Introduction of Kristina

Karima

Asalmualikum,
As you can tell already, this is the Arabic word for May the Peace of Allah be upon you.
I was brought up in a Christian environment...going to church, being active in youth groups, singing in the choir, etc. using musical talents on the piano, and also had a desire to become a Catholic Nun.
Life's path for me was in a Protestant environment, with a self yearning for the Catholic life.
God answered my prayers when I finally joined the Catholic church. While teaching in the Catholic Schools I had the freedom to talk about God. I was in heaven working among the Sisters (nuns).
My path also included getting married, having children (grown now) and then teaching Catholic Religion to junior high groups for 6 years. Among this, I became 'bored' with my entergetic belief in God. Also, I was on staff as a pipe organist at my church where I played the organ for 3-4 Masses each weekend, plus teach religion.
One Sunday, after playing for Mass, (in my 14th year as organist), where I felt my vocation was but not complete, because I still yearned to become a Catholic Sister....(now unmarried, and very content with my life...since the marriage was not with love, which is neccessary). The gut inside of me wanted to serve God and the best whole way I could do this was to be a Sister and then also play for Mass. Kind of a jumbled way to think, huh? But the thought never left me.
So on this same Sunday, I went up to the life-size statue of Jesus on the cross. And I asked in prayer for an answer to my purpose and why I was bored with all of this religion.
The next day, my searches began on the internet. I acquired some DVDs about Islam, by the History channel, and by PBS, etc. I read under Google of all the things that had to do with the muslims.
Since my recollection is broad in this, I do remember while watching the DVDs about the culture of the Arabic people, I came unglued when I found out that they were not the dumb people that I used to think. They were the founders of our Sciences in medicine, numbers, etc. I will admit that I was one stereotyped person, who included 'diaper heads' 'camel jocks' in describing the people who ran the Circle K....
My interest in this 'terror' of people came when I started going to a local restaurant where the muslims worked. I watched them work, and for several months noticed they spoke Arabic to each other....later to find out that they were saying "Asalamualikum". I thought this was some 'code' so no Americans could understand their words....in their greeting. I was curious and was walking towards the 'fire' of my fear of the muslims.
So in my privacy of my home, I became engrossed with the DVDs and e-books about Islam, here and there.
If I was in a cave, I WAS!!! For 3 days, I did not go out except to mow the lawn...in the acres where my horses feed. I would watch the DVDs and pause them and go mow a while, then come back in and continue. My mind was focused on this about Islam and the Arabic people.
I felt Allah was protecting me from the harms of any wasps and briars that I was mowing over, because they were there around me. I felt like I was in a cloud of focus these days....
I changed inside in these days. I read some books that I got on Ebay about reverts, and could not believe what I read....just like me!!! The way that I thought.
When I found out how the brothers and sisters greet each other in sallams, etc, I was completely blown away. I used to visit the Sisters in the Convents in the Catholic Church, and stay with them. They had a disciplined lifestyle of prayer and such. I could not believe the muslims did the same thing, and they could be married!
So I was changed in a matter of days, with an intent of nothing but Allah. I did not drive my car for days.....I wanted to hide from the world. I felt the evil out there, just in simple looks of other people. I did not wear a hijab, but I wanted not to be seen while driving. It's not odd, but a sense of the eyes of this world. So I would put my long hair up in a bun, not to show it.
I began to change my outward appearance, with the help of my muslim friends.
When I realized that the same angel Gabriel who came to Daniel in the lions den, and to Mary, as he came to Muhammad, I about fell out of my chair. I walked around my kitchen remembering crying....for incredible joy. For days, I was amazed at what I was learning.
No one told me to change to Islam. No one told me that I was wrong being Catholic. My muslim friends at the restaurant were kind to tell me about what they believed....that's all. No big deal. I would sit and sip on wine and visit with them. When one waiter said he did not drink beer because it said not to in the Qur'an, I thought he really wanted to do what Allah said to do. His faith in the Qur'an was by far more visible that anyone I knew as a Christian. Talk about parties.......the Catholics have no qualms with drinking, etc. to 'moderation'.
So I 'knew' that Muhammad was the last prophet, and also searched places in the Bible, knowing that it was translated later...and not word for word accurate....(another video I watched about this). This opened my mind to realize that there can be flaws in the Bible....
I do not yet wear the hijab. My grown children, who live in a house next to my horses, and to me.....have seen me change into something for the better.
I no longer wear the shoulder-less tops and shorts with a tan to show off.
I wear more modest clothes all the time. I still like to go outside and wash the horses down while getting tan....fortunately, I have no close neighbors. So I can wear sleeveless clothes for this.
I have not publicly said the shahaddah, I have said this numerous times, though. Because I still play the organ for Mass, and since I hear 3 Masses of scripture, I listen for places where the word 'prophet' is spoken in scripture, and I discern what the scripture is saying, knowing what I know, now.
I believe what the Qur'an says. I tolerate what the Bible says. While I live in a neighborhood where most everyone is Catholic, it would be like dropping a bomb for me to show that I am wanting to become Muslim. I understand how the unbeliever thinks....this was me.....at one time.
I have a close Muslim friend who knows me well, and said for me to not rush into this because of all of my involvement in what I do here. I have so many influences that would put me into a spiral of betrayal....just seeing me with a scarf on my head. InshaAllah the right time will come for this.
You have no idea how much I want to wear the hijab! I can be complete this way. I don't want to freak my grown sons and daughter out. My daughter would understand, since she is familiar with Islam...and she is still 'exploring' being in the world of not being a minor anymore. I tolerate her lifestyle, since I was no saint.....growing up and doing what she wants to do.
So this is me. I have horses that I love to take care of, and when I can be so appreciative of the nature around me, all it takes is a simple 'leaf' that falls from the tree for me to see this as a symbol of Allah. It is simple faith, and for me to understand Islam is not by my own power. No one on this earth could ever try to convince me that Islam is the true religion. No one! It came to me from inside....by the grace of Allah. When I read the Qur'an, it is the easiest, and most humbling book to read...aside from all of the Islamic books that I now have to share with others.....
Some day, inshaAllah, I can look back and say, "Why did I not do this sooner?" For now, I live in a world where Allah knows all and sees all and the people have no clue what I believe, except my muslim friends. I feel muslim inside. I know that I am cheating others by not wearing the hijab, especially in this war-torned world. Forgive me for this weakness. I want to be a bridge for those who have no clue to Islam. Only Allah can call them to understanding.
I spend my time reading as much as I can about Islam, for more. And I also love the videos on this site about the new Muslims....we have a lot in common. I believe in the one God, and Always one God...and that the Prophet Muhammad is the last messenger. Allah, the God of Abraham, of the prophet Jesus and of Muhammad.
Blessings to all, and Sallam!
Kristina

