My family and the beach

more2life

School Is almost over for me Insha'allah..
and my family like to go to the shore alot, and sit on the beach for hours:(
I am a revert to Islam...and there are tons of people in their bathing suits men and woman!!Is that bad? But I dont go swimming because of the bathing suits:( So what should i do!!!? Also i dont wear bathing suit i just wear long clothing, but does anyone know of clothing I can wear for the beach that are for muslim girls? and Modest!! Some times they force me because I am only 15 and i dont have my own choice......just give me advise on anything i might be able to do!

Tru3m0sl3m

Brother in ISLAM
Women swimming

Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullah

Are Women allowed to swim in a secluded place together?
If yes. How are they supposed to dress as any dress will stick to the body when wet. Please explain in detail
Wassalaam

Praise be to Allaah.
Anything that could be a source of temptation among women must be prevented. So their swimming in clothes that do not cover their 'awrah (parts of the body which must be covered) properly because they stick to the body is something that is not allowed. If they swim in clothes that cover them, in a place far from the gaze of men, and cover themselves as soon as they come out of the water so that others will not see them in clothes that show the shape or colour of their 'awrah, then there is nothing wrong with this so long as they adhere to the shar'i conditions. And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Source: http://www.islam-qa.com/en/pda/ref/islamqa/1075

OsMaN_93

Here to help
School Is almost over for me Insha'allah..
and my family like to go to the shore alot, and sit on the beach for hours:(
I am a revert to Islam...and there are tons of people in their bathing suits men and woman!!Is that bad? But I dont go swimming because of the bathing suits:( So what should i do!!!? Also i dont wear bathing suit i just wear long clothing, but does anyone know of clothing I can wear for the beach that are for muslim girls? and Modest!! Some times they force me because I am only 15 and i dont have my own choice......just give me advise on anything i might be able to do!
say you don't want to go or, take a book with you and read.
with your normal cloths on. .. you don't have to swim. :D
:salam2:

Distinguishing Words

Salaam,

Funny how these people find it acceptable to show their "bikini" but not their pantie and bra! (I am no pervert - this is just for the sake of argument)

If they force you to go, just put your feet in the water and say it's too cold!:SMILY82:

a_brother

Make dua for us all
Salaam,

Funny how these people find it acceptable to show their "bikini" but not their pantie and bra! (I am no pervert - this is just for the sake of argument)

If they force you to go, just put your feet in the water and say it's too cold!:SMILY82:

:lol: :lol: that's true brother.... no doubt, day of judgment is soon... Salam

A Kashmiri

You must be a strong person as you chose Islam at a very early age and reverted. May Allah bless you....

Well it is a tricky situation and I think you can only make some execuse to save yourself from all this savagery and shame what is going on in these beaches.

Some brothers have pointed some good ideas and you can use them.

Islam is not against fun and enjoyment but it has its limits.

In middle east, i have seen that there are families who go to the beach and enjoy there, but it is like a private area where the family is alone and arent seen my any other person or family or in other words have a good quality time alone with nature, also bachloers arent allowed.

Masallama

adiilah

Assalaamuralaikum Wrb

U know sister ....i often go to the beach and i love swimming ...u should look over the net some islamic swimming suit they cover ur body ... else u may wear ur swimming suit under a sporty wear and when u come out of water it won't show ur body ...

I love swimming ...i love th beach and it soo therapeutic ....

To avoid being among many people ...coz i don't feel at ease swimming among crowds ...i go with my parents after fajr at the beach ...it lovely ...

try it sister .... and u will let me know ...

normally after fajr when the sun rise ...u have the sea shore just for urself and it really lovely ....

enjoy ur time at the beach swimming ....

don't make urself sad ... and islam is easy ...it people who make things difficult for us

*Saniyah*

ukhtikum fillaah
:salam2:

Swimming in public swimming pools
It is possible to go to public beaches and pools, even if you wear something that properly covers you and you do not pay attention to what others are wearing.

Praise be to Allaah.

You should note – may Allaah bless you – that the Muslim is commanded to protect his religious commitment and to keep away from places of fitnah (temptation). Going to these beaches is haraam because of the uncovering of ‘awrahs and careless mixing between men and women that happen there.

Moreover these places are filled with evil things, so it is not permissible for you to go there, unless you are going to enjoin what is good and forbid what is evil. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever among you sees an evil action, let him change it with his hand [by taking action]; if he cannot, then with his tongue [by speaking out]; if he cannot, then with his heart [by hating it and feeling that it is wrong] – and that is the weakest of faith.”

(Narrated by Muslim, 49)

If you stay with them without enjoining what is good and forbidding what is evil, then you are partaking in sin with them. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And it has already been revealed to you in the Book (this Qur’aan) that when you hear the Verses of Allaah being denied and mocked at, then sit not with them, until they engage in a talk other than that; (but if you stayed with them) certainly in that case you would be like them. Surely, Allaah will collect the hypocrites and disbelievers all together in Hell”

[al-Nisa’ 4:140]

This verse indicates that whoever sits in a sinful gathering and does not denounce them shares the burden of sin equally with them. He should denounce them if they engage in sinful talk or sinful actions. If he is unable to denounce them then he should get up and leave them.

(Tafseer al-Qaasimi, 5/526)

Do not let the Shaytaan deceive you and make you say that you will not pay any attention to what other people are wearing. This is the deception of the Shaytaan, because if a person goes (to such places) his gaze will inevitably fall upon something that makes his Lord angry. A man may look at something unintentionally, but the Shaytaan can use this glance to great effect and make it the means that leads to fitnah, Allaah forbid. I ask Allaah to grant us and you refuge from being led astray by fitnah, and to make us steadfast.

May Allaah send blessings upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon all his family and companions.

And Allaah knows best.
Islam Q&A

---

Is it permissible to go to beaches where there is nakedness and free mixing?
In Egypt, people go to Alexandria to spend the summer there. On the beaches there are thousands of women who are virtually naked, and men mix freely with women. I am a man with a beard; is it permissible for me to go there and sit by the sea, or not?

Praise be to Allaah.

If the situation is as described, it is not permissible for a Muslim to go to these places, for fear of fitnah (temptation) and so as to avoid the places where it is to be found – unless he is one of those who are able to remove the evil things that are there, because they have the authority and the knowledge of sharee’ah, and are able to enjoin what is good and forbid what is evil.

From Fataawaa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 12/362

shichemlydia

reply....

salam sister,
in fact going to a beach where people swim wearing unproper cloths is an issue, i prefer if you avoid going there at all. because you cannot keep your eyes from the haram....
personally, i have a very famous beach very near to house and never gone there because of this issue.
may allah rescue you from this trouble and strenghten your iman, ameen
salam alikoum