Iran an Friend of Islam or an Enemy of Islam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as takfeer of shias is concerned, it doesn't surprise me at all. Some people are quick in takfeer of other muslims, yet they reserve the word 'takfiri' for others and never for themselves. :astag:

well as long as the aqeedah of shia leaders is concern, there is no wrong about takfeer, cause their aqeedah is clear liek a glas. but about laymen nobody can say something. allah knows the best.

there are mistakes in saudi rulers and others. but these are minor issue. the major problem is the problem with aqeedah and tawheed. and thast why we muslim cant support them. but as a human being this is another case.

Salem9022

ok we just stick to the topic. First of all I must say, I feel myself in agreement with sister Shanaz's way of thinking.

Secondly, if Iran is closing sunni mosques, this is what we all condemn. It does not justify anything but there are just as many claims about the shiah mosques being sealed in Saudi Arabia from the shia side. Without claiming to have knowledge about who is telling the truth, I can say, it is bad.

Iran is partially itself to blame about the Iranophobia in the arab minds, if you just think of their attempts to occupy Haram and to export the revolution to other countries in the early years of the revolution. But if we just blame them, that would be too simplistic. My personal observation is, and I think everybody who has happened to know both Iranians and arabs will testify it, that the hate for everything iranian in the arab minds almost reaches the dimensions of racism. May Allah protect us from that.

As far as takfeer of shias is concerned, it doesn't surprise me at all. Some people are quick in takfeer of other muslims, yet they reserve the word 'takfiri' for others and never for themselves. :astag:

I agree with some of what you Said that some arabs have this Idea of racism against anything Iranian, but I'm not an arab and I didn't post this because of any nationalistic cause, I posted this to let you know what Iran does inside of their own country.

As for takfeer, this is what the Ullema have said regarding the Shi3a, Shi3a Leaders and Scholars are considered to be Kuffar, since they preach this religion and spread this belief amoung the people, but the Ordinary people we CANT make Takfeer on unless we see clear sign of Kufr, from them since they only follow what the Shi3a Priest tell them.

cmelbouzaidi

:salam2:

I agree, we cannot judge a whole people by some people's actions. As a revert, the only blood relative that I have (second cousin) that is also Muslim is Iranian born and Shia. When my husband and I met my cousin for the first time last year in Europe, the hospitality he extended and the religious discussions they had were very enlightening.

There are those in Iran who believe that some people in Saudi Arabia say those who kill two Shia will be rewarded with Paradise. It is usually outsiders who set groups against each other to "divide and conquer" in the Macchiavellian style..... the oldest trick in the book. Let's not be a part of sowing division in the Muslim community but stick to Qur'an and Sunnah and be the best Muslims we can be, Insha Allah. May Allah help all of us and Allah knows best.

:wasalam:

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Iran is partially itself to blame about the Iranophobia in the arab minds, if you just think of their attempts to occupy Haram and to export the revolution to other countries in the early years of the revolution. But if we just blame them, that would be too simplistic. My personal observation is, and I think everybody who has happened to know both Iranians and arabs will testify it, that the hate for everything iranian in the arab minds almost reaches the dimensions of racism. May Allah protect us from that.

It's ironic that you're mentioning this. Despite the fact that the topic was solely on Iran, this idea of Iranphobia is one that I would like to hear elaboration on. Do some Arabs really have "Iranphobia"? If so, then why? What exactly is the current reason? The reason I'm asking is that it's ironic that they feel this way considering that when you study Islamic history (and I doubt many know this) but most Muslims would be SHOCKED to discover just how MUCH past Arab hatred for Iran had promoted the concept of Shiism itself. If anyone would like to know what I mean, I'll be glad to answer but first I would like to hear elaboration on this concept. JazakAllah Khair.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Closed!!!!!!!!!

But before that, I thought I'd mention a couple of good points on the Saudis. To date, they have splashed out the most money to Muslim countries in times of crisis, be it due to war, famine, typhoons, Earthquakes and the likes; so some of them may spend a great deal, but their charity has also constitued great sums of cash. This is a fact that many people know, but due to their hate find hard to digest. Who donated the largest sum of money, and not a loan or false promise (as some Western countries did) to Pakistan/Kashmir when it got struck by an Earthquake? Ask anyone who was following the donation figures and isn't a Barailwi or Ahmedi and the answer would be clear. And not shedding tears for the Muslims in other countries? Even if this pathetic claim was true, only a couple of decades earlier they were one of the main sources of strength and support to the mujaahideen in Afghanistan.

People can say what they want, but who allowed so many notable scholars including Ahmad Ibn Muhammad Ad-Dehlawee into the country, wrote to them personally, welcomed them personally, and assisted them in opening Islamic universities like Daar ul-Hadeeth. Who took Shaykh Ihsaan Elayhi Zaheer of Pakistan into their care, the one who spent his life defending the Sunnah from Bid`ah, when he was hit by a bomb? Again, who went out to meet Malcom X and advised him on his previous extreme views.

The answer to all these questions is either a Saudi King, or the government in general. No one is perfect, nor is their land/people/government, but they still assist Islaam, the `Ullemaa', the Da`wah and more importantly, pay more attention to ridding shirk from the Ummah. And remember that someone who wastes wealth upon tawheed is 9 billion times better than one who does so (but on a lesser scale) and is upon shirk...

These threads are a waste of space, not because of the initial post but because of the claims we find, and the little value people give to a good Islamic education, and in sad cases, tawheed...

Status
Not open for further replies.