a new mosque:)

amir_al_shahid

Salam aleykum
Good news for the muslims in sweden and scandinavia:) they going to build a new mosque in the city of Göteborg (gothenburgh) inshallah.
Here is the link to the page i found it on:

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/...59423735&pagename=Zone-English-News/NWELayout

GOTEBORG, Sweden — After years of praying in halls and basements, Muslims in the Swedish city of Goteborg are rejoicing as this year's Ramadan bings them closer to their distant dream of a stately mosque with a dome and minarat.
"This year's holy month of Ramadan brought good news for us in Goteborg," Abdulghani Hakki, president of the Muslim Association in the city, told IslamOnline.net.

"The construction of the stately mosque Muslims have long dreamed of will begin in the next few weeks," he added.

After two years of planning, the mosque construction will start thanks to Saudi funding.

"The construction licence was initially granted in 1996," recalled Hakki, also a member of the Islamic Awqaf in Sweden which will supervise the building.

He noted that the mosque idea was first tabled in the 1980s by a Turkish group before later being championed by the Islamic Awqaf.

But it was last year's agreement with Saudi Arabia to finance the mosque project that paved the way for the long-cheriched dream to turn real.

The mosque, to be established on the bank of Gota river, is a traditional place of worship with a dome and a crescent minarat.

Designed by Swedish archticts, the mosque will combine both the Islamic spirit and innovation of modern architecture.

The 5000-meter mosque will accomodate about 1200 people.

Goteborg, which lies on the west coast of the Scandinavian country, is home to nearly 40,000 Muslims, mostly from Somali, Turkish, Bosnian and Moroccan background.

Prayer Halls

Walking through the streets, the places where Muslims perform their prayers are just buildings like the old factory in Stallmastaregatan street.

Al-Rabeta prayer hall in Angered suburb is only a set of borads that could be attached toghether to make a room for Muslim worshipers.

Muslims in Gotenborg, the second largest city after the capital Stockholm with a population of 450,000, have long complained of lacking a spacious mosque to accomodate the faithful.

They currently have only 15 prayer houses, mostly in small, modest halls, or in basements and garages.

There are a few stately mosques in cities like Malm? and Stockholm, where Muslims are basically concentrated.

The Sheikh Zayed Mosque, the only stately mosque in the capital, is the main Islamic center in Sweden and liaises with authorities on behalf of Muslims.

Semi-official figurs estimate that there are nearly 200,000 Muslim in the Scandinavian country of nine million.

Leaders of the Muslim minority put the number at 400,000.

thefighter

CONGATULAITONS

CONGATULAITONS to all Muslims brothers & sisters in the west, and I hope they keep working together and practise real Islam to be passive da'yas; to practice Islam very well in order to vonvey the true image of it.

Greek_Rose_2005

Please if there is any brothers or sisters that read this in the Goteburg Sweden area pls pls pm me! I am in need of help for someone very close to me, thank you!