terrific answer by Dr.Zakir Naik

helpinghumanity

i am also one of the admirer of Dr Zakir Naik...........

However previously he was being criticized because of his DRESS

But recently he became controversial during PEACE CONFERENCE IN INDIA 2008. While he giving his opinion regarding YAZEED.........Below is the link for referrel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es_iLfYup-U&feature=related

I didn't have enough info on this issue........there i am and was silent........

Some people don't like yazeed, while some people don't hate him..........

but when i asked my father about it .......he said that '"WE ARE ASKED TO BE SILENT ON THIS ISSUE" I said oookkk........

And after i was too busy to find more about him........however i do agree with Dr zakir Naik that Allah will not ask these questions on Judgement Day.........

limitthesky

:salam2:

Our attitude towards Yazeed ibn Mu’aawiyah
I heard of this person Yazeed Ibn Muawiyah. I heard that he once a calipha of the muslims and he was a drunken sadistic person, who was not really a muslim. Is this true? Please tell me his story. Thank you and may allah bless you.

Praise be to Allaah.

His name was Yazeed ibn Mu’aawiyah ibn Abi Sufyaan ibn Harb ibn Umayaah al-Umawi al-Dimashqi.

Al-Dhahabi said: he was the commander of that army during the campaign against Constantinople, among which were people such as Abu Ayyoob al-Ansaari. Yazeed was appointed by his father as his heir, so he took power after his father died in Rajab 60 AH at the age of thirty-three, but his reign lasted for less than four years.

Yazeed is one of those whom we neither curse nor love.
There are others like him among the khaleefahs of the two states (Umawi/Umayyad and ‘Abbaasi/Abbasid) and the governors of various regions, indeed there were some among them who were worse than him. But the issue in the case of Yazeed is that he was came to power forty-nine years after the death of the Prophet SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him); it was still close to the time of the Prophet and some of the Sahaabah were still alive such as Ibn ‘Umar who was more entitled to the position than him or his father or his grandfather.

His reign began with the killing of the martyr al-Husayn and it ended with the battle of al-Harrah, so the people hated him and he was not blessed with a long life. There were many revolts against him after al-Husayn, such as the people of Madeenah who revolted for the sake of Allaah, and Ibn al-Zubayr.

(Siyar A’laam al-Nubalaa’, part 4, p. 38)

Shaykh al-Islam described people’s attitudes towards Yazeed ibn Mu’aawiyah, and said:

The people differed concerning Yazeed ibn Mu’aawiyah ibn Abi Sufyaan, splitting into three groups, two extreme and one moderate.

One of the two extremes said that he was a kaafir and a munaafiq, that he strove to kill the grandson of the Prophet SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) to spite the Messenger of Allaah and to take revenge on him, and to avenge his grandfather ‘Utbah, his grandfather’s brother Shaybah and his maternal uncle al-Waleed ibn ‘Utbah and others who were killed by the companions of the Prophet SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), by ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib and others on the day of Badr and in other battles – and things of that nature. To have such a view is easy for the Raafidis who regard Abu Bakr, ‘Umar and ‘Uthmaan as kaafirs, so it is much easier for them to regard Yazeed as a kaafir.

The second extreme group think that he was a righteous man and a just leader, that he was one of the Sahaabah who were born during the time of the Prophet and were carried and blessed by him. Some of them give him a higher status than Abu Bakr and ‘Umar, and some of them regard him as a prophet. Both views are obviously false to one who has the least common sense and who has any knowledge of the lives and times of the earliest Muslims. This view is not attributable to any of the scholars who are known for following the Sunnah or to any intelligent person who has reason and experience.

The third view is that he was one of the kings of the Muslims, who did good deeds and bad deeds. He was not born until the caliphate of ‘Uthmaan. He was not a kaafir but it was because of him that the killing of al-Husayn happened, and he did what he did to the people of al-Harrah. He was not a Sahaabi, nor was he one of the righteous friends of Allaah. This is the view of most of the people of reason and knowledge and of Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah.

Then they divided into three groups, one which cursed him, one which loved him and one which neither cursed him nor loved him. This is what was reported from Imaam Ahmad, and this is the view of the fair-minded among his companions and others among the Muslims. Saalih ibn Ahmad said: I said to my father, some people say that they love Yazeed. He said, O my son, does anyone love Yazeed who believes in Allaah and the Last Day? I said, O my father, why do you not curse him? He said, O my son, when did you ever see your father curse anybody?

