Prophet Mohammed (SAW)

mymohsin

Pls mak Duwa 4 me
Salamalaykum,

Jazak Allah khair brother jazak Allah khair subhan Allah how great and simple our prophet (pubh).

"O Allah! I am but a man. If I hurt any one in any manner, then forgive me and do not punish me." (Ahmed, Musnad, Vol. 6 pg. 103)

Read your post on page 1 but will all insha Allah very nice thread brother. May Allah have his mercy on all of us and give us proper understanding of Quran and Sunnah and corage to follow them properly. Ameen.

Jazak Allah Khair.

jaferomar

:salam2:Jazak Allah khair. This is a good example of our we should model ourselves after the Prophet (SAWS). Very nice:

a_brother

Make dua for us all

The Importance of the Honored Sunnah to the Faithful​

"I have left among you two things; you will never go astray as long as you hold fast to them: the Book of Allah and my Sunnah."
(Al-Hakim)

As our Lord has revealed in the verse "Today I have perfected your religion for you and completed My blessing upon you and I am pleased with Islam as a religion for you" (Surat al-Ma'ida, 3), Islam is the final divine religion. Prophet Muhammad (saas) is "the messenger of Allah and the Final Seal of the Prophets" (Surat al-Ahzab, 40). The faithful learn the kind of moral values they need to display in order to attain the approval, compassion and paradise of Allah; what they must avoid and what they must abide by; what is lawful and what is forbidden; in short, all the details regarding the kind of life that will be pleasing to Allah from the Qur'an. Another mercy and blessing of our Lord for believers is the Sunnah of our Prophet (saas).

Our Prophet (saas) is a blessed individual, whom Allah has sent as a role model for all people with his moral values, as is revealed in the verse "You have an excellent model in the messenger of Allah, for all who put their hope in Allah and the Last Day and remember Allah much" (Surat al-Ahzab, 21). He is a role model for everyone with his faith, godliness, knowledge and superior moral values. With his patience, trust in Allah, courage, devotion and closeness to Allah, justice, compassion, love and affection for believers, and foresight he possessed moral values that are greatly admired by the faithful. All believers strongly desire and strive to possess these features. That is because possessing superior moral values similar to those of our Prophet (saas) means abiding by the moral values of the Qur'an. For all these reasons, therefore, all words, decisions, recommendations, advice and life - the Sunnah in other words - of our Prophet (saas) is a most valuable guide for all those who wish to understand and live by the Qur'an.

Allah has revealed the importance of obeying the prophet and adhering to his path in many verses of the Qur'an. One of these reads:

Whoever obeys the messenger has obeyed Allah. If anyone turns away, We did not send you to them as their keeper. (Surat an-Nisa', 80)

One of the most important signs that someone obeys and has submitted to Allah is that person's obedience and devotion to the prophet. That is because Allah sent the prophets to show people the way, by His leave, to the true path. If a person wishes to become someone who abides by Allah's path and of whom Allah will approve, he must obey our Prophet (saas) and fully adhere to his path. Our Lord informs us of this fact in the verse, "For this We sent a messenger to you from among you to recite Our signs to you and purify you and teach you the Book and Wisdom and teach you things you did not know before" (Surat al-Baqara, 151). Islamic scholars are unanimously agreed that the expression "Wisdom" in this verse means "the Sunnah of our Prophet (saas)."

Believers have been commanded to take the Qur'an and the honored Sunnah of our Prophet (saas) as their guides on matters over which they disagree. In the Qur'an our Lord states:

No, by your Lord, they are not believers until they make you their judge in the disputes that break out between them, and then find no resistance within themselves to what you decide and submit themselves completely. (Surat an-Nisa', 65)

As is clearly set out in this verse, the practices of our Prophet (saas) are an obligation for believers. That is because the Sunnah is the interpretation and explanation of and commentary on the Qur'an. Therefore, no believer, neither man nor woman, has any right of rejection with regard to the honored Sunnah of our Prophet (saas). This is revealed in these terms in the Qur'an:

When Allah and His messenger have decided something it is not for any man or woman of the believers to have a choice about it. Anyone who disobeys Allah and His messenger is clearly misguided. (Surat al-Ahzab, 36)

Whatever the messenger gives you you should accept and whatever he forbids you you should forgo. Have fear [and respect] of Allah - Allah is severe in retribution. (Surat al-Hashr, 7)

The reply of the believers when they are summoned to Allah and His messenger so that he can judge between them, is to say, "We hear and we obey." They are ones who are successful. (Surat an-Nur, 51)

A person's submission to our Prophet (saas) and complete compliance with his stipulations is a sign that that person acts with a devout consciousness. If a person sincerely adheres to our Prophet (saas) and feels not the slightest doubt in his heart about the stipulations issued by him, that person is aware that he is actually abiding by the commandments of Allah. In the words "nor does he speak from whim. It is nothing but Revelation revealed" (Surat an-Najm, 3-4), our Lord reveals that our Prophet (saas) spoke solely through His revelation and that his words are under His protection. Indeed, in the Hadith our Prophet (saas) has stated the importance of adhering to his path, and that subsequent generations in particular need to be most sensitive to this matter:

those of you who live after me will see great disagreement. You must then follow my sunnah and that of the rightly-guided caliphs. Hold to it and stick fast to it. Avoid novelties, for every novelty is an innovation, and every innovation is an error. (Abu Dawud, Narrated Irbad ibn Sariyah)

The best word is the Word of Allah and the best guidance is the guidance of Muhammad. (Sunan Ibn Maajah, Muqaddima, 7)

In addition, it must not be forgotten that the Sunnah of our Prophet (saas) and the path to which he called the faithful is a path that will give life to believers. In one verse Allah states:

You who believe! Respond to Allah and to the messenger when He calls you to what will bring you to life! Know that Allah intervenes between a man and his heart and that you will be gathered to Him. (Surat al-Anfal, 24)

What devout believers must do is to adhere to the path of our Prophet (saas) and to take his Sunnah as their guide, in the knowledge that he has called them to a path that will give them life. Someone who wishes to attain the mercy and paradise of Allah must build his house on solid foundations right from the outset. Someone who has taken the Qur'an as his guide and the moral values of our Prophet (saas) as a role model is someone who adheres to the true path. In the Qur'an, Allah refers to people who build on solid foundations right from the outset thus:

Who is better: someone who founds his building on fear [and awareness] of Allah and His good pleasure, or someone who founds his building on the brink of a crumbling precipice so that it collapses with him into the fire of Hell? Allah does not love wrongdoers. (Surat at-Tawba, 109)

Anyone who acts out of a fear of Allah and strives to gain His approval is a loyal follower of our Prophet (saas), and seeks to resemble him in faith and moral values. Resembling our Prophet (saas), however, is only possible by adhering to the Qur'an and never departing from the honored Sunnah.

http://www.rasoulallah.net/subject_en.asp?hit=1&lang=ar&parent_id=79&sub_id=3946

a_brother

Make dua for us all
Notes on "Ar-Raheeq Al-Makhtum" (THE SEALED NECTAR)
Biography of the Noble Prophet [pbuh] - by Saif-ur -Rahman al-Mubarakpuri
Published by Al-Maktaba Salfiyah, Lahore,Pakistan

Chapter 4-Aspects of Pre-Islamic Arabian Society
(Important Points)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Social Life of the Arabs:

The Arabian Society presented a social medley, with different and heterogeneous social strata.

