hello! a 14 year old Mormon Seeks guidance pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muslim-

lost said:
Back to the point, part of my problem is that there are no masjid's or mosques or anything like that near enough to me that I could travel unknown to. I had looked it up in several sources and the nearest known muslim church...or whatever else it is called...is about half-a-days drive away. So I assume I am getting no help or experience in person.
It does put me in a position where I'm thinking now that there is no possible way for me to learn as I'd like to first hand, rather than just by reading articles on the internet when able. And it also has me thinking that it is impossible for me to carry on any other way then I had been before. And to tell the truth..I've slowly been giving in to the pressures placed on me, and trying to convince myself that it's okay because 'everyone else is doing it'..when really, I feel as if I'm betraying everything good left in this world.

I do have to admit that, not only is it that I believe in these things, it's also that I have noticed muslim women are the most respected, and dare I say, 'unopressed' women in the world. I'm not trying to show self-pity nor trying to offend anyone, but I think I..as well as many other females..are opressed in a different, more subtle way. That is, in order to be accepted, feel worth something, or appear 'appealing' to certain others..You have to dress, talk, act, believe etc. as they want you to. If that makes sense.
That's not what this is about, so I wont go any further..but what I'm getting at is...Maybe the 'bad experiences' that have happened to me, and will continue to happen to me could be stopped.
But dont take that the wrong way, please...The hope of gaining more respect from others for myself and my body is only a plus...It is NOT the only reason why I've come here looking to learn.

I have to admit, I might've entered these forums a little too excited and a little too eager. Well..I am excited to learn..and I know I should slow down a bit...I am quite aware of what a big descision this all entails.
Anyways, again, I hope I've made sense. A 14 year old girl attempting to express herself is a little difficult sometimes...

Very nicely written once again. Really nice English from a 14 year old, I wish I could write like that when I was 14! You deffinitely have writing abilities, so keep up the good work on your writing.

I agree with you, with Muslim woman being respected and unoppressed. The funny thing is people just make up things rather than asking or engaging. For example when some people see a Muslim girl in Hijab (the head scarf), they automatically assume she is being forced by someone. Yet, i've seen a lot of people who wear the hijab on their own decision, for example a lot of reverts to Islam, and also a lot of Muslim girls.

And you're right, it's also unoppressive in the fact, it shows people that it's not all about showing your body. As one person eloquently stated, a female is like a Pearl or Diamond (one of the 2), and therefore she cant just be left like she is, so you have to take great care, and what does a person do with a pearl or diamond? they protect it. So the same with a female. Its not all about showing your body to the whole world, and for what reason?

I feel sorry for you, that the mosque is so far, and that there are no Muslims around, so you could gain person contact. I hope you do find someone who you could talk to, and learn from.

This is just a internet forum, but please do feel free and welcome here to ask anything you want.

Dont hesitate to ask, at the end of the day questions are the best way to learn. So if you ever do have any concerns, anything about Islam, anything you dont understand, then feel free to ask, and im sure people here will try there best to give you a clear answer.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
lost said:
Once again, thank you. You're all too kind. I have read about what is involved in actually becoming a muslim..but thanks anyway.

I apologize if I have been the cause of any problems/issues/mistrustings between any of the members here. If so, I promise it was not intentional at all. And if you like, we can drop the subject there.

Back to the point, part of my problem is that there are no masjid's or mosques or anything like that near enough to me that I could travel unknown to. I had looked it up in several sources and the nearest known muslim church...or whatever else it is called...is about half-a-days drive away. So I assume I am getting no help or experience in person.
It does put me in a position where I'm thinking now that there is no possible way for me to learn as I'd like to first hand, rather than just by reading articles on the internet when able. And it also has me thinking that it is impossible for me to carry on any other way then I had been before. And to tell the truth..I've slowly been giving in to the pressures placed on me, and trying to convince myself that it's okay because 'everyone else is doing it'..when really, I feel as if I'm betraying everything good left in this world.

Hi there, its important not to lose hope and have patience, Allah is with the patient. Its particularly hard for young people especially in a culture where we are meant to do a lot of sinful things just to conform. Such as fornication, binge drinking and even taking drugs.

God has given the world clear guidelines and rules to live their life and act with other people. When those are ignored, forgotten or even changed then corruption and malice takes place in the society. This leads to breakdown of family, unhappiness and even war.

This is not to say that every Muslim is perfect, there are good and bad everywhere, but any mistakes are due to our ignorance of Islam. Islam itself is perfect, its what God has revealed to all mankind, subhanAllah (Glorified be Allah).

I am glad that you came here to learn more, we will do our best to help you with any questions you may have inshaAllah. Just remember that God is always with the ones with clear and true hearts. Those who are sincere and kind, Allah will guide and make things easy for them. He is the all-seer the all-knower.

peace. :)

lost

Muslim- said:
Hi 'Lost',

it's not surprising to hear that you already believe in what you have read about Islam. Islam is a religion that is for mankind. It continues the message given in the Bible and also in the Torah. The only problem is, that the Torah and Bible were then changed by man, otherwise in their true form, they were a revelation from God, just as the Quran is.

Jesus is our beloved prophet, just as Moses is. (peace be upon them).

Islam and Christianity has various similarities, such as what you stated yourself.

