Hello

*Ameer*

Just Clearing up 1 or 2 misconceptions

Hello Child of God

All praise is due to God (or as we say in Arabic "Al-hamdolillah") We are thankful you are keen to learn more about Islam. As muslims we wish more non-muslims like yourselves showed an interest so we could clear up the many misconceptions of this great faith that are being spoon-fed by todays mass media and effectively is being used as a form of mind control (i thinkso anyway) to show the people the negativity.

I'm not sure if you have ever watched one of Yusuf Estes' talks on how he came to being a muslim but he says the biggest misconception he had before embracing Islam was that "we as muslims dont even believe in God, that we worship a black box in the desert and we kiss the ground 5 times a day", lol.

The point I would like to clear up is that NO muslim can call himself a muslim if he or she does not believe in the Torah (or Taurat/Old Testament) the Injeel (original Bible sent for for the Jewish Tribe) AND in Jesus Christ (peace be upon him)(Son of the Virgin Mary). If any so called muslim tells you otherwise then they have very little or no knowledge of Islam. The Torah AND the Injeel were the revelations of God sent for his prophets and for their people for that particular period in history. Therefore we believe Moses and Jesus (peace be upon them) were prophets and that Jesus Christ (peace be upon him) was crucificted NOT crucified as he was raised up by God to return to earth again one day for the people before Doomsday. When this will occur only God knows. God states in the Qur'an that "every soul will taste death ONCE and then you will be returned to us" which is one of many proofs we believe he was not left on the cross but it was made to appear that way by a replacement. But the final prophet from the time of Adam would be Muhammed (peace be upon them) who would not be sent for just his community but for the whole of mankind.

God states to kill one human being is as though you have killed the whole of humanity and to save one human being is as though you have saved the whole of humanity. After all we are brothers and sisters in humanity AND there is only ONE human race. Secularism is a man made thing which has dispersed all over the earth as people have moved to all regions of the world over the million or so years man has been on the earth. I hope this has helped, my intention was to merely close the gap on similarities between the 2 great faiths but I hope I have not offended you or anyone, if so i do apologise as that was not my intention. To my brothers and sisters, if I have made a mistake please do not hesitate to correct me and i apologise as I am still learning myself.

Yes there are many muslims that have forgotten the Qur'an and Hadith (sayings of our prophet -pbuh) and they now carry out acts they think God would be pleased with them, these are the minority of black sheep within our family as every community has one. Unfortunately the media has picked up on these black sheep whether it be a hundred of them or a thousand so the west (including many muslims in the west themselves) believe this represents the majority but do not forget there are over 1 billion muslims worldwide who strive to carry out their way of life and practice their religion in peace.

To conclude it is evident that the difference between Christianity and Islam is no greater than the length of a piece of string in the palm of my hand. In fact because of the extreme similarites and the followings of the Injeel (Original Bible) many muslims consider themselves to be more Christian than the Christians themselves especially as we are all worshipping the same one True God, the Creator of the universe.

Once again Child of God thank you for your interest.

acedoc

Muslim sensitivities

Hello friend

Please understand muslims here are telling you, in their own politeway, that we consider God (Allah) far above the need of a progeny.Thus your screen name (id or handle as it is alos known as) very ffensive. Please do not take this as personal criticism. We as muslims do appreciate your words of support but your screen name here does challenge our sensitivities, indeed. Allah is simply the word GOD in Arabic. Even the Arab Christians call God Allah.

We are God (Allah's) servants indeed...but using the word "children" for God's creation has been ans will continue to be a cause of great confusion among humans.

The Quran says, " Say! Allah is One. Allah is above all needs (instead He fulfills everyone else needs). Neither did HE father anyone nor was He fathered".

I certainly hope this clarifies any confusion. Thank You for your understanding. and yes, WELCOME to this muslim forum. Please feel free to ask any questions that may open your heart and mind towards what is common amongst us.

cordially,

acedoc

newusman

Muslim
Surah 5. Al-Ma'idah
18. And (both) the Jews and the Christians say: "We are the children of Allah and His loved ones." Say:"Why then does He punish you for you sins?" Nay, you are but human beings of those He created, He forgives whom He wills and He punishes whom He wills. And to Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and all that is between them;and to Him is the return (of all).

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Hello and welcome to this site. I am sorry to see that you confronted undesirable situation with your arrival. It was mainly caused by the name you chose for this site. It could be for any reason, no one knows about your intentions to do so. It could be out extreme love you have for your faith, which is entirely understable, or it could even be to check the reaction of muslims here.
If it is due to the first reason, then you have the right to defend what you believe in and expalin it to others who can not understand you as this is the place for debate and logic.
If it is for the last reason, then I wonder what can be gained from it.
I do hope your intention is to learn more and find out about the truth that leads us all to the true god who is merciful and who doesn't need anyone or anything, who is not like anything, who is eternal and who has created time and space and everything in it.
You are most welcome and by the way, you will meet alot of knowledgeable people here who will be more than happy to have an open discussion with in a logical way.
Best Regards

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
Alsalam Alakum

First i would like to welcome you to the website, its really good to know that you want to learn about Islam.
And concerning the war in Iraq i despise it, I disagree with the whole idea.
As an Arab-American Muslim i feel that there wasnt a logical reason to enter Iraq besides what Bush claims that they are there for "WMD."

Anyway welcome and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.
Thank You,