both laxity & extremism.)
38. كتبهــا الشيخ محمد محمود الشردوب.من ثمــار الدعــوة
(قصص عالمية و اقعية لرجال و نساء كانوا حيارى و تائهين ثم و جدوا السعادة في الهداية)
39.Une Détermination Sans Limites.[FONT=&quot] NEW[/FONT] (IN FRENCH)
(Récits de femmes et d'hommes qui ont trouvé le salut et le bonheur par la Guidée d'Allah.)
Please provide the following information, incomplete forms cannot be processed.
First Name:
Last Name:
E-mail:
Street Address:
City:
Zip/Postal Code:
Home Phone (optional):
Mobile No. (optional) :
http://www.islamunveiled.com/eng/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=1

Number 4 (Interpretation of the meanings of the Noble Qur’an in the English language with
TRANSLITERATION (Part 30))
is a must.:)

Salaam

Bluegazer

Hello again Peter,

I'm sorry for the false alarm. Rashad Khalifa also translated the second chapter of the Qur'an as "The Heifer". That's how I got the idea that you might have bought his translation.

I know the links I posted might seem a bit cumbersome, but I truly believe you'll gain a lot of knowledge -God willing- by reading the material there. Also, the documentaries [by Channel 4 and the BBC] are really worth watching, especially the one titled "When the Moors ruled Europe". It's presented by Bettany Hughes, a graduate of the University of Oxford [with a degree in History]. Please mind the disclaimers I have posted under the videos.

The best starting points in learning about Islam is no doubt reading a good translation of its meanings, and you're well on your way in that regard. One of the three translations I posted a link to is also the Abdullah Yusuf Ali translation, but the notes of Yusuf Ali were revised by several scholarly committees and it was published by the King Fahd Complex for the Printing of the Holy Qur'an in Madinah, Saudi Arabia.

Take care of yourself and best regards to you,

Bluegazer

Al-Salam

Your Sister In Islam
salam o alaikoum brother.

your heart is true when it comes to islam being the right religion. take your time learning about islam, ask all the questions u need, and when u do take ur shahada. but don't wait to long, cause u never know what tomorow would be like. take care Peter, may god bless you and all of us.

- manal.

Shahzad

oh welcome Peter. Glad to see you here. I hope you will find what you are looking for, here at TTI inshALLAH.

Just keep urself away from the blood thirsty media :)

Mairo

Maryama
Salaam Peter! It is really great to hear about how you have been guided to Islam. May Allah (God) always be your guide on the straight path.

I would love to call you my brothers and sisters, but I don’t feel that I am yet entitled to do this. I have yet to pluck up the courage to contact the mosque and begin to learn how to study and worship, and then, when I feel that I have been accepted by the mosque community, and if they accept me, then I will feel entitled to call myself a brother, but I am honoured that some of you are referring to me as such already. You are good people, truly.

InshaAllah (God willing) you will find a welcoming community when you visit the mosque in your area. However, I do also want to add that the only requirements to be a Muslim is to confess that you believe that there is no god but God, alone and without partner, and confess that you believe that Muhammad is a messenger of God. I can understand that you may want to learn more about Islam, the Qu'ran, and Muhammad, peace be upon him, before making this declaration of testimony (shahada). But in reality, it sounds like you are just about there! It is not incumbent on being accepted or welcomed by the community or a mosque. Although obviously that would be a good thing as well! Unfortunately many "reverts" have found some mosques to be less than welcoming - I hope this will not be your experience, but if it is, I hope it will not deter you from deepening and strengthening your faith.

To be a Muslim in its simplicity means to believe in God and act upright/do good. Islam in its simplicity is submission to God, which brings about peace. May Allah guide us all to what is best, protect us, forgive us, and show mercy on us.

Best wishes to you

Inquirer

Hello Nadya,

as-salaam aleikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatu

Thank you. May the peace of Allah descend upon you also, and mercy and blessings to you - in abundance.

