What of our children???

ja_tu_miluju

As most of you know, I'm fairly new to Islam...and I've heard that our daughters need not wear Hijab until puberty..okay thats fine, but what about when they're younger, why do they not need to wear them? Also, do we need to have our young daughters wear hijab during prayer?

I don't know if my question is very clear, I"m sorry, I'm just confused all around..

If any of you can help ,please do.

Mumin01

The Prophet Muhammad PBUH said that once a girl starts to menstruate then she should wear the hijab, to show others that she is maturing into a woman

loveislam1

Asalam alikoum wa rahatmallah
A girl it becomes obligatory for her to wear the hijab when she starts menturation, however I think it is highly recomended for girls as young as well any age to get used to wearing the hijab in order to love and get used to and understand the meaning of hijab.

Children are not required to pray until they reach puberty either, but we are to teach them to pray...... same with the hijab, if you dont get them used to seeing you wear it or get them used to wearing it themselves in the masjid or during prayer then it wont be a love for them.

That being said if your 4 year old or 5 year old refuses to wear the hijab in the masjid or in prayer is fine inshallah, jsut take it slow and dont make it a big deal ......... your role modeling will be enough for her to one day adorn the hijab. Inshallah

That leads me to another question, we all know that hijab is obligatory for mensurating women, however can her family force her to wear hijab when she starts her menses? Or is it likened with the prayer at a certain age you have to "leave it up to them" to chose to make a sin or not by not wearing it or going to prayer?

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
If you noticed, In All islamic teachings (Not only Hijaab), our actions are only accounted for when reaching the age of puberty, because only then will the body and mind be fully grown, at which one can have full awareness over the surrounding environment, thats why when a child dies before reaching the age of puberty he/she goes straight to heaven without judgement..

in Hadith - Dawud, Narrated As-Saburah
[Also recorded by Ahmand and al-Hakim. Al-Syuti has give in a notation signifying that it is authentic. Al-Albani has graded it hasan. Al-Albani, Sahih al-Jami, vol. 2, p. 1021.]
The Prophet saaw said: Order your children to pray at the age of seven. And beat (smack) them [lightly] if they do not do so by the age of ten. And separate them in their bedding.

and because 10 is the avarage age of puberty, only then we can order our children to pray or for our daughters to wear Hijab. So it would be a good idea to use the first 10 years to have our children exercising islam before practicing islam.

q8penpals

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
If you noticed, In All islamic teachings (Not only Hijaab), our actions are only accounted for when reaching the age of puberty, because only then will the body and mind be fully grown, at which one can have full awareness over the surrounding environment, thats why when a child dies before reaching the age of puberty he/she goes straight to heaven without judgement..

quote]

Salam

The body and mind ARE NOT fully grown when puberty starts!! The body doesn't become fully grown usually until 6-8 years after puberty starts for girls, and longer (on average) for boys. Insha'Allah, your mind is never fully grown (and teens are notorious, in many, many countries around the world for NOT being mature and grown up)!

The age of puberty is when Allah is making us accountable because that is what Allah wants, pure and simple. Like someone said in a different post - sometimes it is simply done a certain way because Allah said so.

Lana

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
Children learn by example. If your daughter sees you wearing it, she will want to, because children are naturally curious. We also have to explain to them the importance of hijab in a way that they will understand. It should not be forced, but the younger the better because they will develop a love for it as they get older inshallah. Allah knows best.:blackhijab: