Muslims not praying

booya

:salam2:
I was at a gathering for muslims event a few days ago, and I noticed something weird. When it was time for Asr prayer, someone made the adhan and people got ready to pray, and once the iqama starts I saw quite a lot of brothers ready to pray, but only a few sisters. The other sisters only sat and waited on the sides. Now I am a bit confused...why didn't they pray? Someone told me that in some cultures it is not common for women to pray in public. But isn't prayer obligatory, especially when it was done in congregation with other muslims? I don't want to make any judgments but can't help but notice this.

sikhlaashi

yess its an obligation for all of muslims & muslimah, & i've heard that its better for women to do sholat not in public .

shichemlydia

help inchae allah

salam alikoum,
according to what i know since along time, the woman cannot pray in front of non muhram (foreign people).
and allah knows the best.
wa salam alikoum

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
When the athan is called, ALL must pray, including sisters who are not menstruating! This could be their last prayer, so there is no excuse at all. Culture plays no role in Islam. By the time the sisters get home, it might be too late, or they might not make it at all. No prayer should be missed. Allah knows best.:hearts:

amirah80

*Fear Allah*

When the athan is heard everyone should be getting ready to perform their prayer unless they have their periods. Women can pray were non mahram men are but the women need to be in the back and the men in the front not the other way around. It is better for the women to pray at home. It is better for the woman to pray in her courtyard. Inside her home is better than her courtyard. In her room is better than in the house. But this is mustahabb to do when you can. but, if you are out in public this does not dismiss you from you obligation of praying.

And Allah Knows Best.

Sister Amirah80

aishah_2304m

peace lover
walaikyumasalam wr wb dear brother booya...good question brother...throwed light on the fact there is no excuse to miss the prayer no matter what happens! subhan Allah!

booya

Well there were at least 10 more sisters there, just sitting around. So I guess it must be either uncommon for their culture as my friend said, or they just want to make it up at home. Well Allah knows best..