Wa Alaikoum Assalam sister Kristina.
Welcome you all Kristina to turntoislam, and thank you for sharing with us your beautiful story.
I am so happy for you, that Allah guides you and you said Shahadatayne (Two testemony). May Allah protects you, Amin.
Incha'Allah as your friend advised to you, take things step by step it will be well.
And if you have some questions incha'Allah we can help.
Take care sister

Beko29

Im LoViNg It.. ISLAM
Assalamu aleikum wa rahmatuallahi wa barakatuhu

:salam2: sister to ISLAM and this site.

Im very happy for u, hope INSALLAH u are doing fine.
INSALLAH the day will come and u will wear Hijab, take it step by step.
u will be in my DUA....

take care sister,

:wasalam:
your brother.,

Salah eddine

:salam2:
welcome sister to this website and enjoy it
thank you for sharing with us your story

wa sallam
your brother Yaseen:bananabb2in:

Karima

Alhamdulillah for your sense in not pressing me to 'go ahead' and wear the hijab. InshaAllah, it will happen.
Kristina

Karima

Asalamualikum,
Thank you for taking the time to read my long introduction. The words flowed out like water, and I can understand that we all have a 'story' of our own lives to share about Islam, either being born muslim or being a revert.
Sallam,
Kristina

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Kristina said:
Asalamualikum,
Thank you for taking the time to read my long introduction. The words flowed out like water, and I can understand that we all have a 'story' of our own lives to share about Islam, either being born muslim or being a revert.
Sallam,
Kristina

Wa alaykum Salam Kristina, that was such a beautiful story, subhanAllah. Im so glad to have you as our Muslim sister. MashaAllah.

I enjoyed reading what you wrote, and with the sad things that have been happening lately in LEbanon it has cheered me up.

JazakAllahu khayr, may Allah reward you with good.

I will make a copy of this thread in the New Muslim articles Section insaAllah. So that other people may be inspired to the truth and beauty of Islam.

I also hope you will stay at our website and help by contributing and helping other members.

Wasalamu Alaykum.

Ameer.

