NEW MUSLIM

AdamMuslim

Besm Allah,
Assalamou Alikom Wrahmatou Allah,
My dear brother and sister in Islam,
I'm very happy that you've find the right path. This kind of event always brings tears to my eyes and makes me feel stronger.
The next step for you now is to marry inchallah.

your brother Adam,

:wasalam:

INTRESTED

sorry

Yes my girlfriend wanted to write a message so I let her she will probabley get her own account now has anyone else ever been in the sittuation that I found myself in if so get back would be intrested to know how others coped. My girlfriend was very pleased at the end of yesterday when she finally took a step on the right path and I think the link one of put on helped a great deal thanks

abdelanas

Muslim warrior
:salam2:
Befor you make her wear hijab make her imbrace islam first and then get married because having a girlfriend is haram in islam

INTRESTED

thanks

today she is wearing the hijab and she says she feels happy about it we are going to a shopping mall so fingers crossed

ShyHijabi

Salaam brother,

You seem to be ignoring a lot of the advice being given to you. Having a girlfriend is not permissible in Islam. And while wearing hijab is not a bad thing it seems you've gotten caught up in the details and missing the big picture. Wearing hijab is a minor detail when compared to converting. We recommend (many times) that you send her to speak to women at the mosque concerning Islam.

Simply by being around her without her family around is wrong and forbidden in Islam. You are not supposed to be alone with her, for any reason. And I am unclear as to why she wishes to wear hijab but but not look into converting?

Wasalaam

~Sarah

ShyHijabi

Salaam brother,

Then you need to send her to women in the mosque to get guidance. And at this point you need to make sure all interaction between you two is under the chaperone of a trusted Muslim. Are you two old enough to marry?

INTRESTED

thanks

Yes we are old enough and we will do as you say and keep apart untill we get married or when we are in company of someone thank you

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
As Salaam Alaykum Brother,

1. I would request you as well as her to read some very important basic info about Islaam like. Tawheed (Oneness of Allah), Shirk etc.

2. Also, I would request you to get the information of Islaam from authentic sources.
And the one very easy way to know that article or book that one is reading is authentic is that it will have references from Quran and hadeeth rather than the opinion of the author.

Below is the Link of the authentic articles:
Link --> http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11

May Allah help you.

A Kashmiri

First of all congratulations on becoming a muslim and May Allah show you the right path. It is important that you learn more and more about islam through The Glorious Quran and the Authentic Ahadeeth.

I congratulate your girl friend for wearing Hijab, it is indeed a great step and I hope she does it to Please Allah than pleasing you.

Inshallah i hope that soon she will become a muslim and you will get married and have a proper relation which is allowed by Islam

Masallama

INTRESTED

tODAY MY GIRLFRIEND WORE THE NIQAB SHE SAID SHE FELT COMFORTABLE IN IT AN SHE LIKED IT MORE THAN THE HIJAB SHE GOT CALLED A FEW NAMES BUT THAT GAVE HER STRENGTH NOW HER FREIND IS TALKING ABOUT WEARING IT. WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU ALL FOR THE HELP HOPE YOU CAN GET BACK WITH SOME POSITIVE MESSAGES ANYBODY ELSE BEEN IN SIMILER CIRCUMSTANCE GET BACK THANKS:salah:

cmelbouzaidi

I am still a bit confused, Brother "Interested". Has your girlfriend embraced Islam in her heart already that she has gone from day one of wearing hijab to niqab on day two? I think it is a rare circumstance that you two are in but I do wish you both the very best and may your faith and trust in the One God, Allah, grow every day.

If your friend is wearing niqab without actually really embracing Islam, I would be a little concerned myself. I consider myself a senior member of TTI at 38 and want to look out for my little brothers and sisters. I just can't quite grasp why someone would choose to wear hijab or niqab before becoming a little familiar with Islam and would like to hear more from your friend on her reasons for choosing to wear niqab. I don't want to say anything negative as you don't need that but please explain the circumstances more clearly and what lead to this major decision.... okay, I am just curious as it seems to me it was done to see what kind of reaction it would provoke in your community, May Allah forgive me, but this is my frank thinking, brother.

