Video Yvonne Ridley Explains the Role of Women in Islam and how she became Muslim

CaroleA

Yvonne Ridley story

Assalamu Alaikum,
I truly admire Yvonne Ridley. I watched her video a few times and learned quite a bit about her experience as a convert muslim.
wa alaikum as salam
CaroleA

justoneofmillion

sister ridley is so right muslim leaders of our time have become cowards hypocrites because they don´t wanna loose their power ,their wealth and they rely on western support to maintain their dictatorships and oppresse the will of their people(democratie!!!!!)but believe me it´s just a matter of time and i can assure you if there were free and fair election in every single muslim country that the islamic opposition parties would have the upper hand
wassalam

mas51

As salaam alikum
Alhamdullilah,first thanks for the great efforts on this website,I hope that Islam spreading overall the universe Islam is not concerned with Arab only basically it is a global religion for every creature,I must say I loved her video.I would like to have Sister Yvonne Ridleys E-mail address if possible.InshaAllah

Derwaish

heaps of appreciation

:salam2:
The interview was gre8, sister raised several questions;
why those hypocrites allowed C'Rice in Mosque while baring fellow sisters from praying at the same time?
Women's rights and status in Islam is well known but still there are so called islamic socities keeping their non-islamic traditional or cultural excuses to mistreat women.
Jazakallah

misalat

As Salaamu alleykum brothers and sisters.
I really can not view these many video's on this site. Is that anything to do with my computer or is anybody else facing the same problem?
Let me know if anyone can offer a help.

Thank you.
Ma'asalaama

vetsy22

Assalamu Alikum,
First, I would like to thank all the hard work, and great efforts you all are making in order to provide the viewer with rich knowledge and useful links to our great religion. It is the first e-mail I am sending to you and I hope I will be a friend who is always with you, supporting you, helping you at least with the good words.
I do enjoy logging into this website to refresh my mind and strengthen my experience with more and more knowledge about our religion.

Best of Luck
Assalamu Alikom.
May Allah be with us all,

I am a Non-Muslim and i was very happy a Muslim friend had sent me this site to answer some of my querries ragarding Islam. I am really interested with this religion.

sabia

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
May Allah be with us all,

I am a Non-Muslim and i was very happy a Muslim friend had sent me this site to answer some of my querries ragarding Islam. I am really interested with this religion.

sabia
May peace be upon who follows the right guidance,

Welcome to our forum Sabia,

I am sure you will find yourself comfortable here and insha Allaah (Allaah willing) you will find the answers to the questions about Islam that you might want to know about.

In order to find the Truth, and whether that Truth is Islaam, sincere intention is the only advisable method that we can implement, and what better way could we have.:)

Hope you enjoy your time here, and remember that we are here in case you might have any need for assistance.

Ibn Abass

Subhan'Allah may Allah have mercy on her

This was one amazing video and I kept making dou'aa for her as she spoke the truth.

I also found the interviewer cutting her off in times where she would be on a roll and every future reporter knows...to get the heart of the story,

Rules #1: You have to show that you care (I think he deseves a C-)

Rules #2: You must not cut off your subject of interview from stating their views (Deserves a D)

and a couple of other rules he didnt do too well in but it was afterall a successful interview and a very entertaining one.

All praise be to Allah

TAUHIDULISLAM

Special Thanks to Yvonne Ridley

Assalamualikum and my special regards to Yvonne Ridley. I use to hear to the new converts as how they came in islam ever since I have been living in australia but listening to Yvonne one would get the exact essence of what should be the motive towards being on the way of islam as we see now a days there are so many sects and concepts are there about following islam. I should ask everyone to see her interview presented here and take the insights as she spoke on women issues and she clarified very nicely saying how nicely islam treats the women.Men and Women in so called muslim countries as I observe are mostly not putting them right in the path of islam in their life and I don't blame the non muslims who don't like islam for their ignorance about islam. But what I would ask the reverts that who ever is muslim, he or she is supposed to be in islam in every walks of his /her life and also its the compulsory duty as to put effort as so far ones ability goes, he or she has to deliver the messages of islam to others.For that interacting with people to let someone knowing about islam is important being in the boundaries of our faith.Since the reverts are really striving hard as I see for islam and here in the western countries it would work really fine if they spread more with the essence of islam and their effort would really work great as people will get more ineterested about islam seeing what islam is. The other way around, it will help the born muslims who are not in the way of islam, to realise as they would need to restrengthen themselves in islam and come out of the amazing ignorance about life and the life hereafter.

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
Allah (SWT) is Noor (Light), & guides to HIS Noor (Light), Whom HE (SWT) likes, HE (SWT) had guided you, to his straight path, please hold to it firmly, to win this world & hereafter InshAllah.

Allah (SWT) did not create this world randomly, every thing in it has an orbit or a path, and this path should lead us to Allah (SWT) (The Noor). Thanks for Allah (SWT) for sending us The Map (The Noble Quraan), & Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) as an explainer & guider in this world, to show us the right path (his Sunnah) that leads to wide & deep ocean of Noor (ALLAH) SWT, which is full of precious & valuable things of this world & hereafter.
:salam2:
Mashallah well said brother and asalamu alaykum new brother and everyone else. May allah guide us all and keep us all firm on his path and may it leads us to jannah AMEEN :tti_sister:
:wasalam:

asharmd

Suggestion regarding editing the video

Asalamuwalaikum Bros and Sis,
I would just like to give sugggestion I may be wrong regarding the Video of Sis Yvonee Ridley the end part of the interview when she is asked about a man from afghanistan who converted from muslim to christain, my suggestion is to edit and remove that portion from the video.It is just an suggestion.Again i am repeating I may be wrong, actually i want to forward to a non-muslim.

Jazakhallah khair