Hallo everyone!

AmericanTeenager

Alrighti, so I had an account here before, but I forgot all the details for it and I recently deleted the email account I had used for it as well, so I figured I'd just start over :lol:

Anyway, I guess I could start off with some bits and pieces of myself, first, as my username would suggest, I'm an American teen with an intense curiosity on all things spiritual after having grown up largely Christian and only very recently having been exposed to other religions and cultures. I'm not entirely sure what led me to start looking into Islam in particular, because from a certain, highly objective point of view, and I mean absolutely no offense here to anyone, the vast majority of religions in this world are, at some basic and fundamental level the same belief, with only relatively slight variations.

But that's a discussion for elsewhere, not my introduction thread :)

Continuing on, last year, when I was working as a grocery store clerk, I purchased both a copy of the Qu'ran and a computer software to learn Arabic. I eventually grew inconsistent with the computer program, though I have continued to read the Qu'ran on and off over the past year or so.

Beyond all that, I am a writer, a runner, and above all a musician, and I think that about covers the basics of me, anything else you'll just have to ask me :lol: :)

GAZIJA

Staff member
Assalamu Aleikum( Peace be upon you) and welcome:SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206:
Hope that u will benefit from this site, Allahs willing

AmericanTeenager

Thanks all for the wonderfully warm welcome, I believe it's this sort of hospitality that has ingratiated me towards Islam. I look forward to continuing my pursuit of the truth, and God willing, perhaps it will lead me to becoming Muslim. What will be, will be, yes?

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Hello

Do not hesitate to ask any questions , even those questions you think might hurt our feelings. :shake:

mymohsin

Pls mak Duwa 4 me
Salamalaykum,

It was nic eto know about u. Welcome to TTI as u mention ur reading Quran masha Allah May Allah help u in understanding it properly. Ameen Meanwhile if u have any doubts or Questions about Islam pls feel free to ask them insha Allah we will try our best to answer them in the light of Quran and Sunnah (Life of Prophet Mohammed (peace and blessing be upon him)). Hope u enjoy ur time and learning.

May God guide us to the stright path and protect us from Hell fire. Ameen.

islamservant

Egyptian sister
Alrighti, so I had an account here before, but I forgot all the details for it and I recently deleted the email account I had used for it as well, so I figured I'd just start over :lol:

Anyway, I guess I could start off with some bits and pieces of myself, first, as my username would suggest, I'm an American teen with an intense curiosity on all things spiritual after having grown up largely Christian and only very recently having been exposed to other religions and cultures. I'm not entirely sure what led me to start looking into Islam in particular, because from a certain, highly objective point of view, and I mean absolutely no offense here to anyone, the vast majority of religions in this world are, at some basic and fundamental level the same belief, with only relatively slight variations.

But that's a discussion for elsewhere, not my introduction thread :)

Continuing on, last year, when I was working as a grocery store clerk, I purchased both a copy of the Qu'ran and a computer software to learn Arabic. I eventually grew inconsistent with the computer program, though I have continued to read the Qu'ran on and off over the past year or so.

Beyond all that, I am a writer, a runner, and above all a musician, and I think that about covers the basics of me, anything else you'll just have to ask me :lol: :)

welcome here dear friend

mashaallah u r reading the qur'an:muslim_child:

it is very good

i feel from ur words u admire islam , so why did not u become a muslim ?

do u have qusestions and or misconceptions about islam ?

honey

feel free to ask about what is in ur head :hearts:

it is ur home here :shake:

so go on

may allah guide u to the straight path

Zainudin Jaffar

Strive to be Mukmin
Thanks all for the wonderfully warm welcome, I believe it's this sort of hospitality that has ingratiated me towards Islam. I look forward to continuing my pursuit of the truth, and God willing, perhaps it will lead me to becoming Muslim. What will be, will be, yes?

Who are you trying to fool here? Us, I don't think so!

Your heart is open for Islam and you are invited to say the Shahadah.

Just do it! May Allah guide you inshallah......

AmericanTeenager

Haha, you are all absolutely right, but my major concerns are several:

First, my parents are both very conservative as far as religion goes, and both are highly prejudiced against muslims, though I believe I've managed to soften my dad up a bit. I may not always agree with them, but they're still my parents, and I want to please them in any way I can.

Second, as far as I know, it is forbidden (haram?) to shave your beard in Islam if you have one. But I am involved in the Civil Air Patrol, which is the civilian auxilary of the United States Air Force, and I plan on joining the USAF proper once I finish college. In both of these organizations, it is mandatory that you be completely clean-shaven, with the only exception being well-trimmed mustaches. Some help here as well please?

Lastly, and as far as I know this could be either the most or least significant of my concerns, but my town has an extremely low muslim population, and as far as I know, there is no mosque within forty miles of my home, but there is a Muslim Association that I plan on contacting later...today actually for information on that.

Anyway, those are my major concerns. I am probably one of the few American teens growing up in the "Bible Belt" of America that truly respects Islam and understands that the terrorists have severely twisted it to fit their own beliefs. Of course I have other, smaller concerns, but I'd like those big ones cleared up before I go any further :D

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Assalamualaikum

:bismillah1:

Welcome to the ever growing Islamic community. I hope everything of the best for you. May you always find peace and happiness in everything that you do.

For the time being, I am unable to reply to your 'concerns', although I am willing to do in the very near future, God Willing. But I am sure our sisters and brothers that are currently logged on can help you in one way or another.

In this reply, however, I just wanted you to know that I am wholeheartedly willing to help you in anything that you need. And that I appreciate the fact that you respect and understand Islam better than others your age. You are gifted in this sense. :)

For now, I will leave you in the protection of Allah the Almighty Creator of the heavens and the Earth.

Best Regards,

Mesbah.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Welcome son. My son will be going to his first meeting with the civil air patrol. He wants to fly rescue helicopters after he completes his education. (he's 13..got a ways to go.)

Honey, I live in West Virginia and our Muslim population is growing. This is supposed to make you laugh. This is the one place where I have lived where we have more churches than liquor stores. I am the Bible Belt. I live within 200 miles of the home of Jerry Fallwell. We are God's Country.

I think you sound like a fine young man. And you must credit your parents for raising an independent thinker. Our brothers and sisters will help you as well as I will. Learn about why you love this faith first. We are your large family rooting for you.