The woman enjoyed a considerable portion of free will, and her decision would most often be enforced. She was so highly cherished that blood would be easily shed in defence of her honour.The marriage contract rested completely in the hands of the woman’s legal guardian whose words with regard to her marital status could never be questioned.

On the other hand, there were other social strata where prostitution and indecency were rampant and in full operation.
Abu Da’ûd, on the authority of ‘Aishah [R] reported four kinds of marriage in pre-Islamic Arabia:

The first was similar to present-day marriage procedures, in which case a man gives his daughter in marriage to another man after a dowry has been agreed on.

In the second, the husband would send his wife - after the menstruation period - to cohabit with another man in order to conceive.After conception her husband would, if he desired, have a sexual intercourse with her.

A third kind was that a group of less than ten men would have sexual intercourse with a woman. If she conceived and gave birth to a child, she would send for these men, and would say: ‘You know what you have done. I have given birth to a child and it is your child’ (pointing to one of them). The man meant would have to accept.

The fourth kind was that a lot of men would have sexual intercourse with a certain woman (a whore). If this whore got pregnant and gave birth to a child, she would collect those men, and a seeress would tell whose child it was.
When Prophet Muhammad [pbuh] declared Islam in Arabia, he cancelled all these forms of sexual contacts except that of present Islamic marriage. [Abu Da'ud - The Book of marriage]

Pre-Islam Arabs had no limited number of wives. They could marry two sisters at the same time, or even the wives of their fathers if divorced or widowed. Divorce was to a very great extent in the power of the husband. [Abu Da'ud - The Book of marriage]

Whilst some Arabs held children dear to their hearts and cherished them greatly, others buried their female children alive because an illusory fear of poverty and shame weighed heavily on them. The practice of infanticide cannot, however, be seen as irrevocably rampant because of their dire need for male children to guard themselves against their enemies.

The Economic Situation
Trade was the most common means of providing their needs of life. The trade journeys could not be fulfilled unless security of caravan routes and inter-tribal peaceful co-existence were provided - two imperative exigencies unfortunately lacking in Arabia except during the prohibited months within which the Arabs held their assemblies of ‘Ukaz, Dhil-Majaz, Mijannah and others.

Ethics:
We cannot deny that the pre-Islam Arabs had such a large bulk of evils,but this could never screen off the surprise-provoking existence of highly praiseworthy virtues, of which we could adduce the following:

Hospitality: They used to emulate one another at hospitality and take utmost pride in it. Almost half of their poetry heritage was dedicated to the merits and nobility attached to entertaining one’s guest.

Keeping a covenant: For the Arab, to make a promise was to run into debt.

Sense of honour and repudiation of injustice

Firm will and determination
: An Arab would never desist an avenue conducive to an object of pride or a standing of honour, even if it were at the expense of his life.

Forbearance
, perseverance and mildness
Pure and simple bedouin life

Such priceless ethics coupled with a favourable geographical position of Arabia were in fact the factors that lay behind selecting the Arabs to undertake the burden of communicating the Message (of Islam) and leading mankind down a new course of life.

In this regard, these ethics per se, though detrimental in some areas, and in need of rectification in certain aspects, were greatly invaluable to the ultimate welfare of the human community and Islam has did it completely.

for chapters i didn't past, you may check them here:
http://www.abdurrahman.org/seerah/NotesRaheeqalMakhtum.html

a_brother

Make dua for us all

Chapter 6-Muhammad’s Birth and Forty years prior Prophethood
(Important Points)​

His Birth

* Muhammad [pbuh], the Master of Prophets, was born in Bani Hashim lane in Makkah on Monday morning, the ninth of Rabi‘ Al-Awwal, the same year of the Elephant Event, and forty years of the reign of Kisra (Khosru Nushirwan), i.e. the twentieth or twenty-second of April, 571 A.D., according to the scholar Muhammad Sulaimân Al-Mansourpuri, and the astrologer Mahmûd Pasha. [Muhadarat Tareekh Al-Umam Al-Islamiyah 1/62; Rahmat-ul-lil'alameen 1/38,39]

* It was but controversially reported that significant precursors accompanied his birth: fourteen galleries of Kisra’s palace cracked and rolled down, the Magians’ sacred fire died down and some churches on Lake Sawa sank down and collapsed. [Reported by Al-Baihaqi, but Al-Ghazali didn't approve it - see Fiqh-us-Seerah p.46]

* His mother immediately sent someone to inform his grandfather ‘Abdul-Muttalib of the happy event. Happily he came to her, carried him to Al-Ka‘bah, prayed to Allâh and thanked Him. ‘Abdul-Muttalib called the baby Muhammad, a name not then common among the Arabs. He circumcised him on his seventh day as was the custom of the Arabs. [Ibn Hisham 1/159,160; Zad Al-Ma'ad 1/18; Muhadarat Tareekh Al-Umam Al-Islamiyah 1/62]

* The first woman who suckled him after his mother was Thuyebah, the concubine of Abu Lahab, with her son, Masrouh. She had suckled Hamzah bin ‘Abdul-Muttalib before and later Abu Salamah bin ‘Abd Al-Asad Al-Makhzumi.

Babyhood
The Prophet [pbuh] was later entrusted to Haleemah bint Abi Dhuaib from Bani Sa‘d bin Bakr. Her husband was Al-Harith bin ‘Abdul ‘Uzza called Abi Kabshah, from the same tribe.

Traditions delightfully relate how Haleemah and the whole of her household were favoured by successive strokes of good fortune while the baby Muhammad [pbuh] lived under her care. Ibn Ishaq states that Haleemah narrated that she along with her husband and a suckling babe, set out from her village in the company of some women of her clan in quest of children to suckle. She said:
Quote:
It was a year of drought and famine and we had nothing to eat. I rode on a brown she-ass. We also had with us an old she-camel. By Allâh we could not get even a drop of milk. We could not have a wink of sleep during the night for the child kept crying on account of hunger. There was not enough milk in my breast and even the she-camel had nothing to feed him. We used to constantly pray for rain and immediate relief. At length we reached Makkah looking for children to suckle. Not even a single woman amongst us accepted the Messenger of Allâh [pbuh] offered to her. As soon as they were told that he was an orphan, they refused him. We had fixed our eyes on the reward that we would get from the child’s father. An orphan! What are his grandfather and mother likely to do? So we spurned him because of that. Every woman who came with me got a suckling and when we were about to depart, I said to my husband: "By Allâh, I do not like to go back along with the other women without any baby. I should go to that orphan and I must take him." He said, "There is no harm in doing so and perhaps Allâh might bless us through him." So I went and took him because there was simply no other alternative left for me but to take him. When I lifted him in my arms and returned to my place I put him on my breast and to my great surprise, I found enough milk in it. He drank to his heart’s content, and so did his foster brother and then both of them went to sleep although my baby had not been able to sleep the previous night. My husband then went to the she-camel to milk it and, to his astonishment, he found plenty of milk in it. He milked it and we drank to our fill, and enjoyed a sound sleep during the night. The next morning, my husband said: "By Allâh Haleemah, you must understand that you have been able to get a blessed child." And I replied: "By the grace of Allâh, I hope so."

When, as related by Anas in Sahih Muslim, Gabriel came down and ripped his chest open and took out the heart. He then extracted a blood-clot out of it and said: "That was the part of Satan in thee." And then he washed it with the water of Zamzam in a gold basin. After that the heart was joined together and restored to its place. The boys and playmates came running to his mother, i.e. his nurse, and said: "Verily, Muhammad [pbuh] has been murdered." They all rushed towards him and found him all right only his face was white. [Muslim 1/92]

Back to His Passionate Mother

* After this event, Haleemah was worried about the boy and returned him to his mother with whom he stayed until he was six. [Talqeeh Furoom Ahl-al-Athar p.7; Ibn Hisham 1/168]
In respect of the memory of her late husband, Amina decided to visit his grave in Yathrib (Madinah). She set out to cover a journey of 500 kilometers with her orphan boy, woman servant Umm Ayman and her father-in-law ‘Abdul-Muttalib. She spent a month there and then took her way back to Makkah. On the way, she had a severe illness and died in Abwa on the road between Makkah and Madinah. [Ibn Hisham 1/168; Talqeeh Fuhroom Ahl-al-Athar p.7]

To His Compassionate Grandfather

‘Abdul-Muttalib was more passionate with his grandson than with his own children. He never left the boy a prey to loneliness, but always preferred him to his own kids. Ibn Hisham reported: A mattress was put in the shade of Al-Ka‘bah for ‘Abdul-Muttalib. His children used to sit around that mattress in honour to their father, but Muhammad [pbuh] used to sit on it. His uncles would take him back, but if ‘Abdul-Muttalib was present, he would say: "
Quote:
Leave my grandson. I swear by Allâh that this boy will hold a significant position."

When Muhammad [pbuh] was eight years, two months and ten days old, his grandfather ‘Abdul-Muttalib passed away in Makkah. The charge of the Prophet [pbuh] was now passed on to his uncle Abu Talib, who was the brother of the Prophet’s father.

Abu Talib took the charge of his nephew in the best way. He put him with his children and preferred him to them.

Muhammad’s Early Job

Muhammad [pbuh], had no particular job at his early youth, but it was reported that he worked as a shepherd for Bani Sa‘d and in Makkah. At the age of 25, he went to Syria as a merchant for Khadijah [R]. Ibn Ishaq reported that Khadijah, daughter of Khwailid was a business-woman of great honour and fortune. Quraish people were mostly tradespeople, so when Khadijah was informed of Muhammad [pbuh], his truthful words, great honesty and kind manners, she sent for him. She offered him money to go to Syria and do her business, and she would give him a higher rate than the others. She would also send her hireling, Maisarah, with him. He agreed and went with her servant to Syria for trade. [Ibn Hisham 1/187,188]

His Marriage to Khadijah

When he returned to Makkah, Khadijah noticed, in her money, more profits and blessings than she used to. Her hireling also told her of Muhammad’s good manners, honesty, deep thought, sincerity and faith.
She disclosed her wish to her friend Nafisa, daughter of Maniya, who immediately went to Muhammad [pbuh] and broke the good news to him. He agreed and requested his uncles to go to Khadijah’s uncle and talk on this issue. Subsequently, they were married. The marriage contract was witnessed by Bani Hashim and the heads of Mudar. He gave her twenty camels as dowry.She was the first woman whom the Messenger of Allâh [pbuh] married. He did not get married to any other until she had died. [Ibn Hisham 1/189; Fiqh As-Seerah p.59; Talqeeh Fahoom Ahl-al-Athar p.7]

Khadijah bore all his children, except Ibrahim: Al-Qasim, Zainab, Ruqaiyah, Umm Kulthum, Fatimah and ‘Abdullah who was called Taiyib and Tahir. All his sons died in their childhood and all the daughters except Fatimah died during his lifetime. Fatimah died six months after his death. All his daughters witnessed Islam, embraced it, and emigrated to Madinah. [Ibn Hisham 1/190,191; Fath Al-Bari 7/507]

Rebuilding Al-Ka‘bah and the Arbitration Issue

When the Messenger of Allâh [pbuh] was thirty five, Quraish started rebuilding Al-Ka‘bah. That was because it was a low building of white stones no more than 6.30 metres high, from the days of Ishmael. It was also roofless and that gave the thieves easy access to its treasures inside. Quraish was obliged to rebuild it to safeguard its holiness and position. The chiefs of Quraish decided to use only licit money in rebuilding Al-Ka‘bah, so all money that derived from harlotry, usury or unjust practices was excluded. They were, at first, too awed to knock down the wall, but Al-Waleed bin Al-Mugheerah Al-Mukhzumi started the work. Seeing that no harm had happened to him, the others participated in demolishing the walls until they reached the basis laid by Abraham. The work went on in harmony till the time came to put the sacred Black Stone in its proper place. Then strife broke out among the chiefs, and lasted for four or five days, each contesting for the honour of placing the stone in its position. Daggers were on the point of being drawn and great bloodshed seemed imminent. Luckily, the oldest among the chiefs Abu Omaiyah bin Mugheerah Al-Makhzumi made a proposal which was accepted by all. He said: "
Quote:
Let him, who enters the Sanctuary first of all, decide on the point."
It was then Allâh’s Will that the Messenger of Allâh [pbuh] should be the first to enter the Mosque. On seeing him, all the people on the scene, cried with one voice: "
Quote:
Al-Ameen (the trustworthy) has come. We are content to abide by his decision."
He asked for a mantle which he spread on the ground and placed the stone in its centre. He then asked the representatives of the different clans among them, to lift the stone all together. When it had reached the proper place, Muhammad [pbuh] laid it in the proper position with his own hands. This is how a very tense situation was eased and a grave danger averted by the wisdom of the Prophet [pbuh].

Quraish ran short of the licit money, they collected, so they eliminated six yards area on the northern side of Al-Ka‘bah which is called Al-Hijr or Al-Hateem. They raised its door two metres from the level ground to let in only the people whom they desired. When the structure was fifteen yards high they erected the roof which rested on six columns.

A Rapid Review of Muhammad’s Biography before Commissioning of the Prophethood

Prophet Muhammad [pbuh] was, in his youth, a combination of the best social attributes. He was favoured with intelligence, originality of thought and accurate choice of the means leading to accurate goals. His long silence helped favourably in his habit of meditation and deep investigation into the truth. He shunned superstitious practices but took an active part in constructive and useful dealings, otherwise, he would have recourse to his self-consecrated solitude. He kept himself aloof from drinking wine, eating meat slaughtered on stone altars, or attending idolatrous festivals. He held the idols in extreme aversion and most abhorrence. He could never tolerate someone swearing by Al-Lat and Al-‘Uzza. Even when he tried to obey his instinct to enjoy some life pleasures or follow some irrespectable traditions, Allâh’s providence intervened to curb any lapse in this course. Ibn Al-Atheer reported Muhammad [pbuh] as saying: "
Quote:
I have never tried to do what my people do except for two times. Every time Allâh intervened and checked me from doing so and I never did that again. Once I told my fellow-shepherd to take care of my sheep when we were in the upper part of Makkah. I wanted to go down to Makkah and entertain myself as the young men did. I went down to the first house of Makkah where I heard music. I entered and asked: ‘What is this?’ Someone answered: ‘It is a wedding party.’ I sat down and listened but soon went into deep sleep. I was awakened by the heat of the sun. I went back to my fellow-shepherd and told him of what had happened to me. I have never tried it again."

