Hello

Child of GOD

Hi, I'm 49, married for 20 years, 4 sons, 2 grandsons. I homeschool my sons because I cannot stand public schools. I homeschool them thru a Christian school. I'm a solid believer in God and Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior. I joined here to research for myself,,"those" misconceptions of Islam.
I feel the need to tell you up front,,I DO NOT agree with our soldiers being in the middle east!!! I do not agree with our President. I DID NOT VOTE FOR HIM!!! I AM and always have been a democrat. Now having said that,,I do have difficulty seeing the middle east as being innocent of wrong doings!!:confused: So be patient,, I do not wish to be disrespectful to anyone.
We have always taught our sons to think for theirselves , to love (or at least) try to love ALL others. They are are spiritual, open minded, and very loving. Well for now I will go , do not wish to talk to much or step on toes. I can be very chatty at times :redface:

dna1987

Muslim Guy
Heya, welcome to the site.

I hope you like reading articles and posts on the site; and understanding a bit more about Islam just by reading some of the discussions that go on here about topics such as school, prayer, marriage, etc.

Child of GOD said:
I joined here to research for myself,,"those" misconceptions of Islam.

That alone is a nice enough thing to hear, that you have decided to look into the religion yourself and not just take in second hand information from other sources. But it's also nice that you're against US soldiers being in the Middle East.

Anyways, that's all from me.

Peace.

AishaR

Welcome to the site

You didnt mention your name, so I dont mean to be rude by asking. Its nice to be able to call you by your name.

Thank you for your honesty & I dont think our troops should be there either but thats another story.

There is lots of information here you can use & please feel free to ask any questions. Has long as you keep to the site rules, you shouldnt step on any toes.

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=747&highlight=site+rules

Take care
Aisha

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Hiya

Welcome to the site, hope you enjoy your time here.

Feel free to browse the site and learn the truth about the misconceptions on islam...

If you have any questions dont hesitate to ask :)

I can be very chatty at times :redface:

Once i start i dont stop....lol :shymuslima1:

muslima80

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
yeah..Due to we are slave of Allah (God)..

we are not his childs or sons or ..:astag:

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
[1] Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;
[2] Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;
[3] He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;
[4] And there is none like unto Him.
(112)

that's good Article insha` Allah it's useful u..

See : A brief look at ‘Eesa (Jesus) – peace be upon him

peace,

Child of GOD

We as christians considered ourselves as servants of God and also that he is the Father of us all,,does that help you to understand or think better of why I picked that?

:shake:

Peace and God Bless
Sheri

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
mmm...Are you know English Well ?

servants of God = Chlid of God

watting ur Reply..

peace

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Hello welcome to the website Sheri, and congrats on having such a nice family and being a grandmother!

Please keep in mind that as an Islamic website, we represent all Muslims. People from the Middle East account for only a small fraction of the entire Muslim population on our beautiful planet.

There are more Muslims in the following countries on their own then there are in the Middle East. China, India, Indonesia to name a few.

Also, i agree with you that the Middle East has problems on each sides. However, the issues have been one-sided with the criminality being with the Israelis and Western policies which have destroyed what were once posperous and peaceful countries.

But, this is politics and is not the main focus of our website. But, it unfortunately does come up because these things happen in the Muslim world.

Muslims are against all forms of violence and abuse against other peaceful people. It is a clear sin to do that and goes against how God has taught us and how our Prophet Muhammad :)saw:) the last and final messenger taught us.

Read This: Terrorism and the Oppression of Women Has Nothing to Do With True Islam.
THank you byeeee.

Child of GOD

I wish all of you the very best. May God Bless you and protect you. Thank you for the ones that welcomed me here. Thank you for the ones who answered my questions.
I will continue to pray for peace and love.
I will continue to pray that all corrupt governments come to an end.
Now, if you would be so kind as to show me how to delete my membership here, I shall be on my way
Thank you,
God Bless :SMILY252:

Sheri

:SMILY259:

Joslyn

Allah's Way of Life
Child, the short answer is that Muslims don't believe we are children of God. They don't view God as "father."

As you know, the Christian concept of God as father doesn't mean that we think God had a wife and children... rather, it's a term of endearment and one we gather from the New Testament. But to Muslims, God is Master and we are His slaves. They believe that He loves us and provides for us, of course, but the imagry (and concept) of father and adopted children is not there.

Hope that helps.

mistrx

Come as you are..
Know what? Sorry but, I'm not sure on what reply you are waiting for.

Peace

hello and welcome.

I think you as a christ made a well decision to join this site in order to learn something very very interesting which will help your in your life here in this earth and who knows maybe also in beyond but to show your respect to Muslims here...

...you should change your name.. because not everybody really knows on the first sight that you mean you are the "servant of god"..

you know what?

you can change your nick to "servant of god"

I think that's a pretty good idea..

duran

Hey Welcome to TTI

That was good introduction....good to have someone like u...You can learn about US and same as we can learn from u....

i don;t wat to say except WELCOME:)

Peace
Duran

AliIbanez

A Stranger in Dunyah
Thanks for the warm welcome Duran

Thanks for the warm welcome Duran, where you from? Yes, for the past 2 days, I've been hook to this site and its very enlighting to read the messages of our brothers and sisters. Salamualaikum.

Hey Welcome to TTI

That was good introduction....good to have someone like u...You can learn about US and same as we can learn from u....

i don;t wat to say except WELCOME:)

Peace
Duran

AliIbanez

A Stranger in Dunyah
Welcome too, Im a former Roman Catholic from the Philippines. It's very nice to hear someone like you joining us. May Allah enlighten you about Islam. Just want to use the method of the prophet of how he invite non-muslims to Islam. "LA ILAHA ILL ALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASOOL ALLAH" meaning There is no god except Allah and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah". And I want to share this verse from the holy Quran :

"...and nearest among them in love to the believers wilt thou find those who say, "We are Christians": because amongst these are men DEVOTED TO LEARNING and men who have RENOUNCED THE WORLD, and they are NOT ARROGANT."

I capitalized the three categories of those AMONG Christians and I hope you're one of them.

fahad96

Fahad
Dear, We are slave of Allah (God)..

But we are / you are not his Childs or sons or ..................

Regards
Fahad

Tamer

May Peace be upon all muslims

Dear Sheri ,
hello and welcome to the site , thanks for having put the question , 'cause it has given a interesting debate.

I've lived for all my life in Italy , which one of the most Christian country , for the influence of Vatican State , and so I know so much Christian way of thinking ; not all Christians adfirm Isa (Christ) as son of God (even if the most of them do this) , what is for me , and all muslims , a big error .
But when you born , you also were muslim (yes!You too) , the misconception of society usually corrupt the people , together with Satan's work , and give them wrong way.
I think it's very easy sometimes to see the thruth , as in this one. You have just to see : when you born you've a mother , and you have a father , Allah , the only one God , is your Creator , and as someone also mentioned , is your Master , but not father , your father has a life , like you and me , as all the fathers , and has born and will die , like all the fathers in the world , and like you and me , he will be judged in the Day of Judgement as all the fathers , as me and you also ; so you cannot refer to Allah , to the only one God , as your father but as your Creator , your Master. If He would be your father , it would mean He'd to born and He'd to die , and He'd to be judged on the Day ; no it's wrong that ; He never born and never will die , and He will Judge us and
He won't be judged. So how can you adfirm it anymore ? It's wrong term think about.

Hoping not to have bored you , I've tried to give you my point of view not as arrogance , but just as the simplest way to think about without referring to Book you could not believe.

I hope for you and your family the best from Allah ,

and may Peace be upon all muslims.