What do you want from him/her

ripefig

:salam2:

My dear Brothers and sisters, I would like to ask this question so that everyone can benefit. WHAT ARE THE THINGS THAT WOULD MAKE YOUR SPOUSE OR "SPOUSE TO BE" THE PERFECT HUSBAND/WIFE. Maybe each gender could see the other side of the coin. Remember positive only!!!:SMILY335:

:wasalam:

najbc

I guess, the person following prophet foot step, being religious, being honesty, kind and respect toward me, my family and everything. Being fair with his kids, taking part of the house job, being responsible, understanding, going to mosque everyday. Be my best friend, being someone that can I talk, someone that is very close with their kids (both gender). Someone with a great sense humor, very social. For me this is a perfect person even though I do not believe in perfection. hey, at teh doen Allah SWT knows what is good for his but it does not hard to dream and expect!

amirah80

*Fear Allah*

For me I can sum it up in one sentence.

For him to be a pious muslim man and everything else will fall into place after that.

Salam Amirah80

a_brother

Make dua for us all

What i care most about is good Character...

she loves and fears Allah (SWT)...
she loves (and accepts/practices)the teaching of our beloved Mohammed (SAW)...
her number one goal is to have Allah's acceptance/rida...

If the above met, Insha-Allah, everything else will fall into place :)

some good sense of humor would be nice :D

bilalswife1983

I will try to make a list insha allah :SMILY259:

1. He has to be a Muslim man (obviously! haha!)
2. I want him to want to learn more and more about this deen everyday and teach me and my children and encourage us to learn more and more also.
3. I want him to be a pious man.
4. I want him to be the kind of man that prays five times a day, even if he is sick or really busy and encourages me to do this also. I want him to go to the mosque as often as he can.
5. I want him to be a supportive man.
6. He has to love children! I want him to help me raise our children to be disciplined and educated and God-fearing.
7. He has to have a silly side and make me laugh. A great sense of humor is a beautiful thing.
8. The rest I believe najbc said it perfectly: following in the footsteps of the prophet, being religious, being honest, kind and respectful towards me, my family, and everyone else. Being fair with his kids, taking part of the house job, being responsible, understanding, be my best friend, etc.
9. And I have to go with sister amirah80 also. If he's pious, everything else will fall into place insha allah.

May Allah bless us all with pious husbands/wives. We can dream and wish but Allah knows best.

Your sister in Islam,

Dawn

ripefig

Very nice points, thanks. Here are some of mines

1. Be nice to my parents for they took care of me when I was little, don't make me choose between them and her.

2. Wake me up gently for Fajr instead of that silly alarm clock:)

3. Encourage me in goodness when I waver, for indeed I am only human and will make mistakes.

4. Tell me if I did her wrong instead of someone else.

5. Speak gently so I can listen.

6. Treat the kids equally.

7. Dress appropriately (Islamic) so I will be proud to accompany her.

These are just some points, I am sure we can get lots more, so please people spill it!!!

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
:wasalam:

very nice thread...prophet says us to take into consideration 4 things when we choose a spouse....i dont remember that full hadhith...can any bother o sister put it here?...

it says that women are married for four things...they are: her beauty, family, wealth and religiousness....and he commands us to marry those who are pious...

if i give u my personal thinking, the girl will be getting 50/100 (the pass marks according to my marking scheme), if she is a pious muslimah...

may ALLAH grant us pious spouses those who fear ALLAH, strive for Jannah and accompany us to cross ANY hurdle that comes to our lives...amiin

wassalam

-brother IbnAdam-

rtbour

american muslima
taking care of me so i dont have to work
no yelling- talking calmly and rationally when he has a problem with me
thinking before he speaks to make sure he doesnt say hurtful things
being home more; more family time together
doing the dishes once in awhile (not because i hate doing them, but because i LIKE watching him do them once in awhile)

rtbour

american muslima

I will try to make a list insha allah :SMILY259:

1. He has to be a Muslim man (obviously! haha!)
2. I want him to want to learn more and more about this deen everyday and teach me and my children and encourage us to learn more and more also.
3. I want him to be a pious man.
4. I want him to be the kind of man that prays five times a day, even if he is sick or really busy and encourages me to do this also. I want him to go to the mosque as often as he can.
5. I want him to be a supportive man.
6. He has to love children! I want him to help me raise our children to be disciplined and educated and God-fearing.
7. He has to have a silly side and make me laugh. A great sense of humor is a beautiful thing.
8. The rest I believe najbc said it perfectly: following in the footsteps of the prophet, being religious, being honest, kind and respectful towards me, my family, and everyone else. Being fair with his kids, taking part of the house job, being responsible, understanding, be my best friend, etc.
9. And I have to go with sister amirah80 also. If he's pious, everything else will fall into place insha allah.