Zafran

Muslim Brother
hmmmm.....Big step from wearing a hijab and then a niqab.....How devouted is she?? I thought she didnt want to wear it.

susana25

Okay I am guessing that some how you are not understanding how series this is because although i am not fully converted i am understanding a lot of things and i know that in any time now i will fully convert because i am learning about the islam religion myself and also got myself the "Holy Qu'ran recite where it is on my cd and i listen to it all the time when i am not on my cycle to say the least.

I am glad that she is liking the Hijab and the niqab but that is true to what some people have commented on her if she is just wearing for the fashion than she is wearing it for the wrong reasons. Because I myself also think like that and i always say to myself "look at that hijab i think that it is so cute and I like that color" and that to me when i think about it in the long run before i read the "Holy Qu'ran" i thought of it that way.

and now that i have done some research into this religion and still am doing the research and loving it every step of the way that i find something interesting I just thought of it like this "Oh my goodness i thought of wearing the hijab for all of the wrong reasons" when i would fully convert into the lslam religion but now i think of it as (for when i fully convert): "it gives me the right place to serve allah this way which is the right way, and also gives me some respect of finding and embracing myself all over again and showing my fiance who is very soon to be my husband also some decency of respect toward him. But it also shows the strength of a women.

take for instance, my soon to be mother in law and my mother whom gave me birth (although my mother is not muslim, i spent a lot of time with my mother and my soon to be mother in law both of these women are very important in my life.) and I think that your girlfriend should watch the videos of people like myself are who are converting into the muslim religion that they have here on this website because they are all very inspiring and very touching one in which i do agree with the most of in this type of religion is how allah should be praised and prayed for.

May peace be with you and your girlfriend and i hope that everything is well with you

i am going to ask you this question is your family also muslim? or just you interested? and how did your family accept this news as to you converting into the muslim religion?

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

i am very pleased whenever i hear someone embracing islam. but i have read some things in your post that are of concern to me. the first thing is that the bf/gf relationship is haram in islam. the second thing is why would a non-muslim wear niqab? i know that people have already told you about the whole girlfriend thing as being haram, but they really haven't explained why it's haram.

firstly, when one embraces islam it erases all of one's previous sins. alhamdulillah for that. but if you continue in a practice such as dating and quite possibly comitting zinaa ( fornication ) you aren't starting off on the right foot. you embrace islam to save your soul from the hellfire, not to put oneself into it. islam is about willful submission, submission to the creator; therefore we have to give up some things or some people as part of the submission process. we as muslims must believe that everything that ALLAH SWT made lawful is of benefit to us and whatever ALLAH SWT has made unlawful to us isn't of benefit to us. so what i suggest is that you either marry this girl as soon as possible or gently let her go. i say this because it's impossible to be a pious muslim while maintaining an unlawful relationship.

her wearing hijab while not having said shahadah is of no benefit to her. she may have great respect for islam, but if she doesn't say :shahadah: with sincerity before she dies ( which can be at any time ) hijab and niqab will not be of benefit to her. because she is not blood related to you, she shouldn't even really be alone with you. i hate to seem harsh but if you want to practice islam, you have to practice it properly. have her talk with some sisters at the masjid, if she isn't able to attend, she should call 877-why-islam. they have live volunteers to answer any questions that she may have about islam. then she can truly check her heart and see if islam as a way of life is for her. and if she does embrace islam, she has to adjust herself by limiting her contact with you or she has to marry you as soon as possible. if she isn't ready for marriage, she may have to leave you, so that no further fitna occurs.

my hope is that she embraces islam and you marry soon.

INTRESTED

thanks

My girlfriend has read quite a bit about islam before so she knows about the important parts, as with us being together we hope a life of being muslims will help in gaining forgivness my girlfriend has been to the mosque and she is wearing a black niqab with gloves when ever we go out now thanks get back anyone:salah: