My Beard! (True incident)

Your opinion on the people who wear beard!

• I love my beard, Alhamdulillah I am proud of it/ I like the ppl who wear them.

Votes: 30 61.2%
  • I am thinking forward to keeping a beard and following the sunnah of Rasulullah (s.a.w)

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • I don't like beard/ I like the clean shaved men but he should be religious

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • It looks so outclassed/ I don't want pagan men..

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tru3m0sl3m

Brother in ISLAM
Glorified be He who beautifies women with long locks of hair
And Men with long beards
There is beauty in the beard
Aye, there is beauty in the beard!

When the lion roars all the animals submit
For the lion is the king of the jungle
The lion with its glorious mane
And a Muslim man grows his mane in pride

Showing the rest of humanity that he is to berespected
Can one imagine a lion without its mane?
Nay, thou canst not!
Then imagine a man without his beard

Woe to worldly women who mock the beards so!
Desiring husbands with clean shaven faces
Woe to women who mock the Prophets Sunnah
In the name of hygiene, neatness and smooth texture

Indeed the women of this world cannot like the beard
But she who wants
Paradise adores the beard!
A beard is a gift given to man
Something only he can grow; a woman never can!

When he ponders, he gently strokes it;
When he eats, it stores food;
When he is with kids, they play with it adoringly;
When he is with his wife, she fondles it lovingly;
When the enemy see it, fear is struck in theirhearts!
Ah! there is indeed beauty in the beard!

All the Prophets had beards - yes they did!
Muhammad(s.a.w) had a beard - so big! so big!

All the companions had beards - o yes! o yes!
All the sages had beards - I know! I know!
All the wise have beards - tis true! tis true!
All the pious have beards - you see! you see!
All the Muslims have beards!? - if only! if only!

Who did not have beards? The kafirun!
Who had clean shaven faces? The kafirun!
Who grew their moustaches? The kafirun!

"And what did our Prophet order?" I here you ask
He ordered us to lengthen the beard and trim the moustache!
Lengthen the beard and trim the moustache!

What greater reason that this can there be
The fact that our Prophet told us to see
That we make ourselves appear to the world
As full bearded men with honour untold

O Muslim brother! Why do you desire to look like a woman
When your blessed facial hair is the differece between you and the opposite gender?
O poor Muslim brother! Why do you imitate the kafir
Instead of following the Prophet of Islam?
O silly Muslim sister! Why are you so
blind?

Infatuated with Bollywood actors who have no mind!
O wretched sister! Are you not scared of your choice?
You would rather have a feminine monkey instead of an exalted manly ape!

So indeed I love my beard
And adore the curls and tangles
Which no oil, gel or superglue can ever straighten
My glorious long, curly, messy, fluffy beard!
The playhouse for kids;
And the beloved of Allah!

I maybe rejected by worldly women because of this hair on my face
But who care! For my Mum loves it and she puts all such sisters to disgrace!
Be patient Muslim brothers, who shun the trendy look for a Prophetic pose
Paradise with the wide eyed Houris is our final abode!!!!!

This is a true incident which occured to my brother (in Islam) whilst studying at university, am sure you'll find it amusing.
here goes:
First, the foreword by the author (which is a must read to understand the poem fully

I came to eat dinner in my halls of residence one day last year when two sisters started laughing at me; I had some food stuck in my beard. They went on to innocently and honestly mock my beard saying it was messy, unnatural and unhygienic. Little did they know the rage that I felt as a result of this and I channeled this rage by unleashing my anger through my pen and out came this poem.

I performed this poem in the Leicester University/DMU Islamic Societies and Eid Celebration and it was received with much laughter and acclaim -Alhamdulillah. Due to popular demand and many requests I have decided to type my poem up and email it to my friends in Islam. Let me remind you all not to be offended as this is no fatwa or religious statement - just a funny poem that spontaneously was produced as a result of my unfortunate experience...

Tushar Imdad-ul-Haque Bhuiya (12th March 2001)

Oem Soufiane

Beard= Wajib(obligatory)

And that is how you recognise a true man. If a man would say he is a muslim without wearing a beard, I wouldn't take him seriously on islamic issues.

sajjuaiah

As-salaam Alaikum,

I start beard since 2+ years and I love my beard. Al-hamdulillah.

Starting it was difficult with my friends and family members who were not very relegious but slowly all become ok. Al-Hamdulillah.

May Allah give us strength to follow this beautiful relegion. :tti_sister:

Salam Alaikum,

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Beard= Wajib(obligatory)

And that is how you recognise a true man. If a man would say he is a muslim without wearing a beard, I wouldn't take him seriously on islamic issues.

I wouldnt automatically take a beard as a sign of piety either though, they could have the wrong niyyah, so trusting someone on Islamic issues because they have a huge beard is still unwise.

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
:salam2:

Ma'shallah!Jazak Allah Khair! I really like this poem. I happen to like beards but neat. As far as my husband he will not let it grow long. :( That makes we mad. LOL But someone mentioned they would not trust something a beardless person said or take them seriously. I would not take it that far because some people cant even grow beards. Very nice poem again brother many props for me you have identified yourself as a stranger. So what, thats what I say to the Kufaar because beleive me they have bigger issues to worry about.

:wasalam:
Sister Amirah80
:biggrin:

Oem Soufiane

I wouldnt automatically take a beard as a sign of piety either though, they could have the wrong niyyah, so trusting someone on Islamic issues because they have a huge beard is still unwise.

No i know, I wouldn't trust somebody with a beard blindly, but I would doubt the one without a beard on beforehand.

There are people who hardly grow a beard, most of them asians, but most men can and if they can't you can see it in the rest of their appearance.

Oem Soufiane

But sadly my beard is like crap, so I don't keep em, does that me a kafirun?

Not a kafir, but a sinner, maybe if you let it grow for a while in bits and pieces( I know how it looks, I knew someone who had the same issue) it will become a full beard inshallah.

salaam aleikum

PS: I see your asian, that maybe why it is harder for you brother, ghair inshallah.

Beard= Wajib(obligatory)

in my country the ones with the beards r considered the ones that r untrustworthy, liars, etc. and its sadly true.....

Tru3m0sl3m

Brother in ISLAM
Islam Question and Answer

( 1169 )
Differing from the mushrikeen with regard to the beard

I know that we are supposed to let our beards grow in order to be different from the mushrikeen, but nowadays they let their beards grow too. What is your opinion?

Praise be to Allaah.

It is waajib (obligatory) to let the beard grow, and shaving it is haraam (forbidden). Imaam Ahmad, al-Bukhaari, Muslim and others narrated from Ibn 'Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him and his father) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Be different from the mushrikeen: let your beards grow and trim your moutsaches." Ahmad and Muslim reported from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Cut your moustaches and let your beards grow: be different from the Magians." Persisting in shaving one's beard is a major sin (kabeerah); the one who does this should be advised against it, and his action should be denounced, especially if he is in a position of religious leadership.

The idea of being different from the Magians and other mushrikeen does not mean being different from them in every single thing, particularly if they happen to be doing something righteous or good in accordance with the fitrah (natural inclinations of man). What is meant is that we should be different from them in matters where they have gone astray and deviated from the truth and the dictates of the fitrah, and gone against the way of the Prophets and Messengers by shaving their beards. We should differ from them in this case by letting our beards grow and cutting our moustaches, following the guidance of the Prophets and Messengers, and in accordance with the fitrah. It is proven that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Ten things are part of the fitrah: cutting the moustache, letting the beard grow, cleaning the teeth with a siwaak, rinsing the nose with water, cutting one's nails, washing between the finger-joints, plucking the armpit hairs, shaving the pubic hair and cleaning one's private parts with water." (Reported by Ahmad, Muslim and the four authors of Sunan, from the hadeeth of 'Aa'ishah, may Allaah be pleased with her). Even if the kaafiroon start letting their beards grow, this does not mean that the Muslims are allowed to shave theirs, because as we have stated above, the idea is not to be different from them in everything, only in the things in which they have deviated from the truth and from the fitrah.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

All Rights Reserved for IslamQA� 1997-2008

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/pda/ref/islamqa/1169

Tru3m0sl3m

Brother in ISLAM
( 1185 )
Shaving one's beard for fear of persecution

A while ago, Allaah guided me and I came back to Islam, praise be to Allaah. I let my beard grow, along with two other brothers, and this sunnah reached some of my family members too. At home we were able to create an Islamic atmosphere and all the sisters in the house put on Islamic dress. We adhered to the Qur'aan and Sunnah as much as possible. Then there was some trouble in our country, and the people turned against those who have beards and started to harass them. They think that everyone who has a beard wants to kill people and shed their blood, but we, as Muslims, have no desire whatsoever to kill people whom our Lord has forbidden us to kill. My father, my mother and my family have started urging me to shave my beard. My mother says that my father is angry with me, but I am afraid to do anything that goes against what the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, and I am afraid to commit a sin.

