hate being stubborn!!

al-muslimah

:salam2:

Is being stubborn a disease? :confused: what does Islam say about this? :confused:
how can we cure ourselves? :confused:

I appreciate any help..thankyou in advance:)

:wasalam:

Bottlecap

any answers? :s
Hello :) I've noticed when I am stubborn and head strong it means that I am thinking that I know what's best for me in all cases and I know that's not the case, also sometimes it's pridefulness that makes me not want to listen. Two traits I work constantly on. I hope that helps a little

summertime

sister :)
brother bottlecap is right...a lot of the times stubborness comes with pride...we think we know better and refuse to listen to or understand other peoples opinions...i think a good way to get rid of the disease of pride is to read what the Quran and hadith have to say about those with pride...its causes and its consequences....inshAllah that will be enough to humble us and make us more accomodating inshAllah

Tanji

Is being stubborn a disease? :confused: what does Islam say about this? :confused:
how can we cure ourselves? :confused:

I appreciate any help..thankyou in advance:)

:wasalam:

According to some Muslim Scholars the fact of "insisting on one's own opinion or decision" in an early age doesn't mean something bad, but just the opposite, it's like if the young boy or girl starts having and building his or her own personality, her own world etc... so nothing is required except watch and care over them.

But be careful and don't confuse that with pride, "insisting on one's own opinion or decision" when adult and known to be a serious person with a known past is nothing bad but it is rather encouraged. It is definitely pride if present even in traces that should tended to and healed.

So the first thing to do is to make sure that you don't confuse stubbornness with pride. Pride can be healed.

Then make sure that you don't experience excessive stubbornness because that's not a cool way to coexist with others since in Islam we all should have an open heart and ears to what others say. So if it's an excessive stubbornness I suggest patience and lessons of mathematics and logic.

al-muslimah

So the first thing to do is to make sure that you don't confuse stubbornness with pride. Pride can be healed.
yess exactly! i dont think stubborness is the same as pride ..well maybe when we experience excessive stubbornness it turns to pride..and im not one of them at all!!

adiilah

hate being stubborn

salaam,

Alhamdullilah ....if u hate being stubborn it is already a good sign ...
coz u are looking into ur weakness and working toward it ...

Pray Allah to help you ...

Stubborn is also drive by the ego...the naf ....

someone may not like to lose ...or to be command by others ...or ..to receive orders ...to accept advice ....

i think.... if u are aware of ur stubborness then alhamdullilah ...every time a situation happen try to work on urself.... find out what make u stubborn ...is it someone ? something ? try to analyse it...

And insha Allah next time an occasion happen u would be able to control urself in better ways ...

It will take time before u are able to control ur ego.... but all depend upon the wills....

May Allah make easy for you ..remember among the best of the muslim are those with the best of character ....may Allah make us best muslimah

:tti_sister:

al-muslimah

i think.... if u are aware of ur stubborness then alhamdullilah ...every time a situation happen try to work on urself.... find out what make u stubborn ...is it someone ? something ? try to analyse it...

And insha Allah next time an occasion happen u would be able to control urself in better ways ...
thankyou sister for your reply..your post made me feel good..you bought important points..

yes!! inshallah ill get rid of it!! and ameen to your doaa!! :hearts:

massi

I just reply from an answer (stubborn= proud) :lol: :lol: :lol:
but what kind of stubborn you mean ...not all stubborn ought to be bad ...:lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm stubborn too ...:lol: :lol:

al-muslimah

LOL there is someone like me!! well maybe im not from the bad one..and maybe yes..wallah dont know..:lol: but my stubborness somtimes cause problems with my parents which could be bad..but i could NEVER be stubborn on islamic issues!! like if someone told me its haram i would let it halal or the other way round..NO WAY!! so dont now which level my stubborness is under..allah knows best:D

massi

LOL there is someone like me!! well maybe im not from the bad one..and maybe yes..wallah dont know..:lol: but my stubborness somtimes cause problems with my parents which could be bad..but i could NEVER be stubborn on islamic issues!! like if someone told me its haram i would let it halal or the other way round..NO WAY!! so dont now which level my stubborness is under..allah knows best:D
where are in the same case subhan Allaah ... :lol: :lol: :lol:
NEVER be stubborn on islamic issues!!
stubborness somtimes cause problems with my parents which could be bad

:lol: :lol: :lol:

A Kashmiri

Well , I believe it depends whether a stubborn nature is good or bad.

I am stubborn and dont accept india as my Country, i am Stubborn and always say I am A Kashmiri rather than an Indian. However i dont blindly hate all Indians only Indian army, Indian politicians etc . IS IT HARAM or BAD ?

Please correct me if I am wrong and please advise....

al-muslimah

Well , I believe it depends whether a stubborn nature is good or bad.

I am stubborn and dont accept india as my Country, i am Stubborn and always say I am A Kashmiri rather than an Indian. However i dont blindly hate all Indians only Indian army, Indian politicians etc . IS IT HARAM or BAD ?

Please correct me if I am wrong and please advise....
acctually i have somthing from your stubborness.. i act the same :( maybe its bad...

Tanji

first of all, Thanks for the replies..really some helped:)

but is stubbornness the same of being agnorant?? :confused:

Yes and no, ignorant of what others may think and say, no because you know you must keep just what you think. If you don't care whose nose you step on is hard as stubbornness. If you cannot prevent stubbornness then at least try to replace it, here's an example:

Even if you don't like so and so I will still do so and so... is hard as stubbornness. If you can replace it... it will become something like:

I want absolutely know of what you think about so and so...

um_mustafa

sister in Islam
salams ,
stubborness is best when directed in the the right way , for good and not stubborness jsut for the sake of it to, be right , but when it is in a just cause , like for what we belive in ,, it is good to be detirmed and stubborn as well, inshallah