taxes

Al-Salam

Your Sister In Islam
why is it harram to pay taxes? if you dont pay taxes in non-muslim countries it means that you're working black. and that you're stealing peoples money.
salam wa rahmat allah.

Salaam,

I think that there is no relation between the two matters. We can all see some Muslim countries supporting the US in its so-called “Anti-Terrorism Campaign” and even support the US to fight Islam under the pretext of fighting terrorism. Every Muslim finds himself on the horns of a dilemma, for he has to support his Muslim brothers and there is a rope tied around his neck. However, Allah does not place something on people beyond their capability. A Muslim cannot escape paying the taxes whether in a Muslim or a non-Muslim country regardless of how the taxes paid are used and despite the fact that the taxes may be used in fighting Islam and Muslims.

There are many other things a Muslim can do in this case, such as boycotting the Israeli and American products, especially those that benefit the economy of the countries fighting Islam. Here, we should strike an equitable balance between the harms and the benefits and spare no pains in this concern. We should always remember the verse that reads: (…He (Allah) hath not laid upon you in religion any hardship…) (Al-Hajj 18: 78)

By Sheikh Faysal Mawlawi, deputy chairman of the European Council for Fatwa and Research.

Taxes serve many purposes besides war or military. They can serve the public, such as bus transportation, roads, cleaning, etc.

P.S. And hey taxes can never absolve a Muslim of his or her duty to pay zakah!

why is it harram to pay taxes? if you dont pay taxes in non-muslim countries it means that you're working black. and that you're stealing peoples money.
salam wa rahmat allah.

actually u can check out the fatwa link i posted...says haraam to pay taxes too the kuffar govt.!!!

Al-Salam

Your Sister In Islam
actually u can check out the fatwa link i posted...says haraam to pay taxes too the kuffar govt.!!!

Jazak allah kheir brother, but if u dont pay them get in trouble. im boicotting israelis products, but if i dont pay tax, they would take half of what make. may Allah help us and guide us.