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly, may Allaah reward you with good for following the guidance of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and for calling your family to do likewise.

Secondly, shaving the beard is haraam, and letting it grow is obligatory, as you know. Obedience to the Creator takes precedence over obedience to any created being, even the closest of relatives. There can be no obedience to any created being if it involves disobedience to the Creator, and obedience to any other created being should only be with regard to what is good (ma'roof). What you describe of your father being angry and upset because you are letting your beard grow is only because he loves you and is afraid that what has happened to others may happen to you too. But what happened to others was, in most cases, because of provocation on their part, not just because they let their beards grow; it also happened to some of those who shave their beards. You must be steadfast in your adherence to the truth, and continue to let your beard grow in obedience to Allaah and in order to earn His pleasure, even if His creatures are angry. You must also avoid the sources of trouble, and put your trust in Allaah, hoping that He will provide a way out for you. Allaah says (interpretation of the meanings): "... And whosoever fears Allaah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allaah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allaah will accomplish His purpose. Indeed, Allaah has set a measure for all things" [al-Talaaq 65:2-3] and, "...and whosoever fears Allaah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make his matter easy for him. That is the Command of Allaah, which He has sent down to you, and whosoever fears Allaah and keeps his duty to Him, He will remit his sins from him and will enlarge his reward." [al-Talaaq 65:5].

We advise you to honour and respect your parents, and to explain to them with all good manners and politeness why you cannot do their bidding in this case.
Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa'imah, 5/151

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/pda/ref/islamqa/1185

Tru3m0sl3m

Brother in ISLAM
( 1189 )
Ruling on shaving the beard

What is the ruling on shaving the beard or removing part of it?

Praise be to Allaah.

Shaving the beard is haraam because of the saheeh ahaadeeth that clearly state this, and because of the general application of texts that forbid resembling the kuffaar. One of these reports is the hadeeth of Ibn 'Umar who said that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Be different from the mushrikeen: let your beards grow and trim your moustaches." According to another report: "Trim your moustaches and let your beards grow." There are other hadeeth which convey the same meaning, which is to leave the beard as it is and let it grow long, without shaving, plucking or cutting any part of it. Ibn Hazm reported that there was scholarly consensus that it is an obligation (fard) to trim the moustache and let the beard grow. He quoted a number of ahaadeeth as evidence, including the hadeeth of Ibn 'Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) quoted above, and the hadeeth of Zayd ibn Arqam in which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Whoever does not remove any of his moustache is not one of us." (Classed as saheeh by al-Tirmidhi). Ibn Hazm said in al-Furoo': "This is the way of our colleagues [i.e., the Hanbalis]."

Is it haraam (to shave it)? Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: "The Qur'aan, Sunnah and ijmaa' (scholarly consensus) all indicate that we must differ from the kuffaar in all aspects and not imitate them, because imitating them on the outside will make us imitate them in their bad deeds and habits, and even in beliefs, which will result in befriending them in our hearts, just as loving them in our hearts will lead to imitating them on the outside. Al-Tirmidhi reported that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, "He is not one of us who imitates people other than us. Do not imitate the Jews and Christians." According to another version: "Whoever imitates a people is one of them." (Reported by Imaam Ahmad) 'Umar ibn al-Khattaab rejected the testimony of the person who plucked his beard. Imaam Ibn 'Abd al-Barr said in al-Tamheed: "It is forbidden to shave the beard, and no one does this except men who are effeminate" i.e., those who imitate women. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) had a thick beard (reported by Muslim from Jaabir). It is not permitted to remove any part of the beard because of the general meaning of the texts which forbid doing so.
Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa'imah, 5/133

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/pda/ref/islamqa/1189

Tru3m0sl3m

Brother in ISLAM
( 6657 )
Is there any recommended length of the beard?

is there any recommended length of the beard traceable from Prophet Muhammad SAAW

Praise be to Allaah.

There is no recommended or specified length of the beard, because nothing to that effect has been narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). What has been reported is that the beard should be left as it is.
Muslim (2344) reported that Jaabir ibn Samurah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: "The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to have a very hairy beard."
An-Nisaa' (5232) reported from al-Baraa' that he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) had a thick beard; according to another report, he had a bushy beard; according to another report, he had a wide beard.
Some scholars permit cutting the hair of the beard that exceeds the amount that may be grasped in the fist, because Ibn 'Umar did this; but most of the scholars regard this as makrooh, which is more apparent because of the reports referred to above.
Al-Nawawi said: the best is to leave it as it is and not touch it or shorten it at all. (Tuhfat al-Ahwadhi, 8/39).
- As for the hadeeth, "He used to reduce the length and width (of his beard)" -this is a false and fabricated hadeeth.
See al-'Ilal al-Mutanaahiyah by Ibn al-Jawzi, 2/686
Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
"Indeed in the Messenger of Allaah (Muhammad) you have a good example to follow for him who hopes for (the Meeting with) Allaah and the Last Day..." [al-Ahzaab 33:21]
"And whatsoever the Messenger (Muhammad) gives you, take it; and whatsoever he forbids you, abstain (from it)." [al-Hashr 59:7]

Shaykh Ibn 'Uthaymeen (may Allaah preserve him) said: The definition of the beard as stated by the scholars of (Arabic) language is: the hair of the face, jawbone and cheeks, in the sense that all the hair on the cheeks, jawbone and chin is part of the beard and removing any of it is counted as a sin, because the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Let your beards grow," "Leave your beards alone," "Let your beards increase," "Let your beards be full." This indicates that it is not permissible to remove anything from the beard. But the sin may vary in degree - shaving the beard is worse than shortening it, because it is a more obvious contradiction of the Sunnah.
For more information, see Question # 1189.
And Allaah knows best

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/pda/ref/islamqa/6657

Tru3m0sl3m

Brother in ISLAM
Assalamoalaikum,
Brother even i am an asian(partly)and they say i've been acting weird lately(because of the beard and my struggle/war with shaitaan/satan) They think its cool to follow shaitaan. One brother came and told me "You don't look good"
the other "Why don't you make it neat".. One even said this "Are you going to Al Qaeda" .. Most of them "Mashaallah you've got a nice beard. Hope Allah(SWT) instills your heart with greater imaan , but they are clean shaved/Geld/and flirtin with girls and trying to imitate the kuffars (brad pitt, srk, Beckham etc)(my friends .. They do that..)" and they stare at me when i am trying to say I'm trying to imitate our beloved Prophet Muhammed (s.a.w) and the sahabas. Inshaallah i'll imitate all of their other practices too.. I don't give a damn about beckham, spiderman, superman etc.
I'm proud of my beard that "the most influential person ever to walk on the surface of the earth.." Prophet Muhammed(s.a.w) adviced us to grow..

Walaikumussalam

Oem Soufiane

Assalamoalaikum,
Brother even i am an asian(partly)and they say i've been acting weird lately(because of the beard and my struggle/war with shaitaan/satan) They think its cool to follow shaitaan. One brother came and told me "You don't look good"
the other "Why don't you make it neat".. One even said this "Are you going to Al Qaeda" .. Most of them "Mashaallah you've got a nice beard. Hope Allah(SWT) instills your heart with greater imaan , but they are clean shaved/Geld/and flirtin with girls and trying to imitate the kuffars (brad pitt, srk, Beckham etc)(my friends .. They do that..)" and they stare at me when i am trying to say I'm trying to imitate our beloved Prophet Muhammed (s.a.w) and the sahabas. Inshaallah i'll imitate all of their other practices too.. I don't give a damn about beckham, spiderman, superman etc.
I'm proud of my beard that "the most influential person ever to walk on the surface of the earth.." Prophet Muhammed(s.a.w) adviced us to grow..

Walaikumussalam

:ma: That is the right way to think, alhamdulilah you are a stranger:

It is narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Islam initiated as something strange, and it would revert to its (old position) of being strange. so good tidings for the stranger.(muslim)

ohhockleng

Not a kafir, but a sinner, maybe if you let it grow for a while in bits and pieces( I know how it looks, I knew someone who had the same issue) it will become a full beard inshallah.

salaam aleikum

PS: I see your asian, that maybe why it is harder for you brother, ghair inshallah.
Assalamualaikum, I've shaved and let it grow and shave and let it grow again, it's hard, I do like to keep my beard actually :(