May Allah bless us all with pious husbands/wives. We can dream and wish but Allah knows best.

Your sister in Islam,

Dawn

never mind- i like yours better! i want my husband to be like this!!!!

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum

Mine is very difficult :D

1.Praying in The Mosque five times a day
2.Waking up Fajr always..
3.Loving Islam and putting it on the top of everything
4.Caring about Hereafter more then this world..

Now about character :D
1. Not provoking me and making me jealous ...( means not talking to other women too much :D and no discussion about second wife ever )
2. Never raising up his voice on me ...
3.Making surprises often,flowers is a MUST ..

Ok and the list can go on and on... :D

But of course all I care most is his submission to Allah SWT ,the rest is not important at all ,at ALL

waaleikum salam :)

palestine

Servant of Allah
i'm not married but if for future inshallah i would like it very much if my future to be would pious, not a religious snob but very pious and at the same time very fun and loving. i would like it that he always keeps in his mind and heart jihad fisabilillah(jihad for the sake of allah) and i would like him to raise with me children who are to be muttaqun and mujahidun inshallah. that is my dream a man who respects and cherishes islam first and his number one goal being to please allah and to attain jannah. then after that respect me and be supportive and a deen lover! asalamu alaykum.

rooia

yes, important thread ...

he has to be relgoius....i say one thing which is important to me very much
( I want someone to be my half ..in which he advise me and courage me ,i want somene have more informaition than me ... I dont like to begine from alpha bet with someone after my marrige...)

Zayna85908

Okay he needs Not to make me jealous,
needs to stop giving girls a lift home from his workplace
actually accept we need a house and get in his mind we cannot afford a big fancy house with a wide open street

And start praying fajr prayer instead of being lazy and going back to sleep wen i wake him up! And one more thing: stop exercising so much when you come home from work and take me out the boring house!:p

Proud_2b_Muslim

Ahmad M. Al-Marshoud
for me
1- new converted sister that want truly to learn about our beautiful Islam
2- fear Allah and want to be Allah`s servant
3- love kids
4- respect me as I will do the same and be loyal
thats for now only , later maybe will be more :)

abu'muhammad

Alhamdulillah, She has much more than my expectations.

I think all of us have shortcomings and limitations. Our demands have no u turn. So, Thinking I am justifying the subject, by writing what she has. Thinking I can say that : in four years marraige, at 29, what I not understood in 5 years engagement.

1) She remained away from evolving-creating fitnahs ,which some houses have rampant.:astag:

2) Never complained on any matter . understands and gives priority to well-being and mutual understanding.

3) Whenever I needed advice; because a man needs, cause he is more concentrated to outer world , has given ,that of, absolute wisdom, understanding and pertaining to context. :ma:. something which is remarkable.

4) planned financial matters with modest budget, when we had financial probs.... understands that money doen't grow on trees. Alhamdulillah,today we have small things from car to house, yet she's same. spents at compulsory - necessary, else forbids.

5) Its great to feel when you know that there's someone asking to Allah for you. asking for akhirah, afiyyat .

there is something which we should forward, when given a chance or opined for, and not to show or represent others . sometimes we feel happy to share something good in store. so cannot hold the temptation, for subject . hopefully justified subject. if not forgive :jazaak:

Well I think Be Kind Towards His Wife Is One Of Them Showing Love Towards His Wife, & Yeah Well I Have To Tell My sisters story well she met this muslim brother and erm well she is not my sister in blood but erm my dad adobted her after she became a muslim and then wen she went with her husband to Dubai he was kind to her and stuff and then he just met this other girl on the internet and now she is gettin divorced with five kids i mean five kids!:| and he started beating her up ! what i am trying to say is that she has done all this for him but erm he didnt apricate it!