Al-Bukhari reported on the authority of Jabir bin ‘Abdullah that he said: "While the people were rebuilding Al-Ka‘bah, the Prophet Muhammad [pbuh] went with ‘Abbas to carry some stones. ‘Abbas said: ‘Put your loincloth round your neck to protect you from the stones.’ (As he did that) the Prophet [pbuh] fell to the ground and his eyes turned skyward. Later on he woke up and shouted: ‘My loincloth... my loincloth.’ He wrapped himself in his loincloth." In another report: "His loins were never seen afterwards." [Bukhari Chapter: The Building of Al-Ka'bah, 1/540]

The authorities agree in ascribing to the youth of Muhammad [pbuh] modesty of deportment, virtuous behaviour and graceful manners. He proved himself to be the ideal of manhood, and to possess a spotless character. He was the most gentle-hearted, chaste, hospitable and always impressed people by his piety-inspiring countenance. He was the most truthful and the best to keep covenant. His fellow-citizens, by common consent, gave him the title of Al-‘Ameen (trustworthy). The Mother of believers, Khadijah [R], once said:
Quote:
He unites uterine relations, he helps the poor and the needy, he entertains the guests and endures hardships in the path of truthfulness.
[Bukhari 1/3]

a_brother

Make dua for us all
Chapter 7-In the Shade of the Message and Prophethood
(Important Points)​

In the Cave of Hira’

When Prophet Muhammad [pbuh] was nearly forty, he had been wont to pass long hours in retirement meditating and speculating over all aspects of creation around him. He used to provide himself with Sawiq (barley porridge) and water and then directly head for the hills and ravines in the neighbourhood of Makkah. One of these in particular was his favourite resort - a cave named Hira’, in the Mount An-Nour. It was only two miles from Makkah, a small cave 4 yards long and 1.75 yard wide.This solitude attended with this sort of contemplative approach must be understood in its Divine perspective. It was a preliminary stage to the period of grave responsibilities that he was to shoulder very soon. [Rahmat Al-lil'alameen 1/47; Ibn Hisham 1/235,236; Fi Zilal Al-Qur'an 29/166]

Gabriel brings down the Revelation

When he was forty, the age of complete perfection at which Prophets were always ordered to disclose their Message, signs of his Prophethood started to appear and twinkle on the horizons of life; they were the true visions he used to experience for six months. The period of Prophethood was 23 years; so the period of these six months of true visions constituted an integral part of the forty-six parts of Prophethood. In Ramadan, in his third year of solitude in the cave of Hira’, Allâh’s Will desired His mercy to flow on earth and Muhammad [pbuh] was honoured with Prophethood, and the light of Revelation burst upon him with some verses of the Noble Qur’ân. [Fath Al-Bari 1/27]
As for the exact date, careful investigation into circumstantial evidence and relevant clues point directly to Monday, 21st. Ramadan at night, i.e. August, 10, 610 A.D. with Prophet Muhammad [pbuh] exactly 40 years, 6 months and 12 days of age, i.e. 39 Gregorian years, 3 months and 22 days. [There is some contrast between scholars about the fixed day on which the Revelation started, but I have written here what seems to be the correct one. For detail please see Sahih Muslim, Musnad Ahmed, Rahmat Al-lil'alameen, Al-Hakim, and Al-Baihaqi, etc.]

At length, unexpectedly, the Truth (the angel) came to him and said, "Recite." "I cannot recite," he (Muhammad [pbuh]) said. The Prophet [pbuh] described: "Then he took me and squeezed me vehemently and then let me go and repeated the order ‘Recite.’ ‘I cannot recite’ said I, and once again he squeezed me and let me till I was exhausted. Then he said: ‘Recite.’ I said ‘I cannot recite.’ He squeezed me for a third time and then let me go and said:
Quote:
"Read! In the Name of your Lord, Who has created (all that exists), has created man from a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood). Read! and your Lord is the Most Generous.’" [Al-Qur'an 96:1-3]
The Prophet [pbuh] repeated these verses. He was trembling with fear. At this stage, he came back to his wife Khadijah, and said, "Cover me, ... cover me." They covered him until he restored security. He apprised Khadijah of the incident of the cave and added that he was horrified. His wife tried to soothe him and reassured him saying,
Quote:
"Allâh will never disgrace you. You unite uterine relations; you bear the burden of the weak; you help the poor and the needy, you entertain the guests and endure hardships in the path of truthfulness."
After mentioning the coming of the Revelation, the Messenger of Allâh [pbuh] said:
Quote:
"I have never abhorred anyone more than a poet or a mad man. I can not stand looking at either of them. I will never tell anyone of Quraish of my Revelation. I will climb a mountain and throw myself down and die. That will relieve me. I went to do that but halfway up the mountain, I heard a voice from the sky saying ‘O Muhammad! You are the Messenger of Allâh [pbuh] and I am Gabriel.’ I looked upwards and saw Gabriel in the form of a man putting his legs on the horizon. He said: ‘O Muhammad You are the Messenger of Allâh [pbuh] and I am Gabriel.’ I stopped and looked at him. His sight distracted my attention from what I had intended to do. I stood in my place transfixed. I tried to shift my eyes away from him. He was in every direction I looked at. I stopped in my place without any movement until Khadijah sent someone to look for me. He went down to Makkah and came back while I was standing in the same place. Gabriel then left, and I went back home. I found Khadijah at home, so I sat very close to her. She asked: ‘Father of Al-Qasim! Where have you been? I sent someone to look for you. He went to Makkah and returned to me.’ I told her of what I had seen. She replied: ‘It is a propitious sign, O my husband. Pull yourself together, I swear by Allâh that you are a Messenger for this nation.’ Then she stood up and went to Waraqa and informed him. Waraqa said: ‘I swear by Allâh that he has received the same Namus, i.e. angel that was sent to Moses. He is the Prophet of this nation. Tell him to be patient.’ She came back to him and told him of Waraqa’s words. When the Messenger of Allâh [pbuh] finished his solitary stay and went down to Makkah, he went to Waraqa, who told him: ‘You are the Prophet of this nation. I swear by Allâh that you have received the same angel that was sent to Moses.’" [At-Tabari 2/207; Ibn Hisham 1/237,238]

Interruption of Revelation

Ibn Sa‘d reported on the authority of Ibn ‘Abbas that the Revelation paused for a few days.[Fath Al-Bari 1/27,12/360] After careful study, this seems to be the most possible. Meanwhile, the Prophet [pbuh], was caught in a sort of depression coupled with astonishment and perplexity. Al-Bukhari reported:

The Divine inspiration paused for a while and the Prophet [pbuh] became so sad, as we have heard, that he intended several times to throw himself from the tops of high mountains, and every time he went up the top of a mountain in order to throw himself down, Gabriel would appear before him and say: "O Muhammad! You are indeed Allâh’s Messenger in truth," whereupon his heart would become quiet and he would calm down and return home. Whenever the period of the coming of the Revelation used to become long, he would do as before, but Gabriel would appear again before him and say to him what he had said before. [Bukhari 2/340]

Once more, Gabriel brings Allâh’s Revelation

Al-Bukhari reported on the authority of Jabir bin ‘Abdullah that he had heard the Messenger of Allâh [pbuh] speak about the period of pause as follows:

"While I was walking, I heard a voice from the sky. I looked up, and surely enough, it was the same angel who had visited me in the cave of Hira’. He was sitting on a chair between the earth and the sky. I was very afraid of him and knelt on the ground. I went home saying: ‘Cover me …, Cover me …’. Allâh revealed to me the verses:
Quote:
‘O you (Muhammad [pbuh]) enveloped (in garments)! Arise and warn! And your Lord (Allâh) magnify! And your garments purify! And keep away from Ar-Rujz (the idols)!’" [Al-Qur'an 74:1-5]
After that the revelation started coming strongly, frequently and regularly. [Bukhari, The Book of Tafseer, 2/733]

Proclaiming Allâh, the All-High; and the Immediate Constituents
The first Revelation sent to the Prophet [pbuh] implied several injunctions, simple in form but highly effective and of serious far-reaching ramifications. The angel communicated to him a manifest Message saying:
Quote:
"O you (Muhammad [pbuh]) enveloped (in garments)! Arise and warn! And your Lord (Allâh) magnify! And your garments purify! And keep away from Ar-Rujz (the idols). And give not a thing in order to have more (or consider not your deeds of Allâh’s obedience as a favour to Allâh). And be patient for the sake of your Lord (i.e. perform your duty to Allâh)!" [Al-Qur'an 74:1-7]
The ultimate objective of warning is to make sure that no one breaching the pleasures of Allâh in the whole universe is ignorant of the serious consequences that his behaviour entails, and to create a sort of unprecedented shock within his mind and heart.

‘Magnifying the Lord’ dictates explicitly that the only pride allowed to nourish on the earth is exclusively Allâh’s to the exclusion of all the others’.

‘Cleansing the garments and shunning all aspects of abomination’
point directly to the indispensable need to render both the exterior and interior exceptionally chaste and pure, in addition to the prerequisite of sanctifying the soul and establishing it highly immune against the different sorts of impurities and the various kinds of pollutants. Only through this avenue can the soul of the Prophet [pbuh] reach an ideal status and become eligible to enjoy the shady mercy of Allâh and His protection, security, guidance and ever-shining light; and will consequently set the highest example to the human community.
The Prophet [pbuh] must not regard his strife in the way of Allâh as a deed of grace that entitles him to a great reward. On the contrary, he has to exert himself to the utmost, dedicate his whole efforts and be ready to offer all sacrifices in a spirit of self-forgetfulness enveloped by an ever-present awareness of Allâh, without the least sense of pride in his deeds or sacrifices.

The last verse of the Qur’ân revealed to the Prophet [pbuh] alludes to the hostile attitude of the obdurate disbelievers, who will jeer at him and his followers. In this case he has got to be patient and is supposed to persevere and display the highest degree of stamina for the sole purpose of attaining the pleasure of Allâh.
These were the basic preliminaries that the Prophet [pbuh] had to observe, very simple injunctions in appearance, greatly fascinating in their calm rhythm, but highly effective in practice.
The verses comprise the constituents of the new call and propagation of the new faith. A warning logically implies that there are malpractices with painful consequences to be sustained by the perpetrators, and since the present life is not necessarily the only room to bring people to account for their misdeeds or some of them, then the warning would necessarily imply calling people to account on another day, i.e. the Day of Resurrection. All the verses of the Noble Qur’ân call people to testify explicitly to the Oneness of Allâh, to delegate all their affairs to Allâh, the All-High, and to subordinate the desires of the self and the desires of Allâh’s servants to the attainment of His Pleasures.

The constituents of the call to Islam could, briefly speaking, go as follows:

Testimony to the Oneness of Allâh.

Belief in the Hereafter.

Sanctifying one’s soul
and elevating it high above evils and abominations that conduce to terrible consequences, besides this, there is the dire need for virtues and perfect manners coupled with habituating oneself to righteous deeds.

Committing one’s all affairs to Allâh, the All-High.

The verses meant to extract him forcibly out of his sleep, divest him of his mantle and detach him from the warmth and quiet of life, and then drive him down a new course attended with countless hardships, and requiring a great deal of strife in the way of Allâh:
Quote:
"O you (Muhammad [pbuh]) enveloped (in garments)! Arise and warn." [Al-Qur'an 74:1-2]
Suggesting that to live to oneself is quite easy, but it has been decided that you have to shoulder this heavy burden; consequently sleep, comfort, or warm bed are items decreed to be alien in your lexicon of life.
The Prophet [pbuh] managed quite successfully to rise to his feet and measure up to the new task, he went ahead in a spirit of complete selflessness, relentlessly striving and never abating in carrying the burden of the great Trust, the burden of enlightening mankind, and the heavy weight of the new faith and strife for over twenty years, nothing distracting his attention from the awesome commission.
May Allâh reward him, for us and all humanity, the best ending. [Fi Zilal Al-Qur'an 29/168-171,182]

a_brother

Make dua for us all
Question: Could you describe the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) for me? Could you possible provide me with the full descripion that was given by Umm Ma`bad, the lady who saw him and descriped him in detail?

Answered by Sheikh `Aqîl b. Muhammad b. Zayd al-Maqtarî

The most complete description of the Prophet (peace be upon him) is the one that was given by Umm Ma`bad, as related to us in the hadîth of Hubaysh b. Khâlid.

When the Prophet (peace be upon him) emigrated from Mecca to Madînah, he passed by the tent of Umm Ma`bad. She witnessed some of his miracles, then swore fealty to him in Islam before he departed.

When her husband came back, he was surprised to find with her a quantity of milk.

He asked her: “Where you have got this from, O Umm Ma`bad, while our sheep is alone and untouched and we have no milk cow in our home?”

She said: “Nay, but by Allah, a blessed man passed by our way and did so and so.”

He said: “Describe him to me, O Umm Ma`bad.”

She said: “I saw a man who is handsome, of glowing countenance, and of good proportions, with neither a large stomach nor a small head. He is smart of appearance, with balanced features, deep black eyes, and long eyelashes. His voice is not coarse. He has a long neck, a full rounded beard, and thick eyebrows that meet each other. When he is silent, he is stately and composed, and when he speaks, his appearance is impressive.

“He is the most beautiful and striking man from a distance and the best and most beautiful from close up. He is well spoken, clear in what he says, saying neither too much nor too little, his words flowing forth like a perfect string of pearls.

“He is neither too tall nor overly short, a stately man in the company of two other stately men, and he is the most prominent among them and the most well-respected.

“He has companions who surround him. If he speaks, they listen to him, and if he commands, they hasten to fulfill his command. He is well served and attended, though he is neither stern nor argumentative.”

This hadîth is related by al-Hâkim in al-Mustadrak (3/9-10), al-Tabarânî in al-Mu`jam al-Kabîr (3605), Abû Nu`aym in Dalâ’il al-Nubuwwah (282-278), and al-Lâlikâ’î in I`tiqâd Ahl al-Sunnah (1434-1437).

There are other narrations that support this hadîth, like the one narrated by Jâbir which is related by al-Bazzâr (Kashf al-Astâr: 1742) and the hadîth of Abû Ma`bad al-Khuzâ`î, related by al-Bayhaqî as mentioned by Ibn Khathîr in al-Sîrah (2/258 and 262) and Ibn Sa`d in al-Tabaqât (1/230-233).

There is one more supporting narration mentioned by al-Bayhaqî in his Dalâ’il al-Nubuwwah (2/491).

By taking into consideration all of its chains of transmission, this hadîth can be graded as being a good hadîth.

http://www.islamtoday.com/show_detail_section.cfm?q_id=878&main_cat_id=2

a_brother

Make dua for us all

Chapter 8-Phases and Stages of the Call
(Important Points)

Phases and Stages of the Call[phase 1]
The Muhammadan Call could be divided into two phases distinctively demarcated:

The Makkan phase: nearly thirteen years.
The Madinese phase: fully ten years.
The Makkan phase can be divided into three stages:

The stage of the secret Call
: three years.
The stage of the proclamation of the Call in Makkah
: from the beginning of the fourth year of Prophethood to almost the end of the tenth year.
The stage of the call to Islam and propagating it beyond Makkah
: it lasted from the end of tenth year of the Prophethood until Muhammad’s [pbuh] emigration to Madinah.
The Madinese phase will be considered later in its due course.

The First Stage : Strife in the Way of the Call

Three Years of Secret Call

It is well-known that Makkah was the centre for the Arabs, and housed the custodians of Al-Ka‘bah. Hence the difficulty of hitting the target of reform and rectitude in a place considered the den of idolatry. Working in such an atmosphere no doubt requires unshakable will and determination, that is why the call unto Islam assumed a clandestine form so that the Makkans should not be enraged by the unexpected surprise.

The Early Converts

The Prophet [pbuh] naturally initiated his sacred mission right from home and then moved to the people closely associated with him. In fact, a host of people who nursed not the least seed of doubt as regards the Prophet [pbuh], immediately responded and quite readily embraced the true faith. They are known in the Islamic literature as the early converts.

Khadijah, the Prophet’s spouse, the mother of believers, was the first to enter the fold of Islam followed by his freed slave Zaid bin Harithah, his cousin, ‘Ali bin Abi Talib, who had been living with him since his early childhood, and next came his intimate friend Abu Bakr As-Siddiq (Abu Bakr the truth verifier). All of those professed Islam on the very first day of the call. [Rahmat-ul-lil'alameen 1/50]
Abu Bakr, and from the first day he embraced Islam, proved to be an energetic and most zealous activist. He was wealthy, obliging, mild and upright. He invited whomever he had confidence in to Islam and through his personal efforts a good number of people converted to Islam, such as
‘Uthman bin ‘Affan Al-Umawi,
Az-Zubair bin ‘Awwam Al-Asadi,
‘Abdur Rahman bin ‘Awf,
Sa‘d bin Abi Waqqas,
Az-Zuhri and
Talhah bin ‘Ubaidullah At-Tamimy.

Those eight men constituted the forerunners and more specifically the vanguard of the new faith in Arabia. Among the early Muslim were Bilal bin Rabah (the Abyssinian), Abu ‘Ubaidah bin Al-Jarrah from Bani Harith bin Fahr (the most trustworthy of the Muslim Nation), Abu Salamah bin ‘Abd Al-Asad Al-Arqam bin Abi Al-Arqam , from the tribe of Makhzum, ‘Uthman bin Maz‘oun and his two brothers Qudama and ‘Abdullah, ‘Ubaidah bin Al-Harith bin Al-Muttalib bin ‘Abd Munaf, Sa‘id bin Zaid Al-‘Adawi and his wife Fatimah - daughter of Al-Khattab (the sister of ‘Umar bin Al-Khattab), Khabbab bin Al-Aratt, ‘Abdullâh bin Mas‘ud Al-Hadhali and many others. These were the Muslim predecessors. They belonged to various septs of Quraish. Ibn Hisham, a biographer, counted them to be more than forty. [Ibn Hisham 1/245-262]

The Prophet [pbuh] used to meet and teach, the new converts, the religion in privacy because the call to Islam was still running on an individual and secret basis. Revelation accelerated and continued after the first verses of
Quote:
"O you wrapped in garments."
The verses and pieces of Sûrah (chapters) revealed at this time were short ones with wonderful strong pauses and quite fascinating rhythms in full harmony with that delicate whispering setting. The early verses used as well to give a highly accurate account of the Hell and the Garden (Paradise), leading the believers down a new course diametrically opposed to the ill practices rampant amongst their compatriots.

As-Salât (the Prayer)

Muqatil bin Sulaiman said: Salât (prayer) was established as an obligatory ritual at an early stage of the Islamic Call, a two rak‘ ah (unit of prayer) Salât in the morning and the same in the evening:
Quote:
"And glorify the praises of your Lord in the ‘Ashi (i.e. the time period after the mid-noon till sunset) and in the Ibkar (i.e. the time period from early morning or sunrise till before mid-noon)." [Al-Qur'an 40:55]
Ibn Hisham reported that when it was time for prayers, the Messenger of Allâh [pbuh] and his Companions went into a mountain valley to pray secretly. Abu Talib once saw the Messenger of Allâh [pbuh] and Ali praying, he asked them what they were up to. When he got to know that it was obligatory prayer, he told them to stay constant in their practice. [Ibn Hisham 1/247]

The Qurai*!*!*!*!es learn about the Call

In the beginning, the Makkan leaders did not care much about Muhammad [pbuh]and took no heed of his teachings. At first, they thought that Muhammad [pbuh] was merely a religious philosophist like Omaiyah bin Abi As-Salt, Quss bin Sa‘idah, ‘Amr bin Nufail and their ilk who used to philosophize on godship and religious obligations. But this attitude of indifference soon changed into real apprehension. The polytheists of Quraish began to watch Muhammad’s movements closely and anxiously for fear of spreading his Call and producing a change in the prevalent mentality. [Fiqh As-Seerah p.76]
For three underground years of activism, a group of believers emerged stamped by a spirit of fraternity and cooperation with one definite objective in their mind: propagating and deeply establishing the call unto Islam. For full three years Muhammad [pbuh] had been content to teach within a rather narrow circle. The time had, however, come to preach the faith of the Lord openly. The angel Gabriel had brought him down a further Revelation of Allâh’s Will to confront his people, invalidate their falsehood and crush down their idolatrous practices.

a_brother

Make dua for us all
Humour
In spite of his office of Prophethood, Muhammad was a very gay and pleasant person With all the severity and seriousness of his function, his company was neither boring nor dull and uninteresting, like that of ordinary religious leaders, but was full of pleasant and delightful humour. He often joked with his companions and laughed with them. Abdullah ibn Al-Harith bin Jaz said that he had seen no one more pleasant and smiling than Muhammad. It is reported by Abu Hurairah that Muhammad used to mix with them on familiar terms, even to the extent of enjoying light jokes with them. Some companions asked him, "God's Messenger ! Do you make jokes with us?" He replied, "I speak nothing but the Truth." (Tirmizi) Anas reported that once a man asked Muhammad for an animal to ride. He replied that he would give him the baby of a she-camel to ride on. The man asked what would he do with a she-camel baby. Muhammad replied, "Is there any camel which is not born of a she-camel?" He also reported that once the Prophet addressed him as, "O you with two ears," (meaning very obedient). (Tirmizi and Abu Daud). Anas also reported that the Prophet often joked and laughed with them. Once he asked his younger brother, who was grieved at the death of his little bird', "Abu Umair, what has happened to your little sparrow (nughair)" He also said that an old woman came to see the Prophet and asked him to pray for her that she might go to Paradise. He replied, "No old woman will enter Paradise!" She was very grieved end began crying. Muhammad told his companions to tell her that the old woman would go to Paradise but as a young girl. Auf ibn Malik al-Ashjai reported that he went to God's Messenger at the expedition of Tabuk, when he was sitting in a small tent, and gave a salutation. He resumed it, saying, "Come in." I replied, "The whole of me, God's Messenger?" He replied, "The whole of you," so I went in.

Once Ali was sleeping on the ground and was covered with dust. Muhammad happened to pass that way and said to Ali, "up Abu Turab (father of dust)." After that, this became his nickname. Once Abu Hurairah was playing with a cat when Muhammad came along and said, "Abu Hurairah (father of cats)." This nickname was so dear to him that it became his real name, so that very few people know his own name. Ibn Umar was asked whether the Prophet's companions laughed and joked. He replied that they did, though faith weighed heavier than a mountain in their hearts. Bilal ibn Sa'd said that he had seen them running between the baths and laughing to one another but when night came, they would be like monks. Jarir ibn Somura said that the Prophet always welcomed him from the time he became a Muslim and that he never saw him without a smile.

Anas said that a man from the desert called Zahir ibn Haroun used to bring presents to the Prophet from the desert and God's Messenger would prepare for him what he needed when he intended to depart. The Prophet used to say that Zahir was his desert man and he was his townsman. The Prophet liked him though he was an ugly man. One day the Prophet went to him when he was selling his goods and embraced him from behind. He could not see who it was, so he said, "Let me go, who is this?" But when he turned round and saw the Prophet, he kept his back close against the Prophet's chest. Then the Prophet begun to say, "Who will buy a slave?" He said, "O God's Messenger! By God, you will find me to be worthless goods." The Prophet replied, "But in God's Sight, you are not worthless goods."

:ma:

http://www.pbuh.us/prophetMuhammad.php?f=Ch_Humour

a_brother

Make dua for us all

Love Of God

The holy Prophet was the Messenger of God, the chosen and the exalted, whose all sins, foregoing and coming, had been forgiven by the Lord, yet he was the most painstaking, eager and earnest in paying homage to God.

Al-Mughira b. Sh'uba reported that the Prophet once got up at night and stood praying for such a long time that his feet became swollen. On being asked why he did this when all of his former and later sins had been forgiven, he replied, "What ! shI not be a grateful servant (of God) ?" 'Aisha relates that the Apostle of God once kept awake throughout the night till morning reciting only one verse. Reporting the same event Abu Dharr says that the Prophet kept praying throughout the night reciting one verse until the dawn appeared. The verse he recited was: "If Thou punish them, lo ! they are Thy slaves, and if Thou forgive them, lo ! Thou, only Thou art the Mighty, the Wise."

'Aisha says, "The Apostle of God took to fast to such an extent that we thought he would never give it up, and when he would go without fasting we thought that perhaps he would never fast again." Anas reports that whoever wanted to see the Prophet praying at night could do so and similarly one could see him sleeping. 'Abdullah b. ash-Shikhkhir says that once he went to see the Prophet. He was then offering prayers and sobbing the sound emitting from his chest was like that of a boiling pot.

The Apostle was never at ease except when he performed the prayers.
It seemed that even after saying his prayers, he eagerly looked forward to the time when he would again be paying homage to God. The Apostle often remarked: "The comfort of my eyes lies in prayers." The companions of the Prophet relate that whenever he had any trouble he used to prostrate in supplication to God. "Whenever the wind blew at night", says Abu Darda', "the Apostle of God took shelter in the mosque until it became calm. And whenever there was a solar or lunar eclipse, the Prophet got up in trepidation seeking refuge from God until it was over and the sky was clear." The Apostle always seemed solicitous to commune with God; uneasy and restless until he had again fellen prone before the Lord. Oftentimes he sent for Bilal and said, "Bilal, make arrangements for holding prayers and put me at. ease."

a_brother

Make dua for us all
Indifference To The World

Indifference To The World​

Not the best words in their best order in any language can adequately depict the way God's Messenger looked at dirham and dinar, wealth and property and the world and all that it stands for. Indeed, even the disciples who had served their time at the feet of the Apostle's companions or the disciples of such disciples never regarded fortunes and treasures fit enough for the dusthole. Their pure and pious lives, their indifference to wealth and worldly possessions, the way they showered bounty on one and all and preferred others over their own selves, their contentedness with the barest minimum and their heroic selflessness and self-denial take one's breath away. One can only picture to oneself the nobleness of heart and openhanded generosity as well as self-abnegation and unearthly disposition of the great teacher who had enlarged the minds of all the later godly souls.

We shall, therefore, cite here only a few of those authentic reports which have been handed down by the most trust-worthy narrators since the Prophet's own words and actions can best illustrate his outlook and sentiments in this regard. Two of the well known sayings of the Apostle of God which sum up his attitude towards worldly life are: "O God, life is truly the life of the hereafter", and "What have I to do with the world ! My only business with it is like that of a rider who, shades himself under a tree, then goes off and leaves it."

'Umar once saw the Apostle lying on a reed mat which had left its marks on his body. 'Umar gave way to tears at the frugal living and privation of his mentor. The Prophet asked, "What's the matter, 'Umar? " He replied, "O Messenger of God, of all the creatures of God, you are the most venerated, but it is the Caesar and the Chosroes who are rolling in the lap of luxury." 'Umar's reply made the Apostle's blood boil in anger and his face became red. He said, " 'Umar, have you any doubt about it?" Then he added, "These are the men who have been given all the pleasures of life in advance here in this world."

The life of ease was rejected by God's Messenger not only for his own self but also for his dependents as well. He was heard praying, "O God, make the provision of Muhammad's family sufficient only to sustain life." Abu Huraira says, "By Him in whose hands is Abu Huraira's life, the Apostle of God and his family never had the wheat bread continuously for three days until he departed from this world.'' 'Aisha relates, "We, the members of the Prophet's household caught sight of one moon and then the next, but no fire was lighted in our hearth. We had to live only on dates and water. ,, The Prophet's coat of mail had been pawned with a Jew but he had not enough money to get it back from him. The Messenger of God departed from the world when the coat of mail was still with the Jew.

The Prophet proceeded to perform the Farewell Pilgrimage followed by a huge crowd which obscured the horizon-at a time when the entire Arabian Peninsula had acknowledged his spiritual and temporal supremacy. Yet, the saddle of his dromedary was outworn covered l', a sheet which was worth not more than four dirhams. Thc prayer he then sent up to God was, "O Allah, make it a haj devoid of all pretensions and show." Abu Dharr reports the Apostle telling him on an occasion, "I would hate to possess as much gold as Mount Uhad and then to allow three days to pass with a single dinar remaining with me except that which I may hold back for the cause of religion; rather, I would give it away to God's servants this way and that, on my right and left and in the hack."

Jabir b. 'Abdullah says that it never happened that the God's Messenger was requested to give anything and he said 'No' in reply. Ibn 'Abbas testifies that in generosity and bountifulness the Apostle of God was swifter than the wings of the wind. '' Anas says that once when a man asked the Apostle to give him something he gave him a flock of sheep enough to fill the space between two hillocks. The man returned to his people and said to them, "O ye people, embrace Islam. Muhammad peace be upon him gives so open-handedly as if he fears not poverty. " Another time, ninety thousand dirhams were presented to the Prophet. He asked to heap them up on a mat and then started giving it away. Nobody who asked for it was denied until the entire heap of money disappeared.

a_brother

Make dua for us all
Natural Disposition

Natural Disposition
The holy Prophet had an excessive zeal for devotions to God, his uninterrupted communion with the Lord took the shape of extensive orisons and vigils, supplications and lamentations and his indifference to the world surpassed the abstinence of hermits and ascetics but he was never wanting in sympathy and compassion, courteous and mannerly behaviour to one and all; nor was he ever lacking in restoring justice to one whom it was denied or in bidding welcome to everyone according to his status and position. According to the wont of human nature, these were perhaps the strongest unidentical traits blended together in the character of the Prophet. Once he said to Anas, "If you had known what I know, you would have laughed ever so little and wept a great deal. "

The Apostle came of the noblest stock, yet he was very modest, exceedingly large hearted and most sweet tempered; he never kept aloof from his companions; cherished a kind and tender disposition towards the children and often took them in his lap; accepted the invitation to take meals with the slaves and maidservants, the poor and the indigent; visited the sick even if he had to go to the farthest corner of the city and always accepted the excuses offered for misdeeds. He was never seen stretching his legs whilest sitting with his companions lest anyone of them should feel inconvenience. 'Abdullah b. al-Harith reports that he had not seen anyone smiling so ofter1 and with a more cheerful disposition than the Apostle of God. Jabir b. Samurah says that he had joined the sittings of the Apostle and his companions more than a hundred times. He saw the companions listening and reciting poems, describing some incident of the pagan past while the Apostle of God either sat silently or smiled with them at some amusing remark. Sharid states that the Prophet asked him to recite the verses of Umayya b. Abi as-Salt and he recited them.