Karima

Thank Allah for this to happen to me. Allah brings those to him whom he calls. No one could have hit me with a ton of bricks to believe in Allah of the prophet Muhammad. There has to be something more powerful from within that only Allah can provide.
This site is a great way to be refreshed in Islam with the comments, and videos. Alhamdulillah.
Sallam,
Kristina

Slave Of Ar-Ra7MaN

#Islam #Oreos
salaamz

welcome kristina to da site N jazak'ALLAHU khair for sharing ur story with us
May ALLAH swt bless u...Ameen
take care
wassalamu 3aleykom
ur sister in ISLAM

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
salam alaykum.....

wellcome sister / kristina....

sorry it's soooooooooo late...

but....i'm so happy to reading ur nice introduction....

masha`Allah...

u have Activity not definitive masha`Allah...

Allah help u to Continue and learn more and more...

Alhamdulillah for blessing islam...

but....why not u didn't chage ur name...to muslimah name....

Mohammed
<wasalam alaykum>

tofikzaian

salam alykom , my sister the islam is the most and the best gift from GOD , u have to thank GOD Allah about that gift and as we said that thanx Allah for the gift of islam and thats enough for us , that if we didnot get any thing in our life only islam is enough ,
by the way where are you from

Ahmedkaafi

Asalaamu alaykum

Dear sister kristina

I am very happy what r u saying and
we r here to help u welcame to tti and feel free sister.
Waslaamu alaykum
Ahmedkaafi

Sister Nur

Assalamu Alaikum Sister Karima,

Your story touched me. As a revert to Islam myself, I can identify with many of your feelings. In my opinion, it seems to me that you have decided, if not already made the declaration of faith in your heart. We do not know how long our life span will be, we do not know when we will die, and for this, you should become muslim as soon as possible. Having said this, it does not mean that you have to change every aspect of your life over night. But rather, these things will come to you when you are ready. It took me several months to start wearing hijab, even though, as you mentioned, I could not wait to do it...it was something I yearned for. I think it was the most difficult step for me, but I feel wonderful wearing it, wonderful covering myself the way that I know is prescribed for us sisters. I know that if you continue in your journey, that Allah, subhanna wa'tala, will make it easy for you Insha'allah.

Your sister in Islam, Nur.

Karima

Walakum sallam,

Sr. Nur, and the rest, thank you for your kind words of encouragement. Since I wrote this 'intro' a while back, I wanted to see if anything had changed....from how it was.

I can say that it was a true to life experience for me, and that I would not change one word of it....even though some time has been since writing it.

The hijab is still a physical issue with me, but I am now learning the prayers and the meaning of them, as well as learning to pronounce the most difficult words in Arabic.... My focus is to know what I am praying, then learn to recite it in Arabic...otherwise, I could not do the prayer with meaning to God/Allah, which can short-change the purpose of prayer, in the first place.

The more I 'live' the way accepted in Islam, the better person I can be for not only myself, but for those who have no clue how important Islam is for one's life to be one with Allah.

May Allah direct all of us to his path of understanding and guide us to his knowledge and wisdom of the appreciation of our lives on his earth. We did not choose to be born...Allah willed it.

Sallam

aicha-moslima

Salaam alaykoum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatuhoe dear sister Karima,

I'm verry happy to have you as my sister. Your story really moved me macha'Allah. Thanks for sharing it. I myself converted to Islam 5 years ago and had many problems to overcome with family and, just like you said, the world outside. I am sure, that if others read your story, they can learn from it. Djazak Allahoe Ghair.

May Allah (Subhana wa ta'alla) guide you on the right path insha'Allah and provide you with all the information you want and need...ameen. May Allah (Subhana wa ta'alla) forgive us our sins and reward all of us with Paradise, the most beautiful place ever made, insha'Allah..ameen.
May Allah (Subhana wa ta'alla) open the hearts of every man and woman in this world and let Islam in, and show them how beautiful Islam really is, so we can all live in peace for the time we are here on this earth insha'Allah...ameen.

I would like to help you if you have any questions. I will do my verry best to help you insha'Allah.

Wa salaamoe alaykoum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatuhoe
Your sister in Islam, Aicha.

ripefig

Asalaamu Alaikum

I was born in a muslim home and when I read stories like this it makes me feel so ............., I can't even explain the feeling. I always thought the biggest blessing was to be born in a Muslim home. After seeing some of these testimonials I know for sure the biggest blessing in the whole world is being guided by Allah. Welcome to Islaam my dear sister. My advice to you is to never turn back. Life is full of trials and tribulations, and Allah the exhalted tells us in the Quran that we cannot expect to say we beleive and not be tested. May Allah make it easy for you:wasalam: