The Boycott is working!!!

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
COPENHAGEN, April 14, 2008 (AFP) - Danish Foreign Minister Per Stig Moeller warned Monday that the reprinting of a controversial cartoon of the Prophet Mohammed in Danish media would lead to a lengthy boycott of Danish goods in the Middle East.

The boycott will be "long-lasting, and could lead to lasting losses," he told financial daily Boersen.

Consumers in the Middle East have boycotted the Danish-Swedish dairy group Arla Foods' products since at least 17 Danish newspapers in February republished a Danish cartoonist's caricature featuring the prophet's head with a turban that looked like a bomb with a lit fuse.

The newspapers decided to reprint the cartoon, first published in 2005 along with 11 others, after Denmark's intelligence agency uncovered a plot to kill the cartoonist.

The 12 cartoons sparked violent protests across the Muslim world in early 2006, and led to a boycott that time too that caused Arla Foods a loss in earnings of some 450 million kroner.

"The boycott (this time) is the choice of the consumers. It's not a political boycott, like it seemed to be last time. This is something that could drag on for a long time," Moeller said.

Arla Foods said last week that turnover was only at half the level expected so far this year, and if the trend were to continue for the full year the loss in earnings would amount to 1.3 billion kroner (174.28 million euros, 274 million dollars).

Neither the Danish foreign ministry, the Confederation of Danish Industries (DI), nor the Danish Agricultural Council have provided an estimate for the losses incurred because of the boycott this time.

The 2006 boycott in the Middle East led to a 28 percent drop in exports, or 990 million kroner, in the February to June period compared to the same period a year earlier, according to DI.

sa/po/nl/mb

Denmark-Mideast-food-Islam-media-consumer

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
COPENHAGEN, April 14, 2008 (AFP) - Danish Foreign Minister Per Stig Moeller warned Monday that the reprinting of a controversial cartoon of the Prophet Mohammed in Danish media would lead to a lengthy boycott of Danish goods in the Middle East.

The boycott will be "long-lasting, and could lead to lasting losses," he told financial daily Boersen.

Consumers in the Middle East have boycotted the Danish-Swedish dairy group Arla Foods' products since at least 17 Danish newspapers in February republished a Danish cartoonist's caricature featuring the prophet's head with a turban that looked like a bomb with a lit fuse.

The newspapers decided to reprint the cartoon, first published in 2005 along with 11 others, after Denmark's intelligence agency uncovered a plot to kill the cartoonist.

The 12 cartoons sparked violent protests across the Muslim world in early 2006, and led to a boycott that time too that caused Arla Foods a loss in earnings of some 450 million kroner.

"The boycott (this time) is the choice of the consumers. It's not a political boycott, like it seemed to be last time. This is something that could drag on for a long time," Moeller said.

Arla Foods said last week that turnover was only at half the level expected so far this year, and if the trend were to continue for the full year the loss in earnings would amount to 1.3 billion kroner (174.28 million euros, 274 million dollars).

Neither the Danish foreign ministry, the Confederation of Danish Industries (DI), nor the Danish Agricultural Council have provided an estimate for the losses incurred because of the boycott this time.

The 2006 boycott in the Middle East led to a 28 percent drop in exports, or 990 million kroner, in the February to June period compared to the same period a year earlier, according to DI.

sa/po/nl/mb

Denmark-Mideast-food-Islam-media-consumer

Sweet :D
We can refrain from eating danish candies.

OsMaN_93

Here to help
ALHAMDULELAHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!
thats excellent news
jazak Allah khiaran
:salam2:

Shahzad

who says it doesnt work.
They must have learnt the lesson by now and will learn more :)
nice post indeed

liaa

one question? is pepsi or coca cola company suporting israel?? cause i buy like 2 bottles every day !! does anyone knows what companies donate money to israel?

warda A

Sister
who says it doesnt work.
They must have learnt the lesson by now and will learn more :)
nice post indeed

Sorry brother, they should have learnt the lesson before , this is the second time for the boycott, so what makes you think they will ever learn?
and what about the people who have lost jobs or sustainance, mark you with things like that even the prices of food get hiked, so what is the good news there? mark you i do not sympathies with the cartoonist, they could go to hell for all i care, but the muslim world should learn how to depend on themselves first before................ oh what the heck we are a weak nation!

tabaria

one question? is pepsi or coca cola company suporting israel?? cause i buy like 2 bottles every day !! does anyone knows what companies donate money to israel?

Pepsi is the one you should buy. Coca Cola supports israel.

OsMaN_93

Here to help
The Prophet (pbuh) said: If one of you sees something evil he should change it with his hand. If he cannot, he should speak out against it, and if he cannot do even that he should at least detest it in his heart, this being the weakest form of faith.
[Muslim]

We join millions of other Muslims around the world in condemning the inappropriate actions taken by the danish newspaper which insulted the beloved Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). We also condemn the danish government for turning a blind eye and for their insensitivity.

Going a Step Further

Having seen the immense unity generated by these blasphemous pictures, we want the Muslims, especially the Muslim Businesses to go one step further! We urge all Muslims to promote and buy only products made by Muslims. We urge the Muslim businesses to take full advantage of the situation and produce substitutes. This is a brilliant opportunity for us to make a mark. Together we can make a difference.

source online article i thought it was very nice :lol:
:mashallah:

amjaddamen

brother

Sorry brother, they should have learnt the lesson before , this is the second time for the boycott, so what makes you think they will ever learn?
and what about the people who have lost jobs or sustainance, mark you with things like that even the prices of food get hiked, so what is the good news there? mark you i do not sympathies with the cartoonist, they could go to hell for all i care, but the muslim world should learn how to depend on themselves first before................ oh what the heck we are a weak nation!

that is 100% right

PARVEZ SHAHIDI

LET US HIT THEM HARD BY BOYCTTING THE PRODUCTS OF THE JEWS AND THE DENMARK.

MAY ALLAH(SWT) TAKE THIS AS OUR IBADA.

BECAUSE WE ARE DOING THIS FOR THE LOVE OF ALLAH(SWT), OUR BELOVED PROPHET & OUR MUSLIM BROTHERS AND SISTERS.

PARVEZ SHAHIDI

Pepsi is the one you should buy. Coca Cola supports israel.

BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN ISLAM :salam2:

LET US HIT THEM HARD BY BOYCTTING THE PRODUCTS OF THE JEWS AND THE DENMARK.

MAY ALLAH(SWT) TAKE THIS AS OUR IBADA.

BECAUSE WE ARE DOING THIS FOR THE LOVE OF ALLAH(SWT), OUR BELOVED PROPHET & OUR MUSLIM BROTHERS AND SISTERS.

happy_now

Though I am glad to see it's boycotting rather than burning buildings down or something violent, i dont see why punush danish companies and government for something newpapers did. Dairy and candy companies had nothing to do with it. And how could the government stop it? Honestly, i think too much is made of the cartoons. Yes, it's disprespectful, but this is life. And I think let Allah handle it. It's nothing we need to be concerned about.

Rather than punishing jews, wouldn't it be better to find a solution to the problem?

I have some muslim friends that were hacking jewish msn accounts and websites...and what can be accomplished with this? Surely there are better ways to get things done.