male head covering?????

__Enslaved___

selaamu 'aleykum

any of you brothers here wear a muslim skull cap or any other form of headcovering?

As a covert to islam (elhamdulillah) I've been thinking of wearing one. Just as women have the hijaab I think it's also important for men to dress modestly as well.

I've been thinking..... and isn't it kind of dumb that women are forced to wear a so-called "islamic dress code" yet the majority of men don't follow it themselves?
Shouldn't both men AND women be forced to wear the islamic dress code?

opinions please

Yusuf1990

al-Inglezi
Wa'alaikum Salaam brother,

I am also a revert alhamdulillah. There isn't anything that says men should 'always' cover their head although it is approved to cover you're head and especially in prayer as this was the practise of the Prophet (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and his Companions (may Allah be pleased with them).
But it is important to dress modestly, so don't wear anything tight or see through and try not to show too much unnecessary skin.

Salaam

salamconverts

salam alejcom

salam brothers about the dress islam talk to heart nd mind this the 1st after that when u inderstand good a rule u can aplicate it dress is necessary but what is most necessary this to now chahada nd to aplicate it to pry nd to pry good nd yu try to do priyer in time nd be in fajr step by step u ll be easy for u to pput dress u need to put long dress nd simple withaout animal pics nd with priyer allah wll need u to do what is right
good luck i hope u are fine because islam is easy nd try to read because opignon are differant

Salem9022

selaamu 'aleykum

any of you brothers here wear a muslim skull cap or any other form of headcovering?

As a covert to islam (elhamdulillah) I've been thinking of wearing one. Just as women have the hijaab I think it's also important for men to dress modestly as well.

I've been thinking..... and isn't it kind of dumb that women are forced to wear a so-called "islamic dress code" yet the majority of men don't follow it themselves?

opinions please

maybe you'r talking about this :D
palestinian-scarf-003191.jpg

Kayote

Salam, I was actually thinking about this a day or two back. From my understanding, we men should also cover our head for players.

jaffarabduraheem

Not afraid of you.
Asalaamu alaykum brother,

It seems to me that the question of men covering their heads is also a question of which parts of the sunnah of rasul Allah (saaws) are required and which are optional. My understanding is that he (saaws) nor his companions would be seen outdoors without some covering on their heads. Also rasul Allah (saaws) never said that it was optional which generally makes something like that required. I believe that this, our beards (which I believe are required) and the length of our garments constitute the rules of male hijab. Intended to differentiate Muslim from non-Muslim.

Of course Allah is the best knower and if I'm wron it's my own fault.
Jazakum Allah khairun.

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
selaamu 'aleykum

opinions please

Salam Alaikum

First I probably would not say that it is dumb but it is actually smart t cover your body this is a command from Allah. Look at the west (USA). I am from here born and raised and I see women disrespected by not covering there bodies. Rapes, men calling them names when the do not entertain conversing with them, men grabbing their bodies, etc.. When we guard our modesty muslim and non muslim men respect us. I have seen even non muslim men show me respect. For instance one time a group of guys were hanging out in front of a store cussing, etc.. As I approached the store they stopped talking, greeting me with Salam Alaikum and opened the door. When we cover men look to us with respect and dignity not just a object and trying to converse with us for other reasons.

Men should dress with modesty as well and Allah gave them a dress code to follow. If a man decides to cover more than required that is ok too. But the women are weaker than men when situations arise from not guarding their modesty. What I mean by that if a man does not cover his chest I havent seen to many cases where a woman raped him. But when a women goes this route the rape cases are unreal. Personally I think all muslims should identify themselves as muslims. But being that men are the providers some jobs that the inquire they might not be able to wear a kufi, or jalabia, etc.. Allah is the all knowing so he set our dress codes accordingly as he sees fit.

BintMuhammad

Staff member
__Enslaved___ : Wearing a skull-cap or a "kufi" or any type of headcover is not obligatory for men that is why it is not strictly imposed as opposed to the female headcover...

BUT yes, I agree "male Islamic dress code" is most of the time taken lightly especially the lower garment where it should not go below the ankles. Al-Bukhaari reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Whatever of the izaar (lower garment) is below the ankles is in the Fire." (al-Bukhaari, no. 5787)

Men’s dress code

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Here where i live (Kuwait, Arabian gulf) most Kuwaiti men wear what we call "Dish'dasha".
Its like a shirt (white for the summer and dark colors for winter) that can be below the knees with long sleeves. I personaly believe it is the same kind of shirts worn by arabs at the time of Prophet Mohammed SAW with a slight difference.

Wearing a skull-cap or a "kufi" has nothing to do with the "islamic dress code". arabs used to wear something on the head to keep from the heat of the sun, thats all.

To a muslim man his cloths must be:
Not tight, not transperent, and must cover the part between the Belly-button to the knees, and doesn't have drawings on it to be able to perform Salah with it.

Note: in Salah Shoulders must be covered. so it would be better to have something that covers the body from the neck to the knees (like "Dishdasha" or punjabi like the one worn by afghani men...etc). or you can wear a t-shirt with jeans that aren't so tight.