I am so glad that I am coming to discover the way of Allah, I am so grateful that at last, he is revealing his way to me, and you are all helping me a great deal.

Thanks for your message Saniyah,

Salaam/Peace Peter! Welcome to this forum, insha'Allaah/God willing
you will benefit from many knowledgeable Muslims here.

There is such a lot for me to learn here, so many resources, and it is good that there are so many friendly, understanding and good people here to communicate with. Just on this thread I have been guided so much, all these kind words, so much compassion.

From your nice posts seems to me like you are already a believer so do not hesitate to say your Shahada/testimony of faith and become part of this great Ummah/nation who worships Only One True God and follow the footsteps of His Last Messenger (May Peace and Blessings of Allaah be upon him).

Oh, yes, I’m a believer, I just need to find out how to walk the path. I’m just taking my first baby steps, toddling, a bit unsteady but I‘ll find my legs, so much to learn, so much to discover, so happy to know where I am going now.

I wish I could help you little bit.

You have helped a lot! I am very grateful for your link to the site that will teach me how to recite Sura Al-Fatihah, as this is one of the first things I seek to learn. When I heard it, it was awesome, so beautiful. I’m going to have to find my singing voice. I do have one, I’ve just not used it for years, but now I have a reason to sing - my hearts singing now I’m making these discoveries. You’re all helping me such a lot.

Thank you truly Saniyah - you have given me a beautiful gift in that link.

If Allaah wills, your sister in Islaam

I pray Allah takes me not before I become a brother (Inshallah, it won‘t be long)- so much to learn.

Hello there Moshin!

I find it interesting as how you concluded yourself that it is so. This chapter is an integral part of the Salah (the ritual prayers).

It is indeed strange that I thought this, as I had no idea that this was so. Surely, I am being guided by unseen hands. This I take as confirmation that I am embarking upon the right path.

The quote that you gave me with the Arabic: Does this mean that when I (try) to recite this prayer, that Allah actually looks down, and somewhere beyond time and space, He actually responds to it and calls back to us? This is quite a big thing to take in. I mean, I know that Allah will be aware of our prayers, but to think that he intends to respond to us individually, is a bit of a mind-blower - but in a good way, but it’s somehow sort of frightening, which might sound like an odd thing to say, but it’s hard to explain. It makes me feel that it is so important to learn how to do all this properly. I just hope I am good enough for this - I’ll try, I can only try.

Allah is calling me loudly and I am worried that I will respond in the wrong way.

I am a bit overwhelmed by what is happening to me so suddenly at this time. This is nothing short of a revolution in my life. My thoughts, my attitude, my outlook, even my actions and reactions are changing, and even just in this last few days.

From this website you can order up to 5 books FOR FREE!

Wow! Thanks for letting me know about this Saniyah. I really need some reading material as I am so new to this. This is really good, and I will have a good explore of the site.

Number 4 (Interpretation of the meanings of the Noble Qur’an in the English language with TRANSLITERATION (Part 30)) is a must.

Then I will take your advice.

Hi again Bluegazer.

I'm sorry for the false alarm. Rashad Khalifa also translated the second chapter of the Qur'an as "The Heifer". That's how I got the idea that you might have bought his translation.

I was aware that there was a book of the Quran called ‘The Cow’, and so I was intrigued to observe this book entitled ‘The Heifer’.

I will be mindful of what you say about this writer though, and I will be suspicious of his material if I come across it, as you say that he makes grand claims of himself.

I know the links I posted might seem a bit cumbersome, but I truly believe you'll gain a lot of knowledge -God willing- by reading the material there.

I will explore. You are all so kind with the information that you are sharing with me, I am blessed and honoured in communicating with all of you. I never expected such a wealth of response and help.

Also, the documentaries [by Channel 4 and the BBC] are really worth watching, especially the one titled "When the Moors ruled Europe". It's presented by Bettany Hughes, a graduate of the University of Oxford [with a degree in History]. Please mind the disclaimers I have posted under the videos.