Abu Muhammad al-Maqdisi said, when he was asked about Yazeed: according to what I have heard he is neither to be cursed nor to be loved. He said, I also heard that our grandfather Abu ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Taymiyah was asked about Yazeed and he said: we do not deny his good qualities or exaggerate about them. This is the fairest opinion.

Majmoo’ Fataawa Shaykh al-Islam, part 4, p. 481-484

aishah_2304m

peace lover
i am also one of the admirer of Dr Zakir Naik...........

However previously he was being criticized because of his DRESS

But recently he became controversial during PEACE CONFERENCE IN INDIA 2008. While he giving his opinion regarding YAZEED.........Below is the link for referrel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es_iLfYup-U&feature=related

I didn't have enough info on this issue........there i am and was silent........

Some people don't like yazeed, while some people don't hate him..........

but when i asked my father about it .......he said that '"WE ARE ASKED TO BE SILENT ON THIS ISSUE" I said oookkk........

And after i was too busy to find more about him........however i do agree with Dr zakir Naik that Allah will not ask these questions on Judgement Day.........

asalam wr wb brother helpinghumanity....Dr.zakir naik is mi favourite too as he speaks with hiqmah n his knowledge is jus simply :ma::ma:!!!

however, i feel ppl are jus tryin to find fault in him. Brother zakir naik has indeed taken efforts in every lecture bcoz while he speaks it shows!!!

Allah is allah knower n i think these criticisms are too small to stop brother zakir from spreading the truth...he is a motivation.

his lectures helped me understand islam better n later alhamdulilaah i had reverted :)

may Allah increase ur emaan brother ameen.
-----
jazaaq Allah khair for the article sister limitthesky....may Allah be pleased with u and grant u janaah ameen.
----

ur sister in islam,
Aishah.

*Sana*

.~.Slave of Allah.~.
Assalamualaikum WaRahamatullahi WaBarakaatu,

I must agree that Dr.Zakir Naik uses logic and reasoning to answer his questions especially when dealing with non-Muslims. And because of his logic and reasoning, he has converted so many to Islam.

This video is one of my favourites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjmNV6k9loU&feature=related

It brings tears to your eyes. :'(

MashaAllah Allah Ta'allah has given him such good public speaking skills along with Islamic Knowledge.

JazakaAllah Sister Aisha for sharing this video and May Allah Ta'allah reward you for your efforts.

Wasalaam :)

aishah_2304m

peace lover
Assalamualaikum WaRahamatullahi WaBarakaatu,

I must agree that Dr.Zakir Naik uses logic and reasoning to answer his questions especially when dealing with non-Muslims. And because of his logic and reasoning, he has converted so many to Islam.

This video is one of my favourites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjmNV6k9loU&feature=related

It brings tears to your eyes. :'(

MashaAllah Allah Ta'allah has given him such good public speaking skills along with Islamic Knowledge.

JazakaAllah Sister Aisha for sharing this video and May Allah Ta'allah reward you for your efforts.

walaikyumaslam wa rahmutulaahi wa baraktu dear sister sana....yes u r right.....glad to c one more supporter of zakir naik ;)....am sure der r many muslims!

baarik Allahu feek Sister sana....may Allah(swt) bless u sister n grant u janaah ameen.

take care....may Allah bestow his mercy on u ameen

ur sister in islam,
Aishah.

he has been critisized cause of speaking about some islamic matter, where he doesnt have enough knowledge. he should avoid discussion which islamic schoalr should do and not he. he should speak about the topic where he is expert like comparative religion.

whatever he is my favourite speaker about other religion after ahmed deedat.

take the good which he has, and avoid the mistakes.

AAminAA

Amatullah

I really admire d Zakir Naik. May Allah bless him and make him and his familly a beautifull house in Jannat-Ul-Firdaws.

I have all of his videos. The most i like is debates with dr. William Cambel, pastor Rukni , and Shri Shri Ravi Sankar . He owns those debates , really smart masha'Allah ! :blackhijab:

aishah_2304m

peace lover
he has been critisized cause of speaking about some islamic matter, where he doesnt have enough knowledge. he should avoid discussion which islamic schoalr should do and not he. he should speak about the topic where he is expert like comparative religion.

whatever he is my favourite speaker about other religion after ahmed deedat.

take the good which he has, and avoid the mistakes.

