Is islam the fastest growing religion?

Afghan

I hear allot about islam being the fastest growing religion. Theres allot of videos like on that subject youtube, but really is it?
Christians world wide in allot of countries spend allot of time and money converting people to their faith, is christianity growing faster than islam?

Ayep

I hear allot about islam being the fastest growing religion. Theres allot of videos like on that subject youtube, but really is it?
Christians world wide in allot of countries spend allot of time and money converting people to their faith, is christianity growing faster than islam?

Yes, Islam approx 1.5 billion today and Christianity about 2.1 billion. Christianity is not growing much these days.

By popular estimates in 15-20 years time will overtake Christianity as the major religion of the world. After 9/11 almost everywhere in the world Islam is growing at a rapid rate.

Islam is growing the the fastest growing religion in USA approx 200,000 converts a year.

Hope this helps.:SMILY231:

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Yes, Islam approx 1.5 billion today and Christianity about 2.1 billion. Christianity is not growing much these days.

By popular estimates in 15-20 years time will overtake Christianity as the major religion of the world. After 9/11 almost everywhere in the world Islam is growing at a rapid rate.

Islam is growing the the fastest growing religion in USA approx 200,000 converts a year.

Hope this helps.:SMILY231:

Very ironic. Shows that Allah (SWT) truly did use 9/11 for the greater use...

Like the others above me said, yes, Islam is one of (if not THE) fastest growing religion in the world.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum,

statistics, statistics statistics. :)

Even if the Muslims were not growing in such numbers it would not matter at all. Numbers mean nothing.

The Prophet :)saw:) said: The people will soon summon one another to attack you as people when eating invite others to share their dish. Someone asked: Will that be because of our small numbers at that time? He replied: No, you will be numerous at that time: but you will be scum and rubbish like that carried down by a torrent, and Allah will take fear of you from the breasts of your enemy and last enervation into your hearts. Someone asked: What is wahn (enervation). Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him): He replied: Love of the world and dislike of death. (Dawud)

What matters is our beliefs as Muslims and how we worship Allah. Making sure that we do so in correct way, upon pure Tawheed. Holding correct beliefs in Allah and following the Prophet Muhammad :saw:. This is our guarantee as Muslims to success, and is the ONLY way for Muslims to succeed. With the correct beliefs and foundations in place, we will be able to unite and love each other as brothers and sisters and be strong against the enemies of Islam who seek to persecute us.

This my brothers and sisters is their greatest fear. They dont care how many we are, they only care about whether we will ever go back to the original teachings of Islam. So you will see, like in the UK, the government backs schemes to "educate" Imams to their own system, they support innovators and people who do not teach Islam properly. For example in the UK they recently started backing a Sufi organisation to weaken the Muslims.

I recommend people read the following with regards to reviving the Deen and helping our Muslim Ummah grow strong, the following articles provide the correct Islamic way of going about this. This is better than having the largest economy, this is better than having the largest army, infact even if the entire world and all its armies were to come against you, Allah would protect you against them. This is nothing by the power of Allah.

Therefore i suggest you take your time to look at the following articles, which outline the very essense of Islam. Tawheed, and how important it is. Wasalam:

Importance of Tawheed in Reviving the Ummah

The Current State of the Muslim World

Why Muslims are Weak Today

SHAH01

FACTS

statistcs show that islam is the fastest growin religion in the world! not just mouth but fact..... even today wen i was at the global peace and unity event a woman declared her shahada nd converted 2 islam..... dnt we continuously here of converts converts and converts..... in my mosque every ramadan at least 6-7 ppl convert. (guiness world of record book states islam is the fastest growing religion). statistcs also show if this growth continues islam in a few yrs will pas christianity to be held the largest of religions. also a notice it is in AMERICA which islam is growin fastest nd among the growth it is mainly blak ppl and among that it is mainly western women hu are converting to islam. and anova 1 more fact b4 i go islam was not only the fastest growin religion after 9/11 BUT IN AMERICA THE NOBLE QURAN WAS THE BEST SELLING BOOK!!! hope this information reaches u in the best of iman! ASSALAMUALAIKUM!!

samiha

---------
Staff member
This my brothers and sisters is their greatest fear. They dont care how many we are, they only care about whether we will ever go back to the original teachings of Islam. So you will see, like in the UK, the government backs schemes to "educate" Imams to their own system, they support innovators and people who do not teach Islam properly. For example in the UK they recently started backing a Sufi organisation to weaken the Muslims.