Are these posted on the site? I will have a look. I have seen some history documetaries presented by Bethany Hughes on television, and they have been very interesting, so I would like to see this. I will not overlook your disclaimers.

Best regards to you also Bluegazer, and thank you.

Here you can read about ablution(wudu) which you need to perform before the salah(prayer) and about salah itself.

Saniyah,

Surely you’re an angel for the help that you have provided to me in your posts.

This was very useful, and on account of these videos that you have posted, I have now practised prayer twice, incorporating nihyat and wudu.

While I was responding to these posts I realised that it was time for the day’s first prayer, so I did this, and this I have just completed.

I will point out that the second and third video would not open, saying ‘not available at this time’, so I took this as a sign that for now, I ought to concentrate on what I had been shown in the first video.

The first time I tried to follow the example of the video, was last night. Now, I will have to find myself a special jug and bowl to dedicate to this purpose. I had to use a beaker of water, and find a large bowl in the kitchen to perform my first prayer, as these are what I had to hand for the time being.

I realise that when I go to town tomorrow, I should find myself a special book and pen to dedicate to the purpose of writing down what I am learning about Islam, because writing down on loose papers doesn’t feel very organised or sacred, so this I must do. None the less, for the time being I wrote down the du’a, so I knew what to try and recite in prayer after wudu.

What I did was: in order to practise nihyat, I simply sat and took three deep breaths, imagining that I was inhaling white light into my heart on each in-breath, and exhaling black smoke on the out-breath, in order to tell my mind to breathe in goodness down into my heart, and breath out any negativity from it, in preparation to attempt my communication to Allah.

After this, I was concentrating upon making sure that I practised wudu correctly, so much so, as I was washing my hands and arms, I realised that I had forgotten to say ’bismillah’, and so I just said it as soon as I remembered, and continued.

I did my right hand, arm, left hand, arm, not forgetting the elbows of each, thrice. Then my face, thrice. Then rinsed my mouth, using the same water to sniff up my nose, which I expected to feel very uncomfortable, but it didn’t, it just felt as if I had been swimming, and I did this thrice. Then my ears in the way the man shows on the video, then my hair/head, back and forth, and then used the remaining water on my feet, all thrice.

When I was ready to try and do the du’a, I tried my best to say this as shown, but no doubt my pronunciation was imperfect, but I am trying. I wanted to make an attempt to recite the Arabic, to show Allah my willingness to learn, but then I also spoke out the words afterwards in English as well, because in knowing that I could do this perfectly and without error, I felt that I was respecting Allah, in that at least I could offer Him the du’a in this respect unfalteringly.

Then, I stood, cleared my mind, and knelt to the floor, bowed down, and recited the ‘The Opening’.

I finished the prayer by saying ‘Amen’.

The second time I prayed was earlier on at first prayer time, I stopped writing these responses to do it.

This time, when it came to recital of ‘The Opening’, what I did was, and even though I had to move position slightly to move my hands while bowing, I used the link that Suriyah gave me to ‘The Opening’ prayer in Arabic, and as I clicked for the man to sing each line of the first verse of the Quran in Arabic, I put my head to the floor again and I responded by reciting the same line in English to Allah.

I will learn how to recite in Arabic, but for now, at this early stage, I felt that I had none the less dedicated the prayer to Allah both in Arabic (even if through the voice of another, which I tried to transmit to Him through my own heart), and in the tongue that I understand perfectly well.

I hope that this was okay. I’m trying.

Hello Manal.

your heart is true when it comes to islam being the right religion. take your time learning about islam, ask all the questions u need, and when u do take ur shahada. but don't wait to long, cause u never know what tomorow would be like. take care Peter, may god bless you and all of us.

Many thanks for your concern. You are correct, we do not know what tomorrow will bring, I could get hit by a bus tomorrow.

God bless you Manal.

Hello Halah,

Thankyou for the link, I will be sure to check it out.

Thanks for welcoming me Shahzad.

Just keep urself away from the blood thirsty media.

