Speed up your computer

amjaddamen

brother

Speed up your computer

Everyone knows that Windows computers can sometimes slow down over time. While not an exhaustive list of solutions to problems, this collection presents seven ways to speed up a computer.

1. Defragment Your Hard Drive
Over time, the data on your hard drive gets scattered. Defragmenting your hard drive puts your data back into sequential order, making it easier for Windows to access it. As a result, the performance of your computer will improve.

2. Scan Your Hard Disk
Has your computer ever crashed, making it impossible to shut it down properly? Have you ever experienecd a power outage? These problems and others can cause damage to your system files. Windows provides a utility called scandisk that will automatically detect and fix much of the damage, improving your system's performance in the process.

3. Scan for Viruses
Viruses can wreak havoc on your computer. Detecting and cleaning viruses is an excellent way to improve your system's performance. There are many antivirus programs to choose from .

4. Check for Spyware and Adware
Spyware is software that allows companies to monitor what websites you visit or even access your computer. Adware is software that displays advertisements. Both use system resources and slow your computer down. Detecting and removing the programs will improve system performance.

5. Uninstall Unneeded Programs
Removing programs that you no longer use can free up space on your computer and speed up your system's performance. However, you need to uninstall the programs properly to see much improvement; deleting them is not enough.

6. Adjust Visual Effects for Better Performance
Windows XP provides a number of interesting visual effects like animated windows and fading menus. These effects, however, can slow down your computer. performance needs.

7. Stop Programs from starting on Windows boot
One way you can speed up your computer is to prevent programs from launching themselves at start-up. Not only do the unwanted programs delay the start of Windows, they also continue to slow down your computer since they use system resources.

ARMANI

Thanks for sharing these tips..
But what about hardware, i mean if u have top of the line hardware like mine..
Plz tell me do i need more speed..

Here are my computer specs :

Motherboard (MSI K9N SLI Platinum)
Processor (AM2 Athlon 5200+ X2 Overclocked ~ 3.0 Ghz)
CPU Cooler (Cooled by Asus SILENT KNIGHT)
Memory (Corsair XMS2 4GBx4 800)
Video Card's (Nvidia 8800GTS)
Hard Drive's (Western Digital Caviar GP 1TB Internal Sata Hard Drive # 2)
Hard Drive's (Raptor 74 GB x2 (10000) RPM)
Optical Drive (Asus DRW 18x18 DvD+R Light Scribe #2)
Power Supply (Cooler Master 650 Watts Sli Ready)
PC Casing (ASUS Vento 7700)
Sound Card (Creative Sound Blaster 24 Bit Live)
Speakers (Bose Speakers Acoustimass® module and SA-3 stereo amplifier)
Monitor (Dell 19" True Flat Monitor)
Operating System's (Dual Boot Windows XP Professional
Windows Vista Ultimate Edition 32Bit (PRE-Activated)