Assalam.

I heard they are doing this in the U.S. too. IT's terrible yet not unbelievable.

And truly it doesn't matter weither Islam is the fasted growing religion ever, what matters is the state of the Ummah in general. It is SO easy to wear the title of a Muslim, but not as easy to practice Islam.
May Allah make it easy for us.

abuhamza

Assalamu Alaykum,

statistics, statistics statistics. :)

Even if the Muslims were not growing in such numbers it would not matter at all. Numbers mean nothing.

Well done. The muslims were numerically superior in the battle of Uhod than they were in Badr and they almost lost that one. Our deen has stretched from the Arabian Peninsula across the world, numbering over one billion and we are weak and despised. If anything there is a direct opposite relationship between the "numbers" of muslims and their situation in today's world. I submit it is more important to focus on matters of Quran, the Prophet's sunnah and behaviour than how many or how few we are. Faith springs from conviction, not from plenty. Remember, on the day of Judgement each individual will be judged by what he/she did alone, and will not care one whit about even their closest relative.

Tahar

A small point

Another small point to be made about the quality of those reverting to Islam: Most Westerners converting to Islam, like in the US, are educated women. It is the smart, enlightened, and educated kind of people that are finding their way to Islam. this is happening despite all the hate-speech spewing from the media, war-mongering and misinformation against Islam.

Islam makes sense to them because it is the true path to God where they find all the answers to their questions and problems.

SHAH01

MSHALLAH MASHALLAH BROVAS ND SISTZ I JUS CAME BAK FROM THE SENCOND DAY OF THE GLOBAL PEACE AND UNITY EVENT AND THIS IS MORE PROOF.......ALTOGETHER 16 PPL CONVERTED 2 ISLAM IN THE 2DAYS ON THE SHOW...... 6 ON STAGE AND THE REST BEHIND THE STAGE...... HOW WONDERFUL.... I PRAY ALLAH GUIDE THEM AND FLOURISH THEIR FUTURES WITH HAPPINES...... AND U WILL LUV DIS BIT PPL...... A 10 YR OLD CONVERTED AMONGST THE 16 THNX TO HIS FRENDZ..... THIS SHOW HOW THE YOUTH ARE REVIVING AGEN INSHALLAH ND THE FRENDZ ARE ONLY LITTLE CHILDREN 10 YRS OF AGE......

AliIbanez

A Stranger in Dunyah
I agree with Mabsoot. Even if we become majority in this world, we are useless like what the hadith describe to us (see what's happening to Palestine, in reality, majority in the West Bank and Gaze are Muslims and yet they are being controlled by small military might of Israel, how ironic.) The only solution is to go back to the original teachings of Islam and this doesnt start to the Ummah but individually.

Yahya1819

ISLAM IS THE FASTEST GROWING

“Islam is the fastest-growing religion in America, a guide and pillar of stability for many of our people...” (Hillary Rodham Clinton, Los Angeles Times).

“Moslems are the world’s fastest-growing group...” (The Population Reference Bureau, USA Today).

“....Islam is the fastest-growing religion in the country.” (Geraldine Baum; Newsday Religion Writer, Newsday).

“Islam, the fastest-growing religion in the United States...” (Ari L. Goldman, New York Times).

This phenomenon indicates that Islam is truly a religion from God. It is unreasonable to think that so many Americans and people from different countries have converted to Islam without careful consideration and deep contemplation before concluding that Islam is true. These converts have come from different countries, classes, races, and walks of life. They include scientists, professors, philosophers, journalists, politicians, actors, and athletes. (To read the stories of people who have converted to Islam, please visit the links at Stories of New Muslims.)