I will. I have no interest in reading the tabloids again. I will immerse myself in the Quran and Islamic literature from now on.

Salaam Mairo.

InshaAllah (God willing) you will find a welcoming community when you visit the mosque in your area.

InshaAllah, I do hope so.

However, I do also want to add that the only requirements to be a Muslim is to confess that you believe that there is no god but God, alone and without partner, and confess that you believe that Muhammad is a messenger of God.

I understand.

I can understand that you may want to learn more about Islam, the Qu'ran, and Muhammad, peace be upon him, before making this declaration of testimony (shahada). But in reality, it sounds like you are just about there! It is not incumbent on being accepted or welcomed by the community or a mosque.

I am sure that I do yet deserve shahada, I am not worthy, not yet. I must make changes to myself as I am ill prepared to make such a monumental transformation, which is what it would and should be. I have too many vices that need to be addressed before I can take such a solemn vow to Islam. I have a great deal of thinking to do. I can’t just click my fingers and become a Muslim, that’s how it would feel to just instantly take shahada immediately and without deep contemplation. It would not feel sacred. I must surely at least finish reading the Quran for the first time. For me, it would have to be something for which I would set a date, and a time for, so that as the time approaches, I can bid farewell to my own self, and come to terms with his departure, and welcome in a different self, knowing for sure what my mission in life is. The time is soon, but not quite yet. I would not wish to enter into this officially, still carrying demons upon my back, lest I should carry them into Islam.

I seek community because I wish to know what others think about my desire to follow this path, and whether they think I am ready. I would also wish to take shahada, when that time comes, in the presence of others who can bear witness, it would feel very unremarkable to sit here alone and declare myself a Muslim, just like that.

If I was to encounter any negativity in approaching a community of Muslims, then I would not allow this to taint my image of Islam. According to something I heard, Islam is perfect, it is just that the people who practice it are not, we’re only human, after all. I won’t let people interfere with my attempt to understand God, nor my endeavour to follow His instruction.

I am not ready at this moment, but I will be ready soon. Allah will let me know, somehow, if He wills it, when the time is right.

Best wishes to you Mairo.

Peace be upon all of you good souls.

Nazihah

Be A Stranger
Hi Peter,

I'm a bit late here.
Welcome to TTI, welcome to the Family.
MashaAllah (Allah's willed), I'm very happy for you.

Upon conversion/reversion to Islam, the person bears no sin of his/her past. They will be like a new born baby. SubhanAllah.

May Allah s.w.t reward our Brothers and Sisters here who have provided you with much information.

Please go through the articles and videos we have here. If you have more questions on Islam, please feel free to ask. We will be more than happy to help you out.

May Allah s.w.t guide and make you among the righteous. Ameen.

Take care and best regards,

Nazihah:hijabi:

Inquirer

Hello Nazihah,

Thank you for your welcome, and kind words. :)

I have been thinking, because I have been praying, and saying the du'a:

I testify that there is no deity except Allah alone, and I testify that Mohammed is his slave and messenger.

Does this mean that when I first did this, even though my prayer was imperfect because I am only learning - but, does this mean that I have in fact taken shahada already, in that I have dedicted these words to Allah and made an announcement such as this?

I am wondering, I thought that prayer was to be enacted five times? Here however, are the prayer times for my locality, and there are six times for prayer depicted:

http://www.islamicfinder.org/prayer...&email=&home=2008-3-31&lang=&aversion=&athan=

I have prayed five times today, and will do so again at 9.46, but this will be a sixth time, and I thought that there were five prayers - or, am I getting confused with the five pillars?

I have everything to learn, but I will continue to pray, and to try and get better at it, keep reading and learning from the Quran, absorb information from this good place, and when I go into town on Tuesday, I will see what happens when I go to the mosque.

I am embarking upon a wonderful journey. I do hope, that as a Muslim, I can be a good one.

I am still surprised that Allah has burst into my life so suddenly.

He's been calling, and at last, I am calling back. :)