Ibn al-Qayyim: How to Give Da'wah to Those Who Love the Dunya

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Ibn al-Qayyim: How to Give Da'wah to Those Who Love the Dunya

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"...The smart one does not command people to abandon the dunya, because this is impossible for them. Rather, he has them abandon sins while they are established in their dunya. This is because abandoning the dunya is an optional virtue while abandoning sins is an obligation. So, how can he command them with something optional while they have not even fulfilled what is obligatory?

If it is difficult for them to abandon sins, he should then strive to get them to love Allah by reminding them of His signs, blessings, Kindness, perfection, and Loftiness. This is because the hearts are naturally designed to love Him, and if they become attached to loving Him, it then becomes extremely easy to abandon sins and to detach oneself from them.

Yahya bin Mu'adh said: "The intelligent one seeking the dunya is better than the ignorant one abandoning it."

The smart one calls the people to Allah from their dunya, and this makes it easier for them to respond to him. The zahid calls them to Allah by way of abandoning the dunya, and this makes it hard for them to respond, since it is very hard to pull someone away from the breast that he has developed his mind while suckling on..."

[al-Fawa'id; p. 233-234]

sha587

Shahid abdullah
salam,

If it is difficult for them to abandon sins, he should then strive to get them to love Allah by reminding them of His signs, blessings, Kindness, perfection, and Loftiness. This is because the hearts are naturally designed to love Him, and if they become attached to loving Him, it then becomes extremely easy to abandon sins and to detach oneself from them.

Akhi people are different in nature. Some found it easy to walk on straight path by loving Allah and some keep themselves on right path by fearing Allah. But both things will lead to the same destination.

Thanks for sharing Jazakallah. Allah gives you reward.

cmelbouzaidi

:salam2:

Jazak Allahu Khair.... Short but extremely meaningful post that we should all pay attention to, Insha Allah :) Most beneficial. May Allah reward you for your efforts.

:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam respected brother,

Oh how I love the pleasures of the duyna. How sweet it is. How forgetful is my heart as I seek the simple pleasures of the duyna. It makes me smile and I am replete.

Show me a path that is loving and accepting of my faults. Show me a path that does not leave me empty. Show me a path that does not forget me and I will follow it. Show me hope when the duyna by its nature disappointments me. When the duyna goes on and has left me alone..show me Love and I will follow.

ahmad al magtani

Kulo Nuwun
add

assalamualaikum,

Quran Surah Al Qasas

77. And seek by means of that treasure which Allah has bestowed to you, the home of the Hereafter, and forget not your share in the world and do good as Allah has done good to you and seek not mischief in the land. Undoubtedly Allah loves not the mischief-makers.

there is 3 type people in this world in my opinion
1.seeking hereafter and forget not the world (same like above verse)
2.seeking hereafter and the world (mean in equal)(ideal but rather difficult)
3.seeking the world and forget the hereafter(this is the worse)

so which type of you?:SMILY288:

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
The wisdom of Ibn Al-Qayyim never ceases to astonish me...jazaka allah ajjannah for the wonderful excerpt from a wonderful book akhi!

:wasalam:

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation
Assalamualaikum - I have learned something new today :)
thank you for the beneficial post.