LIFE IN SYRIA

annamaria

BISMILLAH,i have been asked to write about syria now that i live here .i must admit we all found it hard at first, all the family ,the children found school really hard and boring hard because they are working two years in front of their year,and boring because they do not do any art,or drama ,or anything to put their mind off serious subjects .i am glad though we came here i say to any parents however you try hard to teach your kids islam beleifs in the end if they are with other societies they wiil try to imitate so i am glad we are here .because although syria is mixed of all religions everyone mixes and well but everyone is left to their own beleifs meaning if you are strict muslim you can be if u are moderate you can .alhamdulilah kids grow up but not with the idea of england that the only way of enjoying life in a pub.i ma glad alhamdulilah theres many places where we go with no alcohol there are a lot of restaurants who do not sell it so we can go and take children . the only thing we dont like here is the way of shopping its hard trying to put prices down and the minuit they know you are not syrians prices go up .i am glad syria now has started to have malls where prices are fixed so they cannot play with you ,but its expensive i find compared to england ,sometimes i wonder how people manage if they do not get good wages ,we are lucky alhamdulilah my husband has a very good job here my daughter too she was lucky to get a good job.she deserves it she worked hard and has a master degree in World Health so she is doing very well.the problem here is the mentality of a lot of them and syrians have become lazy since the satellite came in they spent a lot of time watching tv, they sleep late they do not get up early most shops do not open till 11 am so if you want to go early you can forget it .we decided to live otside damascus because we wanted a garden .Damascus is a lovely city but its bursting with cars and mini buses and taxis its very hard to find parking ,its all flats and we were not used to stay in flats ,we stayed for 1 month in one while our villa was being finished could not stand it ,not having a garden and neighbours problems ,although we are 25 km from damascus we do not find it hard to get into damascus when we want to go.but we are free to do wat we like ,no neigbours to fight with ,about water about putting our generator when electricity is cut off and etc...i found when i came to england how everyone is involved in their lives and do not care about wat is going on with the families here good or bad family they have to look after each other ,and they do when its neccesary,its taking time but we are getting there ,syria is changing for the better it needs time we are seeing the difference already i am glad though syria it stands for her beleifs and that is standing up for herself,i am glad its not like the rest of the middle east ,i can see there will be a lot of improvement it needs time ,

Shahzad

nice few lines sister. May ALLAH help u in settling there.

I would like to know more about damuscus. Its my dream to visit "Jama Masjid Umvi" or Ummiyad Mosque.

Syria has the best weather you can get.

Tell us about the situation Islam in Syria. Also, how r the ppl of syria? their nature etc etc

How long are the power breaks?

NAVEED

Assalamoalikum

I feel so jealous with you but not in a bad way because it is one of my dream to live in syria with my childern, specially that I visited damascus and halab ( aleppo) and I felt so touched with the country ,the mosques, the castles the battlefields, everything so attached with our glorious past. I pray to Allah SWT that he makes your stay easy and fruitful, and he makes means for me to go and settle in syria, Ammen ya Rabb.

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
Wa alaikum salaam

That sounds exciting to live in another country. I have been trying to leave United States for a few months just to experience something different but its been hard. So I could not tell if you were a sister or brother? But from your travels is easy for a sister to get around by herself. What about jobs? is it hard to get jobs?