The Apostwas extremely kindhearted and affectionate the finest human sentiments and virtues were discernible in-his character. Anas b. Malik heard God's Apostle saying to Fatima, "Bring my two sons." In a moment they came running and the Prophet kissed and embraced them. Another time the Prophet summoned his grandson, Hasan b. 'A1i. He came running and falling in the Prophet's lap, passed his fingers through his beard. The Prophet opened his mouth while Hasan's saliva fell in his mouth. Fatima tells that when the Prophet's freedman Zayd b. Haritha came to Medina, the Prophet was in his house. Zayd knocked at the door. The Prophet immediately got up to greet him although he was not properly dressed. His mantle hanging loosely on his shoulders, he went out to receive Zayd, shook hands with him and kissed him.

Usama b. Zayd reports that one of the Prophet's daughters sent him a message telling him that a son of hers was at the ebb of life, asking him to come to her. The Prophet sent her greetings, saying at the same time, "What God has taken away belongs to Him and what He has given belongs to Him, and He has appointed a time for everyone; so she ought to show endurance and seek her reward from God." She then sent for him adjuring to come to her, and he got up to go accompanied by us. The boy who was at the last gasp was brought to the Prophet who took him in his lap, his eyes overflowing with tears. S'ad asked, "What is this, O Messenger of God ?" He replied, "This is compassion which God deposits in the hearts of His servants whom He will. Verily, God shows compassion to those who are compassionate."

When the prisoners taken in the battle of Badr including 'Abbas were tied, the Apostle could not sleep because of the groaning of 'Abbas. The Ansar, on coming to know the Prophet's uneasiness, untied him. The Prophet was pleased with the Ansar but when it was suggested to him that 'Abbas should be set free on payment of an indemnity, he refused the request since he did not like to discriminate between 'Abbas and other prisoners.

A Bedouin came to the Apostle and said, "You kiss your children but we do not." The Apostle replied, "What can I do if God has withdrawn compassion from your hearts." The Prophet was extremely kind to the children and was always considerate and benevolent to them. Anas says that God's Messenger passed by some children who were playing. The Prophet greeted them. He also reports that the Prophet used to mingle with us and ask my younger brother, "Abu 'Umayr, What has happened to your bird ?"

Being too solicitous and well disposed to the Muslims, the Messenger of God was very tolerant and overlooked their occasional weariness and boredom. 'Abdullah b. Mas'ud says that the Prophet used to interpace his exhortations and counsels to the people lest they should not get tired with them. Although prayer was most pleasing to him, he always used to cut it short if the cry of any child reached his ears. He said once, "When I stand up for prayers I intend to make it long, but when I hear any child crying I shorten it for fear that his mother might he distressed.''

Abu Mas'ud narrates that someone said to the Prophet, "O Messenger of God, I swear by Allah that I keep away from the morning prayer on account of so and so who makes it too long." Ibn Mas'ud further says that he never saw the Apostle more angry than he saw him while giving an exhortion after that incident. He said, "There are some among you who scare the people away; so whoever of you leads a prayer, he ought to be brief, for there are the weak and the aged and those who have a business to attend."

It is also related that Anjasha was a singer of camel-songs who had a beautiful voice and used to lead the dromedaries of women. Anjasha's melodious singing made the camels go quickly which disturbed the women. Hence the Prophet said to him, "Gently, Anjasha, do not break the glass vassels."

God had made the Apostle's heart as clear as a crystal, bearing no ill-will against anybody. Once he said to his companions, "None of you should denounce another before me, for I like to come out to you without any ill feeling."

God's Messenger was benign and gracious to all the Muslims like their father. He treated everyone of them like his family members as if they were his own charge. Or, the affection he had for them was like that of a mother for her child, for he had never had an eye to their wealth and property or their prosperity but he always deemed it his duty to lighten their burdens and to clear their debts. He used to say, "Whoever leaves some property as a legacy, it belongs to his heirs, but his unpaid debts are my responsibility."

There is yet another report citing the Apostle: "No Muslim has a patron closer unto him than I; or, if you wish, recite the verse : 'The Prophet is closer to the believers than their selves ;' for the property left by anyone goes to his nearest kins whoever they may be; but if one dies leaving a debt, he (the creditor) should come to me since I am the patron of the deceased and responsible to discharge his debts."

:ma::ma::ma::ma::ma::ma::ma::ma:

a_brother

Make dua for us all

The Prophet In His House​

The Apostle of God occupied himself at his home like a common man. As 'Aisha relates, he used to clean his clothes, milch the sheep and himself do his odd jobs. She also says that he would mend his clothes, repair his shoes and do similar other works. When asked how the Prophet occupied himself at home, she replied, "He used to keep himself busy in household chores and went out when the time for prayer came."

In another report related on her authority, she is reported to have said, "The Prophet of God used to repair his shoes, mend his clothes and occupied himself at home even as any of you occupy yourself." 'Aisha relates, "God's Messenger was very softhearted, the kindliest of all. He laughed often and smiled much." Anas says that he had not seen a man who was more clement and nice to his household members than the Apostle of God." It is related on the authority of 'Aisha that the Prophet said, "The best of you is one who is most nice to his wife and children and I am the nicest among you." Abu Huraira said that the Prophet never expressed disapproval of any food, if he desired he ate it, and if he disliked he left it alone."

a_brother

Make dua for us all
Selflessness

Selflessness​

It was a settled principle with the Prophet that he always kept to the fore his own kith and kin and those who were nearer to him in facing a risk or hazard but allotted them the last place in distributing favours and rewards and spoils of war. When the three well-known swordsmen of Quraysh, 'Utba b. Rabia, Shayba b. Rabi'a and Walid b. 'Utba, challenged the Muslims to a single combat at Badr, the Prophet sent forward Hamza, 'All and 'Ubayda although he knew about the velour of enemy combatants and also had a number of veterans among the Muhajirin and the Ansar who could have successfully tilted with the Quray*!*!*!*!e battlers. All the three, Hamza, 'Ali and 'Ubayda, belonged to the Prophet's own clan, Banu Hashim, and were his nearest relatives. They were also held dear by him but the Apostle disliked to imperil others for the sake of keeping his kindreds out of danger. God helped the three to emerge successful in the combat; Hamza and 'Ali came back safe and triumphant while 'Ubayda was brought back mortally wounded. Again, when the Prophet disallowed usury and abolished blood vengeance belonging to the pre-Islamic period on the occasion of Farewell Pilgrimage he declared, "The usury of the pre-Islamic period is abolished, and the first of our usury I abolish is that of 'Abbas b. 'Abdul Muttalib. Claims of blood vengeance belonging- to the pagan past have been abolished and the first of those murdered among us whose blood vengeance I remit is that of the son of Rabia b. al Harith. "

Allahu_Hassbi

:salam2:
Beautiful post mashallah
have saved it ....will read it later Inshallah..
May Allah Azza wajal reward you for shating it with us.

:wasalam: