** Coca Cola contains alcohol? **

OsMaN_93

Here to help
:salam2:
Coca Cola contains alcohol! i have been hearing this recently, any ideas?
:astag: i don't drink coke ... but i'm interested to know, if its halal or not?

:SMILY335::salam2:

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
I have never seen anyone getting intoxiacted after a bottle of coke :)

It contains lots of sugar though.

But, why drink coke, when we can drink juice and other healthy stuff.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Coke is a highly concentrated carbonated drink, which makes it very dangerous for stomach. Better to avoid it.You can do some tests at home to check this out.

danial

how many times have this coke topic been brought up? the concentration of alcohol is v little n its only used to dissolve some stuff and no1 gets intoxicated by coke even if he or she drinks it in large amounts.

Noor_Al-Ain

SolideresS Of Allah
INGREDIENTS

What does Coca-Cola contain ?
Coca-Cola is carbonated beverage consisting of refined sugar, flavor syrup, purified water, concentrate and carbon dioxide.

The principal ingredients used in all our soft drinks are listed in the ingredient declaration on the bottle crown or closure, the can, or the label of the larger-sized bottles. We conform to all labeling regulations just as we comply with all other laws of the countries in which our products are sold. Because flavor formulations are very valuable proprietary information, we do not discuss the blend of flavoring materials used by The Coca-Cola Company.

How much is Coca-Cola's water content ?
Coca-Cola contains 90% water, while Diet Coke's water content is up to 99%.

Does Coca-Cola contain any animal products or by-products ?
No. Coca-Cola contains no animal products or by-products, and no alcohol or harmful substance.

What about the sugar and calorie content ?
Coca-Cola contains 10.6 grams sugar and 41 calories per 100ml, which is approximately the same as that found in fruit juice. Diet Coke contains no sugar and only 0.41 calories per 100ml that is safe for diabetics.

Why are soft drinks carbonated ?
Carbonation creates the "tingly fizz", giving soft drinks a refreshing taste and 'sparkle' and 'bubble' effect whenever the beverage is poured.

Is there any chemical substance in Coca-Cola ?
Chemical substances added to food production process are called additive. The additive is added under strict analysis and regular monitoring that meet quality standard and legal requirements.

http://www.coca-colabottling.co.id/eng/ourcompany/index.php?act=faq

Zayna85908

Well thats quite surprising. Me and my hubby drink it, never seen ingredients containing it or anything to do with alchohol.

palestine

Servant of Allah
hey an interesting fact for you all. buy a coca cola. the bottle ones- rip the rapper around it off and turn it upside down horizontally, it becomes arabic calligraphy and says " la muhammad, la makkah", no mohammad no makkah. wallahi i read it myself

blackivy393

i do not think it has any alcohol in it, i think originally when it was made in the late 1800s and 1900s it did have cocaine residue giving the name coke a cola

abu dhar

how many times have this coke topic been brought up? the concentration of alcohol is v little n its only used to dissolve some stuff and no1 gets intoxicated by coke even if he or she drinks it in large amounts

Drinking khamr - even a single drop

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “. . . Intoxicants (all kinds of alcoholic drinks), gambling, al-ansaab (stone altars for sacrifices to idols, etc.) and al-azlaam (arrows for seeking luck or decision) are an abomination of Shaytaan’s handiwork. So avoid (strictly) all that (abomination) in order that you may be successful.” [al-Maa’idah 5:90]

The command to avoid these things is the strongest indication that they are forbidden. Khamr (“wine”, alcohol) is compared to al-ansaab, which were idols of the kuffaar; there is no excuse for those who argue that the Qur’aan does not say it is forbidden but only tells us to avoid it!

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) also issued a stern warning to the one who drinks khamr. Jaabir reported that he said: “Allaah has promised the one who drinks khamr that He will make him drink the mud of khibaal.” The people asked, “O Messenger of Allaah, what is the mud of khibaal?” He said, “The sweat of the people of Hell, or the juice of the people of Hell.” (Reported by Muslim, 3/1587). Ibn ‘Abbaas reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever dies and has the habit of drinking khamr, he will meet Allaah as one who worships idols.” (Reported by al-Tabaraani, 12/45; see also Saheeh al-Jaami’, 6525).

Nowadays there are very many kinds of khamr, with many names in Arabic and other languages, such as beer, ji’ah (beer), alcohol, araq (“arrack”), vodka, champagne, etc. There has appeared in this ummah the type of person described by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “Some people of my ummah will drink khamr, calling it by another name.” (Reported by Imaam Ahmad, 5/342; see also Saheeh al-Jaami’, 5453). So they may call it “spirits” instead of khamr, as an attempt to distort the facts and deceive. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “They (think to) deceive Allaah and those who believe, while they only deceive themselves, and perceive (it) not!” [al-Baqarah 2:9]

Islam imposes strict controls on this matter, and deals with it decisively so that there is no room for misunderstanding. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Every intoxicant is khamr and every intoxicant is haraam.” (Reported by Muslim, 3/1587). Everything that has the effect of clouding the mind is haraam, whether in large or small amounts. (The hadeeth, “Whatever causes intoxication in large amounts, a small amount of it is haraam,” was reported by Abu Dawud, no. 3681; see Saheeh Abi Dawud, no. 3128). No matter how many different names there are, they all refer to one thing, and the ruling concerning it is well-known.

Finally, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) issued a warning to those who drink khamr: “Whoever drinks khamr and becomes intoxicated, his prayers will not be accepted for forty days, and if he dies he will enter Hell, and if he repents Allaah will accept his repentance. If he drinks again and becomes intoxicated again, his prayers will not be accepted for forty days, and if he dies he will enter Hell, and if he repents Allaah will accept his repentance. If he drinks again and becomes intoxicated again, his prayers will not be accepted for forty days, and if he dies he will enter Hell, and if he repents Allaah will accept his repentance. If he drinks a fourth time, Allaah promises that He will make him drink from the mud of khibaal on the Day of Resurrection. The people asked, “O Messenger of Allaah, what is the mud of khibaal?” He said, “The juice of the people of Hell.” (Reported by Ibn Maajah, no. 3377; see also Saheeh al-Jaami’, 6313).

aisha16

No I don't know about that..but I heard back in the day they used to add drugs in Coke..but then they got in trouble and changed that..but I think that was just a rumor.

tariq353

i don't know it contains smthing like that or not..but morally i v almost left using all these things due to 2 reasons:-

1-They give our hard earned money to film/sports stars.
2-They are a major source of revenue for govt. and i think u all know USA's individual aid to Israel(size of Delhi) is much more than its entire aid to whole Africa.

Morally i try my level best to avoid these things..

But this is my personal view..

israel-barcode.gif

2603k80.jpg

:SMILY286:

eqsh0y.jpg

http://www.inminds.com/boycott-news-0073.html

Wa salam

:)

sachin4islam

Assalam Alaikum:

There had been a big debate in India when it was reported that soft drinks whether Coke or Pepsi contain pesticides. Indian Govt. was under immense pressure from within the country to ban Cokes,Pepsis,..... But Indian Govt. surrendered to these Multinational Giants and started working as lawyers of these Multinationals.

Regards.

tariq353

True words Abdullah bhai i do remember....

one thing i wd like to say that it all depends upon how u think.Earlier my cell was of Reliance..but recently i saw the owner of Reliance praising Narendra Modi(Mastermind of Gujrat Riots which butchered more than 5000 muslims)...immediately i changed my subscriber(morally)... i cnt directly or indirectly support such company.

(its not only abt israel ,evn in my country i try my level best not to use product of any such Indian company which funds parties known for riots or disrespects islam in any way intentionally or unintentionally)

But as stated earlier its my personal view....any one has the right to agree or disagree.

wa salam

:SMILY139:

sachin4islam

True words Abdullah bhai i do remember....

one thing i wd like to say that it all depends upon how u think.Earlier my cell was of Reliance..but recently i saw the owner of Reliance praising Narendra Modi(Mastermind of Gujrat Riots which butchered more than 5000 muslims)...immediately i changed my subscriber(morally)... i cnt directly or indirectly support such company.

(its not only abt israel ,evn in my country i try my level best not to use product of any such Indian company which funds parties known for riots or disrespects islam in any way intentionally or unintentionally)

But as stated earlier its my personal view....any one has the right to agree or disagree.

wa salam

:SMILY139:

Assalam Alaikum,Tariq. India is a big battle ground for politics. The so called Democracy isn't the expression of wills of people at least in India. Votes are bought and emotionally gained as what Narendra Modi did in Gujarat. If we contribute even a bit in establishment of Khilafah in world by our bits of acts within our own country,it is appreciable.

To hell Democracy. I agree with you.

Regards.