Ruling on Tongue-Piercings

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Is it permissable for men to get any type of piercing? This question was posed to me by a Muslim brother. When I told him Allah dislikes men that imitate women and women that imitate men, he asked about tongue piercings, saying that it's not exactly done by most females and mostly more by men. I wasn't really sure how to answer that except that maybe it was an act of Jahilliyah. So are tongue piercings permissable for men and if not, are there any type of piercings that are?

JazakAllah Khair.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
Is it permissable for men to get any type of piercing? This question was posed to me by a Muslim brother. When I told him Allah dislikes men that imitate women and women that imitate men, he asked about tongue piercings, saying that it's not exactly done by most females and mostly more by men. I wasn't really sure how to answer that except that maybe it was an act of Jahilliyah. So are tongue piercings permissable for men and if not, are there any type of piercings that are?

JazakAllah Khair.
:salam2:

i am not 100% sure, but i have a feeling that tongue piercing for men is haram. there is a lot of sexual connotation involved with tongue piercing. most men that have that pierced are usually gay men. it does not seem as something that is befitting for a believing muslim man.
:wasalam:

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
:salam2:

i am not 100% sure, but i have a feeling that tongue piercing for men is haram. there is a lot of sexual connotation involved with tongue piercing. most men that have that pierced are usually gay men. it does not seem as something that is befitting for a believing muslim man.
:wasalam:

Really? Wow, JazakAllah Khair