To be honest, even though there are several similarities between Islam and Christianity...If you think about it, why else would I have begun to fall away from the religion of my family if I hadn't felt there was more? If that makes sense. In a nutshell, I mean that I had trouble because I kept feeling like there was more, or that certain things they told me weren't entirely true.
Whenever I stated my beliefs concerning the Bible and other such writings, in order to not end up lying, I'd say that I believe in it's teachings as far as it is translated correctly. So in other words, I am aware that no one can be sure of how genuine the Bible really is.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
lost said:
To be honest, even though there are several similarities between Islam and Christianity...If you think about it, why else would I have begun to fall away from the religion of my family if I hadn't felt there was more? If that makes sense. In a nutshell, I mean that I had trouble because I kept feeling like there was more, or that certain things they told me weren't entirely true.
Whenever I stated my beliefs concerning the Bible and other such writings, in order to not end up lying, I'd say that I believe in it's teachings as far as it is translated correctly. So in other words, I am aware that no one can be sure of how genuine the Bible really is.

Yes, you are right here. And what you say conforms to what Islam says about the Bible too.

We do not know which parts of the bible are accurate and which are fabrications.

Unfortunately, Christians innovated and added a lot of new concepts into their religion.. from the creation of the trinity, through to the obviously pagan culture as seen in the Christmas and easter festivals i.e Christmas tree, which stems from the pagans sending offerings to the spirit of the evergreen trees.

Its for these reasons that God sent Muhammad :saw:, the last and final messenger.

lost

Muslim- said:
Very nicely written once again. Really nice English from a 14 year old, I wish I could write like that when I was 14! You deffinitely have writing abilities, so keep up the good work on your writing.

I agree with you, with Muslim woman being respected and unoppressed. The funny thing is people just make up things rather than asking or engaging. For example when some people see a Muslim girl in Hijab (the head scarf), they automatically assume she is being forced by someone. Yet, i've seen a lot of people who wear the hijab on their own decision, for example a lot of reverts to Islam, and also a lot of Muslim girls.

And you're right, it's also unoppressive in the fact, it shows people that it's not all about showing your body. As one person eloquently stated, a female is like a Pearl or Diamond (one of the 2), and therefore she cant just be left like she is, so you have to take great care, and what does a person do with a pearl or diamond? they protect it. So the same with a female. Its not all about showing your body to the whole world, and for what reason?

First of all, thank you for your compliments on my writing. I try. I've been told that my soul is much older than my body. I dont know how true that is, but it's how a lot of people have explained the way my mind works.

Anyways, I have no desire whatsoever to get into the sort of things that this world now calls 'normal'. I have really been trying hard to not allow any of it to get to me, so as to avoid any of it becoming a habitual thing.
About the Hijab, I do think that most guys would much rather like to look at a woman wearing a mini skirt, rather than a head scarf. Which is exactly why I wouldn't mind at all wearing it. Not that I don't want to attract any boys, I AM a teenager after all. It's just that I have had my fair share of stalkers, etc. And over all, just bad experiences.
Believe it or not, I was never really that religious until the passed few months. But I have always been one of those people who actually enjoys learning...specifically about culture, history, religion, etc. And like I said, I am excited now because I do think that I might've found what I was looking for.

Muslim-

lost said:

Thats true, I completely agree with you. I was just stating similarities, like respecting Jesus peace be upon him, Mary, and also modesty.

The interesting thing is, in the Bible it was also revealed that there will be a prophet after Jesus (I'm not sure in exactly which book that was, if someone could give the specific location), and his characteristics were the same as our Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him.

And even a lot of the Jews, were waiting for this prophet, and fled to Madinah, in order to wait for the Prophet peace be upon him.

lost said:
First of all, thank you for your compliments on my writing. I try. I've been told that my soul is much older than my body. I dont know how true that is, but it's how a lot of people have explained the way my mind works.

Anyways, I have no desire whatsoever to get into the sort of things that this world now calls 'normal'. I have really been trying hard to not allow any of it to get to me, so as to avoid any of it becoming a habitual thing.
About the Hijab, I do think that most guys would much rather like to look at a woman wearing a mini skirt, rather than a head scarf. Which is exactly why I wouldn't mind at all wearing it. Not that I don't want to attract any boys, I AM a teenager after all. It's just that I have had my fair share of stalkers, etc. And over all, just bad experiences.
Believe it or not, I was never really that religious until the passed few months. But I have always been one of those people who actually enjoys learning...specifically about culture, history, religion, etc. And like I said, I am excited now because I do think that I might've found what I was looking for.

It's admirable that you dont want to get into things in this world called 'normal.' God offers true reward, and not the people.

Its amazing how people find religion, different people find it in different ways. For example the story of Cat Stevens, the famous pop singer, on the way he found Islam was fascinating.

3assal

Hi Lost, I wish you good luck in your journey through life, and inshAllah you will be guided to the right path. :)

Sister 3assal.

As for the argument on the subject of emails, we restrict this for the safety of our members. We wish that all of our members have a pleasant and safe environment, and that it follows Islamic guidelines. InshAllah any misunderstanding that occured here will be resolved and understood, that it was simply a safety precaution. No one meant to accuse anyone of anything!

May Allah guide us all and forgive us for our mistakes and judgements, InshAllah.

:salam2:

3assal:biggrin:

I am closing this topic to avoid anymore confusion :)

Status
Not open for further replies.