:salam2: yes brother u r right...which lecture are u referring to??

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Assalamualaikum

:bismillah1:

Sister Aishah, Indeed, I can see that you really enjoy listening to his lectures, debates and talks. If it were not for you, I would never have known him, and thus would have been deprived of all the goodness in his speeches.

May Allah reward you for your efforts Insha Allah. Aameen.

Jazak Allah for sharing.

Assalmualaikum

Searching_soul

my dear bros and sisters, if u enjoy listening to islamic lectures, then i wud recommend an excellent site - www.halaltube.com
it has videos and audio files of many prominent islamic lecturers discussing various topics.... Dr. Zakir Naik is also included....
I hope you take the troubles to just browse thru that site....
May Allah (swt) bless u all with imaan and islamic knowledge.. Ameen

:wasalam:

sha587

Shahid abdullah
I really dont understand why peopleonly criticize. Every person hassome good and bad.

Speaking in front of chiristians,hindus and jews scholars is not a child play. It requires knowledge and courage.

Dr zakir naik is also running a tv channel @peace tv@. Very informative

amirah80

*Fear Allah*

Salam Aishah

Jazak Allah Khair Sis. He made a good point when he said if you quote Quran the Christains will not believe because the do not believe in the book so you must be able to quote their book when debating to provide evidence to them even thou everything is not mentioned in their book but it does start to open their eyes to wonder.

Salam Amirah80

*Sana*

.~.Slave of Allah.~.
walaikyumaslam wa rahmutulaahi wa baraktu dear sister sana....yes u r right.....glad to c one more supporter of zakir naik ;)....am sure der r many muslims!

baarik Allahu feek Sister sana....may Allah(swt) bless u sister n grant u janaah ameen.

take care....may Allah bestow his mercy on u ameen

ur sister in islam,
Aishah.

Assalamualaikum WaRahmatullahi WaBarakaatu Dear Sister Aisha,

Thank you so much for your kind words and your duas. May Allah Ta'allah guide us all onto the staight path and give us all the strength and tawfeeq to preach (after implementing it on ourselves first) our Divine Religion in a similar way if not better, Ameen.

May Allah Ta'allah give you the highest place in Paradise with your family, Ameen.

It's good to have encouraging Sisters like you out there ;)

aishah_2304m

peace lover
Assalamualaikum WaRahmatullahi WaBarakaatu Dear Sister Aisha,

Thank you so much for your kind words and your duas.
May Allah Ta'allah give you the highest place in Paradise with your family, Ameen.
It's good to have encouraging Sisters like you out there ;)

walaikyumaslam wa rahmutulaahi wa baraktu sister Sana....you welcome dear :hijabi:....jazaaq Allah khair for the duas :hearts:!
may Allah bless un ur family always and keep u all strong in emaan ameen!
yeah you are encouragin too and really kind as well :ma:
take care sis...keep smiling!

Salam Aishah
Jazak Allah Khair Sis.

walaikyumasalam wa rahmutulaahi wa baraktu dear sister Amirah...baarik Allahu feek sis...may Allah bless you and grant you janaah ameen!

my dear bros and sisters, if u enjoy listening to islamic lectures, then i wud recommend an excellent site - www.halaltube.com

:salam2:...jazaaq Allah khair brother for the site as i jus love watchin lectures.

Assalamualaikum

:bismillah1:

Sister Aishah, Indeed, I can see that you really enjoy listening to his lectures, debates and talks. If it were not for you, I would never have known him, and thus would have been deprived of all the goodness in his speeches.

Jazak Allah for sharing.

walaikyumasalam wr wb dear sister mesbah...gud 2 hear from you! :)....yes you are absolutely correct he is just my favourite!! :tongue:....baarik Allahu feek....thank you for your kind words its all alhamdulilaah.....may Allah grant you janaah sis ameen.
do take care and may Allah increase ur emaan ameen.

ur sister in islam,
Aishah.

helpinghumanity

Dr zakir naik is also running a tv channel @peace tv@. Very informative

Yes he does............I do watch PEACE TV ......its very informative ..........

Here is the link to my brother and sister who also want to watch PEACE TV

http://helpinghumanity.multiply.com/reviews/item/8

Any one knows how to embed a youtube video.........i am new on this forum........so i don't ........